Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA League 2 H2H Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I hope to continue to be a giant killer.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paddy power are paying out in our game.

Fingers' Taylor (Swa) needs to outscore my Coleman & Chambers by 17points.
    Both have Sanchez & Welbeck.

League winning form at present :)

Me: siggy, Taylor and Lloris + 8pt lead
    El horseboxo: baines, wisdom and begovic.

If Everton are kept quiet, I fancy my chances. Nothing decided yet though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PARlance wrote: »
    Paddy power are paying out in our game.

Fingers' Taylor (Swa) needs to outscore my Coleman & Chambers by 17points.
    Both have Sanchez & Welbeck.

League winning form at present :)

Stupid bookies, what do they know.
    Also, it's a "1", not an "i".:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man needs Welbeck to get about 7 points to win our fixture once Baines baps are added! Both have Sanchez left but he has Welbeck and I've got Chambers! Down to the wire again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man needs Welbeck to get about 7 points to win our fixture once Baines baps are added! Both have Sanchez left but he has Welbeck and I've got Chambers! Down to the wire again!

you left out a detail :)

a Sigurdsson detail :)

thought this one was a gonner! :eek:

i'll take what i can get tho :P

good game

4th win on the trot sees me beat F1ngers and join him on 21 points but I think I've claimed 4th spot from him.

The top 3 seem to have all won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite 61 - 60 Mr Nine

Get in!

manual_man wrote: »

good game

Bollox.... completely missed Sigurdsson in your team :rolleyes:

Thought i'd this one sewn up!

Begrudgingly I'll say well done :p, close game!

We're both on exactly the same overall score now funnily enough! 606!

• Advertisement

good game

Bollox.... completely missed Sigurdsson in your team :rolleyes:

Thought i'd this one sewn up!

Begrudgingly I'll say well done :p, close game!

We're actually on the exact same points overall now!

The top 3 seem to have all won.

We sure did, and looks like us 4 got a bit of a break as well. Positions 5 through 11 all lost their match up, by my reckoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

We sure did, and looks like us 4 got a bit of a break as well. Positions 5 through 11 all lost their match up, by my reckoning.

Nice, didn't even notice.

Messed up my team this week so a little break will help.

Pfffff... I ain't looking down

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I play Inish Celtic next. Second highest pts scorer, v second lowest points scorer.

:D

I'm up against Balotelitubbies (Axwell), while he may be down the wrong end of the table, he's the inform team after his 91(-4) this week!

• Advertisement

328769.png

328770.png

all to play for in my match, i lead 56-51 when subs are factored in. clyne + guzan left for me, kaboul left for my opponent. a Spurs cs coupled with both teams to score in the Monday night game could see Capajoma nick it

31-33, losing by 2 points but a quick look at the 2 teams made me feel like a winner:D

329266.png

all to play for in my match, i lead 56-51

That's rough, whoever ends up losing with scores that high will feel justifiably aggrieved.

I'm winning my match 33-29 when Subs come into action. I have Clyne, Bertrand, Pelle and Chadli. He has Tadic Forster and Hutton. Feeling quietly confident I can sneak away with the win here.

That's rough, whoever ends up losing with scores that high will feel justifiably aggrieved.

I'm winning my match 33-29 when Subs come into action. I have Clyne, Bertrand, Pelle and Chadli. He has Tadic Forster and Hutton. Feeling quietly confident I can sneak away with the win here.

yeah it happens some weeks. whoever wins these head to head leagues, has a good overall score but often gets a bit of luck too as in facing opponents more often than not that score below the league average for any given gameweek

• Advertisement

I'm losing to Axwell who has a GW rank of 2.9m :( and who also just left his team idle from last week!

I'll win if Guzan keeps a CS... Which I don't want as I have Tadic & Pelle (so does he).

I need 4 points from Pelle to get a win... could do with it after last weeks loss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I won a game!! Its been a while. :):)

I won by 5 points.

Liamalone 39 - 44 wonski (after the auto subs are added)
    It wasn't a spectacular game, but 3 points is 3 points:D

Clyne's goal convinced me to keep him for a while, he will be benched from time to time but his effort will be recognized at some point in the future.

The top spot is still occupied by Irish Gael. Maybe next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just as a general enquiry, with about a third of the season gone, how are people finding the format?

CSF wrote: »
    Just as a general enquiry, with about a third of the season gone, how are people finding the format?
    It's a bit of fun on the side. First thoughts every week is how I'm doing in my friends league, then overall ranking, then have a look at this league. It's a bit of extra interest in certain games anyway.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It's a bit of fun on the side. First thoughts every week is how I'm doing in my friends league, then overall ranking, then have a look at this league. It's a bit of extra interest in certain games anyway.

+1

Not to mention that if you have a bad week with red arrows you are still in chance to get 3 point in h2h. Every little helps.

Shedite27 wrote: »

+1

There is no obligation whatsoever to take an active part in this thread but it would be nice to see more gameweeks posts.
    Most games I had so far were against people who don't post regularely and it just me talking to myself there.

Not a big deal, but this would make it a little more fun I guess.

Top three point scorers are starting to open a bit of a gap.

15850620796_345408f4d4_c.jpg

Next weeks fixtures:

15690659437_80bf1a1be2_c.jpg

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    There is no obligation whatsoever to take an active part in this thread but it would be nice to see more gameweeks posts.
    Most games I had so far were against people who don't post regularely and it just me talking to myself there.

Not a big deal, but this would make it a little more fun I guess.

Hmmm... i wonder is it the case in all the other leagues that only half of those involved contribute? Id imagine the higher leagues are made up mostly of regular posters so you would have to think so, whereas this league was an after thought put together for hopefuls who missed the boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Some good scoring at the top of these league fellas. The leader of the Premier league has only won 8 of his 12 games so it's a lot tighter all round.
    It's the same in the Premier League as regards the banter, it can be quiet enough except for whoever is playing Lemlin cranking up the verbals:p. Hopefully it will pick up towards the business end. I would say there are 10 regular FSA posters in your league, I'd recognise nearly all the names but some would be historical.

Yeah, I said a good few weeks back that the banter seemed better in some of the others, and our league was a bit on the quiet front. Sure you only have to look at the post count for each thread to see which is more active.

So, FSA league 2 lurkers....... Let's be 'aving you!!

Hmmm... i wonder is it the case in all the other leagues that only half of those involved contribute? Id imagine the higher leagues are made up mostly of regular posters so you would have to think so, whereas this league was an after thought put together for hopefuls who missed the boat!

I think there's an argument to be made that the people who put the most attention into this forum generally perform better.

From that Id take 2 things that support your reasoning.

1) By and large, the most regular posters are largely in the highest/higher leagues
    2) Those who have only become more regular posters in the last 12 months are generally perdorming better in the lower leagues, so as people drop out/go up/drop down, you will only see this become more and more the case.

Especially as nobody gets accommodated in any way next year, the only people getting parachuted into the pyramid are the people who had sufficiently immense seasons in the very high standard qualifying league

overall i think the league is good, obviously i'd like to see a bit more participation and banter, roughly half in this league haven't been seen much around the forum since it started, but it's a first year doing it and it's a bit of a laugh an aside to the main competition, i'm sure banter/participation level will improve going forward, kudos CSF for running it, and everyone else who's helping out

CSF wrote: »
    I think there's an argument to be made that the people who put the most attention into this forum generally perform better.

From that Id take 2 things that support your reasoning.

1) By and large, the most regular posters are largely in the highest/higher leagues
    2) Those who have only become more regular posters in the last 12 months are generally performing better in the lower leagues, so as people drop out/go up/drop down, you will only see this become more and more the case.

Especially as nobody gets accommodated in any way next year, the only people getting parachuted into the pyramid are the people who had sufficiently immense seasons in the very high standard qualifying league

Dont make me feel bad, I've been posting here for the last 4 seasons now iirc and i'm way down here in the lowest league and not performing well at all :pac:

Dont make me feel bad, I've been posting here for the last 4 seasons now iirc and i'm way down here in the lowest league and not performing well at all :pac:
    Don't worry, I'm having a nightmare year too!!!

and not performing well at all :pac:

Let's hope that continues...:D

Playing PARlance next week.

Will check his posts in the transfers thread to give him an honest and impartial advice:D

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Let's hope that continues...:D

Haha it most likely will! Although I'm hoping my transfers this week will inspirre some good fortune my way! might even risk a 4 point hit to field a stronger team out of spite and pray it pays off !:pac::D

Big matchup for myself and POKERKING this week! Tied on 18 points!

Haha it most likely will! Although I'm hoping my transfers this week will inspirre some good fortune my way! might even risk a 4 point hit to field a stronger team out of spite and pray it pays off !:pac::D

That will level the playing field - I took a 4 point hit.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That will level the playing field - I took a 4 point hit.

Maybe i won't so... :P

Maybe i won't so... :P

Maybe he didn't take it:P

Maybe he didn't take it:P

Mind games! ...or jedi mind tricks!!

• Advertisement

Mind games! ...or jedi mind tricks!!

Sure I'm on a 32pt hit myself...

Puts on best Poker face :cool:

Sure I'm on a 32pt hit myself...

Puts on best Poker face :cool:

I've seen close to that done before!:eek:

I expect it was in an attempt to get the highest weekly score though

Playing PARlance next week.

Will check his posts in the transfers thread to give him an honest and impartial advice:D

I had a shocker this week so I'm in hiding. Morale is low in the camp. But I've made two transfers already ;) might keep them under wraps now :)

I had a shocker this week so I'm in hiding. Morale is low in the camp. But I've made two transfers already ;) might keep them under wraps now :)
    Similarly had a shocker last week so took a -4 last night.

Sanket leading already.

Any sign of Sanket (True Blues)? Hasn't posted in the forum in 3 months.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=1535&sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=sanket&page=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement