Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Thread - I want! I want! I want!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://iberosphere.com/2012/01/spain-soccer-tax-hike-threatens-la-liga-appeal/5194

Dunno whatever came of that, cant find if it happened or not.

Lot's of players like Ibra, Ronaldo etc. have terms in there deals that guarantees them a gross salary so the tax increase will effect Real Madrid/PSG not Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭event

kryogen wrote: »
    Dunno, Madrid can match whatever he gets offered anywhere really. They benefit from tax laws and you know, government writing off debts

fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

event wrote: »
    why?
    You never would have thought owen would have went to united.
    For years we were told Torres loves ye so much and then went to chelsea.
    Benitez was a legend for ye and for years we were told he would never come back to england unless it was liverpool.

i dont see why its so hard to believe.
    Owen was finished when he signed for UTD whereas Alonso is far from finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Looking like Pato and Robinho are next out the door at Milan.

Pato, in fariness, someone offering €20million for a player that injury prone, I don't know if I'd take their hand off accepting it or wait until the end of the season and hope he somehow get's right fitness wise again. So much talent but his hamstrings are made from paper or something. I'd say he has played less football in the last 2 years than Owen Hargreves!

Robinho will be a strange one... I'm not hs biggest fan but he's actually playing pretty well this season and even working for the team, which is very un 'Binho like. But again, if big money is offered, I'd take it.

Allegri and Galliani have both said that if both players go then "An important" player will be signed because Allegri needs 5 strikers, right now there is SES, Pazzo, Bojan, Niang, Pato and Robinho. So if they both go at least one needs to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

event wrote: »
    why?
    You never would have thought owen would have went to united.
    For years we were told Torres loves ye so much and then went to chelsea.
    Benitez was a legend for ye and for years we were told he would never come back to england unless it was liverpool.

i dont see why its so hard to believe.

Very different reasons.

Benitez owed us absolutely nothing. We ignored him when we sacked Kenny. He was well within his right to get back into football.

Owen was always about Owen.

Torres broke my heart.

Alonso is different. (HE IS!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Drogba being linked with Milan today, you'd imagine wages might be a sticking point but if we let Robinho and Pato go it could happen. Would love to see him move, would be a great strike partner for SES as well as being a massive character in the team after losing so many last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'm reading on Spox that Chelsea have inquired about Paolo Guerrero and Corinthians have said they want €36m!

Guerrero going to Chelsea would be funny, but for a €36m fee I would pi$$ myself laughing.

Brazilian Football is able to hold onto its biggest stars these days, the country is in the middle of an economic boom at the moment. Some of them are ridiculously overpriced, like Guerrero & Neymar.

Celtic

Transfer Budget: Unknown but its safe to say that we wont be making any marquee signings, the policy of buying unknowns and developing them will remain in place.

We only need 2 players, another attacking full back to provide proper competition to Izaguirre. Only seen rare glimpses of the 2011 POTY since breaking his ankle. Having Mulgrew, Ledley & Matthews as his cover isn't going to push him as he knows they are much preferred in other positions.

The other would be a left footed version of james forrest for the left wing. We have players that can cut inside from either wing but only direct options for the right wing in Forrest & McGeouch

Out: Blackman, McCourt, Rogne, Murphy & Stokes

All have questionable attitudes and/or fitness levels and wouldnt be missed much

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Brazilian Football is able to hold onto its biggest stars these days, the country is in the middle of an economic boom at the moment. Some of them are ridiculously overpriced, like Guerrero & Neymar.

I'm sure Oatsey knows this as he views a fair bit of South American football, namely Brazilian football as far as I recall. He's just laughing at the fees being mentioned given Gurrero's time and performances in the Bundesliga including his club, Hamburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

I'm sure Oatsey knows this as he views a fair bit of South American football, namely Brazilian football as far as I recall. He's just laughing at the fees being mentioned given Gurrero's time and performances in the Bundesliga including his club, Hamburg.

i know he knows alot of football, im not trying to insult him but this is more of a general rant, its a case of clubs holding out for offers they wont refuse not their market value. i find it strange that certain types of price tags baffle people

i know he knows alot of football, im not trying to insult him but this is more of a general rant, its a case of clubs holding out for offers they wont refuse not their market value. i find it strange that certain types of price tags baffle people

The player for Hamburg was fairly average is all. Bit of a loose cannon too to put it lightly. Maybe he's developed into a cracking player all of a sudden. Haven't watching Corithinians since the Copa Libertadores earlier this past summer admittedly, and he only joined the club after they won it if I'm not mistaken. Didn't watch any of the World Club Cup neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Aston Villa.

About 11 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

chelsea should get bent

Pato to Corinthians for around €15M is all but confirmed now it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

and Nene, Robinho, Conca and Riquelme all linked with moves there. Great quality heading to Brazil.
    The player for Hamburg was fairly average is all. Bit of a loose cannon too to put it lightly. Maybe he's developed into a cracking player all of a sudden. Haven't watching Corithinians since the Copa Libertadores earlier this past summer admittedly, and he only joined the club after they won it if I'm not mistaken. Didn't watch any of the World Club Cup neither.

He's lazy, selfish and he is hard to motivate. There was the car crash incident, then the fear of flying episode, then the one where he hit the fan with a water bottle. Every time he got subbed after a sh*t performance (90% of his games) he would walk straight by everyone and go down the tunnel sulking, not even acknowledging his team mate coming on. That being said, he has always been a top player for Peru and is loved there. He seems to always play better in South America so the move to Corinthians was a good one. I wouldn't pay 36 euro to sign him to a European club, nevermind €36m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Corholio wrote: »
    Aston Villa.

About 11 players

Yea and a new owner with deep pockets. Oil magnate or Saudi prince preferably!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Santo DiFranco is linked with Liverpool by John Cross in an article that has his co-workers in stitches on twitter.

Also an Italian journalist "broke" the story of sneijder agreeing terms with spurs and its spread like wildfire.

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-wesley-sneijder-agrees-to-join-tottenham-hotspur-from-inter-milan-in-january/

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Liverpool should just go buy Draxler, Bradley, and Alaba (!), sorted.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Liverpool should just go buy Draxler, Bradley, and Alaba (!), sorted.

o_0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

o_0

Ha, but you get my point I'm sure. Those were just names off the top of my head that I'd think would improve Liverpool, If you're insistent on english players, buy Lallana.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Ha, but you get my point I'm sure. Those were just names off the top of my head that I'd think would improve Liverpool, If you're insistent on english players, buy Lallana.

Confused look was more in regards to signing Alaba namely. But just looking at the names individually..

Bradley only signed for Roma in the summer.

Draxler, highly unlikely. Would love to say otherwise. Host of CL clubs will be after him if and when he leaves.

Alaba isn't realistic at all. There's more chance of me signing for Liverpool than us signing him. I could say the same for the likes of United, Chelsea and City too unless one of them stump up one insane bid that would even tempt Bayern into considering to sell.

EnglishBritish players can **** off as far as I'm concerned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

More and more, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Rooney did trot on.

Maybe we can trade him and some cash for Ronaldo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

More and more, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Rooney did trot on.

Maybe we can trade him and some cash for Ronaldo :P

LOL why would madrid want rooney:pac:. It's hard to see who would be interested in reality given his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Rooney's willing to take a pay cut and move to London I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Saying that, I cant see him ever leaving Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

WBA have recalled Chris Wood from his loan at Millwall. He is expected to sign for Leicester for £1.25 million (potentially rising to £2 million). Big loss for Millwall, but a good signing for Leicester. Could definitely spur them on to promotion.

In other news, Birmingham have basically confirmed that Jack Butland will be sold in January for around £4-6 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ANDREY ARSHAVIN (aged 31, forward) Arsenal
    Started brightly but his form has deteriorated dramatically. Fallen down the pecking order and has been restricted to substitute appearances.
    May move back to his native Russia.

FLORENT MALOUDA (32, winger) Chelsea
    The Frenchman is still at Stamford Bridge, you know! Has not featured at all this season because of the form of Eden Hazard and Juan Mata.
    Will probably return to France.

STEWART DOWNING (28, winger) Liverpool
    Has had a largely unsuccessful time at Anfield since his big money move from Aston Villa, and has been told by Brendan Rodgers he can leave.
    Has been linked with a loan move to his old club Middlesbrough.

MARIO BALOTELLI (22, striker) Manchester City
    Has been criticised by manager Roberto Mancini for his inconsistent form this season and the Italian may decide to get rid of him.
    AC Milan could take a chance on him.

NANI (26, winger) Manchester United
    Has not produced his best form this season and reports suggest he has fallen out with manager Sir Alex Ferguson because of his contract demands.
    Arsenal, Zenit and Juventus have all expressed interest.

DEMBA BA (27, striker) Newcastle United
    Despite the club's inconsistent performances this season, the Senegal man has excelled and a £7m release clause remains in his contract.
    Arsenal could stump up the fee for him.

LUKE YOUNG (33, full-back) Queens Park Rangers
    Left out of the 25-man squad list at the start of the season and new manager Harry Redknapp is likely to bring in some reinforcements.
    A Championship side may come calling.

ASMIR BEGOVIC (25, goalkeeper) Stoke City
    Reliable and commanding, the Bosnian has been one of the league's stand-out keepers this campaign with nine clean sheets to date.
    Linked with Manchester United.

MICHU (26, forward) Swansea City
    Signed for only £2m in the summer, the Spaniard has been a revelation so far and may be sold if Michael Laudrup receives a big enough offer.
    Atletico Madrid seem keen to take him back to Spain.

MICHAEL DAWSON (29, centre-back) Tottenham Hotspur
    Out of favour under manager Andre Villas-Boas and could be offloaded to raise funds to bring in new players.
    QPR may be an option, having come close to signing him in the summer.

JAMES McCARTHY (22, midfielder) Wigan Athletic
    Roberto Martinez's side are struggling, but the Scot has been superb for the Latics. Box-to-box player with a creative edge to his game.
    Has turned down Liverpool twice and they may look at him again.

POTENTIAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND SPL MOVERS

TOM INCE (20, winger) Blackpool
    The pacy England Under-21 international has continued last season's superb form and has caught the attention of a number of suitors.
    A return to Liverpool seems the likely move.

JACK BUTLAND (19, goalkeeper) Birmingham City
    Being number one choice for Great Britain during the Olympics raised his stock and he has had a solid season for his club thus far.
    Everton could reignite their interest after a failed attempt in the summer.

CHARLIE AUSTIN (23, striker) Burnley
    The former bricklayer is now a prolific goalscorer, scoring 23 for his club in all competitions so far this season.
    Arsenal have been monitoring the Englishman.

WILL HUGHES (17, midfielder) Derby County
    The highly rated youngster has been a virtual ever-present this season, putting in a string of impressive performances.
    Fulham are at the front of the queue.

WILFRIED ZAHA (20, forward) Crystal Palace
    A quick and tricky player who loves to run at defences. Was recently called up to the full England squad for the friendly against Sweden.
    A bid from Manchester United may come in.

SAM BYRAM (19, full-back) Leeds United
    Propelled into the first team despite little game time in the reserves. Technically sound, quick and a good reader of the game.
    The two Merseyside clubs may fight it out for his signature.

LUKE MURPHY (23, midfielder) Crewe Alexandra
    Blossomed since given the club captaincy. An excellent passer, controls the tempo of the team's play and possesses a great burst of acceleration.
    Stoke head a long list of clubs wanting his signature.

VICTOR WANYAMA (21, midfielder) Celtic
    Has been stalling over the offer of a contract extension. Showed strong, skilful and poised displays in this season's Champions League.
    Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal have been linked.

GARY HOOPER (24, striker) Celtic
    Powerful player with a razor-sharp finish that has led to comparisons with Wayne Rooney. In talks about a contract extension.
    Juventus have been linked with a possible bid along with Sunderland and Southampton.
    Compiled by BBC Sport's Shamoon Hafez

POTENTIAL EUROPEAN MOVERS

RADAMEL FALCAO (26, striker) Atletico Madrid
    Given the Colombian's phenomenal form since arriving in Madrid, it is unsurprising Chelsea and Real Madrid have been linked with a £45m bid.
    Cash-strapped Atletico hope to wait until the summer to sell.

LOIC REMY (25, striker) Marseille
    This versatile and quick striker has had a tough 2012 with form and fitness. Interested parties should be able to seal a deal for around £10m.
    Newcastle and QPR look to be the frontrunners.

ISCO (20, midfielder) Malaga
    This outstanding playmaker has been one of the stars of the Champions League this season, and Malaga have continuing financial problems.
    A host of interested clubs including Tottenham could take advantage of the club's situation.

BAFETIMBI GOMIS (27, striker) Lyon
    This bustling attacker has been in splendid form for high-flying Lyon, who still need to cut their wage bill, and would be available for around £14m.
    Canal Plus recently claimed Chelsea, as well as Liverpool, are interested in a deal.

FERNANDO LLORENTE (27, striker) Athletic Bilbao
    The Spain target-man has been frozen out since he rejected a contract extension. Athletic have one last chance to stop him leaving for nothing.
    With six months remaining on his contract, Juventus lead the race, ahead of Arsenal.

MOUSSA SISSOKO (23, midfielder) Toulouse
    This energetic midfielder has become very important for Didier Deschamps' France in recent months. His contract runs out in the summer.
    Newcastle or Arsenal may tempt Toulouse to part with him early with a £10m offer.

JOAO MOUTINHO (23, midfielder) Porto
    The Portugal star's form has improved further still since his deadline day move to Tottenham collapsed. £25m would be needed for him.
    Spurs remain interested, as do Zenit St Petersburg.

DAVID VILLA (29, striker) Barcelona
    Having made a good recovery from a broken leg, the prolific forward has become dissatisfied with his marginal role at the Camp Nou.
    Arsenal and AC Milan are among those interested in a loan.

IAGO ASPAS (25, forward) Celta Vigo
    Vicente del Bosque plans to call up him for Spain, with the local boy enjoying a stellar debut top-flight campaign.
    His £8.2m buyout clause has alerted a host of clubs in Spain and England.

ROBINHO (28, forward) AC Milan
    After Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri conceded the former Manchester City forward wants to return to Brazil, an exit seems closer than ever.
    Former club Santos are poised.

RICARDO CARVALHO (34, centre-back) Real Madrid
    The experienced defender recently admitted it will be "difficult" to stay at the Bernabeu past January given his limited playing time.
    QPR might resurrect an interest, as he is available on a free.

WESLEY SNEIJDER (28, midfielder) Inter Milan
    Inter are trying to force out their top earner after he refused a pay cut and the Dutchman has been frozen out of the first team.
    Turkish pair Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are monitoring the situation, along with Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala.

MATHIEU DEBUCHY (27, full-back) Lille
    The France international was deeply disappointed when Lille rejected a £5m approach from Newcastle in the summer.
    Alan Pardew is expected to make an improved bid in January.

YOAN GOUFFRAN (26, forward) Bordeaux
    With a contract that runs out in summer 2013, this rapid winger-cum-striker is having the season of his life.
    Aston Villa lead a queue of interested Premier League sides.

RICKY VAN WOLFSWINKEL (23, striker) Sporting Lisbon
    After a fruitful campaign last year, this goal poacher is enduring a miserable season in the capital as Sporting's fortunes plummet.
    Fiorentina head a list of suitors ready to rescue him.

NENE (31, forward) Paris St-Germain
    This prolific, talented winger has shown a lack of discipline too often for manager Carlo Ancelotti, who would like to sell.
    A clutch of clubs in his native Brazil are keen, as are Galatasaray, Besiktas and Milan.

BENAT (25, midfielder) Real Betis
    The classy Spain playmaker, currently on a modest salary, is struggling to agree a contract extension.
    A £16m move to Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Wolfsburg would give him a big raise.

RICARDO QUARESMA (29, winger) Unattached
    The mercurial winger recently had his contract cancelled by Besiktas having not made a single appearance this season.
    Turkish media have reported interest from Marseille and former club Porto.

MICKAEL LANDREAU (33, goalkeeper) Unattached
    The two-time Ligue 1 winner recently had his contract cancelled at Lille after a fall-out with club management. His preference is to stay in France.
    Arsenal have been linked with a move.

MIRALEM PJANIC (22, midfielder) Roma
    This technically excellent midfielder could be on the way out after disagreements with coach Zdenek Zeman.
    Tottenham and Chelsea are both reported to be interested.
    Compiled by European football expert Andy Brassell

POTENTIAL SOUTH AMERICAN MOVERS

RICARDO CENTURION (20, midfielder) Racing
    Whippy, quick, skilful support striker whose elusive dribbling made a big impact in the recent Argentine championship.
    Likely to be sold to help balance the books, and Porto and Benfica look ready to fight for him.

GINO PERUZZI (20, full-back) Velez Sarsfield
    Hugely promising right-back, tall and talented, who has already won Argentina caps.
    First-team opportunities are limited by the fact that the club captain plays in his position.

BERNARD (20, striker) Atletico Mineiro
    A wide striker with pace, intelligence and technique, he was the revelation of this year's Brazilian championship. Already attracting offers.
    Club would love to keep him for the Copa Libertadores campaign but cannot guarantee he will stay.

DEDE (24, centre-back) Vasco da Gama
    Strapping Brazil centre-back, dominant in the air, quick across the ground, sound in the tackle and capable of playing out of defence.
    Club's financial crisis could force a sale.

DIEGO ROLAN (19, forward) Defensor Sporting
    Skilful support striker, filling out physically, who is clearly outgrowing his current club. A leading scorer in the recent Uruguayan championship.
    Manchester United were keeping tabs on him.
    Compiled by BBC Sport's South American football correspondent Tim Vickery
    POTENTIAL AFRICAN MOVERS

SOLOMON ASANTE (22, winger) Bekerum Chelsea
    HOW WE FARED IN 2012
    Of the 50 players from the 2012 list, seven moved or agreed to move in January. A further 22 players from the list such as Eden Hazard and Olivier Giroud have moved since January.

Ghana international still playing club football in his home country. The speedy winger impressed in the African Champions League.
    Was strongly linked with a move to Stoke City earlier this season.
    GODFREY OBOABONA (22, centre-back) Sunshine Stars
    Made his international debut for Nigeria in 2012 and should be an important part of the Africa Cup of Nations squad in South Africa.
    Been linked with several clubs after some impressive performances for his club in the Nigerian league.

SIPHIWE TSHABALALA (28, wing-back) Kaizer Chiefs
    Famous for scoring the first goal of the 2010 World Cup. Previously spent time at Nottingham Forest. Was on trial at Crystal Palace last year.
    Other Championship sides may be interested.

TRESOR MPUTU (27, striker) TP Mazembe
    Once hailed as "the next Samuel Eto'o". He was given a 12-month global ban in 2010 for attacking a referee but has been in great form since.
    Previously linked with Celtic.

STOPPILA SUNZU (23, centre-back) TP Mazembe
    One of Zambia's star players at the last Africa Cup of Nations and claimed to have received interest from Arsenal, Chelsea and Bolton.
    German clubs have made enquiries. Work permit issues prevented a move to Reading early in his career.

Some decent players available for transfer in that list.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20521275

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Arsenal linked to nearly everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Arsenal linked to nearly everyone!

And will probably buy nobody:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

zerks wrote: »

Some good ones there alright but the majority of them probably won't budge anywhere. I'd like to see Isco and Pjanic in the EPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Byram better not be going anyway. Revelation of our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

zerks wrote: »

Landreau, Sissoko, Zaha and Turan (not on list) and Villa on loan would make a nice January for Arsenal from that list.

Very optimistic bu then again we did sign 4 and almost 5 players the window we signed Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ba to Chelsea according to sky sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Carlo Cudicini has moved to LA Galaxy...

Best of luck from a Spurs fan Carlo..No if we can just give Gomes away too :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

davycc wrote: »
    Carlo Cudicini has moved to LA Galaxy...

Anyone know if he's one of their designated players, or just on a similar wage to the rest of the squad?

davycc wrote: »

Jesus! Gomes is still at Spurs?

I thought he moved on... He was the 3rd of 4th choice before Cudicini left.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Jesus! Gomes is still at Spurs?

I thought he moved on... He was the 3rd of 4th choice before Cudicini left.

Yep butterfingers is still happy to stay take the (superior) money every week & turn down any move back to Brazil as he would rather be a bench warmer for Spurs reserves..FFS how far he has fallen from his PSV days:(

• Advertisement

Anyone know if he's one of their designated players, or just on a similar wage to the rest of the squad?

I dont know the exact details sorry..But they are getting a decent keeper with 2-4yrs left in his career providing he stays away from motorbikes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭event

joe123 wrote: »
    Very different reasons.

Benitez owed us absolutely nothing. We ignored him when we sacked Kenny. He was well within his right to get back into football.

Owen was always about Owen.

Torres broke my heart.

Alonso is different. (HE IS!)

before they all signed for other clubs, you would have said they were different too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Corholio wrote: »
    Aston Villa.

About 11 players
    Yea and a new owner with deep pockets. Oil magnate or Saudi prince preferably!

Q.P.R. Model anyone:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

http://www.nufc.co.u...2281670_3024928

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

Welcome Zeki Fryers obviously highly rated by someone at the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Seanie Maguire has officially signed for West Ham.

He's originally from Kilkenny. Played for a few local teams there before banging in a hat trick in the Youth All-Ireland final in '11. Then he got his move to Waterford United. When there he took full advantage and finished joint top scorer in the league last year.

Came from the same school as me and played for the same team, albeit he's 5 years younger than me. Kilkenny are well represented in the Premier League now with Mikey Drennan going up through the ranks at Aston Villa.

Hopefully one, or both, of them can nail down a starting spot in a few years at their respective clubs and get a place on the Irish team. It's a big call but they have the talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He scored 50+ goals when he was playing in Kilkenny in one season!

Saying that, Ethan Mannion did the same here in Galway and was signed by WBA but didn't make it there. Hopefully Maguire can go the full distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Strnge transfer that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

He'll be nothing more than a back up at the very best. I don't understand the hype surrounding him at all.

I do hope we sue Spurs though. This was nothing more than an attempt to dodge the tribunal fee.

Typical Levy tbh.

• Advertisement

He'll be nothing more than a back up at the very best. I don't understand the hype surrounding him at all.

I do hope we sue Spurs though. This was nothing more than an attempt to dodge the tribunal fee.

Typical Levy tbh.

Seems to be exactly that. Standard sign him on a free and agree to sell him back to Spurs at half the price the compensation would be. Standard get a decent fullback for 6 months and then a nice fee at the end of it.

Cheap tactics. I know a few million for a youth isn't a lot to a team like Man United, but still.

Advertisement