Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

H1Z1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness, this is so optional, its even painful.
    You want to play game right now? Pay 20eu, which will translate in to currency for you to buy stuff later on.
    You want to play, but dont want to play unfinished product - just wait for it to be launched for free.
    You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But you don't have to pay the €20... You will be able to play the game for free when its released.

DayZ on the other hand forces you to pay €24 just to test the game. Also the devs have said that any micro transactions will be mostly cosmetic stuff. here's a quote from a dev -

They've basically said numerous times that its not pay to win.

"DayZ on the other hand forces you to pay €24 just to test the game" ... Just to test the game ?? and play it forever with all future content included, with the 24e being a reduced price then what it will be come release. 50e/60e. (something along the line of arma3 pricing)

We can only hope h1z1 will not be pay2win 2 years down the line, only time will tell. But the simple fact of the matter is, these guys are charging people 20e to alpha test a free2play game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Still dont see your point dude. All im saying is it could take years to become actually "Free2Play", until then they charge people 20e with Microtransactions.

Just don't buy it then. You're making too big of a fuss. There are MMOs out there that charge for yearly subscriptions of 50euro, along with microtransactions, those are the ones you need to go complain about.

In fairness, this is so optional, its even painful.
    You want to play game right now? Pay 20eu, which will translate in to currency for you to buy stuff later on.
    You want to play, but dont want to play unfinished product - just wait for it to be launched for free.
    You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free.

oh man, thats laughable "You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free"

The way people are being conditioned these days. We should be paid to test their game, not the other way around...

oh man, thats laughable "You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free"

The way people are being conditioned these days. We should be paid to test their game, not the other way around...

The beauty of living in a free world. It might sound shocking and you should sit down, because it will blow your MIND. Ready? Here it goes:

"If you dont want to test their game for them, dont pay any money and dont buy the product".

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Still dont see your point dude. All im saying is it could take years to become actually "Free2Play", until then they charge people 20e with Microtransactions.
    If you had any clue about other Sony games, then you would know this will not be the case. Planetside 2 is a prime example of this. Testing period was about 2-3 months if I remember (alpha phase), then you could pay to support the game (about €40 at the time, which I paid) in beta, and I got sh!t tonnes of unique stuff for doing so.

I don't see H1Z1 being any different.
    We should be paid to test their game, not the other way around...
    Now that's just silly. It sounds good in theory and you'd imagine that's what should happen, but that's not how game releases work.

Just don't buy it then. You're making too big of a fuss. There are MMOs out there that charge for yearly subscriptions of 50euro, along with microtransactions, those are the ones you need to go complain about.

I love the genre, and will probably end up buying it, provided it doesnt bomb.
    And if the game took off like wild fire, we could very well see a subscription fee on full release.

The beauty of living in a free world. It might sound shocking and you should sit down, because it will blow your MIND. Ready? Here it goes:

"If you dont want to test their game for them, dont pay any money and dont buy the product".

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

But i would love to test their game, But get this (you might want to stand up so you can jump up and down) Paying to test their game is backwards.

But i would love to test their game, But get this (you might want to stand up so you can jump up and down) Paying to test their game is backwards.

You looking it from different angle. You pay for ability to play game right now, right here in what ever state it is at that point. With nothing hidden and on display. When you pay your 20eu, you should know what you getting.
    I would not even called it " pay for early access to support developer " as it is not a small indy dev, who just starts out. I gladly payed for Rust Early access, because it helped out developer and I want to support them for doing such a fantastic job. They got so much support, that it just backfired on them, but thats another story.

If you feel, that you are being ****ed over, then you are completely free not to pay any money and wait for all those other "losers", who payed 20eu to test game for you.

• Advertisement

You looking it from different angle. You pay for ability to play game right now, right here in what ever state it is at that point. With nothing hidden and on display. When you pay your 20eu, you should know what you getting.
    I would not even called it " pay for early access to support developer " as it is not a small indy dev, who just starts out. I gladly payed for Rust Early access, because it helped out developer and I want to support them for doing such a fantastic job. They got so much support, that it just backfired on them, but thats another story.

If you feel, that you are being ****ed over, then you are completely free not to pay any money and wait for all those other "losers", who payed 20eu to test game for you.

Why are you quoting "losers" ?, i never called you a loser. Ridiculous

Edit,
    And out of curiosity, have sony ever charged an entry fee before to test one of their free2play games ?

Why are you quoting "losers" ?, i never called you a loser. Ridiculous

8eql8.png

Edit,
    And out of curiosity, have sony ever charged an entry fee before to test one of their free2play games ?

You seemed to have conveniently missed my post.

8eql8.png

Cat got your tongue ?

Sry, this thread is moving fast, im trying to reply to 2 people simultaneously:cool:

edit, sry 3 people

Cat got your tongue ?

No, I just dont want to continue to debate with you, because you just getting pissed off, just for the sake of being pissed off. You just ignore, the actual IDEA of what they trying to do with early access.

• Advertisement

Ok, you said "Planetside 2 is a prime example of this. Testing period was about 2-3 months if I remember (alpha phase), then you could pay to support the game (about €40 at the time, which I paid) in beta"

Was this an optional fee ?

No, I just dont want to continue to debate with you, because you just getting pissed off, just for the sake of being pissed off. You just ignore, the actual IDEA of what they trying to do with early access.

Not really pissed off, but when you imply im calling testers "losers", ill call you on it.

"If you feel, that you are being ****ed over, then you are completely free not to pay any money and wait for all those other "losers", who payed 20eu to test game for you."

whatever dude.

Was this an optional fee ?

Yes, it was either that or wait until it was released. I got a crap load of camos and some extra weapons for paying.

Yes, it was either that or wait until it was released. I got a crap load of camos and some extra weapons for paying.

Ok.

And im not trying to argue with with you 3. ill simmer down now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was free access to it pre-release but buying the €40 pack gave access to every stage and a load of in-game cash and other stuff, it's likely be the same here.

If you want to play it before the full release you'll have a choice of begging at ever twitter/facebook/ect giveaway for a code that may only work for a set time frame (alpha, beta, beta 2?) or buying this.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    There was free access to it pre-release but buying the €40 pack gave access to every stage and a load of in-game cash and other stuff, it's likely be the same here.

Yes, that was it - thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Well, so far I am not impressed by the game.
    To be fair, I would love to see more of Stalker style games and less of DayZ/Rust. I want to be afraid of seeing a zombie, not charge into them with knuckles and hatchets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Don't see why people are moaning about the early access thing. If you don't like it, just wait ? This is common place with these F2P games, just accept it.

In the majority of cases you get ingame currency or items in exchange anyway, so its not like you're only paying to "test" their game.

Short video showcasing zombies: http://twitpic.com/e23akk

He said that isn't a lot of zombies, that's a sunday stroll.

edit: new trailer also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-aBYPYSYw

There'll be a 12 hour stream on Tuesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Streaming the game again now, its just starting. /h1z1

Can not wait for this game to come out!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Same, it looks fecking class!!

Im sold on this, just watched half hour of nighttime gameplay and it looks fooking deadly.

Live radio steam on twitch now http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Bah, missed that^

Anything interesting?

I thought it was class! It was a radio broadcast telling the back story of the H1Z1 virus through various interviews with "survivors". Reminded me of "World War Z" (The Book) Enjoyed the whole thing, hopefully they get that sort of story into the game world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Big fan of Brooks' WWZ. Must look out for a DL of that broadcast so.

Dair. wrote: »
    Big fan of Brooks' WWZ. Must look out for a DL of that broadcast so.

http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1/c/4260821

For anyone that missed the stream, just about to watch it now myself! http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1/c/4294883

Was pretty interesting, can't wait to find one of the pre build compounds & start building up a base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Still no ETA on the early access will be giving this a shot indeed. play 7 days to die a fair bit but no one else seems to and this looks like a more advanced version of that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Watched about 4 hours of most recent streams, this could actually turn out to be a good game. Might even grab an early alpha when it comes out in hopes to see some love for AMD CPUs. But I have my doubts, since it's the same engine PS2 uses.

It still looks really barebones at the moment so I'm hoping they'll hold off releasing it for another while otherwise it'll just give people a bad first impression of it.

• Advertisement

raymix wrote: »
    Watched about 4 hours of most recent streams, this could actually turn out to be a good game. Might even grab an early alpha when it comes out in hopes to see some love for AMD CPUs. But I have my doubts, since it's the same engine PS2 uses.

You should try planetside 2 again, there's been a lot of performance patches for it in the last few months.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gameplay stream - http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Official E3 Demo:

Looks great, can't wait to check this out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

WTF is with the random deer at 4:48....place on a pylon on top of the bridge...haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Looking very nice indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Meh. Should I be impressed with IPhone clones from China aswell? No respect for copy-cats. Day-Z 4ever!!

• Advertisement

Snow looks good too
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/483728271578648576/photo/1
    Meh. Should I be impressed with IPhone clones from China aswell? No respect for copy-cats. Day-Z 4ever!!

I'd rather a game that actually works.

I love base building, reminds me so much of Rust. And thats a VERY GOOD thing.

When are they planing releasing alpha? I thought it was supposed to come out few weeks ago.

I love base building, reminds me so much of Rust. And thats a VERY GOOD thing.

When are they planing releasing alpha? I thought it was supposed to come out few weeks ago.

The plan was a few weeks ago, but afaik they changed their minds and wanted a larger feature set before going into alpha. Which is a good thing imo. Releasing it with little features will only give people a bad first impression.

The plan was a few weeks ago, but afaik they changed their minds and wanted a larger feature set before going into alpha. Which is a good thing imo. Releasing it with little features will only give people a bad first impression.

True. It needs to be at playable state for Alpha, not just a tech Demo.

Has anyone seen any ladders in this, there's none in planetside 2 as far as I can remember.

The only real method for escaping zombies and DayZ will kill you with them and H1Z1 won't even even give you a chance for a unexplained death screen or laggy fall.

With SOE taking control over the EU server side again, I'm looking forward to this now as I can get the alpha (price dependant) without too much to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement