Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Louth Gun shop question.

Options
  • 01-07-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Apart from Top gun sports in Drogheda and Ardee sports, are there any sports shops that sell air rifle pellets in County Louth?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Someone might be able to give you exact details, but incase you don't get an answer. In my signature you'll see links to a list of online shops and list of firearm dealers.

Check the online ones first and failing that check the dealers list and give them a buzz.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And if all else fails, Geoff Cooney in Wilkinstown does air pellets and isn't too far from Louth (it's about 20 minutes down the N51 from the M1).

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

I see Top Gun Sports in Drogheda is closing down , but it says relocating and is just open Saturdays in the current location. Anyone know where its relocating to?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Sparks wrote: »
    And if all else fails, Geoff Cooney in Wilkinstown does air pellets and isn't too far from Louth (it's about 20 minutes down the N51 from the M1).

Just spoke to Geoff on the phone, has no .22 stock at the moment, thanks for suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Try Sports Den in Navan, they will post for €5.00, which ain't bad when you think about fuel and time.
    Scan your fire arms licence and email it off with your order etc and you'll get ammo the next day by courier.

• Advertisement

Try Sports Den in Navan, they will post for €5.00, which ain't bad when you think about fuel and time.
    Scan your fire arms licence and email it off with your order etc and you'll get ammo the next day by courier.

Thanks cookimonster,
    I might take a spin over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

If you have a car a trip to Newry is the best idea great selection of pellets in the shops up there particularly Elite Gun in Newry and Tannyoky Guns in Poyntzpass. Maybe buy a few tins make your trip worthwhile!!

Is Top Gun in Drogheda closing down?? He was a sort of surly individual very expensive for .22lr but handy if you were stuck!

cw67irl wrote: »
    If you have a car a trip to Newry is the best idea great selection of pellets in the shops up there particularly Elite Gun in Newry and Tannyoky Guns in Poyntzpass. Maybe buy a few tins make your trip worthwhile!!!

As ridiculous as this is remember that pellets are classed as ammunition in the south and to buy and bring across the border without an import license is an offence.

Just saying.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Is Top Gun in Drogheda closing down?? He was a sort of surly individual very expensive for .22lr but handy if you were stuck![/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement!

I phoned Smyths in Newry, they have H&N's but I was looking for RWS's, I'll phone the other 2 shops suggested.
    I came across a Spanish company that will delivery to Ireland, (quite cheap) I was surprised because as Cass says, I thought I'd need an import licence.

I thought I'd need an import licence.
    You do.

They will deliver, but an import is needed.

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    You do.

They will deliver, but an import is needed.

I'll give Spain a miss so! I phoned Elite guns in Newry, very helpfull, and they'll have RWS's in stock next week.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I came across a Spanish company that will delivery to Ireland, (quite cheap) I was surprised because as Cass says, I thought I'd need an import licence.

They probably just assumed that Ireland was a sane country. :(

IRLConor wrote: »
    They probably just assumed that Ireland was a sane country. :(

Correct!

The site is all geared up for Irish customers, when prompted to enter your address the county drop down menus are in Irish. But I'm still sticking with Ireland!

I'll give Spain a miss so! I phoned Elite guns in Newry, very helpfull, and they'll have RWS's in stock next week.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Peter won't steer you wrong a sound lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conorRic

Chinese shop in park street dundalk has pellet gun shop out back

conorRic wrote: »
    Chinese shop in park street dundalk has pellet gun shop out back

That's closed I think, and only sold airsoft so not really a gunshop! Definitely wouldn't be able to sell pellets or the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Has topguns number changed
    there doesn't seem to be any answer

Some one said he was restricting his hours or possibly closing/relocating hard to know, What do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Looking to change my gun and wanted to see what he had in stock

Update!

Was in Elite guns and Smyths in Newry this morning, so I'm good to go. Thanks for all the help guys.

• Advertisement

I found smyths a little stand offish to deal with but Peter in Elite couldn't do more for you!

I found smyths a little stand offish to deal with but Peter in Elite couldn't do more for you!

The lady in Smyths was very pleasant and helpfull and Peter was grand as well. I wouldn't put people off going to either.

Must have just been the guy served me in smyths he wouldn't inspire you to go back ! Do they have much of a gun room?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

Has topguns number changed
    there doesn't seem to be any answer

Hes only open Saturdays for the "closing down sale" supposed to be relocating apparently. Very awkward spot he's in at the moment think thats why a lot of lads dont bother going to him.

Must have just been the guy served me in smyths he wouldn't inspire you to go back ! Do they have much of a gun room?

I was just at the counter, wasn't in the gun room.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

Snakezilla wrote: »
    Hes only open Saturdays for the "closing down sale" supposed to be relocating apparently. Very awkward spot he's in at the moment think thats why a lot of lads dont bother going to him.

Did he relocate or close?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Did he relocate or close?

He was initally planning to relocate the firearms end of the business to his house and do away with the fishing gear. He said for the minue he is happy with how the shop is running on Saturday opening only.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

He was initally planning to relocate the firearms end of the business to his house and do away with the fishing gear. He said for the minue he is happy with how the shop is running on Saturday opening only.

Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Advertisement