Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

That's unluncky. Hopefully not too serious. The niners sure seem to have more than their fair share of injuries.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Too many injuries to be competitive in a game like this.

Next is bye week followed by Rams and Saints. Probably need to win both of those, start to get players back after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Broncos are good but 49ers are absolutely pants.

Broncos better not run up the score again, my opponent in fantasy has Hillman, J Thomas and McManus. I was winning the matchup by 40 points coming into this game. Now i'm only up by 10 going into the 4th.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Too many injuries to be competitive in a game like this.

Next is bye week followed by Rams and Saints. Probably need to win both of those, start to get players back after that.

Arizona going into a tough stretch of their schedule over the next 4/5 weeks. A couple of wins from SF and SEA should see the division tighten up.

Hazys wrote: »
    Broncos are good but 49ers are absolutely pants.

Broncos better not run up the score again, my opponent in fantasy has Hillman, J Thomas and McManus. I was winning the matchup by 40 points coming into this game. Now i'm only up by 10 going into the 4th.

A bit harsh, they had their chance at 21-10 with the ball and again at 28-10 when Kaep missed an open TD.

I have Sanders on my team and he's had 2 sure TDs taken away by blatant PI in the endzone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

poldebruin wrote: »
    A bit harsh, they had their chance at 21-10 with the ball and again at 28-10 when Kaep missed an open TD.

I have Sanders on my team and he's had 2 sure TDs taken away by blatant PI in the endzone.

TBH i only started watching the game since the second half (was watching the Walking Dead :o), so the first play i practically saw was the terrible INT followed up by a quick Thomas TD. So all ive seen is them completely giving up.

Hazys wrote: »
    TBH i only started watching the game since the second half (was watching the Walking Dead :o), so the first play was the terrible INT followed up by a quick Thomas TD. So all ive seen is them completely giving up.

Fair enough, the niners were unlucky in the first half with a missed FG and a dropped TD. They had actually outgained Denver in the first half. It has been fairly one way since the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

kryogen wrote: »
    The question coming to mind is will this be the season big Tom in Big Blue gets the bullet? Time for a change? A fresh approach? A younger man?

I do enjoy the woes of course.

Need a change at this stage. Next few weeks will be rough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

- Manning was awesome last night, breaking the record in style, and with typical class. His arm looks stronger to me this year. I'd read how the doctors told him the strength would gradually come back, and I think you can see that this year. The 40-yard touchdown pass to Demariyus Thomas in the end-zone, I don't think he was throwing last year.

- I was watching the game this morning on condensed view, and when the 49ers had their first 3-and-out, I said 'they're going to get hammered', because you could see the beaten-up offensive line wasn't holding up. Criticism of Kaepernick I think is unfair in that game, I thought he played well, just had no chance with the o-line.

He had one fantastic drive under the circumstances when they drove from their own 13, down 14-0, and should've ended in a touchdown, but Boldin dropped the ball in the end-zone. Would've been 14-7, but 14-3 instead, and in the form Manning was in, they were never going to keep up.

- There's a right way and a wrong way to lose. The 49ers lost with honour, they were outmatched, but they fought and competed and did the best with what they had. The wrong way to lose was on show at Soldier Field yesterday with a pathetic all round performance, which has happened too often this season. Rookie sensation, Kyle Fuller, broke his hand and the season is looking like unravelling now for the Bears.

- I loved the Rams' fake punt to beat the Seahawks. My initial thought was 'wow, that's gutsy', to do from their own 18. But thinking about it after, it was also smart. They were ahead by 2, and with 4 downs to work from, it would've been almost impossible to stop the Seahawks getting into field goal range. So they do the fake punt, which maybe has a 50% chance, but much higher I think than stopping the Seahawks. The percentage play, but still gutsy because Fisher would've been crucified if they didn't convert it. Great day for the Rams' special teams all round with the cool misdirection on the punt return.

- Cowboys leading the league at 6-1. Who'd have thought it? (I had them down for 4-12 before the season). Rod Marinelli is doing an unbelievable job there with a defense that has had major injury problems. I don't think they're as good as their record, but obviously out-performing expectations.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bad news about fuller. I had him as DROY for the season so far.

Agree the 49ers were completely outmatched, just need to hang on until the reinforcements arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    Bad news about fuller. I had him as DROY for the season so far.

Agree the 49ers were completely outmatched, just need to hang on until the reinforcements arrive.

Apparently fuller has two injuries, the hand and a hip point contusion. The latter is actually likely to keep him out longer, last according to windycitygridiron.com. Could be three or four weeks. Along with Ratliff, was one of the few defensive highlights for the bears. We look to be screwed, expect us to absolutely destroy the patriots and them get shut out by Tampa. That kind of year.

Stopped watching the Denver game at half time. Nice he got the record but it was starting to get on my nads the way they went in and on about it, before and after it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Broncos look the real deal. Miller is one of the best players in the league, huge for them he stays fit.

Bears have me at the edge. At least the hoops start soon. Honestly if D-Rose goes down early this year I'm done with sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Havent watched hawkes over much this year? but are they running much ? or are they trying to prove to lynch they can win without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Steelers fans would have to be happy with this statistic ahead of tonight:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers have won a record 15-straight Monday Night Football games at home, with their last such loss coming in 1991 against the Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Delighted for Peyton. Greatest of all time. Cant see that record ever getting broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Broncos look the real deal. Miller is one of the best players in the league, huge for them he stays fit.

The Broncos are the real deal and are favs to win the SB now. They have played some top-notch teams and have not put together a complete game until last night.

When you can sit Manning for the fourth quarter against one of the better teams in the NFL you know you are firing on all cylinders. Th Broncos era seriously good last night and in particular the defence handled the 49ers with ease (finishing the game with several back-ups in the game).

I am looking forward to the rest of the season - this Broncos team is more than capable of going all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Raf32 wrote: »
    Delighted for Peyton. Greatest of all time. Cant see that record ever getting broke.

Why does that record make him the GOAT?

Would you not take into consideration overall win % for example, most playoff wins etc? Rings?

Peyton is up there, for me he is in the discussion but I can never get past Tom for the GOAT. He has it all, and he has without a doubt had the tougher path in terms of his offence constantly getting changed on him, what he managed last season was incredible when you look at it.

We are very lucky to be able to see both of these men play out their careers in front of us. Shame it has to end

Paully D wrote: »
    Steelers fans would have to be happy with this statistic ahead of tonight:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers have won a record 15-straight Monday Night Football games at home, with their last such loss coming in 1991 against the Giants.

The kiss of death hopefully :) Need the Texans to cover the spread to get me out this weekend and salvage a small profit.

kryogen wrote: »

Close in Foxboro but a win is a win! On to the rest

New York Jets @ New England Patriots W
    Miami Dolphins @ Chicago Bears L
    Buffalo Bills W
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts L
    Cleveland Browns @ Jacksonville Jaguars L
    Detroit Lions W
    Green Bay Packers W
    Seattle Seahawks @ St Louis Rams L
    Atlanta Falcons @ Baltimore Ravens W
    Washington Redskins W
    Kansas City Chiefs @ San Diego Chargers L
    Dallas Cowboys coin toss time...............was going with Cowboys, now I think Big Blue............**** it, stick with Cowboys W
    Arizona Cardinals @ Oakland Raiders W
    San Francisco 49ers @ Denver Broncos W
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Awful week thus far, 9-5 with one to play

Its a frustrating one for me tonight, its tough to go against the Steelers on Monday night at home, but I just think the Texans are a better team and quite fancy them to win outright, I also like the overs as both teams give up big plays, Texans D is struggling despite JJ Watt awesomeness.

I think Antonio will have a big game but hopefully in a losing effort...........

Thought I was in the betting thread apologies, in here I picked the Steelers earlier in the week and will stick by them, just hope the Texans cover :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Last call of a pathetic week for me, I'll go with the Texans.

Also putting €15 on Texans to win & over 36.5 points at 13/8, and another €15 on Fitzpatrick over 229.5 passing yards at 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Only live game getting to see all weekend. If was forced to pick a winner I'd go for the Steelers.

By the way, keep an eye out for Swearinger.

He's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Roethlisberger is probably the best QB to get a throw off when he is being tackled. JJ Watt is one of the best at taking them down. Round one to Big Ben there.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Last call of a pathetic week for me, I'll go with the Texans.
    Going to have to correct myself - I made my picks in a rush and thought I had barely even got half of them right. Turns out I'm 11-3 as is, not perfect but not bad! :)

Fitzpatrick just out Big Ben'd Big Ben!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Foster has been so impressive so far. 59 yards on that drive and then Blue comes in and gets the reception for the td.

Super drive led by Foster, the team that normally starts terribly jumps out to a 7 point lead

Great drive there, 94 yards and Fitzpatrick had to shove a defender off him on his own 2 yard line on 3rd down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Perfect start for the Texans with some nice play thrown in.

• Advertisement

Watt just flattened his own player there

Advertisement