Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Jingle Bells 5k beers!

Options
  • 22-11-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

So was wondering would anyone have interest in an A/R beers? Last year it was held on the same day as the Jingle Bells 5k which worked out well so maybe the same day (06/12/14) would work this year as well. I know that the Waterford 1/2 is the same day and some people are running that so maybe the day is not ideal. But there should be a good few running the JB 5k so maybe those interested could meet up for a few beers after the race? We met in Ryan's last year which is near the park for a few drinks and some food and it was good fun. So if you're interested stick your name below!

Interested

pconn062

EDIT: So this is not an official A/R beers, just a thread for anyone interested in meeting up for a few scoops after the JB 5k on the 6/12/14.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

pconn062 wrote: »
    So was wondering would anyone have interest in an A/R beers? Last year it was held on the same day as the Jingle Bells 5k which worked out well so maybe the same day (06/12/14) would work this year as well. I know that the Waterford 1/2 is the same day and some people are running that so maybe the day is not ideal. But there should be a good few running the JB 5k so maybe those interested could meet up for a few beers after the race? We met in Ryan's last year which is near the park for a few drinks and some food and it was good fun. So if you're interested stick your name below!

Interested

pconn062

Yeh that day suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

All things going well, I should be up for this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Interested

pconn062

FYI that wasn't last year's xmas beers, we went to the Palace on Fleet St, meeting around 8pm until very late. It was great craic and there were about 15 of us I think.

6th Doesn't suit me this year, as you say a crowd of us are heading down to waterford and having a night out down there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Interested

pconn062
    yaboya1
    Chivito50

menoscemo wrote: »
    FYI that wasn't last year's xmas beers, we went to the Palace on Fleet St, meeting around 8pm until very late. It was great craic and there were about 15 of us I think.

6th Doesn't suit me this year, as you say a crowd of us are heading down to waterford and having a night out down there...

Jeez meno, pedantic much??! ;) It's the only part of the beers that I was on so that's why I mentioned it. It was people from here having beers so that's good enough for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Saturday 13th, Palace Fleet St for evening beers anyone?

6th during the day doesn't suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Jeez meno, pedantic much??! ;) It's the only part of the beers that I was on so that's why I mentioned it. It was people from here having beers so that's good enough for me!

Last year we had polls for dates
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057074490
    and polls for venues
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057082001

T'was all very democratic :pac:

Last year we had polls for dates
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057074490
    and polls for venues
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057082001

T'was all very democratic :pac:

Yes, forgot about that. OK will edit thread title (sorry Meno).

In situations like this the person organising needs to go down the dictator route and pick the date. Those who can make that date can, those who can't cant. Doing the whole "what day suits everyone" thing results in division and about 10 different days on the table for consideration. A headache.

In any case, I'm good for the 6th. Away the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Interested

pconn062
    yaboya1
    Chivito50
    career move

Sure go on may as well join ye :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Sounds good, I'm right round the corner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Might not make the national novice so will go if so...I hear pconn is sticking around 'till late' for this one...long day for all. Just like old times! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

might join yis for one, before meeting up with an altogether better class of people for a proper party later :)
    Presume there's a raid on the cake table in Donore first?
    Would a pub in Chapelizod be handier?

Might not make the national novice so will go if so..I hear pconn is sticking around 'till late' for this one...long day for all. Just like old times! :pac:

Not sure where you heard that! If we are in the pub from 1 after the race, 6pm is going to be pretty late! :pac:
    RayCun wrote: »
    might join yis for one, before meeting up with an altogether better class of people for a proper party later :)
    Presume there's a raid on the cake table in Donore first?
    Would a pub in Chapelizod be handier?

Cake, absolutely (especially if RQ is making chocolate biscuit cake and doesn't bail like last year!).

I'm open to any venue, don't know the area at all so whatever you guys think suits me! Ryan's was just handy last year as you could get some nice food in it as well.

I was planning to take the day off on the 5th to spend the day baking but I missed the boat on that :(

edit: However, I plan to have CBC, brownies and cookies (my three specialities) since they can all be made in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Sounds good.

Interested

pconn062
    yaboya1
    Chivito50
    career move
    slap/dash
    ?RacoonQueen?
    RayCun
    cianc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'm open to any venue, don't know the area at all so whatever you guys think suits me! Ryan's was just handy last year as you could get some nice food in it as well.

Haven't been in either, but we could get Joycean in
    http://www.pubsdirect.ie/themullingarhouse

or stick to the marathon route
    http://www.thebridgeinnchapelizod.com/

RayCun wrote: »
    Haven't been in either, but we could get Joycean in
    http://www.pubsdirect.ie/themullingarhouse

or stick to the marathon route
    http://www.thebridgeinnchapelizod.com/

Either look good to me, what does everyone else think? Have any preferences?

Not the bridge inn anyway...mullingar house would be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Not the bridge inn anyway...mullingar house would be grand

I'll be in waterford so can't attend but you would be mad to stray from Ryan's. Sure you can get a bus at donore to drop you outside if the walk is too far (pussies). Mullingar house is ok but will be lacking atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm intrested in beers on the 6th anyway...

Either look good to me, what does everyone else think? Have any preferences?

The bridge inn is closed.

I've found the food at Nancy hands very good

I'll be in waterford so can't attend but you would be mad to stray from Ryan's. Sure you can get a bus at donore to drop you outside if the walk is too far (pussies). Mullingar house is ok but will be lacking atmosphere.

Must admit that Ryan's would be my preference too (for selfish reasons, it's easier for me to get back into the city from there to make my way home). Maybe a poll with a few options is the fairest way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I think we should stick with Ryans. We jogged down there last year and it was a great way to get a cool down done and it's nice in there and the food is good and if I want to get the train it's very handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

+1 for Ryans. No point complicating things. Democracy is overrated :)

Mullingar house is closer to my house...

No polls please. Pick venue. No drama that way. :)

Someone post a poll there to wreck Chivito's head...

• Advertisement

Someone post a poll there to wreck Chivito's head...

Maybe a poll to see if we should put up a poll??

So, Ryan's then??!

Advertisement