Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Slightly OT but trying to sort something to watch tomorrow nights game against Palace. I had been using a mates Sky Go password all season but he's gone and dropped the football with two games remaining, the sap ! So I heard that some bookies allow you to stream once you set up an account but not sure which ones, I can't see anything on Paddy Powers site. Also just thinking about next season- I had a sub for First Row Sports a couple of years back but it got cancelled and refunded 6 weeks into the season, I'm guessing because they weren't legal ? Just wondering are there any streaming services with Sky Sports or ESPN out there that are legal ? I usually only watch Liverpool games and the odd big 4 clash so can't really justify paying €35 a month to Sky, just looking to see is there a cheaper way to get access.
    PM sent,enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

5live wrote: »
    Watching Willian on the highlights on sky. He would have been superb in our system and his covering and defensive work would have been a massive advantage too.

And how sad Torres has fallen so far:-(

Yeah his work rate has been phenomenal, he's probably the one signing that we missed out on that might of made a difference in our season.

Hopefully we get genuine quality in the summer so we actually have something a bit different on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That would be different.

But if he's the right age and fits the FSG model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

For all the Liverpool fans who accused Everton of being bitter and small time in their actions yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO9YWZOI1yk&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eh i dunno wrote: »

For all the Liverpool fans who accused Everton of being bitter and small time in their actions yesterday

Fanzone? Really? Ahahahahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Someone said at the end of the last thread that they hope BR gets some shopping done before the World Cup. I couldn't agree more, I might be wrong on this but I always get the impression that the transfer market is over inflated directly after a World Cup. Prices paid for players after a WC always seem to be way over the odds for what can often turn out to be an average player. I think this might be because lots of players raise their game when playing for their country and also because some players fit better into the way their national team play and therefore they look like great prospects during the WC but look rather ordinary when they're at a new club following a big money move.

Anyway just wondering do we have our eye on an internationals from Chile ? If they can get out of their group (Spain, Holland, Australia) I think they might be a bit of a dark horse (alongside Belgium) this summer in Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Probably still embarrassed about his Torres post.

Embarrassing when you realise he is a sap. Really lets us down.
    Even then Riise would be my choice. More consistent, plus he wasn't made of glass

Riise and Aurelio are all well and good but have ye people forgot about Downing? Even when he wasn't playing left back he was still providing cover while Enrique went up field to do a few pirouettes upfield.
    Hmmm...

I concur, do you concur?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We should sign someone in the summer because reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I concur, do you concur?

I conquer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Someone said at the end of the last thread that they hope BR gets some shopping done before the World Cup. I couldn't agree more, I might be wrong on this but I always get the impression that the transfer market is over inflated directly after a World Cup. Prices paid for players after a WC always seem to be way over the odds for what can often turn out to be an average player. I think this might be because lots of players raise their game when playing for their country and also because some players fit better into the way their national team play and therefore they look like great prospects during the WC but look rather ordinary when they're at a new club following a big money move.

Anyway just wondering do we have our eye on an internationals from Chile ? If they can get out of their group (Spain, Holland, Australia) I think they might be a bit of a dark horse (alongside Belgium) this summer in Brazil.

But you pick up the gems by seeing who has a decent tournament then buying them . In the history of all the world cups held in 2002 that's never failed us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Augmerson wrote: »
    We should sign someone in the summer because reasons.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

United have already signed every good player on planet earth. Good luck in your Champions League next season because United already have all the best players from the world cup and will reign supreme. UnIted are legends. UNITED HAVE RESPECT IDIOTS I AM LEGEND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Woooooo Come on Liverpool!

Wait, what do you mean its 12 hours away.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Liam O wrote: »

United have already signed every good player on planet earth. Good luck in your Champions League next season because United already have all the best players from the world cup and will reign supreme. UnIted are legends. UNITED HAVE RESPECT IDIOTS I AM LEGEND.

giphy.gif

nooooooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You've either stayed up too late or got up too early.

I admire your optimism though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ah, still trying to justify cheering against your own team I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Finally it's game day, what a long wait!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Finally it's game day, what a long wait!

It has been a long wait but it's a long wait until 8 o'clock too. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Phil Baab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

You seem to be a balanced and well rounded individual, I wish you well in your lobotomy. And you're right you are a Leg end. :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

"@CityTalk1059: NEWS - Liverpool comedian @JohnBishop100 has donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group @HFSG_Official"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Phil Baab

diouf

Hate waiting for Monday games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Best left back in the prem era?

Amazing player. One of my all time favorites in Liverpool. An exceptional technical talent. He also had a vision for the game I've rarely seen before or after.

aurelio-o.gif

tumblr_inline_n0s1th8SEQ1rvb34b.gif

Aw yis loved aurelio, definately our best left back in recent times and it still remains a problem area to this day. Hes only played 5 games for gremio since he left us, shame he was made of glass, also didnt reslise he won la liga with rafa with valencia. What a guy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Agueroooo wrote: »
    "@CityTalk1059: NEWS - Liverpool comedian @JohnBishop100 has donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group @HFSG_Official"

Very generous.. He's probably got a few quid but not crazy money. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

delw wrote: »
    PM sent,enjoy

Send that to me too, please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You've either stayed up too late or got up too early.

I admire your optimism though.

Probably both tbh :p

Nah was a joke based around the greatest TV show ever, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Seemed like a good one at the time :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

looder wrote: »
    Send that to me too, please :)

I'd like in on the action please, if it's not too much trouble.

Probably both tbh :p

Nah was a joke based around the greatest TV show ever, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Seemed like a good one at the time :o

Love that show but your joke went over my head. Sorry. Probably too early for me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ah, still trying to justify cheering against your own team I see
    I don't think he'd need to justify it - same as you don't need to justify Liverpool supportes who did it

But

Any evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭garra

"Tireless endeavour allied to extraordinary imagination makes an irresistible combination," FWA chairman Andy Dunn said.

Football writers chairman on Luis' POTY award, they do like their hyperbole those footie writers - but in this case it is justified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement