Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Disgrace that Sterling got 3 BPS

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

A disgrace if you don't have him a blessing if you do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

37, five to play including capt. Twill do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

37 With Fabregas,Di Maria,Costa,Naismth and Aguero (c) to come.

Hoping to land a decent score this week after today's games went my way after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

29 with four to go. Fabregas, Rooney, Aguero and Costa (c).

Sterling's 10 is the difference between a good day and a bad day for many I'd imagine.

My budget defence delivers 15 points for the price of 17.5 mil for goalkeeper and three defenders. Taylor was very near 9 instead of 2. Duff and Aanholt deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

32 with evans, di maria, fabregas, costa and rooney (c) to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

31 with 4 inc captain to play. Sterling and Wellbeck getting the bulk of the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,797 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pipjam wrote: »

Sterling's 10 is the difference between a good day and a bad day for many I'd imagine.

My budget defence delivers 15 points for the price of 17.5 mil for goalkeeper and three defenders. Taylor was very near 9 instead of 2. Duff and Aanholt deliver.

As large % own him chances are it's still a bad day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

33 with four to go. Manquillo subbed after 20 mins and alderweirald not getting any game time was a blow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Couldn't believe that.... Gutted.

WC'ed this week and dropped Siggy & Sterling. Along with dumping Ramsey a few weeks before, I thought I was having a great week with just one goal between them. Didn't expect any bonus points for him let alone 3.

Wasn't expecting much from today, only had 3 players playing but happy with the 15 points they brought. Guzan, Clyne and Duff.
    Chambers on the bench with 5 if he's needed.

Blackett, Mata, Di Maria, Fab, Aguero, Costa and captain Ade to come.
    Bring on the goals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

16 points is the average. My 19 puts me at 1.2 million which is better than I was expecting but not that important with the big matches to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 lostsoul21

29 from 4- Quinn, Sterling , Welbeck and Routledge
    Falcao (c) , costa, fab, silva, azpil , kompany and de gea to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Couldn't believe that.... Gutted.

WC'ed this week and dropped Siggy & Sterling. Along with dumping Ramsey a few weeks before, I thought I was having a great week with just one goal between them. Didn't expect any bonus points for him let alone 3.

Wasn't expecting much from today, only had 3 players playing but happy with the 15 points they brought. Guzan, Clyne and Duff.
    Chambers on the bench with 5 if he's needed.

Blackett, Mata, Di Maria, Fab, Aguero, Costa and captain Ade to come.
    Bring on the goals!

And Chadli... Can't forget Chadli :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

20 from 4. Rubbish from Pieters. Fairly happy with that aside from him. Have the big guns to come, with 7 left to play. Here's hoping for an absolute goal-fest (except for Aguero) because cleansheets just aren't meant for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

35 with Costa, Fab, ADM and Captain Ade to play. Should be a solid enough week after wildcarding hopefully. A decent return from Ade will be the difference in it being very good.

My cheap cheap defence was the highlight. My back 3 & keeper cost me 17.5m and returned 18 points. If I'd played Clyne ahead of Hutton it would have been 25pts for 18.5m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Only dropped 1k with 22, surprised by that.

6 left plus captain Rooney, take that overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've moved into six figures for the first time this year:o

32 today from 6, still have Rooney, Aguero, Hazard, Eriksen and Ade (c)

Costa can still screw it up for me but Ramsey helped me out today anyway. If I had played Mannone instead of Krul:(:mad:

Wow, them 31 pts have moved me up 300k odd places. Cpt choice could be absolutely critical tomorrow.

KevIRL wrote: »
    37, five to play including capt. Twill do.

Same! My cheap defence has done great stuff again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not really. He did better than anyone else on the metrics that get a player bonus points. He doesn't lose points for the Liverpool defence being syhte.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Wow, them 31 pts have moved me up 300k odd places. Cpt choice could be absolutely critical tomorrow.

Have moved up 380k too, but lots of big players still to play, plenty of teams with 6 or 7 to play judging by the thread, while I only have four incl captain.

As you say, captain bonus will be crucial....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭G1032

I have no United cover and only 23 points. Oh God.

FHFC wrote: »
    Have moved up 380k too, but lots of big players still to play, plenty of teams with 6 or 7 to play judging by the thread, while I only have four incl captain.

As you say, captain bonus will be crucial....

I have four to play, but with captain choices including City, Utd, Chelsea players, and Naismith, its absolutely anyones week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As "bad" weeks go my 25 doesn't look too bad so far. I actually rose 100 spots although the chasing pack gaining 10 or so points today is something I'm aware of. The Sterling goal and 3 BPs is unfortunate but could have been worse.

De Gea, Mata, Fabregas, Costa and Rooney (c) to go tomorrow.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I have four to play, but with captain choices including City, Utd, Chelsea players, and Naismith, its absolutely anyones week.

No. It's Ade's week.....:cool:

Let's try some positive thinking for a change!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Took a punt & benched Siggy today for Chadli,2 points from Siggy so half my plan has worked out.

For a change this season my back 3 actually gave me a decent return.

29 points with 6 big hitters to play including my captain,c'mon Falcao tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

daithijjj wrote: »
    Only dropped 1k with 22, surprised by that.

6 left plus captain Rooney, take that overnight.

Pleasantly surprised to have only fallen 10k places given my paltry 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,797 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rooney staying quite tomorrow and Aguero to score tomorrow and all will be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

up to 28k from 77k , :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ever have those moments where, in retrospect, you wonder how on earth you thought a particular choice was good? PVA sits on my bench with his 6 points while Hutton drags my player average down with a solitary point. I really don't know how I didn't go with the player who was up against a team that had two consecutive goalless draws coming into the game.

That said, happy enough so far. 32 points with DDG, Fab, Di Maria, Diego Costa, and Rooney(c) to come. I'm a little worried about my lack of Spurs coverage for tomorrow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

up to 28k from 77k , :D

28k from 130k. Good good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Finish the day with 22 (PVA(6) is coming on for Chester. So 28 really).
    Have Di Maria, Fabregas, Costa(C) and Aguero to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

36 mainly thanks to Caulker, Clyne and Sterling. Rooney (c), Ivanovic, Costa and Fabregas to play but I expect to drop back tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Jumped to 25K overall after todays update.

Amazingly lept to 32nd place in the overall rankings in Ultimate FPL after todays update

Green arrows it's damn good to see yis lads....will be happy out if they can stay green after tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Red arrows after 15 points but tomorrow is an important day.

Sterling's points did some damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've drunkenly come to the conclusion Wilfried Bony wants to destroy my season :D
    after GW 1 I transferred him in for Jovetic as Bony had 2 home fixtures. He gets 2 points GW 2 jovetic gets 2 goals and 3 BP.
    I don't want to give up on him though but want jovstic back as city have stoke at home so I transfer Costa out (injured I thought) instead of bony......bony blank jovetic blank Costa goals!
    gw 4 sell bony. he is dropped I'm happy. comes on gets assist .I'm not happy
    gw5........I captain siggy....he fails go convert siggy corner for a captains assist then gets sent off.......Swansea enter retreat mode costing me captain points and Taylor clean sheet
    I may have to rename myteam from "My Little Bony" :D

km79 wrote: »
    I've drunkenly come to the conclusion Wilfried Bony wants to destroy my season :D
    after GW 1 I transferred him in for Jovetic as Bony had 2 home fixtures. He gets 2 points GW 2 jovetic gets 2 goals and 3 BP.
    I don't want to give up on him though but want jovstic back as city have stoke at home so I transfer Costa out (injured I thought) instead of bony......bony blank jovetic blank Costa goals!
    gw 4 sell bony. he is dropped I'm happy. comes on gets assist .I'm not happy
    gw5........I captain siggy....he fails go convert siggy corner for a captains assist then gets sent off.......Swansea enter retreat mode costing me captain points and Taylor clean sheet
    I may have to rename myteam from "My Little Bony" :D

My little Bone-me... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

25 pts. 5 to play including (C) Costa.

That's about average I'd say. Could have been a lot worse had I have the time to change Clyne for Pieters. Have to thank Busts for the original advice :cool:. The other ones were not wrong though but sometimes things just don't work out as they should.

Looks like again I made the wrong GK choice by going with DeGea for the first 3 games and now with the Newcastle lads... Last year it cost me a top 1k finish, this year 12 pts (1 CS only) out of 5 GWs! 2.4 pts/GW is clearly not enough... ah well... what can I do :rolleyes:...

just watchig MOTD.. some finsh from jelavic.. newcatsle are tripe this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ah Jesus lads I've only 9 points today :( Reading all your scores of 20 - 40 makes me sad :o

3 Played, 8 to go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Danger781 wrote: »
    Ah Jesus lads I've only 9 points today :( Reading all your scores of 20 - 40 makes me sad :o

3 Played, 8 to go..

Well you still have 8 players left so no need to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭skippy15

51 points with 5 to play takes me to the lofty high of 1700 0verall and 118 in ireland. Happy out f highor a career

skippy15 wrote: »
    51 points with 5 to play takes me to the lofty high of 1700 0verall and 118 in ireland. Happy out f highor a career

That's a great score.. Who do you have? I'd be close to that if is captained Welbeck instead of bottling it late on. Hoping for Leicester to do the business tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

25 points with 5 to play... Altho likely my first sub will come for one so 27 points and 4 to play with Rooney(C),Fabregas,Costa,Naismith

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pipjam wrote: »

Although my defenders are a little more expensive (Clyne and Caulker), it's great to see such a return from non-premium defenders. I brought in Duff but left him on the bench but it's another move to a cheaper backline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

A 0-0 in the Leicester City game would be beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

A 0-0 in the Leicester City game would be beautiful

You have a Leicester defender today??

The more I look at Mannone on my bench and Krul on my team the more it drives me mad, I'm not sure if it was the right decision or not with the bookies etc but Newcastle have been so poor at the back and Burnley so toothless going forward that I think I should have gone the other way. The extra 9 points would be huge for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

The more I look at Mannone on my bench and Krul on my team the more it drives me mad, I'm not sure if it was the right decision or not with the bookies etc but Newcastle have been so poor at the back and Burnley so toothless going forward that I think I should have gone the other way. The extra 9 points would be huge for me.

Nope I have Evans, Mata and Rooney.

A lot of lads in my league have Rooney captain or Di Maria -I'd like a shut out an no one to score points - captain Welbeck did the biz for me so an Evans clean sheet and maybe my Chelsea boys (Azpil, Fabregas, Costa) to do something would be perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The bookies had slimmer odds on a Newcastle cleanie than sunderland. I did a check on friday and it reaffirmed my decision to go with Krul over Mannone.

When I get around to it I will be getting rid of Krul for someone else....remove the tempatation ever to play him again.

Advertisement