Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gabba: expensive luxury or a great jacket worth the money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

skerry wrote: »
    Sickened, I had been in touch with these lads re postage etc and by the time I decided to order they had sold out in my size and won't have again until New Year.

Anyone know of any other reasonable deals going on the Gabba. The missus was looking to buy me one for Christmas but don't want her forking out €200+ for one when they can be got for a good bit less in the New Year

What did they tell u on the postal front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

pelevin wrote: »
    What did they tell u on the postal front?

They said that unfortunatey that's the price UPS charege for delivery so that's what CC charege so as not to lose money. Seems excessive for posting a jersey but still works out far cheaper than getting it here

skerry wrote: »
    Sickened, I had been in touch with these lads re postage etc and by the time I decided to order they had sold out in my size and won't have again until New Year.

Anyone know of any other reasonable deals going on the Gabba. The missus was looking to buy me one for Christmas but don't want her forking out €200+ for one when they can be got for a good bit less in the New Year

The US ebay seller I linked to initially has the short-sleeved Gabba now at a pretty unbeatable 87 euros, just over 100 euros after delivery, smallest size Large. Says that sale price only for a further 19 hours.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SHIPS-24HRS-MENS-2014-GENUINE-CASTELLI-BLACK-WS-GABBA-SHORT-SLEEVE-JERSEY-/190922869104?pt=US_Cycling_Clothing&var=&hash=item7221ceb1af

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Damn, that was too good to say no to. That's nearly the last bit of Gabba kit I'm missing from the kit box sorted. Cheers pelevin!

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Damn, that was too good to say no to. That's nearly the last bit of Gabba kit I'm missing from the kit box sorted. Cheers pelevin!

Glad it was of use! Hope noone has to go hungry.

Looks like you got in just in time - only 1 XXXL left now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

pelevin wrote: »
    Glad it was of use! Hope noone has to go hungry.

Looks like you got in just in time - only 1 XXXL left now.

Bought an L when I read it last night, thanks for drawing my attention to it!

J Madone wrote: »

He must be wondering what's this flurrry of Irish buyers all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ye should group post them to save a few bob.

Maybe a group buy? I'll contact him about it if people are interested, am hoping to get a convertible one myself. I could get them all posted to me and post/collect from Dublin? Would people be interested? I'm just presuming that he will have more back in stock soon enough, he seems to be a distributor of castelli gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Bambaata wrote: »
    Ye should group post them to save a few bob.

Maybe a group buy? I'll contact him about it if people are interested, am hoping to get a convertible one myself. I could get them all posted to me and post/collect from Dublin? Would people be interested? I'm just presuming that he will have more back in stock soon enough, he seems to be a distributor of castelli gear

Would be interested in the convertible one as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

J Madone wrote: »

Was going to do the same! Had it in my basket, last one available it told me, but decided to hold off. I'd prefer the long sleeve or convertible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Plastik wrote: »
    Was going to do the same! Had it in my basket, last one available it told me, but decided to hold off. I'd prefer the long sleeve or convertible!

I have a shortsleeve for sale first 160 secures :0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's far less versatile than a Gabba in my opinion. Plus, because it's a "onesie", you'd have to wash it after every use.

Good point re versatility, but i was everything anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭markie379

Santy brought a longsleeve one :) . Had it out in appalling conditions last weekend .(Cold ,rain ,sleety and v windy) .Best bit of gear I have ever bought. It kept the wind off completely . I got a little wet after about an hour but felt no cold .Its all Ill be using for the next few months.

• Advertisement

Anyone got leads on Gabbas at the moment. Finally have dough together for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭park500

Thanks, but am looking for the SS somewhere near the €100 mark as have come up before. Need it in Large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

You'll do very well indeed to get it for €100, the cheapest by far is the eBay seller linked in the second post of this thread. He currently has the S/S for just over €105 plus delivery, so its going to be close to €120 (but only XL, and XXL). Even at that €120 is a great price and well worth it. Its probably worth going onto his webshop and emailing him to see if he can source one in the size you need (or better still, call him, 001 603-852-2852 - I did before I bought and he was grand to deal with). Check your size on here - plenty of guidance in previous posts of this thread - as they are a snug fit.

I did say near to be fair, I just couldn't remember the lowest of the prices. Thanks for the heads up, I'll contact him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

Looks like some S/S €139 with Free Shipping here . http://www.bikeandtravel.nl/ L, XL & XXL Available

Looks like some S/S €139 with Free Shipping here . http://www.bikeandtravel.nl/ L, XL & XXL Available

FFS, you sent me this and I bookmarked it and then forgot. Sorry dude. Just need to work my way around the Dutch now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I was looking at these and read a review which the buyer said his normal size was an xl but he had to get a 3xl and the fit was perfect.Are they that small a fitting?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

codie wrote: »
    I was looking at these and read a review which the buyer said his normal size was an xl but he had to get a 3xl and the fit was perfect.Are they that small a fitting?

No. They do run small, but not by that much. So an XL would fit like an L.

EDIT: This isn't confined to the Gabba. Other Castelli jerseys and jackets are the same in my experience.

usually an xl myself so if I can I will go xxl.Would like the convertible but they don't seem that easy to find anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

FFS, you sent me this and I bookmarked it and then forgot. Sorry dude. Just need to work my way around the Dutch now.

If they don't have it in a large Castelli Cafe seem to have the SS in stock @€;144.
    Granted its a few quid dearer than the Dutch site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

codie wrote: »
    usually an xl myself so if I can I will go xxl.Would like the convertible but they don't seem that easy to find anywhere.

Usually an xl myself too and had my sister bring me back one in xxl from America at Christmas there and it's a perfect fit, the xl would of been pushing it!

Back in page 1 slap/dash stated he was an xxl in nalini/vermac.I would be the same .I have a gore contest in xl and its a great fit but gets too warm in spring and I was going to go with a Gore phantom which is convertible €136 and as I know the sizing.But having read about the Gabba I like its versatility.
    Question is if I am a xxl in nalini and vermac and the Gabba is worn over normal jersey would I be looking at 3xl.(man that sounds bad).Found the convertible here but have to say its more expensive than my budget.
    http://www.outdooraccessorieshop.com/products/cycling/cycling-jackets/castelli-gabba-convertible-jacket-black/
    Don't know anything about these or never even heard of them till now and wouldn't fancy trying to return if I got wrong size.

I can get the ss gabba for €160 delivered and the nanoflex arm warmers and adding them up comes to €195 so am I better off to go for the convertible(if I can be 100% about the size) or the ss gabba.Its from cyclestore.co.uk so no problem with returns there and I have bought a fair bit of stuff from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Castelli Gabba for £112.49 (S/S) or £138.74 (L/S) at cycle surgery using the code JER25% + 15£ delivery. LS is 182 euro delivered. seems to be lots of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

Now you can get the Special Edition version. Why is it a special ? Well, it comes in a nice box.....and with a permanent pen to allow you to black out the logo - just like a lot of teams not sponsored by Castelli do !!! :cool:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/castelli-gabba-pro-edition-jersey-first-look

I have to say, I really like mine. I've lived in it (figuratively....) since I bought late last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

For those with friends or family in America - Backcountry.com have the convertible version for $175 delivered within USA using code SAVE20. Short sleeve version is $136 with code and long sleeve version is $151 with code.

Probably another $15 to have a friend post it home.

You can also order through their Amazon.com store (no voucher) for $170, $190 and $220, have it delivered to family and again arrange to have it posted home.

Multiple sizes available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

Looks like they have the Gabba on this website www.outdooraccessorieshop.com and compared to the usual wiggle/chainreaction seems to be a lot cheaper. 111 euro for a short sleeve. Very tempted to get one. Anybody bought from this crowd before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

wonder why the price changes per country?

3102derek wrote: »

I asked myself the same question. Looks like a legit website though. What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

cassette50 wrote: »
    For those with friends or family in America - Backcountry.com have the convertible version for $175 delivered within USA using code SAVE20. Short sleeve version is $136 with code and long sleeve version is $151 with code.

Probably another $15 to have a friend post it home.

You can also order through their Amazon.com store (no voucher) for $170, $190 and $220, have it delivered to family and again arrange to have it posted home.

Multiple sizes available.

Do you need to be logged in to see that price? I'm seeing €134.95 for the short sleeve gabba & spending another €15 to qualify for free postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

clod71 wrote: »
    I asked myself the same question. Looks like a legit website though. What do you think?

ye their legit. I just check with a work mate from the Netherlands. he says their fine. uses them a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

3102derek wrote: »

I expect they are charging they are registered for vat in each country they sell in - same as CRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

Well I got the convertible jacket and its definately worth the price its d best ive used and seen and wud highly recommend the ebay seller I posted earlier was pleasure to deal with and I had to return for bigger size and very helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

clod71 wrote: »
    Looks like they have the Gabba on this website www.outdooraccessorieshop.com and compared to the usual wiggle/chainreaction seems to be a lot cheaper. 111 euro for a short sleeve. Very tempted to get one. Anybody bought from this crowd before?

Anybody try and order from these guys? Tried to pick up a few things and I get an error page each time I try to checkout with MasterCard/Visa (both cards are active and valid)

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    Anybody try and order from these guys? Tried to pick up a few things and I get an error page each time I try to checkout with MasterCard/Visa (both cards are active and valid)

I didn't buy anything yet. Now, I don't know if I ever will... Let me know how you get on please.

I've no idea/experience with them, but I'd say they are fine. Try a Google search and all seems legit from previous buyers. Why dont you give them a call and see what you find?
    Sanden Sports Superstores B.V. trading under the name / names: Sanden Sports Superstores B.V.
    Sanden Sports Superstores B.V.
    Brabantstraat 16, 5408 PS Volkel
    The Netherlands
    Phone: 0031 (0) 413256800
    Access: From Monday / Saturday from 9:30 am to 17:30 pm
    E-mail: info@sandenshop.com
    Chamber of Commerce number: 17184701
    VAT number: NL815290676B01

Dutch Home Shopping Organization Address: PO Box 7001, 6710 CB EDE.

Maybe there's a few Dutch on here who can advise?

Got this response from them:
    There the creditcard is not yet activated…It will take some week from know, as this shop is quite new. Please order it on outdooraccessories.nl (dutch shop).

Otherwise, you can pay in advance.

Our apologies for this inconvenience!

Kind regards,
    Monique
    The site is actually http://www.outdooraccessoires.nl/ and not what she quoted.

The order went trough on the dutch site so new Gabba is hopefully on the way.

Will post back here if/when it arrives

No, you'll be too busy hoping for rain and sh1te weather to go out and enjoy it in ;)

• Advertisement

Got this response from them:

The site is actually http://www.outdooraccessoires.nl/ and not what she quoted.

Everything arrived today so no complaints with the site. Will use them again.

Normally a M in most cycling gear, but I find I need to go to L with the Castelli gear. With that in mind, I ordered L and it fits perfectly.

Now to try it out in the rain..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Cycle Surgery in Snow&Rock in Dundrum have the Castelli Gabba WS long sleeve for €175, which is great value. It feels absolutely fantastic, but I just can't justify the expenditure. Shame.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

No matter how good a jacket is, surely it will get grubby over time? I find that after a certain point, no amount of washing gets them clean. The road spray, grime, oil, shnots, blood, vomit etc. leave their mark. Not to mention tearing by briars, falls, etc. I find that any yellow flourescent parts also fade.

outfox wrote: »
    No matter how good a jacket is, surely it will get grubby over time? I find that after a certain point, no amount of washing gets them clean. The road spray, grime, oil, shnots, blood, vomit etc. leave their mark. Not to mention tearing by briars, falls, etc. I find that any yellow flourescent parts also fade.

So far I've had a strict policy of not vomiting on mine which has worked out quite well thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Then you're not pushing yourself hard enough;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement