Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who here trains in Raw Condition Gym?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭COH

link_2007 wrote: »
    You should have seen him Saturday.

Had some poor lad on his hands and knees, over by the treadmills in a pool of his own sweat. He was struggling to get up and I genuinely thought he was going to puke his ring any second.

COH just stood, with an evil smirk on his face, watching him while holding the broom handle which I can only assume was to knock ****e out of him if he didn't get up.

1 - He asked for it
    2 - Its not a broom handle, its a motivation stick
    3 - He got up... eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Raw closes at...?
    Zombienosh wrote: »

Except tomorrow, when it closes at 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They're closing early so COH can dispose of a roll of carpet - no sign of a dead body or broom handle/motivation stick, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

They're closing early due to some angry midget with a hefty dose of small man syndrome. I'm gonna hang outside with a bucket of fried chicken and see which he chooses.

Clearly needs the motivation stick

35mgxhf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Living very close by, was thinking of maybe joining up. I would run a fair amount, so not interested in cardio. Cutting down on body fat and building core strength (both to help improve my running) would be the goal, but I have no clue whatsoever when it comes to weights. Would this be a grand gym for a beginner?

Also, I commute to work in Citywest so it'd be weekday evenings and weekends that I'd probably be able to make it in. Too busy at these times?

• Advertisement

Living very close by, was thinking of maybe joining up. I would run a fair amount, so not interested in cardio. Cutting down on body fat and building core strength (both to help improve my running) would be the goal, but I have no clue whatsoever when it comes to weights. Would this be a grand gym for a beginner?

Also, I commute to work in Citywest so it'd be weekday evenings and weekends that I'd probably be able to make it in. Too busy at these times?

It's a great gym for a beginner.

It depends on what times you will be there oyn weekday evenings but more often than not I've been able to do what I want to do and I'm there between 5.30 and 7. Weekends are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Sent in a request for a trial pass on their website anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

but I have no clue whatsoever when it comes to weights. Would this be a grand gym for a beginner?
    No offence, just be prepared to feel very puny! It can be kinda intimidating being surrounded by all these beasts but it's also very motivating. It's a great atmosphere in Raw but it's not like your typical commercial gym.

CM24 wrote: »
    No offence, just be prepared to feel very puny! It can be kinda intimidating being surrounded by all these beasts but it's also very motivating. It's a great atmosphere in Raw but it's not like your typical commercial gym.

This is true but the thing is the majority of those big guys will all be really helpful. And respectful.

Unless you're being a dick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭COH

Big guys have feelings too... there's just more of us to hurt :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Spookyspook

Where exactly is this gym? I am looking for a good one, but I am probably too far away :(

Where exactly is this gym? I am looking for a good one, but I am probably too far away :(

Portobello/Rathmines. Just off South Richmond St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Beside the delicious Aussie BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Saw the new pulley/rope machine today, was gonna give it a go but done a drop set and blew my load. Seen some more new equipment down at the trx but not what was there....

Advertisement