Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a bad weekends shooting. Phoenix 2016

Options
  • 01-06-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭

1st and UK champion. Sporting Rifle 100y/200y/300y 147/150

387462.jpg

387463.jpg

387464.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Well done Clive. Must be fairly happy with that.

Can you break it down for us. What does the shoot involve? Positions, etc.

Well done again.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭clivej

Cass wrote: »
    Well done Clive. Must be fairly happy with that.

Can you break it down for us. What does the shoot involve? Positions, etc.

Well done again.

Any deer calibre rifle.

NRA 300 targets, bull = 5 points Max score = 150

100y Standing using sticks, only 2 points touching the ground. 5 shots in 30 seconds shot twice. 2 sighters only. Max score = 50

200y Standing using sticks, only 2 points touching the ground. 10 shots in 12 minutes. 2 sighters only. Max score = 50

300y prone using bag or bi-pod, no rear bag. 10 shots in 12 minutes. 2 sighters only. Max score =50

I came second in 100y/200y shotgun as well. Only piped in the last detail on Sunday. 2 third places as well, And got a Grand Masters award for overall points.

Great weekend was had by all the Irish shooters there. I'll have to start saving for next year now.

Full details here in the Gallery Rifle and Phoenix handbook.
    http://galleryrifle.com/handbook/handbook-2016/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

200 yds off sticks. Some shooting.

Congrats again.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Well done. Congrats.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

Well done. Bet your happy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭IrishTarget

So Clive,

So if you had a 10/22 how many shoots could you get involved in?

Do you need to qualify to enter? Or just go over as an individual shooter. I watched the video and would be very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭clivej

So Clive,

So if you had a 10/22 how many shoots could you get involved in?

Do you need to qualify to enter? Or just go over as an individual shooter. I watched the video and would be very interested.

Read the Phoenix competition book from the link in my first post.
    No you don't have to qualify but must have a standard of shooting to show your a safe shooter. This is achieved by entering national competitions run throughout the year here.

This year I shot 10/22, 38 lever action, shotgun, & my 308 stalking rifle

Advertisement