Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Donman I was just going to message you with that haha

How early is early I wonder ?

Lol.Sorry Trackerjacker.

Well,purely my speculation on it,but I reckon March,at the earliest.I reckon it will depend on when they have a slot.They may already know that by now.The best way we have of knowing for sure is,when word starts for Medicals.I reckon,when Medicals start,we could be looking at 8-12 weeks from that,unless they get the numbers quick for a class,which could start earlier.Given ongoing Fulltime intakes,they may not be in a position to take classes earlier.The best we can hope for is that people start getting called for Medicals,and we know then,that things are on the move.

Now,I will say,I've learned to take things I see and hear with a pinch of salt,until i've 100% confirmation first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

donman wrote: »
    Lol.Sorry Trackerjacker.

Well,purely my speculation on it,but I reckon March,at the earliest.I reckon it will depend on when they have a slot.They may already know that by now.The best way we have of knowing for sure is,when word starts for Medicals.I reckon,when Medicals start,we could be looking at 8-12 weeks from that,unless they get the numbers quick for a class,which could start earlier.Given ongoing Fulltime intakes,they may not be in a position to take classes earlier.The best we can hope for is that people start getting called for Medicals,and we know then,that things are on the move.

Now,I will say,I've learned to take things I see and hear with a pinch of salt,until i've 100% confirmation first.

I'd agree with you there , can't see it being January or February unless medicals get done next month or early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 limerick53

I'd agree with you there , can't see it being January or February unless medicals get done next month or early December.

hi all is it ok to ask what stage people at? had interview sept ,returned my br form ( dates missing etc) no word yet,waiting on medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Had sergeant meeting a few weeks back now waiting on Super meeting

Had sergeant meeting a few weeks back now waiting on Super meeting

hope went well. hope u hear soon

• Advertisement

I currently have local station (Sergeant & Super) interviews done.Vetting is the next obstacle,again to be done.This is where the long wait begins.Depending on the information on your BR Form,it will be fairly quick (if that's the right word),or extremely slow.If you have relatives in other countries,or you have lived in other countries,then this is going to hold back your application.Be prepared for a wait with vetting.Until your vetting clears,you will not be contacted to go forward for the Medical.

I see some of you mentioning about the BR being sent back to you for additional information.If you've sent it back,and have heard nothing,then sounds like everything is all fine.To put your mind at ease,just contact HRM,to confirm they have it and that everything is in order.

thanks donman..will ring tomorrow etc to see what the latest is

limerick53 wrote: »
    thanks donman..will ring tomorrow etc to see what the latest is

No probs.Best of luck in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

I had my Sergeant and Super interview this evening..Went really well.Just went through my application form and previous addresses and so on and asked why I wanted to join.After that,the Super said he will send my forms off tomorrow morning back to HQ for processing.Both were 100% sound and wasnt like an interview,just a character check and face to face chat.They said it shouldn’t be too long before medical will go ahead but I’d say it’ll be new year before training starts.

jb969665 wrote: »
    I had my Sergeant and Super interview this evening..Went really well.Just went through my application form and previous addresses and so on and asked why I wanted to join.After that,the Super said he will send my forms off tomorrow morning back to HQ for processing.Both were 100% sound and wasnt like an interview,just a character check and face to face chat.They said it shouldn’t be too long before medical will go ahead but I’d say it’ll be new year before training starts.[/quote

hi good to hear all went well ! what county u hopin to work in ? best if luck with the process

• Advertisement

I had my Sergeant and Super interview this evening..Went really well.Just went through my application form and previous addresses and so on and asked why I wanted to join.After that,the Super said he will send my forms off tomorrow morning back to HQ for processing.Both were 100% sound and wasnt like an interview,just a character check and face to face chat.They said it shouldn’t be too long before medical will go ahead but I’d say it’ll be new year before training starts.[/quote

hi good to hear all went well ! what county u hopin to work in ? best if luck with the process

hi all , anyone have any info on reserve training I.e how is it rolled out? over weekends? and for how long?

Hi,I’m hoping to work in Offaly area..Might be Portlaoise though I’m not sure.Depends on the needs I’d say

Hi,I’m hoping to work in Offaly area..Might be Portlaoise though I’m not sure.Depends on the needs I’d say

best of luck ! hopefully u get where u want

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi everyone, had my garda reserve interview yesterday, when would you think I will hear results? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

vardy98 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, had my garda reserve interview yesterday, when would you think I will hear results? Thanks.

You should hear from them by Friday, good luck 🀞🀞

2016claire wrote: »
    You should hear from them by Friday, good luck 🀞🀞

how did it go vardy?

how did it go vardy?[/quote]

I really don't no, it wasn't easy but I just hope I done enough to get through but I have ml a bad feeling about it, I don't think it was great.

Anyone on hear ever fail the reserve interview or no someone who did?

vardy98 wrote: »
    how did it go vardy?

I really don't no, it wasn't easy but I just hope I done enough to get through but I have ml a bad feeling about it, I don't think it was great.[/quote]

think everyone feels that way after interview,I honestly felt that way when I came out after interview! and the more I thought about it..the more convinced I was I didnt pass or make a good impression!

• Advertisement

hi all , anyone have any info on reserve training I.e how is it rolled out? over weekends? and for how long?

Hi limerick53,
    It's going to be difficult to say how Training will be done this time round.Previously when the Reserves started,it was done over weekends,but it then changed to 2 days-2 full weeks and 2 days at the end.So,14 days in total.Given ongoing Fulltime Recruitment,it may,and only may revert back to the old way of weekends.We will not exactly know,until information comes from them,or those who do the Medicals,will know what the Training process will be.It's all down to wait and see i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

Hi all where's everyone at, I just called called for meeting with local sergeant

Jamie83 wrote: »
    Hi all where's everyone at, I just called called for meeting with local sergeant

how long were you waiting since you did the stage 2?

sorry i meant to say congrats,

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

Stage 2 was in may so 4 months

Hi guys, I passed my stage 2 interview last Saturday, how long will medical be, I need to loose anot her stone to pass the bmi test, any advice very much appreciated. Thanks

congrads vardy98.. waiting on medical..still trapped in the whole br form situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Added some of my views for what they are worth. They may have changed the format for the interview since I did it (8 years ago) but they should stick to the script.

Remember they will assessing you from the moment you step in the door so few things to remember,

1. Walk in confidently
    2. Introduce yourself by name.
    3. Shake each panel member by the hand and keep eye contact ( their name should be written in front of them)
    4. Use first names for the civilians but address the garda member by his/her title ( Inspector , Superintendent etc)
    5. Don’t take a seat until they offer you one
    6. Take your time
    7. Answer the questions directly , don’t waffle
    8. If you don’t understand the question , ask them to repeat it
    9. Drink the water , your throat will get dry because you are nervous and it will give you time to compose yourself and think
    10. Make sure you are dressed smartly , hair combed , clean finger nails etc
    11. Keep your hands on your lap in front of you (don’t be waving them all over the place)
    12. At the end of the interview they will ask if you have any questions Have one at least……. E.G how long will the process take in order to progress to the next stage / will you be notified by email/ letter or phone call etc
    13. Last but not least you want to leave them with an excellent impression , so before leaving , shake each one by the hand and thank them for their time and for the wonderful opportunity to attend for interview. You need to stand out from the other 50 or so applicants they will see or have seen on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

The interview should be treated like any job interview, arrive on time, groomed and appropriately dressed. The panel will introduce themselves and give background to the process and tell you what they are looking for. I didn't drink the water, even though they mentioned it was there. I actually thought it might be a test as in; would you drink something that somebody you didn't know poured for you?

Anyway, mine was successful and I'm in limbo waiting on next steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Tazium wrote: »
    The interview should be treated like any job interview, arrive on time, groomed and appropriately dressed. The panel will introduce themselves and give background to the process and tell you what they are looking for. I didn't drink the water, even though they mentioned it was there. I actually thought it might be a test as in; would you drink something that somebody you didn't know poured for you?

Anyway, mine was successful and I'm in limbo waiting on next steps.

A Test in drinking the water ...so funny ...You really thought that ..must have been really nervous

Advertisement