Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Woods & Hellfire - Boardsies Social Run Sunday 26th July

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

annapr wrote: »
    what, you changed it to Bray to Greystones??? really bummed i'm missing it now... Unlike aquinn, i didn't read the whole thread, is it still this sunday? (26th)

Sorry Anna:(, yeah same date different trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

annapr wrote: »
    what, you changed it to Bray to Greystones??? really bummed i'm missing it now... Unlike aquinn, i didn't read the whole thread, is it still this sunday? (26th)

It's going to be SO GREAT ANNA. Such a shame you won't be there.

This must be the only thread I'm actually up-to-date on. Only 8 pages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

aquinn wrote: »
    It's going to be SO GREAT ANNA. Such a shame you won't be there.

This must be the only thread I'm actually up-to-date on. Only 8 pages :)

Not even up to date on your own??? :)

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Not even up to date on your own??? :)

Go away you! Will get to it. V busy here. Pg 81/137 on Novices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Go away you! Will get to it. V busy here. Pg 81/137 on Novices.

I'll bring you up to date, they're all running their easy runs to fast and DG is pulling her hair out at the roots :D:D same as last year really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Firedance wrote: »
    I'll bring you up to date, they're all running their easy runs to fast and DG is pulling her hair out at the roots :D:D same as last year really...

And some of them still wear headphones although numbers have decreased so I think DG might be winning that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Ok I'm on for greystones - bray.

Never done it before though, is it on a cliff edge path? I'm afraid of heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

tattycoram wrote: »

Hi tattycoram, at no point is the cliff path open to a drop so you should be grand. There are sheer drops but there is secure fencing at all points. I haven't got a great head for sheer drops myself but have never felt nervous along this stretch. Hope that helps!

Have been told twice this morning the weather is to be shocking on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Once you do the cliff path , you'll wonder why you never did it before. Its a regular training run for me, and its never boring. I've run it in all conditions, including at night with headtorch.

• Advertisement

Don't worry - it'll be a new route/experience for most of us. I'll PM you my number so we can all find eachother on Sunday.

Have been told twice this morning the weather is to be shocking on Sunday.

Looks pretty grim alright :( What a waste of a wax....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Once you do the cliff path , you'll wonder why you never did it before. Its a regular training run for me, and its never boring. I've run it in all conditions, including at night with headtorch.

:eek: You must have a searchlight or something? I've hit the deck there a couple of time in broad daylight!

I grew up just down the road and it's my absolute favourite place to run. Wish I could join you all - I'll have to make do with the New Forest instead.

Clearlier wrote: »
    :eek: You must have a searchlight or something? I've hit the deck there a couple of time in broad daylight!

headtorch :http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FYVF62C?keywords=led%20lenser%20r7%20head%20torch&qid=1437746303&ref_=sr_1_fkmr1_2&sr=8-2-fkmr1

I won't tell you that during one of my night runs I came across a guy walking along the path dressed in black with face covered by his coat and no light.

I ran a bit faster.

headtorch :http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FYVF62C?keywords=led%20lenser%20r7%20head%20torch&qid=1437746303&ref_=sr_1_fkmr1_2&sr=8-2-fkmr1

I won't tell you that during one of my night runs I came across a guy walking along the path dressed in black with face covered by his coat and no light.

I ran a bit faster.

You spent how much?

I got mine on groupon for a lot less.

You spent how much?

I got mine on groupon for a lot less.

Dont want to take the thread off on a tangent, but thats about the price for the H7.2 R model the new edition.

Does everyone know the start point for the walk/run?*

*or do I have to take some initiative here seeing as I am responsible for the venue change :rolleyes:

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Does everyone know the start point for the walk/run?*

*or do I have to take some initiative here seeing as I am responsible for the venue change :rolleyes:

I think we sussed it out on google maps the other day, is it the marina in greystones? about 10 min walk from dart station?

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hi tattycoram, at no point is the cliff path open to a drop so you should be grand. There are sheer drops but there is secure fencing at all points. I haven't got a great head for sheer drops myself but have never felt nervous along this stretch. Hope that helps!

Perfect thanks!

Ok, so confirmed for tomorrow Greystones to Bray trail run we have:

Dubgal
    Firedance
    Aquinn
    Bungy Girl
    Tattycoram

Plan is to get the 10:08 DART from Bray to Greystones then walk/jog to the start of the trail for a 10:30 start.

If anyone else wants to join us the more the merrier. We'll meet at Bray DART station around 10 a.m. (the good looking bunch wearing running gear and probably carbo-loading with baked goods ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Enjoy the run tomorrow, lovely place for it, wish I could join... but I will be on a plane to Greece (cue the violins :))

Sorry, looks like I can't make it there tomorrow. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah if I'd noticed the venue change earlier I'd have come. Damn...ye shoulda changed thread title :pac:

Ah if I'd noticed the venue change earlier I'd have come. Damn...ye shoulda changed thread title :pac:

Sorry! :o I had thought of that a few days ago then promptly forgot about it again. Apologies, it would have been nice to meet you. Wasn't the best day for views, but we did have an enjoyable run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pics?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Pics?

Unfortunately not Adrian. Visibility was pretty poor and it was spitting down so didn't even bring the phone with. Can imagine it would be a spectacular run on a clear day. We'll do it again !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not even pics of everyones runners post run? How easy traditions are discarded these days.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not even pics of everyones runners post run? How easy traditions are discarded these days.

We forgot :)

Advertisement