Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

payin child support has me broke never have any bob left over fuk sake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Our thoughts and prayers are with Dublin star Jonny Cooper who is recovering after being hospitalised in a viscous knife attack last night. We will not be commenting further or answering questions but will keep you updated on the situation.

Is that a knife for stirring custard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

They must really want wedges!

Person 1: Waitin oh waitin for some wedges — feeling hungry (plus emoticon).

Comments:

Person 1: They aren't ready yet lol the lady at spar will text when they are ready

Person 2: No way really

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Google explained what the Facebook carrot yoke is all about: http://dailytwocents.com/facebooks-latest-game-rolling-garden-pretending-vegetable/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

My gfs mother posted that carrot thing and I immediately said that she'd get some stupid message saying 'ha ha ha you lose'. Two seconds later.......

Thankfully she's not an idiot and didn't repost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Posted yesterday:

"If the chinese in waun dont answer they phone ill stretch they arms wider than theyre eyes im ****in starvig!!!!"

replied to with: "they closed on a sunday .."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

A couple i know where out together for a few drinks last night - just the two of them and decided to check in

XXXX enjoying some drinks with YYYY @ insert generic pub name here

(Then in the comments)

- "XXXX" I love you so much baby xxxx

- "YYYY" Love you too baby, cant wait to spend the rest of our lives together xxx

- "XXXX" I know baby, we are going to have an amazing life together, I am so excited for our family and our future xxxx

- "YYYY" Stop now I am going to cry I love you so much xxx

- "XXXX" Awh baby, mwah xxxx

The conversation continued in this general vein for a good nine or ten remarks. I could just imagine them sitting opposite one another in the pub, not talking, just on their phones interacting with one another via facebook

Needless to say I would love to block this but one of them is actually quite a good friend of mine (The other half has been blocked months ago for various episodes of posting absolute crap)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Outstanding. A pal of mine mocked that up to see how many fkwits would share...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Outstanding. A pal of mine mocked that up to see how many fkwits would share...

A great job he did too, not making the picture too obviously bad, the grammar and spelling not too terrible. It's plausible that someone could really make it, exactly the kind of crap this particular friend of mine shares all the time.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I felt like an oldman down oriadas last night. Honest to God it was disheartening To see aload of 16 and 17 yearolds running around the place like a kids disco,no women just little teenage girls for f*ck sake.in future il be taking nights out to my mothers hometurf into cork city, proper nightclubs proper women. disgrace of a town is not the word,my mother always regrets leaving the Northside of the city to come live hear,AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING! hate this place.

Proper nightclubs, proper women :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

As opposed to improper nightclubs and improper women?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

He is obviously down in Macroom. Rural nightclubs and towns are different to the city. I see his point, but there are young girls around the city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

This always bugs me, but I'm seeing a few people post an article called "Sickening rise of male university students who treat women like meat"... by the Daily Mail. All outraged posts from people who have clearly not seen the irony from the sidebar, these being the highlights (though these are extremely tame by Mail standards):

http://i.gyazo.com/92c2d7eac4b6886506a879a7870df332.png
    http://i.gyazo.com/d38322f85853889ba81c95f4806858b4.png

At least try and look like you bothered giving a fuck by getting a less hypocritical source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

eternal wrote: »
    He is obviously down in Macroom. Rural nightclubs and towns are different to the city. I see his point, but there are young girls around the city too.

He's probably in the Savoy looking for a woman! :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Oh dear god.

....JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh dear god.

....JPG

Please post this in the replies.please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's all going down here! Blue has a point, 3 of yellows kids were taken off her

http://tinypic.com/r/2r5ruv6/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/24c8bkg/8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

ivytwine wrote: »
    He's probably in the Savoy looking for a woman! :D
    I don't go to The Savoy so your smiley is lost on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

eternal wrote: »
    I don't go to The Savoy so your smiley is lost on me.

It's full of thirteen year olds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Got excepted for my Masters.....winning at life!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Got excepted for my Masters.....winning at life!!!

I wouldn't give them too much stick for that (unless it's an English masters). I know dyslexic people who have an awful time with semi-homophones like that, same with effect/affect, and I (not dyslexic) still have problems with which version of discreet/discrete to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

As you may already know, it is a sin for a Muslim male to see any woman other than his wife naked and if he does, he must commit suicide.
    So on September 14th, at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time, all Aussie women are asked to walk out of their house completely naked to help weed out any neighborhood terrorists.

Circling your block for one hour is recommended for this anti-terrorist effort.
    All patriotic men are to position themselves in lawn chairs in front of their houses to demonstrate their support for the women and to prove that they are not Muslim terrorist sympathizers.

Since Islam also does not approve of alcohol, a cold 6-pack at your side is further proof of your patriotism.

The Aussie government appreciates your efforts to root out terrorists and applauds your participation in this anti-terrorist activity.

P.S.
    If you don't share this, you're a terrorist-sympathizing,

in my inbox today. did it happen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Epic! :D

You just know that there's someone who'll fall for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

"Board.com"
    **** off u illiterate clown unfollow fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Probably said by some twat who has a religion and doesn't follow half of it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

there was a picture of a naked woman walking down a street but i didn't post it

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

there was a picture of a naked woman walking down a street
    Great! So that means the end of terrorism in the world then. Brilliant! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Does anyone know if it's possible to block specific pages from appearing on your timeline if someone else posts them? My timeline is plastered with shite from all those LAD pages (sportsLAD, uniLAD, SportsBible etc). I normally block people who post crap but a lot of my actual friends keep posting dung from these pages and I'm fed up looking at them. Is there any way of hiding these without blocking every individual person? Or do I need to find new friends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Does anyone know if it's possible to block specific pages from appearing on your timeline if someone else posts them? My timeline is plastered with shite from all those LAD pages (sportsLAD, uniLAD, SportsBible etc). I normally block people who post crap but a lot of my actual friends keep posting dung from these pages and I'm fed up looking at them. Is there any way of hiding these without blocking every individual person? Or do I need to find new friends?

Usually on the top right hand corner of any of those things there is a little drop down when you click on it it gives you options to not see that again etc :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement