Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Colour

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Do we have any fans here? Of course most of you guys will know them for Cult of Personality but their first two albums are brilliant, and the others are good as well. Really under-rated band IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Oh yes indeedy. I tend to look at bands from a bassist's viewpoint, and Living Colour has had two greats. First Muzz Skillings - no slouch, then he left and was replaced by http://www.dougwimbish.com/, a freaking monster whom I already knew from the London scene: On-U Sound, Keith LeBlanc, and the mighty TackHead. Doug joined Living Colour just before Stain, and he's all over that. I just played Ausländer through some decent headphones, and I think I need a drink: :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm not a fan of Time's Up but Stain and last year's The Chair in the Doorway are great albums in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

bnt wrote: »
    Oh yes indeedy. I tend to look at bands from a bassist's viewpoint, and Living Colour has had two greats. First Muzz Skillings - no slouch, then he left and was replaced by http://www.dougwimbish.com/, a freaking monster whom I already knew from the London scene: On-U Sound, Keith LeBlanc, and the mighty TackHead. Doug joined Living Colour just before Stain, and he's all over that. I just played Ausländer through some decent headphones, and I think I need a drink: :pac:

Wimbish is a beast. The whole band is really accomplished musically.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

Just saw ths thread now. Brilliant band. Any chance they'll play Ireland I wonder. There's at least 4 fans here judging by this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They can play in my gaff. Ye can all come. Bring a bottle. And food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Make that 6, loved the first two albums particularly. Must catch up on the later stuff.....

I've only got 5 chairs. You'll have to bring a chair too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I reckon there'd be a few Fishbone fans on this thread.... :)

seachto7 wrote: »
    One at least. I'll need a bigger gaff...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Savage band, debut album is killer with exceptional playing by all. Will Calhoun played Pearl Custom Z's that sounded monster munch. Nearly pulled the trigger on one a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I have been a fan since I bought their debut single and if they played here I would be there at the front of the stage.

endacl wrote: »
    I've only got 5 chairs. You'll have to bring a chair too.

They might have a Chair in the Doorway. Boom boom.

Yup. Different ballgame to Living Colour but also brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

CM Punk really brought them back into mainstream attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Love Fishbone especially their earlier stuff like "Reality of my Surroundings" & "Truth & Soul" albums. :)
    Haven't heard the new Living Colour stuff yet but have the older cds.

Some of the LC stuff reminds me a bit of Fishbone..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

flickarius wrote: »
    Love Fishbone especially their earlier stuff like "Reality of my Surroundings" & "Truth & Soul" albums. :)
    Haven't heard the new Living Colour stuff yet but have the older cds.

I saw them on the Truth and Soul tour and they were mind blowing. Like the Harlem Globetrotters of music. Trumpet, trombone, glass cane, drummer sitting sideways, rasta bassist. Tight as fu@k.
    One of my favourite albums still, listened to it a fortnight ago.

I urge everyone to listen to it especially the cover version of Freddie's Dead.

Anyone who might also like Fishbone. Check out their live dvd from a few years ago from Bordeaux. Rocky George on guitar! Brilliant live album.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nungesser

Vernon Reid is an amazing bad ass guitar player!!!

nungesser wrote: »
    Vernon Reid is an amazing bad ass guitar player!!!

He is indeed. Must check out some albums....

• Advertisement

CM Punk really brought them back into mainstream attention.
    Had to google that. American spandex bash dancer. Or are they still calling themselves 'wrestlers' these days?

:D

Apparently living colour play the button factory in November. Tickets should have gone on sale at 9am today but not available. Surely not sold out already?

Got my ticket. YESSSSSSSS

MOTM wrote: »
    Apparently living colour play the button factory in November. Tickets should have gone on sale at 9am today but not available. Surely not sold out already?

Try tickets.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Cool .... never thought I'd get to see them ... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

What? How did i miss this?

Runs to check availability.

Ticket arrived in the post yesterday! Great service.

Got mine today. So long as the local residents don't object to the 500 concert goers for 1 night in a row. Farth brooks all over again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anybody know who the promoter for this gig is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody know who the promoter for this gig is?
    Maybe you should put quotes around "promoter", given that it's not been advertised anywhere, and folks are finding out about it here ... it's not even on the Button Factory website. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement