Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I don't think we can hope for a Spurs collapse again this season and I'm not confident of us even matching their results over the rest of the season, never mind bettering them.

Worst thing is it won't suddenly push Wenger into buying. We'll be told there's no money as we don't have the CL revenue coming in and that our squad is super qualitee and next season Diaby is going to play 800 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I think the Spurs v United game is an interesting representation of the decline of Arsenal.

Once upon a time, we were hoping for Spurs to do us a favour against United.

Now we are hoping for United to do us a favour against Spurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

QPR are in for M'Villa.... the bottom club in the league is getting our targets. We are pathetic right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

FearDark wrote: »
    QPR are in for M'Villa.... the bottom club in the league is getting our targets. We are pathetic right now.

He has agreed to join Rubin Kazan and Rennes have agreed fee of 9.6m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

He has agreed to join Rubin Kazan and Rennes have agreed fee of 9.6m

My point remains. Rubin Kazan are hardly a European superpower. Why don't we get the players we need? We have a ton of dead wood in the squad, decent'ish first team but we couldn't beat a Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea team to save our lives. In fact whenever we play a team in the top half of the table I'm not confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

FearDark wrote: »
    My point remains. Rubin Kazan are hardly a European superpower. Why don't we get the players we need?

Because more than likely Rubin threw stupid money at him, money talks and unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy and are tight as a ducks ass when it comes to money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

There must be a reason why the likes of Ruben and QPR are in for M'Vila. Last thing Arsenal need is someone with a bad attitude.

Cant see us getting 4th unless something drastic happens soon. Either a player or two or a serious change in attitude from the players we have. I think we need both!

Its mental how we can be so Jekyll and Hyde. They were like a different team in the second half so whatever Wenger said to them worked but why cant he get them going for a full match?

M'vila is not thr player we need anyway he has the same attitude as Balotteli would be suspended more times than playing so better of letting him go elsewhere... havent a clue who we will sign at this stage if anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

M'vila is not thr player we need anyway he has the same attitude as Balotteli would be suspended more times than playing so better of letting him go elsewhere... havent a clue who we will sign at this stage if anybody

Has he not only got like 2 yellow cards in his 22 or so games this season? (Including cup games)

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Has he not only got like 2 yellow cards in his 22 or so games this season? (Including cup games)

did you just google that????:D:D:D

did you just google that????:D:D:D

I might have :-P I might be wrong though haha, I know he has his tantrums but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, I think this bad reputation that he's said to have is massively overstated. He was banned from France National teams for 18 months after going on a night out with 3 other players while on u-21 duty, big woop.

Wiki wrote:
    Despite his position, M'Vila is also known for his disciplined style of play. So far in his career as a professional, in which he has accumulated over 120 appearances, M'Vila has collected only 16 yellow cards and suffered only one expulsion

i stand corrected!!! well its obvious then Arsene doesn't wanna take a chance on him and will let him go somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,229 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two-thirds the way through the January window and still no sign of a new player despite our woeful displays. We have picked up 34 points and dropped 32. Not anywhere Top 4 form yet we do not strengthen.

What the Hell is going on at the club I love and supported for nearly 50 years?
    Is there anyone home at Arsenal?

Two-thirds the way through the January window and still no sign of a new player despite our woeful displays. We have picked up 34 points and dropped 32. Not anywhere Top 4 form yet we do not strengthen.

Well Usmanov has been banging on the door to get in for a while and no-one is answering!!!
    David Dein obviously smelt a rat in Kroenke and that's why he left (or was pushed)

• Advertisement

Something is seriously wrong if we dont spend at all in this window. We are short on quality but we are short of players too. Our squad is very small. One striker. One injury away from Squallci playing! Our bench yesterday was a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Don't worry we will buy the players were gonna buy all the players :)

image.png

im not asking for much i just want gotze, hummels, cavani, falcao, ronaldo, fellani, Lahm, Thiago, Silva
    its not much to ask

i left out messi coz i think he is overrated ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

I know we are all hoping for the big signing this window but i dont see it happenning. On the other hand we really need a signing of some sort, even if its only cover. The squad is very threadbare at the moment and if anyone were to get injured then we would be up sh1t creak. At this stage id take any signings, even on a short contract or a loan signing. Otherwise Wenger has to start introducing the likes of Gnabry and Eisfeld into the sqaud to give them a little experience. I know the last thing we need is more deadwood but there has to be some reasonable players available as cover.
    Secretly im hoping that he has a surprise signing lined up but i think those days are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yeah his bad boy image is blown way out of proportion.

I can't see us signing anyone now anyway.

Apart from Walcott obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yeah his bad boy image is blown way out of proportion.

The 18 month suspension would beg to differ. You dont get that for nothing. Wenger obviously found out what caused it and is staying well clear now. He wanted to sign him not long ago but failed, it has to be something big to kill almost everybodies interest in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

On a different topic altogether, I'm just wondering if there's any useful threads/guides on here about travelling to a game. Haven't been before and am hoping to go to either the Villa or Reading game. Am a bit clueless about the best airport to fly in to /best place to stay etc.!

On a different topic altogether, I'm just wondering if there's any useful threads/guides on here about travelling to a game. Haven't been before and am hoping to go to either the Villa or Reading game. Am a bit clueless about the best airport to fly in to /best place to stay etc.!

Heathrow is prob the handiest, stanstead prob the cheapest. They all have trains that will bring ya in anyway
    Somewhere in finsbury park will do for staying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Heathrow is prob the handiest, stanstead prob the cheapest. They all have trains that will bring ya in anyway
    Somewhere in finsbury park will do for staying

I stayed near the emirates last time I was over and ended up in a right dump. I'd recommend going back into the city. Gatwick is handy enough also for flying in but Heathrow definitely the best for someone who doesn't know London very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Best airport for me would be stanstead, you then have the option of taking the stanstead express train direct London Liverpool Street which is handy for every tube line, you can also get the bus from Stan for half the price of the train which brings to the westfield shopping center and access to tube lines.

We generally stay in the jurys in islington, very handy for the stadium and is a very nice part of london. Tube access means you can stay anywhere though and still easily get to the game

I see there is talk of le coq going out on loan
    Yep that's the answer loan all the players

If thats true then we are def bringing someone in.

Think a loan would be great for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

how much more can we take ?

another trophyless year and so far the least points of any premier season.

yea i know its been said before but im really fed up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is that twitter talk or has Wenger said something? If its twiiter then meh

If its Wenger then there has to be someone on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Heathrow or Gatwick are the airports I'd go with.

Heathrow is the nearest to the city and if you're not in a rush you can get the tube from the airport right to the ground. Only problem is ryanair don't fly there so it's usually a lot cheaper to fly to one of the other airports. I used to always fly to Heathrow with BMI as they were handy for bringing luggage if you were staying the weekend, but BA bought them out and they're twice the price now.

Gatwick is where I'd usually fly to now. If you book in advance you can get two singles on the Southern Trains line for £5 each, that will get you from Gatwick to Victoria and back again. A lot cheaper than the Stansted or Gatwick Expresses. It only takes about 10 minutes more than the Gatwick Express does too. From there you can get a tube to the ground fairly easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The closest is probably City of London Airport and there are flights from Dublin. It is a little more expensive though.

Luton's not a bad bet either - although it is a little further out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Soups123 wrote: »

Is that twitter talk or has Wenger said something? If its twiiter then meh

If its Wenger then there has to be someone on the way

Spanish papers I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just saw this on balls.ie:

Apparently Mertsacker is our off the field enforcer as well. :)

mertesacker.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Strolling into the changing room 30 minutes late talking on your mobile with the guardian under your arm in the wrong kit wearing outdoor shoes would end up costing you. The only good this is that Mert would never catch you if you ran away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Reports on twitter saying the tickets for the Liverpool game have gone on general sale, looks like fans are showing the dissapproval with there wallets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

^^^ thats a pretty big game to get to general sale, its normally hard enough getting any sort of decent game on a red membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lads quick question, if I purchased red membership today would it be up at the end of this season, or does it last me for a year? Would love to get over and watch a game with the missis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement