Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Little Things that Annoy You

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

people that skip queues and then the people behind them who biatch but dont actually do anything about it
    Actually, I forgot that one.

You know what really cheeses me off? When you're queueing/waiting and you're the only person waiting, then someone else comes and either stands right on top of you, or stands beside you. Standing beside you really annoys me because they're the type of people that will go before you if you hesitate and not even blink.

These are probably the same people who see a single queue for three tills/ATMs and decide that they can go form their own queue, then huff and puff when people tell them to get in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SUNGOD wrote: »
    people who put basins in their kitchen sinks and do the washing up in the basin in the sink ,cannot understand it

Along the same lines as that; people who use the sink to wash dishes then don't take the plug out when they're done. Why the f*ck would you leave that dirty water there (sometimes overnight) for the next poor ba*tard to come along and have to fish it out?

Pop Idol/Dancing With The Stars and all that b*llox.

Manchester United/Liverpool/Celtic supporters.

U2

Blatantly bad grammar. I don't mind the odd typo but 'I done it' or 'I seen it' is just ridiculous.

Incorrectness in publications i.e. newspapers. You've got the journalist, the copy editor, the sub editor and finally the editor yet a piece still gets sent to print with wrong names, words missing, misspelling etc.

That's all.....for now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

my idiot flatmate who washes his dishes (having left them accumulate for about 4 days) but then leaves the dirty water in the sink meaning anyone wanting to wash up after him has to fish about in the cold scummy water for the plug.

my idiot flatmate who forgets to turn off the immersion having boiled up the water.

my idiot flatmate who forgets to lock the backdoor after he's been out having a smoke, leaving it open for any undesirable to enter and partake of our valuables.

my idiot flatmate who pees all over the toilet seat and never flushes the toilet after him.

my idiot flatmate. complete fcuking tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Had to sit beside a guy for one class each day for two years during secondary school, and he had the worst BO problem ever. Our teacher during this particular class used to say that we smelled on hot days, and it was all down to this guy solely!

I've never smelled anything so putrid since. It wasn't even normal BO that happens during excercise....was a a thick pugent overpowering cloud that hit you each time he moved on his chair. It would water your eyes.

Almost sick thinking of it now!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

So, what are those things that annoy you..

For me, one of the ones has to be the fact that I'm a student, but more or less have a full time job (nearly 30hours a week) to pay myself through college. And knowing that people getting the grant probably earn more than I do (when my bills and rent are taken away).

bloody students! :p

i hate SUV's and people who dont say please or thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Blatantly bad grammar. I don't mind the odd typo but 'I done it' or 'I seen it' is just ridiculous.

thank you for logging in, BossArky

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

People who leave their bags on their backs on a crowded Luas
    People who stand in front of the doors when people are trying to get off a crowded Luas.
    People who try to squash on to a crowded Luas
    Crowded Luas's
    Mary Harney
    Bums at Luas stops - namely Heuston, Jervis, Abbey St. & Connolly

People who don't know how cues work in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

marcsignal wrote: »

D2 Accents

What's a D2 accent? (I know the D4 one... but not sure of the D2?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Bums at Luas stops - namely Heuston, Jervis, Abbey St. & Connolly

OH I hate that. They know you have change. Although I think they have started to clamp down on it. I heard a bloke telling the to move on before, it came on over th intercom at the Luas stop at Stephen's green.

People that stop in the middle to the road to talk to their mate dispite the green lights and honking horns behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

star-pants wrote: »
    What's a D2 accent? (I know the D4 one... but not sure of the D2?)

apologies, got a bit confused there, I meant D4 accents, but you usually find people with them working in the 'Morketing' (Marketing) Business, somewhere in D2 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

people on buses having ultra loud chats with the person next to them ... like take this morning for example, getting on the bus at half 7 in the morning is bad enough but having to listen to the two people in front of you for the next half a hour was head wrecking... it consisted of "what time are your classes starting at?" "oh am oh am oh am oh am **** sake ten o clock" :::: " that Jimmy guy is really annoying isnt he?" Oh MY GOD oh am oh am oh am oh am oh am he is SOOOO annoying?" "what you doing this weekend ?" "oh am oh am oh am oh am oh am Im SO LIke going out , i bought this DEAD FAB top that im just DYING to wera"

it has put me in a bad mood all day!!!

also hate people who ring into where i work asking for something and just goes " i have no credit can you ring me back" LIKE COME on before you ring me buy some credit!!

emo!! wrote: »
    people on buses having ultra loud chats with the person next to them ...

even worse than that emo.... People who take mobile calls on the bus or luas and proceed to tell the whole bus/luas what their plan is fo the next weekend at 120 decibles.......

"HELLO ?? AW HOWYA MARY ! NO NOT TONIGHT, I'M MEETING SEAN IN BREAK FOR THE BORDER, DO YOU WANNA MEET US THERE ?? DERMOTT IS COMING, YOU REMEMBER HIM FROM THAT TIME WE WERE IN THE TEMPLE BAR FOR RACHEL'S 30TH LAST JUNE ?? RIGHT THEN, WILL I MEET YOU THERE OR DO YOU WANT TO CALL IN TO THE FLAT FOR A QUICK RIDE FIRST ?? ...."

You get the general idea.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

even worse than that emo.... People who take mobile calls on the bus or luas and proceed to tell the whole bus/luas what their plan is fo the next weekend at 120 decibles.......

"HELLO ?? AW HOWYA MARY ! NO NOT TONIGHT, I'M MEETING SEAN IN BREAK FOR THE BORDER, DO YOU WANNA MEET US THERE ?? DERMOTT IS COMING, YOU REMEMBER HIM FROM THAT TIME WE WERE IN THE TEMPLE BAR FOR RACHEL'S 30TH LAST JUNE ?? RIGHT THEN, WILL I MEET YOU THERE OR DO YOU WANT TO CALL IN TO THE FLAT FOR A QUICK RIDE FIRST ?? ...."

You get the general idea.....:D

hahaha thats true! the worst phone call i ever heard was this man sitting beside me asking whoever was on the phone what they where wearing?? out really loud and then ringing about 3 different people asking the same thing.. the answer included "just a smile" one person hung up and the other person well lets just say it was intresting... but the most annoying part was he kept repeating there answers out loud !! GOD DAM IT!!

when you're opinion of a band is forever tainted by the fact that someone you can't stand is into them.

I'm that way about the 'Chilli Peppers' only because this guy I abhorred from years ago had 'Red Hot Chilli Peppers' on the back of his leather jacket, and I've consequently dissed the band ever since, and maybe 'Audioslave'......well no, actually 'Audioslave' are just shi*e :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having to stand on a bus at 6.30am, that really grinds my gears.

apologies, got a bit confused there, I meant D4 accents, but you usually find people with them working in the 'Morketing' (Marketing) Business, somewhere in D2 ;)

Ahhhhhhh I getcha ;) lol

Yes I agree on bus phone calls... seriously if you can't hear the person there's a button to turn up the volume... yelling isn't going to help *you* hear *them*.
    And conversations between some people as have been said with the 'omgs' n 'roysh' and whatnot.

:eek: I forgot... I HATE people chewing gum with their mouths open.. what the hell ... use some manners no I don't want to hear the noise of you testing the strength of your teeth on gum.. it's gross!
    Add to that
    bad table manners
    eating with mouth open
    blowing nose at the table etc

Having to stand on a bus at 6.30am, that really grinds my gears.

You mean on the roof ??
    because that sure would piss me off too if it was cold and raining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

maple wrote: »
    my idiot flatmate...

Sounds like a right laugh to have around.
    People who leave their bags on their backs on a crowded Luas

lol, I always do that :D It makes me feel like a TMNT, knocking people out of my way by swinging my back around as if I had a shell on it. I usually leave a nice tuna sambo in the front pocket for those sitting behind my backpack.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Sounds like a right laugh to have around.

lol, I always do that :D It makes me feel like a TMNT, knocking people out of my way by swinging my back around as if I had a shell on it. I usually leave a nice tuna sambo in the front pocket for those sitting behind my backpack.

you have no idea. seriously i'm going to murder him one night. thank fook he's moving out in 2 months. messiest, noisiest most inconsiderate tosspot to grace the earth. and he's so mean with money too, never pays for bills so that you have to hound him for it. fcuking tosser. grrr. :mad:

you have no idea. seriously i'm going to murder him one night. thank fook he's moving out in 2 months. messiest, noisiest most inconsiderate tosspot to grace the earth. and he's so mean with money too, never pays for bills so that you have to hound him for it. fcuking tosser. grrr. :mad:

oh dear.... well as you said he's out in 2 months *hug*

and 'tosspot' - I've not heard that in a while -- :D love it.

When I was in college there was this guy (he was gay and from mayo but that doesn't really matter much) but he'd go around in like the skankiest dirty white holey tshirt you'd ever seen - with ... *vomits* y-fronts that quite frankly didn't look like they'd see a wash lately...

there was another guy who just used to eat the place clean - and MY GOD did he eat loudly...smacked his lips together..... we even used to joke in the hopes he'd get the message...all he said was 'you should see my brother'
    ...no thanks...

• Advertisement

my idiot flatmate who washes his dishes (having left them accumulate for about 4 days) but then leaves the dirty water in the sink meaning anyone wanting to wash up after him has to fish about in the cold scummy water for the plug.

my idiot flatmate who forgets to turn off the immersion having boiled up the water.

my idiot flatmate who forgets to lock the backdoor after he's been out having a smoke, leaving it open for any undesirable to enter and partake of our valuables.

my idiot flatmate who pees all over the toilet seat and never flushes the toilet after him.

my idiot flatmate. complete fcuking tosser.

Can't you feel the love?

Ignorant bastards who spit out of their cars while driving. I was standing on the path when a lad drove by me on the furthest lane from me. His window was open and he spat out of it .. right into the windscreen of the car that was passing him on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

People who file their names with emory boards in public- especially on the Cork Dublin Train at weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

dogs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My penis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

papercuts

My penis.

I bet it is little alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

D4 accents

The over-use of the word "like", "oh my god", "are you seeerious!?".. etc.

D4 people in general

D4 (the area itself)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 littlemizz

those little packets of ketchup you get in restaurants......i can never open the flippin yokes! >:( then when you do get it open there isnt much in the stupit thing!

rude idiots that cant figure out where the indicators are!

im sure il remember more! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

uoluol wrote: »
    People who clap when a plane lands deserve to be tortured in a slow a painful way. Do they applaud the bus driver when he reaches their stop? - I bet not - so why the F**k do they clap like lunatics when the plane lands? Idiots.

:mad:

not defending the clappers but most people thank the bus driver and I'm sure the clappers see the clapping as some sort of thanks... unless you're flying with ryanair of course... then its just unexcusable...

Advertisement