Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The FSA Draft -Chat and Banter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It'll be interesting to see who the 40th defender will end up being :pac: Trying to figure out who might be left in 16th scares me a little too for the matter :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

It'll be interesting to see who the 40th defender will end up being :pac: Trying to figure out who might be left in 16th scares me a little too for the matter :o

16th choice keeper is never going to end well either is it :rolleyes::pac:

My keeper is going to be that fat kid who never got picked in P.E. isn't he! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Lads internet keeps going on and off head done in am i right 5th choice for goalkeeper so 16th and 25th for defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

16th choice keeper is never going to end well either is it :rolleyes::pac:

My keeper is going to be that fat kid who never got picked in P.E. isn't he! ha

What about 20th choice keeper:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

bezuaua wrote: »
    What about 20th choice keeper:confused::confused::confused:

At least he'll have Ivanovich (:)) ahead of him to help him out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

You and your clever ideas.
    But yes, good point.

Goal keeper, Defender 1, Defender 2, Randomise, Midfielder 1, Forward, Midfielder 2.

The committee approves this change. OP updated.

Im still not sure this is great though. If you are top of the list you get 2 1st choice picks right? If your bottom of the list you only get 1?

Essentially if you're top you 1st choice GK, 20th best defender, and 21st best defender.

If you're bottom you get 20th choice GK, 1st choice defender, and 40th choice defender.

Would 2 randomisations be possible?

So: Goalkeeper, Defender 1, randomise, Defender 2, Midfielder 1, randomise, Midfielder 2, Forward.

Edit: I'm pretty much in the middle, so doesn't really affect me either way, but I think whoever is at the top had the advantage with that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I was thinking about Mariappa... but perhaps ivan is a good shout :)

I agree. Randomise after every 2 picks would be fairer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Im still not sure this is great though. If you are top of the list you get 2 1st choice picks right? If your bottom of the list you only get 1?

Essentially if you're top you 1st choice GK, 20th best defender, and 21st best defender.

If you're bottom you get 20th choice GK, 1st choice defender, and 40th choice defender.

So: Goalkeeper, Defender 1, randomise, Defender 2, Midfielder 1, randomise, Midfielder 2, Forward.

Edit: I'm pretty much in the middle, so doesn't really affect me either way, but I think whoever is at the top had the advantage with that system.

Whatever about anything else Midfielder 1 and Forward surely have to be the 2 sides of one coin.

Otherwise you *could* end up with a situation where say somebody has Both Costa and Sanchez or Falcao and Hazard etc

Maybe defender 2 and midfielder 2 could be the 3rd randomised part if you split things into 3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Honestly i think the original idea of 1 GK 1 DEF 1 MID 1 FWD is best, keep it simple, with 20 people in it it's a logistical challenge as is...

randomize for GK(already done), reverse list for DEF, new randomize for MID, reverse list for FWD

Simples

• Advertisement

I'd have to agree. Based on the game still going ahead with 6 player each a randomization after every two picks would be best with mid1 and Forward being a pair so it would go:

GK + Def1, Mid1 + FW, Def2 + Mid2 (unless its going to cause confusion, but it's simple really)

Playing with four this obviously isn't an issue however. I still think the extra players will make it more interesting personally though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

GK + Def1, Mid1 + FW, Def2 + Mid2 (unless its going to cause confusion, but it's simple really)

This does make sense.

Going with 6 players is much better in my opinion and not to much of an admin overhead as I will be automating the scoring based on a feed from FPl (look at me all clever and that).

Any strong objections to changing the order and doing it this way?
    GK + Def1, Randomise, Mid1 + FW, Randomise, Def2 + Mid2

This does make sense.

Going with 6 players is much better in my opinion and not to much of an admin overhead as I will be automating the scoring based on a feed from FPl (look at me all clever and that).

Any strong objections to changing the order and doing it this way?
    GK + Def1, Randomise, Mid1 + FW, Randomise, Def2 + Mid2

No objections, lets go with it!

This draught could take a while! A few hours in now and not even half way through the GK selection :D I'm heading out for the evening but will check in periodically to see if i'm up but apologies in advance for any delay folks!

This draught could take a while! A few hours in now and not even half way through the GK selection :D I'm heading out for the evening but will check in periodically to see if i'm up but apologies in advance for any delay folks!

In theory its possible to do 2 positions at once. Might make it quicker, but will also probably make it more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This isn't gonna work if we're taking hours to go for our turn.

roryc wrote: »
    No sign of Slingerz... does show a bit of a flaw! I'm intrigued as to what rubbish keeper I'll be left with haha

His last post on FSA was 2 weeks ago (before signing up to this today)... You might get lucky and a first teamer keeper or two might get injured on Int Duty....

Edit: Moved to chat thread

PARlance wrote: »
    His last post on FSA was 2 weeks ago (before signing up to this today)... You might get lucky and a first teamer keeper or two might get injured on Int Duty....

Edit: Moved to chat thread

Replace replace replace!!! We need FPL losers that will be lurking in the doldrums waiting for their chance to pick

I have dropped him a pm. If no post by the morning we will need to move on without him. We have 10 days to complete the draft so no panic yet.

RORY!!!

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    RORY!!!

He's too busy trying to arrange his team into 5-4-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Apologies I'm an hour ahead of you guys...

I'm at a conference all day today so for my defender of choice would be Terry. If he's gone Baines, then Zabaleta... I'm 5th to choose so hopefully I get one of them! I think everyone should have an hour to act then it skips by them. Otherwise we'll be held up for too long making the picks.

Spacecowb0y you're up

Spacecowb0y you're up

Done! Pm sent to Manual Man

Perfect, once he has done it I can finally have a go!!!

Perfect, once he has done it I can finally have a go!!!

Haha it's slim pickings for keepers! It was a coin toss between Adrián and Green for me :rolleyes:

Haha it's slim pickings for keepers! It was a coin toss between Adrián and Green for me :rolleyes:

Think of all those save points!

Think of all those save points!

That's about all I can hope for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

C'mon lads. Lets make an effort to get through this as quickly as possible today. We all know the order, some people may be in bed or have more pressing concerns but we can't be carrying this on for three or four days.:)

• Advertisement

C'mon lads. Lets make an effort to get through this as quickly as possible today. We all know the order, some people may be in bed or have more pressing concerns but we can't be carrying this on for three or four days.:)

Yeah I'm slightly worried as I'm away for the weekend for Fri, Sat, and Sun. Will have access to internet, but might be a bit limited. I don't want to hold the show up!

Advertisement