Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair now charge you again after you paid for your flight ?

Options
  • 23-09-2014 12:32am

my parents went of on a holiday to Spain today and the day before i did the online check in for them.

then I am asked to pick a seat 5 euro each ? or 10 euro for a bigger seat ?

:confused: how can you pay for a flight then weeks later goes to check in and get charged for seats

how do they get away with this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Don't pick a seat?

54kroc wrote: »
    Don't pick a seat?

it would not let me go through unless I did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Don't pick a seat?

It is that easy. What is aperantly not so easy is reading the screen before paying, to then giving out about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

I know the process you are on about, i checked in online earlier today and even though it asked me to pay for a seat there was an option to just get allocated a random seat at no extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You done goofed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Man up.Pick a seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

my parents went of on a holiday to Spain today and the day before i did the online check in for them.

:confused: how can you pay for a flight then weeks later goes to check in and get charged for seats

You can get a free randomly assigned seat but of course if youre travelling with someone this means you'll both be assigned a different seat and wont be sat together even if you booked the tickets together as i found out a couple of days ago.

So now it's basically a case of if you want to sit together on your flight you'll have to pay extra for the priviledge.Ryanairs latest scam.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Did Dad suggest just the one seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You can get a free randomly assigned seat but of course if youre travelling with someone this means you'll both be assigned a different seat and wont be sat together even if you booked the tickets together as i found out a couple of days ago.

So now it's basically a case of if you want to sit together on your flight you'll have to pay. Ryanairs latest scam.:rolleyes:

I don't think you know what the word scam means to be honest.

Did Dad suggest just the one seat?

mam dad and little brother all went so 15 euro i had to pay :mad: robbing bastards

and they plan 10 euro flights to the USA lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wasn't it advertised as an "extra
    service"a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

For God's sake, they're not charging you twice for your flight.

They're offering SEATS for their prices. It would be the same as purchasing an online Bus Eireann ticket to grab a seat on the bus. But if you want to choose the seat, you've got to pay extra.

If only people read the instructions before purchasing. Yet again, this is a case of the customer making the mistake, not Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mam dad and little brother all went so 15 euro i had to pay :mad: robbing bastards

And yet again you miss the point of choosing unassigned seats, you dont have to pay, you have the choice, but sure have a whinge anyway.

Just because you can't read the website properly doesn't mean they're robbing bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

So now it's basically a case of if you want to sit together on your flight you'll have to pay. Ryanairs latest scam.:rolleyes:

Not true - it assigns you the next available seats. It might have just been the case that there weren't enough seats together or the next available seats weren't together when you checked in, particularly if you left it late. I flew with them 2 weeks ago & my group of four were seated together, as were my parents when they flew a few days later.

Someone posted a detailed description in the Aviation forum on how the allocation works, can't link to the post atm as I'm on my phone though, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

This is not true. Last flight I took I bought the tickets together and the system allocated myself and my partner seats together for no extra charge.

Theres not much Ryanair can do with people who cant read.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

I like to sit by the window so I can look at the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

it would not let me go through unless I did

Was it a 2 week holiday & you were charged for the return? You can check in 7 days in advance for randomly assigned seats (they brought assigned seating in in February this year); you can check in earlier than that if you want to choose seats, which may have been what you did if their return flight was 14 days away at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Bring it on baby, bring it on! :D

Everyone knows Ryanair don't have windows you crazy dreaming fool!

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Everyone knows Ryanair don't have windows you crazy dreaming fool!

Looks like windows to me. But carry on:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ryanaIR+OFFICES+DUBLIN&client=gmail&rls=aso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0MQgVPeJKrT_sASVt4JI&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Don't pick a seat?

Ryanair actually tried to make it legal to sell 'standing' tickets for their flights.

Ryanair actually tried to make it legal to sell 'standing' tickets for their flights.

National Inquirer or Globe?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Don't ever book 11a, for some reason it has no window!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

They didn't. Michael O'Leary admitted it was one of several proposals that he came up with that he knew were guaranteed to get Ryanair mentioned in the news, despite having no intention to proceed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Aerlingus do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I just picked random seats and as the two tickets were purchased together we got seats together. Both on outbound and return flight no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Del2005 wrote: »
    Don't ever book 11a, for some reason it has no window!

I got that seat before. Was so happy to get a window seat.

A ****ing wall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Waah waaah big bad Ryanair. Every airline does this, either pay extra for a seat of your choice or sit where they put you for free. But sure any excuse for another whinge about Ryaniar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Tell them to pick a hand for free and whichever hand they pick, extend your fisted hand and slowly raise your middle finger.

Advertisement