Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

greenman09 wrote: »
    Must be my finger action then ;)

Lets just say I've been to enough teenage discos in my younger days to not need automatic weapons

My trigger finger is tip-top :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm having great fun with the SMR

Puts people down really quickly if you've got a good trigger finger

Its impossible for me to shoot that fast,if you check me medical records, you'll see I have a crippling arthritis in me index fingers.
    Groundskeeperwillie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

any news on them fixing the lag comp?

Every patch they'll say "improvements to matchmaking", but whether they actually do anything is another story. Same for the past 3 games at least. Pretty much your lag now will be your lag for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

irishsid wrote: »
    Every patch they'll say "improvements to matchmaking", but whether they actually do anything is another story. Same for the past 3 games at least. Pretty much your lag now will be your lag for the year.

Very sad. It ruins the game. Got pissed on in the early COD's because bad internet, getting pissed on in the latter COD's because good internet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Does coming in the top 3 in a free for all give you a win?

I remember hearing that before and I tested it in another Cod but it didnt, but I was going through my combat record and apparently I have 34 wins in free for alls which I really dont think I do, can only remember winning a handful.

I would test it but I hate free for all in Blops 2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Gamespot user rating is 6.3????

I think its the best cod yet!!! Yes there are some problems but they will be patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

TheStook wrote: »
    Does coming in the top 3 in a free for all give you a win?

I remember hearing that before and I tested it in another Cod but it didnt, but I was going through my combat record and apparently I have 34 wins in free for alls which I really dont think I do, can only remember winning a handful.

I would test it but I hate free for all in Blops 2 now

I came 2nd earlier and it said Victory at the end. Really odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Anyone see this page yet? Live stats of the game https://elite.callofduty.com/ops2/globalstats

When I'm looking at it, its nearly 1 million shots a second being fired :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Anyone see this page yet? Live stats of the game https://elite.callofduty.com/ops2/globalstats

Do they say how many are actually hitting what the person fired at? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

12,700 years worth of playing time put in already, and counting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Cossax wrote: »
    Do they say how many are actually hitting what the person fired at? :pac:

Probably not because they were fired a second after they had already died, they just didn't know it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Is it possible to play a sticks and stones Bot game ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

whats the point in prestige of weapons, i did my type 25, pointless though as i lost all my attatchments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

whats the point in prestige of weapons, i did my type 25, pointless though as i lost all my attatchments

After first prestige you can engrave your clan name into the gun, after second prestige (the max) you can have your emblem on it.

ah cheers for that, i was tempted to do it for a while, they seem to level up quite quick anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i've just unlocked the Gold Camo, for my MP7.

Can anyone tell me if i prestige the MP7, or prestige when i reach level 55, will the camo's also be re-locked like the attachments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Any word on a patch? I think I've rage quit in this game in a week more than I have in all other Cod's combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

johndoe99 wrote: »

Can anyone tell me if i prestige the MP7, or prestige when i reach level 55, will the camo's also be re-locked like the attachments.

I believe if you prestige the weapon you will lose all attachments and camo, if you reach rank 55 and prestige you will keep all attachments and camo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

When you prestige the weapon you don't lose any camo just the attachments. I'm not sure what happens when you prestige yourself though, as far I know you keep all camos but the weapon will be locked until you rank high enough to unlock it again.

Just unlocked the gold camo on the MP7 tonight too and I've prestiged it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was going to start a thread for this but probably not a need.

OK so this is my situation, my xbox broke just before the game came out. Used to be a big COD fan playing the crap out of pretty much all of them from 4 until last year when I stopped playing MW3 quite early. This is the first game that I haven't got on release since 4 and have started getting the itch again. Is it worth it? I could do a lot of reading through the forum and I know it's still early days but just want to get a few broad general thoughts on the multiplayer before I go and buy it because I'm getting Halo 4 with my new xbox and might just stick with that for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Best off renting it or getting a lend for a dew days. I really like it but theres alot that dont, you might like it.... you might not

When you prestige you keep everything on the MP7. You never lose the camo.

When you prestige the weapon, you just lose attachments.

I've prestiged my sexy golden R870 shotgun twice now so i can have my emblem and clan tag on it. Also you get 10,000 XP worth of challenges and 2 calling cards along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Chavways wrote: »
    Any word on a patch? I think I've rage quit in this game in a week more than I have in all other Cod's combined.
    What exactly do you what them to patch? The lag? I can't see it getting any better.....treyarch games have horrendous coding.

IW - put danger close, commando, dead mans hand in the game.

Treyarch - lag

Take your pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What exactly do you what them to patch? The lag? I can't see it getting any better.....treyarch games have horrendous coding.

Treyarch - lag

Take your pick.

I said it in the other thread already but if it wasnt for the lag this would be the best COD in years, but its so infuriating losing every other gunfight that you wind up rushing and getting even more frustrated, I went 1-12 on a match the other night, got killed three times within about 30 seconds, including spawning into a guys line of sight.

krudler wrote: »

I said it in the other thread already but if it wasnt for the lag this would be the best COD in years, but its so infuriating losing every other gunfight that you wind up rushing and getting even more frustrated, I went 1-12 on a match the other night, got killed three times within about 30 seconds, including spawning into a guys line of sight.

Lol that happened me on Yemen last night. I spawned, saw a guy right in front of me, I looked at him for a split second and said, no it HAS to be a teammate , killed straight away. I looked at the killcam and I spawned right in front of him. Instant rage quit.

Honestly I think it's one of the worst cods, considering it's their 9th attempt.

• Advertisement

Lol that happened me on Yemen last night. I spawned, saw a guy right in front of me, I looked at him for a split second and said, no it HAS to be an enemy. Killed straight away. I looked at the killcam and I spawned right in front of him. Instant rage quit.

Honestly I think it's one of the worst cods
    , considering it's their 9th attempt.

Coding for lag and spawns definitely, but when it works and you can get a decent game going its really enjoyable, why, why, whyyyy cant they just get it right? its either well coded and full of bullsh1t or has little bullsh1t and doesnt work properly, youd think with the amount of money the franchise generates they could invest in some proper servers so everyone is on a level playing field.

Has anyone been able to unlock the Diamond Camo yet:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Camouflage

Coding for lag and spawns definitely, but when it works and you can get a decent game going its really enjoyable, why, why, whyyyy cant they just get it right? its either well coded and full of bullsh1t or has little bullsh1t and doesnt work properly, youd think with the amount of money the franchise generates they could invest in some proper servers so everyone is on a level playing field.

In fairness treyarch have put plenty of bull**** in black ops 2 to go along with their terrible coding.

They'll never have dedicated servers, why would they? People keep buying yr after yr without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

In fairness treyarch have put plenty of bull**** in black ops 2 to go along with their terrible coding.

They'll never have dedicated servers, why would they? People keep buying yr after yr without them.

Would be nice if they did a similar option as BF3 with private dedicated servers. That would not even cost them anything apart from the coding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

No I'm working on it for the Snipers and LMGs

Will be a fair bit of work

• Advertisement

More fool us, COD is like the abusive husband of gaming, we keep going back to give him one more chance :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

The diamond camo, I have it for SMG's, much prefer the gold tbh.

More fool us, COD is like the abusive husband of gaming, we keep going back to give him one more chance :pac:

I can honestly say, this is the last hiding he'll give me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is the Platinum league the highest or does it go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

I really enjoyed BO1. Can't say I've played any CoD after that. From what I've seen, they just don't appeal to me in any way.

So many BETTER games out there.

The diamond camo, I have it for SMG's, much prefer the gold tbh.

they did a great job with the gold, looks stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Treyarch - lag

Take your pick.

I've never played a COD that has had such bad connection problems as this one. I don't see how it could be that difficult to alter the lag compensation back to the way it was in the old games. In WAW and MW2 if I had a 4 bar I knew I could rely on it and I would win most of the gunfights. In this, I have a 4 bar all the time but die from bullets I don't even see on my screen but in the killcam I've been sprayed.

If they could fix the connection problems and take out some headglitching spots this game would be a 9.5/10 in my opinion.

Nearly have it for the Launchers. Just have to finish getting the RPG gold.

It'll just be a distraction for me, I couldn't stop looking at a teammates diamond sniper when I died in SND. Looks deadly.

Nearly have it for the Launchers. Just have to finish getting the RPG gold.

It'll just be a distraction for me, I couldn't stop looking at a teammates diamond sniper when I died in SND. Looks deadly.

the diamond crossbow is cool too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Does Scavanger refill launcher ammo does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Does Scavanger refill launcher ammo does anyone know?

Yes but it works differently.

If you kill someone with the launcher you don't get a scav pack.
    If you knife/shoot them then you do get a pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Yes but it works differently.

If you kill someone with the launcher you don't get a scav pack.
    If you knife/shoot them then you do get a pack.

Cheers for that, think my anti UAV class will be running scavanger then so when I decide whether I should buy it or not as opposed to renting!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

This guy is a beast at Black ops 2!

wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just wasted 16 seconds of my life that ill never get back

this is crap dont watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

anyone else get turned on by that video?

I have to watch it now that someone said Don't watch it.

Im guessing its something stupid or spawn trapping demo

Haha I was a bit wrong.

Good song actually.

• Advertisement

I have to watch it now that someone said Don't watch it.

Im guessing its something stupid or spawn trapping demo
    Starts off with nuketown and then it's a stupid music video

Advertisement