Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair now charge you again after you paid for your flight ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ryanair actually tried to make it legal to sell 'standing' tickets for their flights.

I'd prefer a standing seat, as most of my flights with Ryanair are only about 40 minutes - especially if it knocked a third of the price off.
    I had to pay £19.98 for a return flight from Birmingham to Dublin for my next trip home. ROBBED!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

The Dublin bus from maynooth at peak times is often full and people have to stand. €3 bus fare standing for an hour. I'd prefer to stand for an hour and get to London for €5. The bus stops/starts/brakes/turns/swerves etc making it uncomfortable. Plane would be far easier. No traffic and only take off and landing would leave you a little unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Getting my hopes up for cheap USA flights.
    Don't worry. Shows in the Aviva in 2015, I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Have anyone else flown with Ryanair literally hundreds of times with zero problems (other than delays that every airline gets), never getting hit with a "hidden charge" and never a problem with the staff? Or is it just me?
    I used to fly about 20 times a year. Never a problem. Just read the bloody web page, don't tick boxes with out reading what you're ticking, bring what they ask you to bring and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Cienciano wrote: »
    Have anyone else flown with Ryanair literally hundreds of times with zero problems (other than delays that every airline gets), never getting hit with a "hidden charge" and never a problem with the staff? Or is it just me?
    Its not just you. I wonder do the whiners all have the same problem taking Dublin Bus? Its the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Finally a little tip for Boardsies, the later you leave the check in the better seats you get. A few people I know who have tried it, and it works. But I am talking about within 12 hours of the flight. Got row 2 and priority boarding going out the last time for free (normally €10).

how do you get free priority boarding? I understand you getting a seat at the front, but why would they give you free priority boarding?

In any case, I would generally not be bothered with it. just means you have to sit with your knees up around your chin for an extra 20-30 minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I wish we could get back to the golden age of flying when it cost a months salary to cross the Irish sea. Ahhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I am pie wrote: »
    I wish we could get back to the golden age of flying when it cost a months salary to cross the Irish sea. Ahhh...
    It only cost a months salary if you booked Super Apex and stayed a Saturday night. But you got breakfast!

It was a golden age, I tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Cienciano wrote: »
    I used to fly about 20 times a year. Never a problem. Just read the bloody web page, don't tick boxes with out reading what you're ticking, bring what they ask you to bring and that's it.

I got caught with an over-weight bag once which cost £30 or so. My fault entirely but it was Christmas, I was home for a couple of weeks and chanced my arm.

I left a brand new jumper on the flight too. It was early morning and I was half asleep. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

stevieob wrote: »
    how do you get free priority boarding? I understand you getting a seat at the front, but why would they give you free priority boarding?

They just chuck it in sometimes- usually if you're randomly assigned a 'premium' seat. It's happened to me a couple of times.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    They just chuck it in sometimes- usually if you're randomly assigned a 'premium' seat. It's happened to me a couple of times.

Fair enough, I would still be last onto the plane...

I just don't see the logic in queing up! I was there last week and people standing in a que for the best part of an hour (delayed) - both in the priority que and the plebs. That was just from when I got there..... god knows how long they were before that. I just found myself a seat and relaxed till they were all gone. I was last through, but still ended up queing down on the tarmac for about 10 mins just to get onto the bloody thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Im loving this new strategy by Ryanair to be honest, means I can go on holidays with the wife and sit at the far end of the plane by myself enjoying my book for an hour or 2 and I can say its not my fault :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Beefy78 wrote: »

Didn't they get rid of priority boarding when they introduced fully assigned seating???

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Didn't they get rid of priority boarding when they introduced fully assigned seating???

Nope...... Defies logic doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,854 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

stevieob wrote: »
    Nope...... Defies logic doesn't it?

Stupidity tax. Judging from this thread, they'll be collecting loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

Overheal wrote: »
    Y'all are smart people so I'll just leave this here

The fastest way is the way Ryanair used to do it. It also had the lowest satisfaction rating unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

however did people manage for the 50 years that there was no self-printing boarding passes and you had to queue when you arrived at the airport to check-in and get allocated a seat. Now you can only do it up to seven days in advance! shocking altogether!! :cool:

anyway, with the ryanair app, I believe you don't need to print out anything

Well that's a bizarre reply seeing as Ryanair will charge you something like 50 euro if you try it. They used to allow check in many weeks in advance, they pared it down specifically for this charge.
    Don't have a smartphone so don't know about any app

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ryanair actually tried to make it legal to sell 'standing' tickets for their flights.
    WilyCoyote wrote: »
    National Inquirer or Globe?

The Guardian actually...

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/feb/28/ryanair-standing-only-plane-tickets-regulator
    They didn't. Michael O'Leary admitted it was one of several proposals that he came up with that he knew were guaranteed to get Ryanair mentioned in the news, despite having no intention to proceed with it.

Fair enough. Didn't know that.

Still though....it has been proposed and not just by him.

Advertisement