Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest dissapointment of the year?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Played through about 3 chapters of Alan Wake. I don't see the attraction at all. Running away from the shadow clowns isn't scary, it's just annoying. And that's 80% of the game so far. There's a lot wrong with this game, yet it gets a lot of praise. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Played through about 3 chapters of Alan Wake. I don't see the attraction at all. Running away from the shadow clowns isn't scary, it's just annoying. And that's 80% of the game so far. There's a lot wrong with this game, yet it gets a lot of praise. Why?

Couldn't agree more.

Brutal game, totally over-hyped & overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

GOW3

Terrible, farce of a game. ARRRRGH ****ITY ****STICKS IM ANGRY AND RAGE ETC. And bonus points go to whoever designed that ****ting box on a chain level. Well done, ****head.

Heavy Rain

Easily the worst game i played last year. Absolute joke. Youre supposed to care about the characters and story and overlook the incredibly simplistic simon says gameplay, but they might want to have made the characters not **** and the story not completely laughable for that to work

Bayonetta

Just...**** that game. Abysmal ****ing fly me to the moon look at my god damn arse for the 50 millionth time hammer the Y button die inside every time it tries to emulate outrun or space harrier ****ing, woeful, woeful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dead Space on PC. I'd hear such good things about it being an atmospheric game and the scariest thing since AVP2. I was really looking forward to an immersive horror that would scare the bollocks out of me. When I picked it up on Steam for next to nothing I was delighted.

Only to be let down by the horrible PC controls. Sluggish mouse control, limited range of movement, slow slow camera panning.... ugh. I gave up after the first hour. The terrible controls ruined any chance of immersion I had as I was continually fighting them. And if I'm honest, while the buildup wasn't bad at all, the actual necros themselves looked bloody stupid.

Dead Space on PC. I'd hear such good things about it being an atmospheric game and the scariest thing since AVP2. I was really looking forward to an immersive horror that would scare the bollocks out of me. When I picked it up on Steam for next to nothing I was delighted.

Only to be let down by the horrible PC controls. Sluggish mouse control, limited range of movement, slow slow camera panning.... ugh. I gave up after the first hour. The terrible controls ruined any chance of immersion I had as I was continually fighting them. And if I'm honest, while the buildup wasn't bad at all, the actual necros themselves looked bloody stupid.

Disabling v-sync is supposed to improve the mouse control 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Might give that a go, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Of the games i played, Aliens vs Predator is just......ugh.

I mean, several YEARS after Far Cry made gorgeous, believeable open ended jungles ya get a horrible 15 foot wide corridor and then a 50 foot diameter circle with 3 trees as your "hunting ground" as a Predator. And humans spot you stealthed, in a shadowy recess, from the opposite side of the area instantly.

But what do you expect when the game uses the AvP FILMS as canon for the story.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i like OF2.

I played RDR for about 5 hours, and it hasnt been back on since. It just wasnt up to scratch.

folan wrote: »
    i like OF2.

I played RDR for about 5 hours, and it hasnt been back on since. It just wasnt up to scratch.

What an odd thing to say. What were you expecting? And how did it not live up to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

GOW3

Terrible, farce of a game. ARRRRGH ****ITY ****STICKS IM ANGRY AND RAGE ETC. And bonus points go to whoever designed that ****ting box on a chain level. Well done, ****head.

Heavy Rain

Easily the worst game i played last year. Absolute joke. Youre supposed to care about the characters and story and overlook the incredibly simplistic simon says gameplay, but they might want to have made the characters not **** and the story not completely laughable for that to work

Bayonetta

Just...**** that game. Abysmal ****ing fly me to the moon look at my god damn arse for the 50 millionth time hammer the Y button die inside every time it tries to emulate outrun or space harrier ****ing, woeful, woeful game.

... im gonna go ahead and bet you've not even played GOW3, anyone that thinks GOW3 is anything but an excellent game is obviously retarded :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

folan wrote: »

Its a Rockstar game. It takes 5 hours to get through the bloody tutorial levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭mrm

Bayonetta

Thank you. Best review yet! For anyone who wants the game recipe:

1. Take a turd.
    2. Cover it in bling.

And now you have yourself a bling covered turd!

Played Assassins Creed 2 this year. Cut scene heavy exercise in tedium! "Yo, errand boy, go do this 30 second task and return here for a 3 minute cutscene during which I will, eh, find for you another 30 second menial task. (You may switch off your controller now if you wish to save your batteries)". How come that game did not come with an alarm to wake you up for the short sections that required use of the controller? Baffling!

AvP - ok Rebellion, em don't give up the.....oh, that is your day job. Ok, give up the day job.

Dantes Inferno - please contact Darksiders for a demonstration on how to copy good games for the purpose of making good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

I thought Alan Wake was ridiculously overrated tbh but for me the biggest disappointed was by far Crackdown 2. I thought the campaign was just dreadful and the online was abysmal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

What an odd thing to say. What were you expecting? And how did it not live up to that?

i dont know why its odd. It was slow paced. The missions couldnt hold my interest and the story wasnt good. the action was laboured. it wasnt what i expected at all, just not good enough calibre of a game.

Sorry.

also:
    Mr E wrote: »
    Its a Rockstar game. It takes 5 hours to get through the bloody tutorial levels.

I thought it was one of the finest games ever made, and the acting can't be touched. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I thought it was one of the finest games ever made, and the acting can't be touched. Each to their own I suppose.

Couldn't agree more! It was amazing!

Magill wrote: »
    ... im gonna go ahead and bet you've not even played GOW3, anyone that thinks GOW3 is anything but an excellent game is obviously retarded :D

Played it, finished it, loathed it. Juvenile load of bilgewater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Does it matter what year? If it does not then it has to be Frontier: First Encounters. I think I am showing my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

:eek:

If you have a decent spec'd PC there are few better games.

Advertisement