Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The FSA Draft -Chat and Banter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tick tock tick tock.
    Manual man has 25 mins to make his pick. If nothing by midday then CSF is up and Manual man can make his midfielder pick at his leisure.

The pace seems to have slowed down over the last day, lets hope it pick up again over the weekend!
    I'm ready with my pick anyway, this would be the 2nd time I've gotten an earlier pick over manual man, he'll hate me!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just to note, I'm around to make my midfielder and striker selections today.
    My post in the selection thread can be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Starting to roll along now again, hopefully we can keep it up for the afternoon. Those forward picks will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

With ivanovic+tadic I'm tempted by jovetic... and proposing begovic owner a straight swap for foster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

bezuaua wrote: »
    With ivanovic+tadic I'm tempted by jovetic... and proposing begovic owner a straight swap for foster...

IC what you've done there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm leaving work in 15 minutes.

CALLING F1NGERS, BEZUAUA AND ONE COLD HAND. PICK A STRIKER!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Took Walcott as the 20th midfielder pick. Has the potential if he can be fit in the next month or so to rack up a good score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Took Walcott as the 20th midfielder pick. Has the potential if he can be fit in the next month or so to rack up a good score.

Depending on how soon Walcott comes back in to play you might end up with one of the strongest teams! Decent picks all round!

roryc wrote: »
    I'm leaving work in 15 minutes.

CALLING F1NGERS, BEZUAUA AND ONE COLD HAND. PICK A STRIKER!

Pm me your order if you want, I'm after you anyway

• Advertisement

Depending on how soon Walcott comes back in to play you might end up with one of the strongest teams! Decent picks all round!

Ye wasn't sure how to play it was going to go for Henderson and try and get Walcott in the transfer window but highly likely that somebody else could nab him before me. Short term pain long term gain hopefully.

Ye wasn't sure how to play it was going to go for Henderson and try and get Walcott in the transfer window but highly likely that somebody else could nab him before me. Short term pain long term gain hopefully.

Will be interesting to see how he fits back in to the squad with the amount of midfield options at Arsenal now! It will also have to be seen if he can find the same form he had 2 seasons ago, he has played so little over the last 18 months or so

Damn you busts. He was going to be my ace in the hole for mid number 2. Very much risk and reward anyway, hopefully he'll get back sooner rather than later for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I won't win, but with Balotelli in my team it will not be boring!

Heaton, Zabaletta, Eriksen, Balotelli

roryc wrote: »
    I won't win, but with Balotelli in my team it will not be boring!

Heaton, Zabaletta, Eriksen, Balotelli

Schmeichel, Terry, Lamela and Van Persie is dark horse territory, there will be better teams on paper for sure but I'm happy.

Umm Trigger, you might want to have another look at the selections before you Sturridge has been picked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Umm Trigger, you might want to have another look at the selections before you Sturridge has been picked?

Fixed that!

There could be a few interesting drunken picks over the weekend!

I was beginning to think Rooney had been forgotten about and may have made it to pick 20 :pac:

I have asked another fellow FSA'er to run the randomiser and post the updated random list here.
    I am not sure if I will be online later but at this stage hopefully ye can work out what to do once the current run is over and the new randomised list is available!!

CSF wrote: »
    Personally I think you're being very generous adding 12 hours on there, I understand the logic, but still.

I thought 9am to 9pm was the agreed time for daily activity.
    Not searching for the post, just remember it being mentioned.

Brought your post to this thread rather than clutter other thread.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I thought 9am to 9pm was the agreed time for daily activity.
    Not searching for the post, just remember it being mentioned.

Yeah but if the post before is at 6:50 PM I wouldn't be going on til 9 am in the morning. That's over 14 hours and isn't anywhere near good enough turnaround for an idea like this

If people had their act together this would have been done in a night.

• Advertisement

Yeah but if the post before is at 6:50 PM I wouldn't be going on til 9 am in the morning. That's over 14 hours and isn't anywhere near good enough turnaround for an idea like this

If people had their act together this would have been done in a night.

I agree.
    Learning curve for next season(if we do it again).
    We can exclude certain individuals in favour of more active posters.

Lads, it's Friday night of international duty week, we can't be too hard on our fellow club managers.

It's going to be a long season, there won't be too many Friday nights free.
    If a young manager has hit the boozer after checking out the reserves today, I think we should cut them a bit of slack :)

We all know it's a tough job, and we didn't always have kids, throw the young lads a bone.
    (Or let's all laugh at them when they pick Tom Cleverly at 4am this morning ;) )

There is no rush we are already 2/3 through it. Would love to do it next year having to pick a full squad or at least 11 players.

There is no rush we are already 2/3 through it. Would love to do it next year having to pick a full squad or at least 11 players.

I think picking an 11 man team would be excellent! Could begin the draft as soon as the game goes live with a round of transfers at the end of the window to allow for new players added to the game or to replace any players we may have lost from our initial picks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Here is the new randomised list courtesy of random.org.

There were 20 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Lucas Hood
    Swiper the fox
    manual_man
    bezuaua
    roryc
    shano_88
    $hifty
    Trigger Happy
    CSF
    slingerz
    SpaceCowb0y
    One Cold Hand
    Copper_pipe
    dahat
    Iused2likebusts
    the whole year inn
    Nuts102
    F1ngers
    Mr.Prodston
    PARlance

Timestamp: 2014-09-06 00:06:15 UTC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads what's the story is it only the 4 selections. Heading out at about 3 today so won't be back online until tomorrow morning sometime.

No there's another two to go,see the post above yours!

Def2 and Mid2 still to pick

Slingerz is free to pick now, $hifty has exceeded the 3 hours.

No there's another two to go,see the post above yours!

Def2 and Mid2 still to pick

Is it in that order lads?
    Def first then Mid?

PARlance wrote: »
    Is it in that order lads?
    Def first then Mid?

Yup

• Advertisement

Yup

Lovely... There's a certain midfielder out injuried at present that was overlooked that could be gold :)

Edit: ah bugger, iusedtolikebusts nabbed him as the 20th pick :(

PARlance wrote: »
    Lovely... There's a certain midfielder out injuried at present that was overlooked that could be gold :)

Edit: ah bugger, iusedtolikebusts nabbed him as the 20th pick :(

Great minds think alike. If he gets fit and playing quick enough and manages to stay fit I'd expect him to be in the top 3 mids by the end of the season.

Risk and reward is the name of the game with Samuel Eto'o. Even if he's coming off the bench you have to fancy him to score a few goals with Baines et al assisting.

Onto the 3rd segment of the draft now too.

Very surprised nobody went for Benteke

Very surprised nobody went for Benteke

I thought about it, was between him and Eto'o but went for the guy in the team that should score more goals. Plus he's still at least a few weeks away from playing at best and at worst who knows. In saying that I took a gamble in itself

Apologies lads, combination of friday night boozing and saturday morning hangover meant I didn't even think of the draft til now.

I did change my selection from Sakho to Davies... totaly forgot that skrtel will be coming back soon...

Did somebody PM Rory?

Did somebody PM Rory?

YES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Can I go?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Can I go?

I would love to let you go.
    But, in the interest of fairness roryc has until 09:01am to make his selection.

After that, it's all you.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I would love to let you go.
    But, in the interest of fairness roryc has until 09:01am to make his selection.

After that, it's all you.

You are a harsh timekeeper!

You are a harsh timekeeper!

:D

Deleted my post - Demichelis taken.

My team looks like a right bunch of hardmen (ie Card magnets).
    Kompany, Rojo and Rooney.
    Ozil and McGregor add that softer touch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

My team looks like a right bunch of hardmen (ie Card magnets).
    Kompany, Rojo and Rooney.
    Ozil and McGregor add that softer touch.

McGregor got a straight red for kicking a Palace player in January of last season :D

• Advertisement

Surprisingly happy with what I've got so far!!!

Surprisingly happy with what I've got so far!!!

Happy enough with my own I have to say. Probably yourself and busts with the two strongest teams overall.

Should be interesting anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bezzuua's team is the one I would like most at this stage.

Five and a half days in and we've managed 91 picks. I'm not quite sure what people thought they were signing up for when the twenty spots in the league filled up in two hours and seven minutes.

Bezzuua's team is the one I would like most at this stage.

Five and a half days in and we've managed 91 picks. I'm not quite sure what people thought they were signing up for when the twenty spots in the league filled up in two hours and seven minutes.

Well I'm hoping to have my thesis finished before the draft is so another couple of days will be grand :pac:

It is great when the picking moves along at a decent pace but so maddening when it just stops. Today has been a slooooow day.
    But we will get it complete in time for me to get the excel sheet properly set up. Then the weekly effort will just take about 2 mins from importing the data to the excel, sorting table and posting it in here.
    If any of ye are excel clever and want to check the file for bugs then pm me with your email and I will send it over. Assuming that FPL do not change their data page then we can easily adapt the file for next year and an increased number of players per entrant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement