Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder hate crime (blacks kill whites)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Help!!!! wrote: »
    No but you did say
    "Racism puts black people in poverty which leads to crime. Its fairly straightforward"

So does it put other races in poverty as well??

It can do, depending on the circumstances, as can sectarianism.
    Are you black or have you lived amongst black people?

I am white, and have known a few "black people" over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Nodin wrote: »

I lived in the U.K. for many years & have found that when things don't go their way they like to use the race card a lot more than other races

I lived in the U.K. for many years & have found that when things don't go their way they like to use the race card a lot more than other races

Not seeing where you're going with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Being obtuse eh?

The history of the Jewish people is vastly and substantially different to that of African Americans.

I suspect that you know this full well, and are being "difficult" to derail the discussion.

So again, you are arguing now against your own argument. The simple argument you put forward was ""Racism puts black people in poverty which leads to crime. Its fairly straightforward"" and "Racism=poverty=crime".
    Are you saying that black people react differently to racism than Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

I'm quite surprised by the amount of passion and vitriol in these posts considering that ireland has such a small black population and hardly any african american expats.
    As a black american I can say that racism in the US is a lot more complicated than hate crimes and police brutality.
    There has been a 400 year old system of inequality that put black Americans on the bottom(and still do)
    Black Americans have preserved and and left a cultural mark that is known globally in spite of the boots on our necks. My ancestors were very successful and so are my parents but they had to have twice the education and experience of their non black colleagues.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    So again, you are arguing now against your own argument. The simple argument you put forward was ""Racism puts black people in poverty which leads to crime. Its fairly straightforward"" and "Racism=poverty=crime".

When Jews first arrived in the states they were forced to live in ghettoes and formed some of the most brutal gangs in the history of the US.

I'm saying that Jewish history is markedly different and I'm not going down a pointless Rabbit hole.

When Jews first arrived in their states they were forced to live in ghettoes and formed some of the most brutal gangs in the history of the US.

This is of course true. Irish and Italians were also know for their gangs. They were not welcomed with open arms at all and suffered systematic racism. Yet, over time they prospered...

Today Jews have the highest household income in the entire USA. How then have they managed to be so successful over the course of time?

This is of course true. Irish and Italians were also know for their gangs. They were not welcomed with open arms at all and suffered systematic racism. Yet, over time they prospered...

Today Jews have the highest household income in the entire USA. How then have they managed to be so successful over the course of time?

Strong community and no institutional racism or in this case institutional anti semitism. The american class/racial structure wasn't designed to specifically oppress them. The Jewish community is VERY vocal in silencing any form of anti semitism(as they should be).
    Our politicians can't even mention the numerous human rights violations that occur in Israel without being labeled an anti Semite

I'm saying that Jewish history is markedly different and I'm not going down a pointless Rabbit hole.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

So black Americans are the same as black Britons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Michael Brown was shot at 6 times from behind, 35 feet away from the police car. He was fleeing and unarmed. He was not a fugitive. The officer had no right to kill him. It was murder.

No he was not. The autopsy showed that all the bullets were shot from his front. But we don't hear that correction from the mainstream media. What we also don't hear about is the police officer's broken eye socket. I wonder how he got that?

I'm not saying anyone deserved to die, but why is the media afraid to print the facts?

Strong community and no institutional racism or in this case institutional anti semitism. The american class/racial structure wasn't designed to specifically oppress them. The Jewish community is VERY vocal in silencing any form of anti semitism(as they should be).
    Our politicians can't even mention the numerous human rights violations that occur in Israel without being labeled an anti Semite

Much of that is correct, whereby proves my point that the simplistic nonsense that some people argue (racism = poverty = crime ) still holds sway to the more naive and usually have an agenda. There are many factors at play, including one which you allude to, community or in other words culture. Jews have always been fiercely community oriented people, have a deep value for education and a very strong work ethic.

Polices pursued by the state even now have also damaged the black community a great deal even when a lot of these polices were designed to help them. These policies well meaning and sincere at the times have actually contributed to damage their incomes, wealth and educational levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

You are arguing against yourself.

You were saying previously it was all so very simple, now you are mitigating that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Reformed Character

You mean when discriminated against, they have the temerity to complain?:eek:

Ush1 wrote: »
    You are arguing against yourself.

You were saying previously it was all so very simple, now you are mitigating that.

In reference to the condition of the African Americans, it is fairly straightforward. Of course when you don't suddenly want to converse about them, and perhaps bring up caste in India as a comparison, things become either more complicated or completely ridiculous.

You mean when discriminated against, they have the temerity to complain?:eek:

Nope I'll give you an example:

I was walking home with a bag of beers when a man came up to me & asked me to give him one ( he already stank of beer & his eyes were glazed over )
    I said NO & his reply was " Is it because you don't like the black man "
    Now I didn't care what colour he was I wasn't giving away a beer that I had worked all week for & looking forward to enjoying & his reply really pissed me off

I've seen it happen in shops/fast food restaurants etc

So black Americans are the same as black Britons ?

No of course not, the same as black/Irish are not the same as black Americans or British

In reference to the condition of the African Americans, it is fairly straightforward. Of course when you don't suddenly want to converse about them, and perhaps bring up caste in India as a comparison, things become either more complicated or completely ridiculous.

Yes and this case is very simply a case of racism against white people.

O dear jesus. Did you read the thread?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Yes.

You realise it wasn't a mob of 400 who killed the lad etc?

You realise it wasn't a mob of 400 who killed the lad etc?

What are you suggesting?

What are you suggesting?

I'm wondering if you're familiar with what happened as opposed to the nonsense in the OP.

I'm wondering if you're familiar with what happened as opposed to the nonsense in the OP.

I'd imagine I'm as familiar as you, since I'm guessing neither one of us was there and have just read reports.

Now, are we going anywhere with this?

I'd imagine I'm as familiar as you, since I'm guessing neither one of us was there and have just read reports.

Now, are we going anywhere with this?

Only one person was killed. The only sources appearing to offer a racist motive as opposed to drunken thuggery are far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This is worth watching in it's entirety.

Only one person was killed. The only sources appearing to offer a racist motive as opposed to drunken thuggery are far right.

Ah just the one so. Predictable. Would you say it was racist if four hundred white people were there and one of four black people was killed by members of the white group?

I mean, clearly the guys who dragged James Byrd Junior were just thugs, not racists, the only evidence of racism is the liberal media.

Ah just the one so. Predictable. Would you say it was racist if four hundred white people were there and one of four black people was killed by members of the white group?

You know that not all 400 attacked? That they were helped by some black people?

You know that not all 400 attacked? That they were helped by some black people?

Yes I do. Again, what does that have to do with the price of fish? Not all black people are racist, his attackers likely were however.

• Advertisement

Yes I do. Again, what does that have to do with the price of fish? Not all black people are racist, his attackers likely were however.

Is there any evidence of that outside of the right wing/racist internet news sites though?

Advertisement