Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Six Nations Fantasy Rugby - Irish Times + ESPNscrum

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

patmac wrote: »
    Well I'm winning the Boards ESPN comp after a good week but forgot the Irish Times one so not doing too well there.

I'm 2nd in that but in general I'm not doing as well as I'd like in either. The IT is a write off though, much prefer having to pick specific positions in ESPN than the basically free for all in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I elected not to make 1 single change this week and jumped from mid-table obscurity up to 5th in the Irish Times league ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Bump any teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

icon2.pnghttp://www.planetrugby.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Provisional Line-Ups - Italy v Wales (Saturday, 12:30)

Italy: McLean, Sarto, Morisi, Masi, Venditti, Haimona, Gori, Rizzo, Ghiraldini, Castrogiovanni, Biagi, Furno, Minto, Bergamasco, Vunisa.

Replacements: Manici, De Marchi, Chistolini, Geldenhuys, Barbieri, Palazzani, Orquera, Bacchin.

Wales: Halfpenny, North, J Davies, J Roberts, L Williams, Biggar, Webb, Evans, Baldwin, Jarvis, Charteris, A-W Jones, Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau.

Replacements: Owens, Gill, Andrews, Ball, Tipuric, G Davies, Priestland, S Williams.

Provisional Line-Ups - Scotland v Ireland (Saturday, 14:30)

Scotland: Hogg, Fife, Bennett, Scott, Seymour, Russell, Laidlaw, Grant, Ford, Murray, Hamilton, J Gray, Ashe, Cowan, Denton.

Replacements: Brown, Dickinson, Cross, Swinson, Harley, Hidalgo-Clyne, Tonks, Visser.

Ireland: Kearney, Bowe, Payne, Henshaw, Fitzgerald, Sexton, Murray, Healy, Best, Ross, Toner, O'Connell, O'Mahony, O'Brien, Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, McGrath, Moore, Henderson, Murphy, Reddan, Madigan, F Jones.

Provisional Line-Ups - England v France (Saturday, 17:00)

England: Brown, Watson, Joseph, Burrell, Nowell, Ford, B Youngs, Marler, Hartley, Cole, Parling, Lawes, Haskell, Robshaw, B Vunipola.

Replacements: T Youngs, M Vunipola, Brookes, Easter, Wood, Wigglesworth, Cipriani, Twelvetrees.

France: Spedding, Huget, Fickou, Mermoz, Nakaitaci, Plisson, Tillous-Borde, Debaty, Guirado, Mas, Flanquart, Maestri, Dusautoir, le Roux, Goujon.

Replacements: Kayser, Slimani, Atonio, Taofifenua, Chouly, Kockott, Tales, Bastareaud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No Parisse for Italy is a serious problem

Had a great day yesterday in both games (despite no North, I was "that" close to get him in) for what was a thrilling 6N finale :eek: :D. Wales put up the tempo, Ireland kept it rolling and the best enemies offered us a fantastic game to wrap it up. One of the best day of rugby I ever witnessed. There was everything. The (general) quality of play, the attacking will and the thrilling suspense to decide this year winner. Congrats to Ireland in the end (with acknowledgements due to Sarto and Les Bleus :D :P).

So. Made a huge climb to claim the second spot in the ESPN comp and entered the top10 (7th) or dare I say a "finalist" position in "Olympic standard" :p for the first time in the Irish Times one :cool:.

Final positions. Inside top 15k in ESPN and inside top 3k in the Irish Times. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Finished 1k in the irishtimes, not great really there wouldn't be a huge amount of participants. There's really not much to fantasy rugby, should be more ways to score points.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Finished 1k in the irishtimes, not great really there wouldn't be a huge amount of participants. There's really not much to fantasy rugby, should be more ways to score points.
    I'd say there's at least 50k in the Irish Times and 100k in ESPN. So 1k in the former is not bad at all.

About the game itself, it's deliberately kept simple since the 6N appeals to everyone, rugby fans or not.
    I know there's a fantasy game for the Top 14 and the game and scoring are much more complicated and you can't perform if you have no idea about the sport and its players.

iroced wrote: »
    I'd say there's at least 50k in the Irish Times and 100k in ESPN. So 1k in the former is not bad at all.

About the game itself, it's deliberately kept simple since the 6N appeals to everyone, rugby fans or not.
    I know there's a fantasy game for the Top 14 and the game and scoring are much more complicated and you can't perform if you have no idea about the sport and its players.

There's a team in my league whose players didn't even all start the first week and he made no transfers, finished 27k overall so there can't be much more than 35k teams. There's another team that finished 12k which only made transfers in GW1. Realistically probably not that much more than 6-8k active teams (i.e. made transfers each week).

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    There's a team in my league whose players didn't even all start the first week and he made no transfers, finished 27k overall so there can't be much more than 35k teams. There's another team that finished 12k which only made transfers in GW1. Realistically probably not that much more than 6-8k active teams (i.e. made transfers each week).

Yeah you're right here. Never came across a team lower ranked than 30k. So over-estimated this one. But my ESPN figures are correct ;). Thats's the main comp for me. The Irish Times is a weird one that doesn't respect the balance of a rugby squad.
    Hard to know about the active ones though... And actually North would have been a popular pick for round 1 "casuals".

So basically what you implied is my 2.7k IT finish is crap right :pac:?

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah you're right here. Never came across a team lower ranked than 30k. So over-estimated this one. But my ESPN figures are correct ;). Thats's the main comp for me. The Irish Times is a weird one that doesn't respect the balance of a rugby squad.
    Hard to know about the active ones though... And actually North would have been a popular pick for round 1 "casuals".

So basically what you implied is my 2.7k IT finish is crap right :pac:?

Pretty much yeah! :D I finished 1k and thought that was average. Finished third in my ML which I would've expected to win although the winner did finish about 70th overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Finished 1k in the irish times one, still not too sure if that's good or not but I won my mini league so I suppose I'm happy enough.

Advertisement