Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We shouldn't have to pay for them at all. If they get them handed back and constantly reuse them, I refuse to pay! If I pay 42 euro, I want to do like Mark Twain and keep my robe and wear it everywhere :pac:

What happens if you keep it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

They're taking away all the emails and accounts from finished fourth years in November I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Lost my email account a few days ago..
    Only deferring as well, a bit odd. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

How did any if the on-campus people get on with getting back their accommodation deposits???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Masala wrote: »
    How did any if the on-campus people get on with getting back their accommodation deposits???

I got 95 extra on top of what I paid. So I was rather chuffed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Studying for this repeat is awful. Even worse when the lecturer wont give you solutions to past papers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Masala wrote: »

Lost 50 quid thanks to my beloved housemates taking great care of the toilet, TV and all of the glasses :rolleyes:

Masala wrote:

****e. I've a feeling one of my housemates had an electric blanket or something that sapped a lot of energy. We were also charged for painting though I failed to notice what needed painting... but knowing my housemates, it's probably reasonable.

sup_dude wrote: »
    ****e. I've a feeling one of my housemates had an electric blanket or something that sapped a lot of energy. We were also charged for painting though I failed to notice what needed painting... but knowing my housemates, it's probably reasonable.

I think they just charge everyone for painting...

TBH, I was extremely surprised to get so much back this time. Last year I lost 70 quid, mostly due to overuse of electricity. This year I got 101 surplus on electricity, and on more than one occasion I fell asleep with my heater on. So what in the hell were my housemates last year doing?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think they just charge everyone for painting...

TBH, I was extremely surprised to get so much back this time. Last year I lost 70 quid, mostly due to overuse of electricity. This year I got 101 surplus on electricity, and on more than one occasion I fell asleep with my heater on. So what in the hell were my housemates last year doing?

Are they even allowed to do that?

We lost over 100 on electricity but I was rarely in the house so I haven't a notion where it's gone.

• Advertisement

Are they even allowed to do that?

We lost over 100 on electricity but I was rarely in the house so I haven't a notion where it's gone.

They're a law unto themselves tbh. What normal landlords would consider "reasonable wear", CLS will charge for.

Like, last year I got charged for "painting under desk". I mean, come on like. Those walls need painting every year or two anyway, so I reckon they just tack it on and hope no one questions it.

One of my housemates this year was a genius though. At the start of the year on the inventory form we said we had no glasses and were missing a few plates and stuff. So they gave us new ones. We hid these at the back of a press, and at the end of they year just put them in with the regular ones to replace any we'd broken. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

UL Sport are getting as bad as Gabriella Hanrahan with all these stupid emails. I've gotten three of the exact same emails so far today about having a birthday party in the Arena -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I did something that puts them straight into the junk folder so I don't get notifications. I think its mark as junk or something like that :)

I did something that puts them straight into the junk folder so I don't get notifications. I think its mark as junk or something like that :)

I have Gabriella and the Writing Centre marked as spam but had to get a reply from UL sport once or twice so marking them as spam wouldn't have helped :P

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

Have the library's opening hours always been so bad in the run up to repeat exams?

I was sure they would be open weekends, at least for August but looks like it's only Monday to Friday and I work weekdays :(

Does anyone know if Red Raisins is open weekends during the summer months?

gruffler91 wrote: »
    Have the library's opening hours always been so bad in the run up to repeat exams?

I was sure they would be open weekends, at least for August but looks like it's only Monday to Friday and I work weekdays :(

Does anyone know if Red Raisins is open weekends during the summer months?

As far as I'm aware, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

Any idea when timetables will be out?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Any idea when timetables will be out?

Sometime the week of the 17th I'd assume. Its usually out a day or two after the CAO offers

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Are you allowed to drink alcohol in the library ?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I don't think they'd take kindly to a can of beer in the library... Then again if you were drinking it out of a flask or a travel mug they may not notice until you let a burp slip

• Advertisement

Midkemia wrote: »

Alcohol Policy states alcohol consumption is to be confined to designated areas on campus, of which I highly doubt the library is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Midkemia wrote: »

Why would you want to drink alcohol in the library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

How hard is it to rent a place from September until December? Every landlord I ring gives me the same s***e (eg "sorry, only looking for full year" or "no co-op students, bye"). Even if I say I can get someone for the other semester they say no. Its annoying and I'm running put of time. Any ideas on what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

RianF2 wrote: »
    How hard is it to rent a place from September until December? Every landlord I ring gives me the same s***e (eg "sorry, only looking for full year" or "no co-op students, bye"). Even if I say I can get someone for the other semester they say no. Its annoying and I'm running put of time. Any ideas on what to do?

Have you tried the single semester Facebook group?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581592872107196/?fref=nf

Otherwise try Groody (which I think may be full), or Brookfield, they both will do single semester without hassle.

What's meant to be your username for the password reset?

What's meant to be your username for the password reset?

I'd assume your student number

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

They're taking away all the emails and accounts from finished fourth years in November I think

Lost mine after three years, gutted. Didn't want to let go of the memories. No doubt Holland and Barrett will be delighted, always did get an awkward stare when I used it for my points. Really miss uni though, make the most of it while you still can.

iLaura wrote: »
    I'd assume your student number

Nope, it keeps telling me it's wrong, even when I base it off the examples

Nope, it keeps telling me it's wrong, even when I base it off the examples

Did you do it the way that the email said, or just use one of those quick links? It wouldn't work when I used the Reset Password quicklink, but would when I did it the way the email told me to.

Only other guess I'd have is that its because you're a 4th year and graduating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is the Coop report a strict 10 pages? I have 10 content pages in there but there's 2 company logos within to take up space :o

Advertisement