Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

London Diamond League this weekend - Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.

Friday, 24th July, 19:00-20:00, BBC Three & 20:00-22:00, BBC Two
    Saturday, 25th July, 14:20-17:20, BBC Two

Of course, myself and Brianderunner have tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Enjoy it! I had planned to go until I realised that it clashed with my youngest's birthday party. :( Stopping twenty 5 year olds from killing each other on a bouncy castle will be just as much fun won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Clearlier wrote: »
    Enjoy it! I had planned to go until I realised that it clashed with my youngest's birthday party. :( Stopping twenty 5 year olds from killing each other on a bouncy castle will be just as much fun won't it?

Of course, especially if it rains and they all get soaked on it!!

Of course, especially if it rains and they all get soaked on it!!

Even worse - if it's forecast to rain the company won't deliver the bouncy castle :eek:. I've been keeping a closer eye on the forecast than I do coming up to a marathon. Currently scheduled to rain heavily here on Friday and Sunday but stay dry on Saturday - fingers crossed that it actually happens that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Looking forward to heading to this tonight. Shame about the rain mind!

Disappointed i can't make tomorrow, would have loved to have seen Rudisha even if he's not at his best

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

British Athletics saying on Twitter that the roof extends as far as lane 1 - hoping that the rain won't be too much of an issue for us this evening considering we're in row 6 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Athletics on TV This Week - Up to Saturday 29th August

TV schedules for the next 10 days, including IAAF World Championships, from Beijing, and listing/timetable for Irish athletes.

Haven't got RTE listings ....not sure what coverage, if any, they are giving Worlds.

Tonight - Thomas Barr to compete in the 400m Hurdles, at Weltklasse Diamond League event.

Barr has had an excellent season to date running a national record of 48.65 and winning the World University Games title. Barr will compete at 20:36 Irish time. There will be coverage on Eurosport, 7pm - 9pm

http://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/results-and-statistics/programme-2015/?tx_diamondrace_diamondleaguestatistics

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Anyone know if this is also covered on BBC Red Button?

Weltklasse is always one of the best meets, if not the best.

Looking forward to seeing how Barr gets on. It's quite an even but competitive line-up in the 400mH, with 6 of them around 48.5 - 49.0 this season.

Jager will be looking to bounce back in the Steeple, the 400 looks tasty with all of the big guns there, the High Jump is loaded as well.
    And I expect that Kiprop will be experimenting once again, finding new more difficult ways to win! :D

• Advertisement

WeltKlasse Men's 400m Video
    Hussein won in 49.16, Magi second in 49.37, & Barr came through with his usual strong finish, in 49.79.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Condo131 wrote: »
    WeltKlasse Men's 400m Video
    Hussein won in 47.16, Magi second in 49.37, & Barr cme through with his usual strong finish, in 47.79.

Would have thought Barr finished 2nd going by those times!

tang1 wrote: »
    Would have thought Barr finished 2nd going by those times!
    :o:o:o I goofed with the times, before editing - both 47's should have read 49.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

A bit of a disappointing meet really, surprised there was no Bolt or Gatlin. All the times were well down on Beijing, I wonder was it held to soon after worlds, would another week have made a difference? Kiprop was as impressive as ever, a mile back at the bell but first across the finish line. I always though Greg Rutherford was very luck to win Olympic Gold but he now holds the Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth titles and diamond league winner now, he has become a real big time performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Caprica wrote: »
    A bit of a disappointing meet really, surprised there was no Bolt or Gatlin. All the times were well down on Beijing, I wonder was it held to soon after worlds, would another week have made a difference? Kiprop was as impressive as ever, a mile back at the bell but first across the finish line. I always though Greg Rutherford was very luck to win Olympic Gold but he now holds the Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth titles and diamond league winner now, he has become a real big time performer.

Yeh it was ok at best last night. 4 days after the championships is too soon especially given the flight back, time difference, jet lag etc. Also arriving into 15 degrees after being in over 30 for a few weeks is a shock to the body. I'm still not fully recovered from all of the above so I can't envisage what it's like for athletes having to compete.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Yeh it was ok at best last night. 4 days after the championships is too soon especially given the flight back, time difference, jet lag etc. Also arriving into 15 degrees after being in over 30 for a few weeks is a shock to the body. I'm still not fully recovered from all of the above so I can't envisage what it's like for athletes having to compete.

Did I imagine it or was there discussion about the Beijing track being a bit harder and therefore fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Clearlier wrote: »
    Did I imagine it or was there discussion about the Beijing track being a bit harder and therefore fast?

That track was definitely very fast.

Athletics on TV This week - page on Cork Athletics website updated

Live athletics this week:
    Friday - Van Damme Memorial, Brussels - Last in this year's Diamond League series
    Saturday - Great North City Games, Newcastle/Gateshead
    Sunday - Great North Run, Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

terrible women's field in the GNR today race , maybe the blew their budget on Mo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

• Advertisement

Mageean ran 1500 m looked like about 4.07 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

youngrun wrote: »
    Mageean ran 1500 m looked like about 4.07 ?

Was thinking 4.06 high or close to myself

Laura Crowe with a 2.04.68 earlier for 5th

Was thinking 4.06 high or close to myself

Laura Crowe with a 2.04.68 earlier for 5th

http://www.rietimeeting.com/html/index.html
    A pb for Ciara Mageean very close to Rio std too 4.06.49

shels4ever wrote: »
    terrible women's field in the GNR today race , maybe the blew their budget on Mo

A lot pulled out over weekend for various reasons jeptoo burka etc

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Anyone know if Berlin is being shown on TV? Can't see a listing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know if Berlin is being shown on TV? Can't see a listing for it.
    Not necessarily TV, but you should be able to pick it up from the official stream here. Commentary will be in German only. The official site also suggests that you should be able to watch it live on Eurosport, though I can't see it in the listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Not necessarily TV, but you should be able to pick it up from the official stream here. Commentary will be in German only. The official site also suggests that you should be able to watch it live on Eurosport.

Thanks KC, saw the official page yesterday then saw it was posted in 2010! :(. Will stream it off t'internet - need to brush up on my German anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks KC, saw the official page yesterday then saw it was posted in 2010! :(. Will stream it off t'internet - need to brush up on my German anyway
    Hmmm... Good spot!

Should be available here. Also should be available on Universal Sports, but that's a pay service I believe (and a flaky one at that).

Hmmm... Good spot!

Should be available here. Also should be available on Universal Sports, but that's a pay service I believe (and a flaky one at that).
    Yeah not on UK eurosport schedule hopefully watchathletics will have link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Advertisement