Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Architect Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I found a shotgun in my shakedown. A SHOTGUN :/

When a prisoner passes the metal detector and it flashes does that mean they have contraband on them?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Vicxas wrote: »
    I found a shotgun in my shakedown. A SHOTGUN :/

When a prisoner passes the metal detector and it flashes does that mean they have contraband on them?

When it flashes and beeps once it means they're clean. When it flashes and makes an alarm type sound they have contraband. if they trip the detector, they're automatically added to the list for the guards to search AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

So far so good in my prison. Only tools and weapons I have found have been brought in by the prisoners. Have all cell blocks leading to an inspection room that they go through at least 2 times a day with a guard stationed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

C890C57FBE5EE3C4F5C54BF220806245EFD011CE

And for some reason I can't get the image working

There ya go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Jernal wrote: »
    There ya go. :)

Does a prison that large cause your computer lag much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Does a prison that large cause your computer lag much?

It did when I had only 60 odd prisoners... But read somewhere to delete everything in the storage and it should help. At that time i had two storages so dumped the lot and it got a lot better... Thank god the workshops brought in around 23 grand a night

since i got the land expansion i have noticed if i build a big room the workers will forget what there doing half way and walk of to the storage room

I found that when the game slows down to restart the game and it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Do windows serve any purpose or are they only aesthetic?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Do windows serve any purpose or are they only aesthetic?

I suspect they serve no purpose at the moment, but will probably be part of the whole escape system in later versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I haven't played in a while and skipped the last couple of releases, but im giving 12 a shot now. Loving all the stuff thats been added.

Doors are confusing me though as they've changed from what I remember. Prisoners seem to use Staff Doors, which is a pain. THey'll wait by the door and a guard will come and open it for them.

I set up the prison so that the initial holding cell was near the entrance, then there was the storage room, which was connected directly to the kitchen, which was in turn connected directly to the canteen. There were Staff Doors from the entrance yard to the storage room, and then between the storage room, kitchen and canteen. There was then a regular non-staff door at the other end of the canteen.

The idea was that the cooks etc would have the shortest route to the deliveries and storage. Prisons would need to take a slightly longer route around to access the canteen.

Didnt work like that though. At meal times the prisoners would bunch up outside the storage room Staff Door, and a guard would then let them in, through the storage room and the kitchen to the canteen.

I knew this was going to cause trouble and sure enough on day 4 a riot breaks out in the kitchen when several prisoners steal some kitchen knives. They kill both my cooks and trash the place!

Is there a bug with the Staff Doors or is this working as intended and there's no way to limit or direct prisoner movement until you unlocking the zoning ability? If thats the case Staff Doors appear to be a bit pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Branoic wrote: »
    Is there a bug with the Staff Doors or is this working as intended and there's no way to limit or direct prisoner movement until you unlocking the zoning ability? If thats the case Staff Doors appear to be a bit pointless.

Try set the storage and kitchen as designated staff only areas?

DaLad wrote: »
    Try set the storage and kitchen as designated staff only areas?

yeah thats the problem, i havent unlocked that ability yet. It takes time because Im trying to get workshops up and running asap as otherwise i'd run out of money, so the research to designate areas wasnt a priority.

yeah thats the problem, i havent unlocked that ability yet. It takes time because Im trying to get workshops up and running asap as otherwise i'd run out of money, so the research to designate areas wasnt a priority.

Made that mistake aswell, problem is without deployment you cant assign prisoners to do jobs.

Had to restart my prison to fix that glaring oversight :(

Vicxas wrote: »
    Made that mistake aswell, problem is without deployment you cant assign prisoners to do jobs.

Had to restart my prison to fix that glaring oversight :(

D'oh, yeah that was it. Had to temporarily wall off some areas to force them to go the long way round until I could unlock Deployment.

Just means Staff Doors are pretty screwy though.

I still think having to unlock deployment and laundry is a bit of a stupid idea. Whatever about most of the other stuff in Bureaucracy, those two should really be available from the start, or at the very least as soon as you hire a warden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

You need to research to designate areas as staff only? What a strange system

Found it a bit weird too, possibly a stop gap while the make the tool to assign the prisoners? :)

Can get Prison Architect and a couple of other games in the new Humble Bundle for just under €15!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :cool: :D

Humble Bundle Weekly Sale

Can get Prison Architect and a couple of other games in the new Humble Bundle for just under €15!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :cool: :D

:(

Wow, game is getting a lot of hate on this reddit page.

Kids seem to be finding it difficult to understand Introversion's pricing strategy. They're trying to price themselves out of the casual market so as to try and keep a small alpha player base of people who are legitimately interested in the game and how it develops.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    :(

Kids seem to be finding it difficult to understand Introversion's pricing strategy. They're trying to price themselves out of the casual market so as to try and keep a small alpha player base of people who are legitimately interested in the game and how it develops.

Lol why the long face?

• Advertisement

Lol why the long face?

hahah that was before I remembered what I paid for mine. I just saw deal and thought "ahh feck"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

gavmcg92 wrote: »

A good point made on that link is that this high-end pricing strategy (which I do disagree with) is at odds with including the game in a Humble Bundle or having it on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Reekwind wrote: »
    A good point made on that link is that this high-end pricing strategy (which I do disagree with) is at odds with including the game in a Humble Bundle or having it on sale
    Well there were a disturbingly large number of people who ignored the perfectly reasonable logic behind the initial pricing and called for a price drop. Now they have one, albeit for one week only, and now a different set of people are complaining. Introversion basically aren't going to win this one at all. :(

Starting from scratch after an unfortunate hard disk wiping situation... :(

I'm currently planning out a large prison and I'm just wondering do Solitary Cells have the same requirements as ordinary cells? Or can I just make it a 1X1 box and make them suffer for their insolence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I'm currently planning out a large prison and I'm just wondering do Solitary Cells have the same requirements as ordinary cells? Or can I just make it a 1X1 box and make them suffer for their insolence?

Pretty sure it's just a box, place them separately in the middle of the yard for extra shaming.

A good idea is to have your save folder inside your Dropbox so you can never lose them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I believe it's up to you. No size requirements. I made mine 2x2, as I didn't really need too many.

Never make my solitary cells more than 1 block :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Some reason doors on my solitary cells never shut...?

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Some reason doors on my solitary cells never shut...?

Could be just a glitch, try dismantling them and install them again. I ran into a problem once where my workmen installed doors where there was a wall and didn't bother removing the walls so the door just slid back and forth. :P

Also cell doors stay open during the day unless your prisoners have nothing on in their regime, just in case that's what's happening.

Advertisement