Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

bruschi wrote: »
    seems to happen if I log in with my dutch VPN, but then when into the gamepass, revert back to normal internet, it then blacks out the games that are on sky. seems odd. may just keep logged into the VPN.

Yes, this was happening to me aswell, I never copped on really as to why they weren't blacked out all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Guffy

anyone else just getting a graphic for baf semi final and audio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Just got my email reminder for the auto-renewal.

I see it will cost me €119.99 for the Season Pass, but on their website it's €144.99 for the same package.

Is it just cheaper after the auto-renewal kicks in after the 1st of August, or is it a loyalty price?

I also see they'll have archived episodes of Hard Knocks and A Football Life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

infacteh wrote: »

I see it will cost me €119.99 for the Season Pass, but on their website it's €144.99 for the same package.

Is it just cheaper after the auto-renewal kicks in after the 1st of August, or is it a loyalty price?

Ask their Live Chat - the guys on there are usually really helpful whenever I've had a question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

infacteh wrote: »

I got the €144.99 price today in the email. It mentioned about having downloadable games for iOS devices which sounds interesting. Unless those archives of programmes have been extended to iPhones and iPads and android then it's a waste of time. They said that would happen last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

hi guys i thinking of buying of gamepass 144 euro version but i have a few questions.
    1.My pc has 3 monitors so could i have 3 games on the go live?
    2.i have an account with unblock us and they say " We make the blackouts go bye bye!" on gamepass so has anyone tried them and will get in trouble using them?
    3.My internet speed is not good 3.30mb,is there a choice to lower the quality of stream to have few games on same time?

thanks in advance kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

kevin2800 wrote: »
    hi guys i thinking of buying of gamepass 144 euro version but i have a few questions.
    1.My pc has 3 monitors so could i have 3 games on the go live?
    2.i have an account with unblock us and they say " We make the blackouts go bye bye!" on gamepass so has anyone tried them and will get in trouble using them?
    3.My internet speed is not good 3.30mb,is there a choice to lower the quality of stream to have few games on same time?

thanks in advance kev

Better yet - you can have 16 games (or more) on the go if you want :P
    Here's 16 games on my dual monitors - not something I've tried doing before :P usually have quad box muted on my secondary and whatever main game I want to watch on my main monitor (or redzone - usually redzone) so I can keep an eye on whatever games I have an interest in on the side.

313858.png

Your broadband speed isn't the best but I'd image you should be able to stream at least 2. You can change the quality to 400Kbps, 800Kbps, 1200Kbps, 1600Kbps, 2400Kbps, 3500Kbps or 4500Kbps.

So you should be about to get 3 games going with your main game at 1200Kbps and the 2 other games at 800/400 if needs be. I'm not to be quoted on that and I'll let someone who has similar speeds to you test it out and confirm but I'd imagine you should be able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'm guessing all the loopholes to getting this free have been closed.

I suppose I best pay the €145 so even though it's a bit steep and the blackouts are kinda annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

thanks for the post johnmcdnl thats looks epic lol,do use unblock us for blackouts and redzone?

• Advertisement

Are there any free regions this year? Where would I find out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

gufc21 wrote: »
    Are there any free regions this year? Where would I find out?

Can't see it happening to be honest. I'd say the NFL is well aware of people exploiting free regions last year and is keen to avoid that loophole.

Can't see it happening to be honest. I'd say the NFL is well aware of people exploiting free regions last year and is keen to avoid that loophole.

I know ya doubt it too... but there was somewhere last year u could see small print as to where they were free. Its just that page I was looking for to keep an eye on on the off chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yes, the free region thing didn't work by the time of the playoffs. there was a login going around but it seemed to be just some guy's account.

there appears to be no limit on IPs accessing an account so a group of us mates are chipping in for one account! can't see the reason for all us boardies getting our own accounts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

there appears to be no limit on IPs accessing an account so a group of us mates are chipping in for one account! can't see the reason for all us boardies getting our own accounts...

Is that a new thing? I last subscribe the season before last and I couldn't log in on 2 devices at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    You can only login from 1 IP at a time, had a laptop hooked up to the TV and if I tried to watch another game on the tablet the laptop got logged out.

To be honest I'm more than happy to pay the amount, but I'd need some way of getting around the blackouts.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    You can only login from 1 IP at a time, had a laptop hooked up to the TV and if I tried to watch another game on the tablet the laptop got logged out.

To be honest I'm more than happy to pay the amount, but I'd need some way of getting around the blackouts.

Yeah I'm the same. I don't mind paying as I think it's a fantastic service and the price isn't too drastic when it's spread out. I have to use HOLA to watch the playoffs and other games that are on sky though which isn't that much of a hindrance, just a matter of turning on a plugin.

Yeah I'm the same. I don't mind paying as I think it's a fantastic service and the price isn't too drastic when it's spread out. I have to use HOLA to watch the playoffs and other games that are on sky though which isn't that much of a hindrance, just a matter of turning on a plugin.

What country do you have GamePass set to to get rid of the blackouts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Brian017 wrote: »
    What country do you have GamePass set to to get rid of the blackouts?

Any country other than UK or Ireland.

So Spain, France, Germany etc are all fine.

yes, the free region thing didn't work by the time of the playoffs. there was a login going around but it seemed to be just some guy's account.

Are you doing the same thing as last year? It was unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yeah you can't share a log in. What I tend to do is give the details to my mates but tell that during game time they're to stay off line because otherwise the main user gets kicked out. It works out well though for catching up on games during the week. Great service and anyone sitting on the fence should just get it. It's not too dear when you see the service offered and I really couldn't imagine watching the NFL any other way now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    2 devices but maybe limit to the one IP address so mates couldn't share and do the poor NFL out of a subscription would be the clincher for me.

I'd love watch a game on the big screen and have red zone on my computer. I know you can so split screen but there's too much wasted space on the screen.

MLB.tv allows multiple devices and it's great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

will be watching from abroad, failing that ill buy the service :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭boccy23

2 devices but maybe limit to the one IP address so mates couldn't share and do the poor NFL out of a subscription would be the clincher for me.

I'd love watch a game on the big screen and have red zone on my computer. I know you can so split screen but there's too much wasted space on the screen.

MLB.tv allows multiple devices and it's great.

MLB.tv is a far superior product. No comparison.

Would it be best to buy this now or will the price come down a bit closer to the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

The price decreases are pretty tame. I think I’ll bite the bullet now and have enough there to keep me going through pre-season.

It’s a stellar offering, it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

boccy23 wrote: »
    MLB.tv is a far superior product. No comparison.

+1

Works superbly and as said already across multiple devices. I have it on my computer, the phone but mainly through the xbox linked to the TV

I wish Gamepass worked this well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Think il get it this year. It's worth it instead of looking to find a crappy stream of a Sunday ...

I know where to put my Garth Brooks refund money towards... *ducks*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

SameOleJay wrote: »
    The price decreases are pretty tame. I think I’ll bite the bullet now and have enough there to keep me going through pre-season.

It’s a stellar offering, it really is.

It's currently 119.99 for the Season. Last November 3rd, I paid 64.99 for the Season. That's almost half price, but I had missed half the season, so swings and roundabouts. Considering how much I fecking love RedZone, I won't be waiting that long this season.

Is there such a thing as an auto renew or do we have to sign up again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Unless you speficially told them NOT to autorenew it will auto renew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

They should email you to confirm the auto renew

Nice update for the gamepass app with nfl network archives. Get in.

Pic of the new updated app.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pic of the new updated app.

Nice! The other shows might actually be what seals the deal with buying this year...

Do they have hard knocks on it now? My mate can't see it on his gamepass

Raoul wrote: »

I know he probably did but did he update the app? If not uninstall and reinstall from app store.

BKWDR wrote: »
    I know he probably did but did he update the app? If not uninstall and reinstall from app store.

Yeah think that may have been the problem.

Do people think we should have a referral thread? I am not sure how much you get off for signing up to gamepass but anything helps. This will be my first year and I am going to use one of my mates referrals if he can find it. Think it is in your subscription email.

Actually probably not that many of us are going to get it so don't need a referral thread. Can just put the links up here

Raoul wrote: »

No it wasn't there last night but then the nfl total access was incomplete as was the gameday final they have. I'd say it Willkie be up there but it seems like it might take a bit of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i thought hard knocks was HBO, has nothing to do with the NFL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I'm pretty sure during The Great Gamepass Free For All of 2013 that Hard Knocks was up on it. Maybe it wasn't broadcast live or anything but past episodes and seasons were definitely on it.

past episodes don't seem to be up there now at all unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

past episodes don't seem to be up there now at all unfortunately

Received my auto-renew notice this morning, and it states
    New! Archives of hit shows from NFL Network including Hard Knocks and A Football Life
    Is anybody currently subscribed and can see these shows?

corblimey wrote: »
    Received my auto-renew notice this morning, and it states Is anybody currently subscribed and can see these shows?

I am and hard knocks was there but no episodes were up but a football life was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

corblimey wrote: »
    Received my auto-renew notice this morning, and it states Is anybody currently subscribed and can see these shows?

This is what I've got: Top 100 players, Football Life, Coaches Show, Gameday, NFL Presents, No Huddle, Playbook, Superbowl Archieves, Sound FX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 scallion.eater

Well lads. Does anyone know if the black out post season games show on red zone on gamepass? Is it just that you can't watch a black out game continuously live? Wouldn't be too bad if the main plays for black out games were shown on red zone.

Well lads. Does anyone know if the black out post season games show on red zone on gamepass? Is it just that you can't watch a black out game continuously live? Wouldn't be too bad if the main plays for black out games were shown on red zone.

Red zone isn't on during the playoffs so the answer would be no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scallion.eater

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Red zone isn't on during the playoffs so the answer would be no.

Thanks for that.

Redzone is the work of the gods.

BKWDR wrote: »
    Redzone is the work of the gods.

There is talk about scrapping it because the networks are loosing to many viewers to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement