Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman - Arkham Knight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Keno wrote: »
    £37 on Amazon currently.

€46, sure one can always cancel, be mad not to pre-order

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Keno wrote: »
    £37 on Amazon currently.

Boom!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

krudler wrote: »
    oops, here i just googled it, it's practically the same pic I took I'm too lazy to attach it again :pac:

fan_expo_2014_31.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

46.94....Sold.

Went free P&P tho, I'll probably regret that when ye are all playing it and I am still waiting for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So is AK actually going to be difficult this time around? I love the Arkham series but that's because I'm a batman fan... the games on their own are actually really bad if you think about it. Predator areas redeem it somewhat but the combat, outside of trying to be a perfectionist with lots of combos... are damn awful. Mash one button and you never lose.

So does anyone know if it's still just press 1 button to remain invincible or will there actually be some challenge to hand-to-hand combat this time around? Would love an Arkham game that isn't made around casual Ass Creed mechanics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think the games are particularly hard, but play on hard difficulty or NG+/I am the Night mode - you couldn't last long mashing one button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think they have a good balance on Hard mode (no counter indicator, take fewer hits, etc) They could make it Much Much harder as is seen in the combat challenge rooms but seriously, they want people to enjoy the game, not break throw their joypads through the telly.

I just hope they don't have any Mulitplayer so it will be possible for me to get back to my Arkham Platinum Trophy collection (Damn you Origins multiplayer!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think they have a good balance on Hard mode (no counter indicator, take fewer hits, etc) They could make it Much Much harder as is seen in the combat challenge rooms but seriously, they want people to enjoy the game, not break throw their joypads through the telly.

I just hope they don't have any Mulitplayer so it will be possible for me to get back to my Arkham Platinum Trophy collection (Damn you Origins multiplayer!!)

Same as myself I even have the blackgat plat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The MP on origins was fun when it worked, not much longevity but still fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think the games are particularly hard, but play on hard difficulty or NG+/I am the Night mode - you couldn't last long mashing one button.

I've done that with all the Arkham games so far and was upset that the indicators still appear on Hard mode in AC until at least one playthrough. It's still way too easy and yes you won't WIN by mashing one button unless you're a fan of cheesing em' out for an hour but you can still survive with button mashing. There's really no depth to the enemies and I honestly don't know why they even have that attack indicator like a spider sense... the enemies are not exactly hard to predict the game almost slows their animation as they come in and most enemies don't do more than one hit. Seriously, who throws ONE punch? They should occasionally or randomly throw their second fist at you, or try knee or headbutt or something after you block or grab their arm/fist, and then maybe have some mechanism where you have to strategically do it again for whatever their next attack is. Kinda like the martial arts dudes from AO but done MUCH better and with more variety of course.

From what we know from the previous games they'll keep adding in more weapons to make it seem like there's any kind of depth to the combat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've done that with all the Arkham games so far and was upset that the indicators still appear on Hard mode in AC until at least one playthrough. It's still way too easy and yes you won't WIN by mashing one button unless you're a fan of cheesing em' out for an hour but you can still survive with button mashing. There's really no depth to the enemies and I honestly don't know why they even have that attack indicator like a spider sense... the enemies are not exactly hard to predict the game almost slows their animation as they come in and most enemies don't do more than one hit. Seriously, who throws ONE punch? They should occasionally or randomly throw their second fist at you, or try knee or headbutt or something after you block or grab their arm/fist, and then maybe have some mechanism where you have to strategically do it again for whatever their next attack is. Kinda like the martial arts dudes from AO but done MUCH better and with more variety of course.

From what we know from the previous games they'll keep adding in more weapons to make it seem like there's any kind of depth to the combat.

Fair point, but this isn't mortal combat, it's a batman game.
    I think that since the combat is only one element of the game, they did a good job of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Never mind all this talk of the game - who is the Arkham Knight? Theories please!

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    Never mind all this talk of the game - who is the Arkham Knight? Theories please!

Thought we were going with
    Jason Todd
    , no?

Thought we were going with
    Jason Todd
    , no?

Yupp either him or
    Hush
    . Hoping it's
    Todd
    though

Yupp either him or
    Hush
    . Hoping it's
    Todd
    though

Been quite some time since I indulged in the comics -
    but whatever became of Todd in them? Was he not killed?

Yeah,
    he was killed by the Joker in 'A Death in the Family' story.. reintroduced in the Hush storyline and then comes back as the Red Hood (I think?!)

Confusing myself thinking about it.

Yeah,
    he was killed by the Joker in 'A Death in the Family' story.. reintroduced in the Hush storyline and then comes back as the Red Hood (I think?!)

Confusing myself thinking about it.

And then he was one of the
    many Batman imposters when Bruce Wayne was killed.

He became the Red Hood again when Dick Grayson became Batman and Damien Wayne became Robin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Want.

That looks absolutely brilliant!

• gizmo wrote: »

Want.

Wow, jaw dropping stuff!

Ohhhh.... Gameplay footage you say? :)

*ding ding ding*

Roll up, roll up as we begin the "Can It Live Up To The Hype?" Game :pac:

*Klaxon sound effect, studio audience clapping*

I'm going to say NO it won't, it'll still be a decent game, great even, maybe the best of the 4, but the Hype train will have it's wicked way. Over a barrel the franchise will be put :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

inserts money into cdrom.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ohhhh.... Gameplay footage you say? :)

*ding ding ding*

Roll up, roll up as we begin the "Can It Live Up To The Hype?" Game :pac:

*Klaxon sound effect, studio audience clapping*

I'm going to say NO it won't, it'll still be a decent game, great even, maybe the best of the 4, but the Hype train will have it's wicked way. Over a barrel the franchise will be put :pac:

Please mind the gap. Please mind the gap.

ALLLLL ABOOOAAAAAAARRRDDDD!

CHOO CHOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

There is absoultely no words I can say other than OMGTHISSH!TBLOWSMYFCUKINGBATSASSAWAY

Look at this !!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Trailer is very good, but did Kevin Conroy seem like he finally got fed up voicing Batman to anyone else.
    They were just bland reads to me. Especially 1:57 - 2:10

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Trailer is very good, but did Kevin Conroy seem like he finally got fed up voicing Batman to anyone else.
    They were just bland reads to me. Especially 1:57 - 2:10

+1 hopefully not final material

Didn't really like the vehicle sections, especially the larger tank type vehicle

• Advertisement

Could probably Conroy giving an older, more worn out performance as I'd say Bats is fairly sick of guys in costumes threatening the city and it's always down to him to save yet taxpayers money going straight to the cops who still give him the evils every now and again.

Didn't really like the vehicle sections, especially the larger tank type vehicle

It's definitely painting a different picture to the cinematic trailer we saw

Robbed the driving mechanics right out of Destiny they did! :mad::rolleyes::confused::pac::o

Could probably Conroy giving an older, more worn out performance as I'd say Bats is fairly sick of guys in costumes threatening the city and it's always down to him to save yet taxpayers money going straight to the cops who still give him the evils every now and again.

I thought he sounded like a younger Batman.

And he looks a lot younger too compared to City.

I'd prefer if he looked and sounded like an older/wiser Batman.

Regarding the trailer, it certainly looks good, but I'm not going to leap aboard the hype train just yet, I do not like the look of the tank battle bits at all, the game in general looks like more of the same gameplay wise (not a bad thing), but with glorious graphics this time.

EDIT, just realised I preordered this ages ago at that low price on Amazon, so much about not hyping it

It's definitely painting a different picture to the cinematic trailer we saw
    Robbed the driving mechanics right out of Destiny they did! :mad::rolleyes::confused::pac::o

Just not something I want to associate with a Batman game, despite the iconic car. I know they have to introduce something to keep it fresh, but it looks like a totally different game there sliding from side to side and firing at these robots in some bulky tank. Ugh. Hope it's not a standout feature.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    EDIT, just realised I preordered this ages ago at that low price on Amazon, so much about not hyping it

Same here, £37 with pre order DLC ain't bad

I would have pre-ordered it too but I know deep down that it'll be more of the same.
    This was the case with AC and that's fine for a sequel. But with the third part it gets tiring and AO felt very tired.

Now what we're seeing is new graphics, and vehicular sections that may be little more than linear qte button pressing sections.

Like I said, for the second episode that's fine.
    For the third it gets tiring.
    For the fourth....?

Same here, £37 with pre order DLC ain't bad

There's DLC already? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

There's DLC already? :confused:

You can play as Harley Quinn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm pretty sure Destiny used that from other games too.
    The ability to slide to the side is nowhere near an original concept....but as with others, I have no real interest in the batmobile.
    It's not needed as a mode of transport as we've been flying across Arkham in no time for the last few games

I think driving will be faster for travelling if there's enough distance. Gliding slows down and gotta diving to keep momentum.

I was laughing at the amount of property damage Batman caused in the latest gameplay reveal, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 2

Hhmmm hopefully the tank battles don't feature too much.

Arkham Knight looking class

10446097_889347781097715_2718200933724852230_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9[img][/img]

New photos of the collector's edition statue have potentially spoiled the ending

• Advertisement

New photos of the collector's edition statue have potentially spoiled the ending

I would be delighted with that ending.
    I was thinking it might be the case anyways.

Yeah it would be nice to wrap it up like that, if done well!

Just preordered CE on amazon, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So long as they still
    enable some way of having free-roam post-story

Penn wrote: »
    So long as they still
    enable some way of having free-roam post-story

Going to spoiler in case.
    Once the came is complete, it could load up before the final mission, allow it to be replayed or go into free roam.

Like Mass Effect games have done in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The Amazon picture on their website has removed the give away. I'd say they really messed up there

• Advertisement
Advertisement