Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage..making a tool of himself as usual.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I never got the huge amount of hate for this guy, I've never seen him on the streets though, I'm watching youtube clips and i seen some of the show on rte, and he seemed good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Have to say I love the Savage Eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jelliskite

Each to there own opinion of course but a TV show is a lot different than a live show.

The reason I am so surprised he is still on the circuit is due to the first and last time I seen him in the International bar... Very few people laughed for his whole set and he got increasingly frustrated.. then towards the end of his set he started to pick on the only black person in the audience and made lewd and unfunny comments about being black and being a woman. At this stage people started to leave including myself. Not cause I was personally offended more for the fact it was unfunny and unintelligent comedy. He was not asked back to headline the second show that night.

I have said enough about this wannabe :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭McNulty737

Its incredible how sensitive and politically correct the country is! I'm not a fan of this guy, however i would agree with him that a) Big brothers do tend to kick this **** out of their little brothers. its not child abuse its just human nature - i should know i had two older brothers :(.....and b) i would never ever trust a priest around my children - its to do with that whole huge paedophile ring in case ya were wondering.

Irish radio is so incredibly boring and all the hosts are politically correct zombies. Try listening to some radio in america, for example someone like howard stern or some of the bible freaks bashing homosexuality. Its called an alternative view, which we grown ups are supposed to be allowed to listen to and decide whether or not we like it.

P.s before the PC brigade come along, i am in now way homophobic and do not endorse bible freaks bashing homosexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

McNulty737 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of this guy

neither am i, he's a cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jelliskite

Its incredible how sensitive and politically correct the country is! HAHAHA Not sure were you live but I see and experience the opposite in the last 10years.
    We had a transvestite bingo quiz show on during the day at one stage. :eek:

He is just a crap example of somebody trying to be controversial you hear him for 5 mins and ok he's vulgar he takes the piss out of people, I know loads of people in general life or in the pub who take the piss out of each other in a far funnier way than this guy :-)

In regards to American radio, we are saturated with American culture all we listen to is manufactured amaerican pop music, big budget souless American movies and eat American corperate take away food. Culteraly American has a lot to offer but majority of what we are force fed is dreadful.

Happy Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Never really heard much of his stuff when he was in the streets, but I thought The Savage Eye was the best thing RTÉ have shown since Father Ted. He might be completely ****e at stand up and live gigs, but it was a long time before I laughed out loud at any of RTÉ's 'homegrown' programming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Never really hard much of his stuff when he was in the streets, but I thought The Savage Eye was the best thing RTÉ have shown since Father Ted.

Father Ted was originally aired on Channel 4*.

*I'm assuming you didn't know that, unless you think the Savage Eye is the best TV show of the last 15 years, which would be frightening tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

mcsavage is one dublins funnier comedians

He really isn't. He's a complete twat who thinks slagging off people makes him funny. the only good thing about "The Savage Eye" was that he probably thinks he doesn't have to shill himself at the top of Grafton Street any more, the alco gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

davyjose wrote: »
    Father Ted was originally aired on Channel 4*.

*I'm assuming you didn't know that, unless you think the Savage Eye is the best TV show of the last 15 years, which would be frightening tbh
    Actually I did know that, and I was referring to tv shows they have shown, not made. That does seem scary now that I think of it.....I guess I should have specified it to shows that RTÉ have produced in some way. Most of their programming is absolute ****e anyway. Anything that does do well, slowly gets ruined once they realise they have a hit. I long for the good old days of Blizzard of Odd and the like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement