Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Grand job, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 k520

Iv booked Deanshall for next year and have paid the money like, so too late to change.. gettin v worried cause all im hearin is negative stories even though some people say it's grand.. anyone have any positive feedback!?? expieriences in general!??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kay!wilde

k520 wrote: »
    Iv booked Deanshall for next year and have paid the money like, so too late to change.. gettin v worried cause all im hearin is negative stories even though some people say it's grand.. anyone have any positive feedback!?? expieriences in general!??:confused:

i just moved into deanshall [crosse's green] today and it is FABULOUS
    really love it, the room has SO MUCH storage space [like more than my bedroom at home...] it has pretty much everything, it's pretty, and not far from town. i really love it. i'm the only one in my apartment at the moment, so i cant tell you what anyone else thinks just yet, but i really cant see anyone complaining about this
    the only complaints i heard here on boards was about the washing being expensive [they've brought it down to €5 for wash and dry], and the slow internet, which they've since fixed! no complaints so far!!

hey! give us a shout when you move in =] i'm sure you'll love it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kay!wilde

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    No, you'd be hard pushed to find student accommodation that has wi-fi.

deanshall has wifi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Anyone moved into the village yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Somebody please tell me Vic Lodge has wifi? I forgot to ask Greg yesterday when I checked in! Rooms are very small in Vic Lodge!! Not what I expected at alll!Hmm I suppose Ive a week left of my own bed before I move down fully!

If it doesn't you can get a mobile broadband dongle and just stick it in your laptop or netbook (had a laptop before but a netbook is the way to go tbh) O2 have a student mobile broadband special, €10 per month, 10gb download allowance http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Student+Broadband

By the way, it's only €10 per month for the 1st year then they jack up the price to €20 per month. But you're not tied into more than a 1 year contract in any case - and everyone else charges the same bloody price, cosy little cartel. Except 3.ie, you can get it from them for €15 a month but that's only 1gb.........not so good (except for very light surfing etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

marti8 wrote: »
    If it doesn't you can get a mobile broadband dongle and just stick it in your laptop or netbook (had a laptop before but a netbook is the way to go tbh) O2 have a student mobile broadband special, €10 per month, 10gb download allowance http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Student+Broadband

There's €10 per month that you could have paid back to the banks Marti8 ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056021851

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Mr Velo wrote: »
    There's €10 per month that you could have paid back to the banks Marti8 ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056021851

Lol, nah, mobile broadband is a necessity :D Did you read that thread? T'was locked in the end....spoil sports. I thought it went pretty well, lol. Ok, so I did get a 2 week ban from the banking forum but what can ya expect from a mod who's anything but impartial? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

which is the nearest bus station to Victoria Lodge/Victoria Cross and how do you get there from the main bus station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pharmluke

What are people's views of North Quay Place Apartments on Pope's Quay??? Haven't heard much about them. I've actually booked it, knowing it's afar from UCC, but nonetheless as long as the apartments are fine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

which is the nearest bus station to Victoria Lodge/Victoria Cross and how do you get there from the main bus station?

There is a bus stop the town side of the traffic lights up by Victoria Lodge. The number 8 will bring you there, you can catch that on Merchants Quay or on Patrick St.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

I am about to move into one of the Orchard Gardens (Dennehy's Cross postgrad) Apartments. I realise it is a bit late in the day, however in case I'm on the ground floor does anyone know if these apartments were impacted by the floods of 2009/2010?

I know the Dennehy's Cross area was flooded but I am wondering about the actual apartments.

Please advise if you can!

All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pharmluke

Anyone know anything about North Quay Place apartments on Pope's Quay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Divisadero wrote: »
    I am about to move into one of the Orchard Gardens (Dennehy's Cross postgrad) Apartments. I realise it is a bit late in the day, however in case I'm on the ground floor does anyone know if these apartments were impacted by the floods of 2009/2010?

I know the Dennehy's Cross area was flooded but I am wondering about the actual apartments.

All the best

To be honest, The floods shouldn't happen again, There were quite a few factors which played a big part in the floods in 09, and chances are this won't happen again. Now It could but It would be very unlucky and I really wouldn't be picking student accommodation on whether the place will flood again.

I can't answer your original question anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Thanks. The situation has been resolved, so there is no need for any further postings on this.

Many thanks to those of you who replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

There is a bus stop right in front of Victoria Lodge and one right in front of Farranlea Hall. You get the number 1 or number 8 bus more likely the number 8. You can get the number 8 either at the bus station or get it just outside merchants quay/debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Divisadero wrote: »

All the best

I stayed there last year. Lovely apartments, very convenient to UCC and its other buildings like the western gateway building and the brookfield health and science building. Tesco is right underneath the apartments which is great. The flooding did reach the underground car park and just barely got to the main entrance doors of the ground floors. They didn't get too badly affected. You shouldn't feel too worried about that sort of thing. The apartments are kinda up a hill of ground so don't think that area would get badly affected by future flooding if that were to occur again. Don't let that sort of thing put you off. There are other more important factors that should be taken into account when deciding on accommodation. Orchard gardens are your best bet I think. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 honeydrophoney

Hey there,

I am a postgrad in UCC and me and my mate are looking for a 3rd person to share a house with. We are 2 professional girls 20's working in the city, i work part-time due to my postgrad, but she is full time. We are hoping to get the house in the next 2/3 weeks so would be looking for someone around the same time. We are both good fun, easy going but also very tidy. The house will be a 3/4 bedroom and we all will have double rooms. The house will be nice as we have fussy enough taste lol.... if you are intrested drop me a text for and i can ring ya back for a chat! Thanks

email: honeydrophoney@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Hey guys

If anyone is in The Spires, or was in last year, can I ask ya a few questions about the place via PM ?

Cheers!

Max :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Max001 wrote: »
    Hey guys

If anyone is in The Spires, or was in last year, can I ask ya a few questions about the place via PM ?

Cheers!

Max :)

I've been there for about a week if that's any help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Would most places be booked out now. I drive from Mallow everyday but I would love to stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Nah I doubt it.. I saw a sign on VicMills saying places available!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

If you're in Eden Hall this year or were there last year, be very grateful if you'd PM me. Startin a PG Dip later this month. Have a few questions about the place. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

One of the guys in my house moved out and there is another room spare too. House is in Magazine road direction so only 3 minute walk to college. If anyone is interested to move in PM me and i will send you more details

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Just wondering if anyone knows of any rooms that could be rented for 1 or 2 weeks? Living in Glanmire, but if the roads are going to be bad all week again, wouldn't mind being able to stay close to the college this week for definite. We have exams in January because we're on work placement for the second semester, so all our lecturers are going to be giving exam tips this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 amadan1993

has anybody heard of a place called 'Carraigbarre'?
    if so please divulge some information, or if it has been previously mentioned ill look for it through the pages, however i am not thrawling through pages for nothing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

which is better for craic, digs or complexes? and if so which dig or which complex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Heeeeeeeeeeey! So yeah possible first year here but I don't wanna go into the On Campus 'cos it's such a rip off (Like SERRRRRRRIOUS, it's a recession- take a leaf out of UL's book!) so yeah does anyone know any off campus complexes which won't cost me my foot and arm? I assume I'll need them for college work.. Sooooooound!

Edit: Actually Victoria Station looks pretty good. Does anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Hi, im going into computer science next year, and i was wondering if i should be getting accomodation near WGB or does it really matter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hi, im going into computer science next year, and i was wondering if i should be getting accomodation near WGB or does it really matter?

All of the student accom is max 10 minute walk from WGB so go anywhere. I'm in Vic Lodge atm. Rooms are nice and so are the apartments. Just if you are booking here, be warned...the fire bridgade HATE us :p

Advertisement