Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greyhound waste

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

L1011 wrote: »
    It's not. Your unused half of 2016 will become account credit

Fair enough, the e-mail does mention that, so post deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Has everyone got the email from Greyhound? so far nothing received, I'm in Tallaght on the €17 a month plan, but I assume the service charge and weight charges will be the same for everyone.

nava wrote: »
    Has everyone got the email from Greyhound? so far nothing received, I'm in Tallaght on the €17 a month plan, but I assume the service charge and weight charges will be the same for everyone.

It appears the emails are being sent out in batches, my next door neighbour got his over a week ago. Basically the annual service charge becomes €3.25 per week. Black bin will be 35 cent per kilo, Brown bin 23 cent per kilo. Green bin free - which they're making a song and dance about. So €169 service charge for a year if you put out no bins at all - and if you do then 'pay by weight' is on top of it. It also looks like switching to the other favourite provider won't make much difference either. You can estimate the cost of your bin lifts, by weighing them on a bathroom scales.

To give some idea of cost, my black bin lifts in 2015 varied from between €9 and €19 each. Just a rip-off going forward AFAICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

It appears the emails are being sent out in batches, my next door neighbour got his over a week ago. Basically the annual service charge becomes €3.25 per week. Black bin will 35 cent per kilo, Brown bin 23 cent per kilo. Green bin free - which they're making a song and dance about. So €169 service charge for a year if you put out no bins at all - and if you do then 'pay by weight' is on top of it. It also looks like switching to the other favourite provider won't make much difference either. You can estimate the cost of your bin lifts, by weighing them on a bathroom scales.

To give some idea of cost, my black bin lifts varied from between €9 and €19 each. Just a rip-off going forward AFAICS.

Before you go down that road of wrecking your head weighing the bin and questioning it with your provider just be advised that the weighing system on the trucks are certified.

guil wrote: »
    Before you go down that road of wrecking your head weighing the bin and questioning it with your provider just be advised that the weighing system on the trucks are certified.

There's nothing head wrecking about slipping a bathroom scales under a bin, certification for anything just proves it was accurate on the date of testing. It's to do with estimating how much your lifts will cost, and indeed the two weighings will in all probability tally.

• Advertisement

Any official news by Greyhound that they are dropping their ridiculous hike in the service charge yet ? Up from €69.95 to €169 if you pay their weekly charge of €3.25 as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the new Recycling & Domestic Waste Disposal forum

dudara

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Any official news by Greyhound that they are dropping their ridiculous hike in the service charge yet ? Up from €69.95 to €169 if you pay their weekly charge of €3.25 as requested.

A few posts on facebook yesterday asking the same their reply was
    More information will be available within 48 hours. We have communicated with all customers in relation to new plans and some have made new selections etc so when everything is clarified we will let customers know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

They certainly have not communicated with all customers. Still zilch received here regarding any new pricing and I know many others in the same boat. They really are so poor at customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

My plan was €199 for the year - unlimited weight. I didn't pay so far this year for it but they still send the e-mails.

I wonder if I top up by €200 now will I get the 10% bonus. You just don't know with this crowd.

• Advertisement

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Greyhound will make sure that they have everybody on a nice juicy annual administration charge or whatever they like to call it just in case you hardly put your bins out to try and save and they don't weigh much.

- My correct prediction from March 2015 - SF and AAA should have been on the ball alot earlier.

The current 2016 greyhound plans with options, there may be other plans too. These are marked WAV meaning waver, where exactly that is reflected in the prices escapes me.

Dear Customer,
    We would like to advise you that your current 12 month waste collection service will expire on the 1st January 2016. Over the last number of years our customers have told us about pressure that occurs at this time of the year. With this in mind we are proposing to switch you away from paying an annual charge upfront to a monthly charge, see details below for Plan 1.

389761.png
    We also have two other plans available if the above does not suit you. If you wish to switch to either Plan 2 or 3 below please contact us etc.....

389762.png

This is their proposed plan from July 1st. The innocuous sounding €3.25 per week works out at €169 per annum, up from €69.95 in my case.

389764.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just called them.
    If you're an existing customer on a flat rate you need to call them to remain on the same plan, otherwise you will switch to pbw.

New customers can go pbw or fixed at 23.50.

Remember if a customer, you must call them.
    The 10% bonus applies to a 50€ top up.

I just called them.
    If you're an existing customer on a flat rate you need to call them to remain on the same plan, otherwise you will switch to pbw.

New customers can go pbw or fixed at 23.50.

Remember if a customer, you must call them.
    The 10% bonus applies to a 50€ top up.

I won't be calling them at all. I am already on PBW as I outlined above and had no problem with it until they jumped the service charge by almost €100. If they deduct €3.25 weekly after 1 July, that's it, I'm off to another provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The current 2016 greyhound plans with options, there may be other plans too. These are marked WAV meaning waver, where exactly that is reflected in the prices escapes me.

389761.png

389762.png

This is their proposed plan from July 1st. The innocuous sounding €3.25 per week works out at €169 per annum, up from €69.95 in my case.

389764.png

Jebus Christ, with all this new crap they will make it impossible for customers to know what they are being charged for and more importantly how much they will have to pay! They are supposed to keep the same options as before but obviously have stuck two fingers up Minister Coveney on this!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Jebus Christ, with all this new crap they will make it impossible for customers to know what they are being charged for and more importantly how much they will have to pay! They are supposed to keep the same options as before but obviously have stuck two fingers up Minister Coveney on this!

As a customer, I am waiting for an announcement on their website or an e-mail from them outlining their response to Minister Coveney, particularly do they intend honouring the freeze for a year and just exactly HOW ?

They need to inform their customers what they intend to do in light of the Ministers request.

For some reason they refused to put up the pay by weight charges on website. I'd expect they will go back to secrecy and different people paying different prices.

When people finally get e-mails they need to come on here and say how the great one year freeze is working out Greyhound style.

People need to understand the kind of company Greyhound are and how they operate.

I was listening to Liveline earlier and the Greyhound issue was being discussed. It is probably worth listening to a playback of it on the RTE player, suffice it to say there were many confused and dissatisfied customers contacting Joe. Basically Greyhound still want customers to contact them if they want to stay on their existing plan for the next year. They will not be contacting customers automatically and the 1 July date has been pushed out to 1 August to give them and customers more time.

Anyway many people have now received emails from them and this is the one I received. Last January I paid them a €69.95 service charge (Plan 2 above - post 76) for the full year - note that they are looking for another €69.95 from August 1. Are they for real ??? - I paid for the year in January. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

Dear Customer,

We recently communicated a change to your account in relation to paying by weight. This change is no longer mandatory and Greyhound Household will now implement a price freeze until July 2017.

As a result of the change in legislation we now need to clarify which price plan you wish to choose for the next twelve months, i.e. Pay by Weight or your current price plan.

If you are choosing to stay on your existing price plan for 12 months from the 1st August 2016 please ensure you have €69.95 in your account by the 1st August.

To facilitate giving an extra months notice to customers, we are going to extend your current service plan to the 31st July 2016. Please ensure your account has sufficient credit in order for your bins to be collected.

Our revised terms and conditions can be found at www.greyhound.ie

We apologise for the confusion that the implementation of Pay by Weight has caused. Thank you for your continued custom and we look forward to servicing you at your chosen plan for the next 12 months and beyond.

Best wishes,
    The Greyhound Household Team

Thank you for your continued custom & valued support

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotham Knight

I was listening to Liveline earlier and the Greyhound issue was being discussed. It is probably worth listening to a playback of it on the RTE player, suffice it to say there were many confused and dissatisfied customers contacting Joe. Basically Greyhound still want customers to contact them if they want to stay on their existing plan for the next year. They will not be contacting customers automatically and the 1 July date has been pushed out to 1 August to give them and customers more time.

Anyway many people have now received emails from them and this is the one I received. Last January I paid them a €69.95 service charge (Plan 2 above - post 76) for the full year - note that they are looking for another €69.95 from August 1. Are they for real ??? - I paid for the year in January. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

These guys are taking the p*ss!!

I have paid their service charge of €69.95 to cover me up to 30 September, so the most I should have to pay to cover me up to 30 June 2017 is €52.46.

No email yet but I expect the usual cr*p from them.

And why on earth do we have to put up with a service where the provider will not put the terms up on their website. How dodgy is that? And I notice if you are looking for a service quote they want to know your age, how often you'll leave out your bin and how many people live in your house. How does this affect the quote you receive?

This entire affair has been handled appallingly by all parties. Waste removal should not be a service from which private companies can earn profits. Our Government is treating us like a bunch of muppets.

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

This entire affair has been handled appallingly by all parties. Waste removal should not be a service from which private companies can earn profits. Our Government is treating us like a bunch of muppets.

:mad:

Just to be clear, it was one of the Fianna Fail governments that made the decisions to private this service, and took almost all the power away from elected councillours, giving it to the County Manager instead, so the poor ickle Councillors don't have to take any blame/responsibility.

• Advertisement

Basically Greyhound are bringing forward by 6 months it's revenue stream. I don't want to get banned but to say I am angry is putting it mildly.

Reckon Thornton's will do well out off this. Think I'll go watch a Cowboy Movie -yes cowboy movie now.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/coveney-criticises-greyhound-over-bin-charge-policy-1.2704059

“By the end of December, all companies will have to offer their clients an opt-in option for pay-by-weight if that’s what their customers choose, and there’ll also be dual billing after January 1st to actually show how people can make financial gains by switching over to pay-by-weight and managing their weight more effectively.

“So I am surprised Greyhound are effectively asking people to opt out of that switch over. That is not what was agreed and we’ll be speaking to Greyhound in relation to that.”

Despite everybody saying how this will be more expensive -people on liveline etc. Coveney is still not accepting this fact reading above comments from article. He is going to speak with Greyhound -so do we all hold off again and wait for another e-mail?

As an Irish Person can I apologise to any foreign people living in this country for this nonsense. I'm embarrassed at how bad we are as a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Economics101

Why am I being charged over €35 per month for Family Plus, when the price quoted on their website is €28.50 (after 6 months)?

Advertisement