Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just finished The Pet Girl of Sakurasou and have to say its a hidden gem, kind of a romance/coming of age drama but really likeable characters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished gurren lagan yesterday,I enjoyed it immensely :-D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching Deadman Wonderland now, very cool so far, I love shiro as a character, she's so cute :o :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just watched the final episode of Hunter x Hunter. Gonna be a very long wait for a new season, if there will ever be one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jamescd wrote: »
    Just watched the final episode of Hunter x Hunter. Gonna be a very long wait for a new season, if there will ever be one :(

Tell me about it, there are only 7-8 chapter published beyond where the anime ends and it took 7-8 years for Togarashi-sensei to complete the Chimaera Arc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

LOL 8 years? I never knew that.. I've been waiting for a long time for the lads to get the finger out and continue with this series. I'd love to see more of the spiders in action and see the members that setup Greed Island or whatever it was called. I watched the remake up to episode 30 or something but I prefer the original!

Lenmeister wrote: »
    LOL 8 years? I never knew that.. I've been waiting for a long time for the lads to get the finger out and continue with this series. I'd love to see more of the spiders in action and see the members that setup Greed Island or whatever it was called. I watched the remake up to episode 30 or something but I prefer the original!

The Chimaera Ant Arc started in October 2003 and wasn't finished until April 2012 spaning 142 chapters, which on the weekly schedule it is supposed to be on should have taken just over 3 years.

Pity Hiatus X Hiatus is once again unsurprisingly on hiatus. Its been on hiatus longer than it has been running at this point.

Started watching Terraformars on Crunchy and dear god, the censorship. If you don't know what the show is about, a group of 100 humans head out on a ship to Mars to harvest a virus that's plaguing Earth. Problem is the 8ft tall humanoid cockroaches that evolved after a failed terraforming project. It is supposedly a very violent manga (
    one guys has his head ripped off
    ) but the main series has giant black borders on screen for any violence, even taking up 2/3rd of the screen at a time.

Now its not the fault of Crunchy or anyone else who would try to stream it, unless you watch it live in Japan it is like this. But after the likes of Attack on Titan and Akame ga Kill in the past few seasons have shown the violence and deaths either up front or very stylishly framed it so they dont show the violence but you get the impact, its really irksome to see such blatant crap on a series that is marketing itself as a big dust up between powerful individuals but not show anything above a punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just watched the new Disney "Star Wars Rebels" anime there. I like the way they cram a fair bit into the 44 minutes, and there's not so much "fabulous landscapes but nothing happening scenes" that I've noticed other Star Wars anime had; they know their audience :P

Will be fun to see how they progress with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Started watching Terraformars on Crunchy and dear god, the censorship.
    I'm not sure if i found the right one. Does one have the bear much before the Mars bit?

• Advertisement

Just finished deadman wonderland, It starts off good but gets kinda strange towards the end and I didn't really understand what was going on,its only 13 episodes too and they failed to tie up some of the things at the end.......gonna give Devil part timer a look now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I'm about half way through Hyouka its the first ever mystery/drama anime I've ever watched and I'm really enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laklaker

Fairy Tale!! one of my favorite anime on all time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Watched Ghost in the Shell yesterday, and Innocence today :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fate/Stay Night alaksjdlkawliujclkamld

tumblr_ndahcxrpMN1tc4t3go1_500.gif

Finished Fate/Zero :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kasumi_Goto

Deadman Wonderland (not for people with faint hearts), Stroke Witches (absolutely hilarious) and Ghost Hunt which is I think my favorite anime. It's both funny and thrilling and has very well developed subplots of ever episode.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Links234 wrote: »
    Finished Fate/Zero :D

Fate/Zero the god

iq60XiODUkubV.gif

Finished Devil part timer , not great tbh, not sure what to watch now, Netflix have added a few new things all subbed.

Have you seen Steins;Gate? :D

• Advertisement

Have you seen Steins;Gate? :D

I haven't but I take it comes links approved :D?

I haven't but I take it comes links approved :D?

One of the best anime shows ever, trust me on that. Watch it subtitled, or you'll seriously miss out on some incredible voice acting, I've seen clips of it dubbed and it's just hideous. It starts a bit slow and takes a bit to get into, but stick with it and you'll have one of the most enjoyable shows out there ;)

Some good shows on this season. Really liking Parasyte and Rage of Bahamut. Also it's nice to have The Seven Deadly Sins fill the hole left by Hunter x Hunter. And of course a new series of Fate/Stay Night. What more can ya ask for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

One of the best anime shows ever, trust me on that. Watch it subtitled, or you'll seriously miss out on some incredible voice acting, I've seen clips of it dubbed and it's just hideous. It starts a bit slow and takes a bit to get into, but stick with it and you'll have one of the most enjoyable shows out there ;)

this all you need to sell stein gate's

pity the ova wasnt that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only got into anime very recently with Attack On Titan, brilliant show.

Was browsing through US Netflix and found Sword Art Online. The basic plot got me interested straight away and it started off great but it seems to have got stuck in the
    Kirito/Asuna lovey dovey stuff
    for about 4 or 5 episodes now so I've dropped that for a while and moved on to Fullmetal Alchemist, about 20 episodes in and I'm loving it.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Psycho-Pass 2, god damn I missed this show. Massive tragedy the original series never got the recognition at the scale of Attack on Titan or Kill la Kill.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Only got into anime very recently with Attack On Titan, brilliant show.

Was browsing through US Netflix and found Sword Art Online. The basic plot got me interested straight away and it started off great but it seems to have got stuck in the
    Kirito/Asuna lovey dovey stuff
    for about 4 or 5 episodes now so I've dropped that for a while and moved on to Fullmetal Alchemist, about 20 episodes in and I'm loving it.

If Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is on there, you should watch that too. Brotherhood follows the manga from beginning to end so I find it the better one out of the two. Both are great shows though so watch both if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Finishing watching Tokyo Ghoul and loving it =)

Hesthea wrote: »
    Finishing watching Tokyo Ghoul and loving it =)

Yeah, it was good will be watching S2 in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Yeah, it was good will be watching S2 in January

Lets hope it is as amazing as this one.

Lately, i seem to not be able to watch anything until its end. Is it my impression or is it losing its spark?

Advertisement