Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pats accused of under inflating game balls against the Colts (MOD WARNING #457)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

the right decison imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Correct decision made, the evidence just wasn't there at all and it was completely disproportionate.

IF Goodell stays, we could see a lock out when the next CBA needs to be agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Live look at BB

belichick-lets-party-300x250.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Had a look at the judge's report...doesn't disagree with the Exponent findings.

Awful look for Goodell though in how he applied the punishment & handled the appeal. Makes his position look untenable to me. Applied made-up rules to Brady....judge says nothing in the rules about 'being aware of other's misconduct' being a punishiable offense, or non-cooperation with an investigation being an offense.

Then he denied Brady access to relevant witnesses at the appeal.

This analysis seems to make Goodell's position untenable as someone judging on future players' misconduct. (Whether the owners see it that way remains to be seen.)

@AdamSchefter

Five times in today's 40-page ruling, Judge Berman put quotation marks around “independent” in reference to Ted Wells’ investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think Brady deserved a suspension for it, however at the same time Goodell's approach was as appalling as ever and I'm kind of glad to see Mr. Smug With Inconsistent Punishments get egg on his face. I don't know how much of a role he has played in the growth of the league globally the last 10-12 years* but he has been shameful and pathetic on a number of issues, player punishments chief amongst them. Which is doubly terrible given the gag-inducing ““new sheriff in town“ rhetoric he prided himself on upon his appointment.

*The internet alone has played a bigger role than the NFL has - they've done a great job utilising it themselves, but streaming alone would have got it huge growth as other sports have also seen, even if the league completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy86 wrote: »
    I think Brady deserved a suspension for it, however at the same time Goodell's approach was as appalling as ever and I'm kind of glad to see Mr. Smug With Inconsistent Punishments get egg on his face. I don't know how much of a role he has played in the growth of the league globally the last 10-12 years* but he has been shameful and pathetic on a number of issues, player punishments chief amongst them. Which is doubly terrible given the gag-inducing ““new sheriff in town“ rhetoric he prided himself on upon his appointment.

*The internet alone has played a bigger role than the NFL has - they've done a great job utilising it themselves, but streaming alone would have got it huge growth as other sports have also seen, even if the league completely
    Brady deserved a suspension for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Great news. When an impartial independent fair adjudicator looked at the case, he simple dismissed the rubbish that was presented by the NFL. A lot of people should take a long look at themselves after all this crap.
    This was a case the league took to court, and they have been shown up. Justice has been served.

Another example of Goodell bringing shame and disgrace to the shield. Integirty? Rodger, I'd like to think you'd be out on your ass but the owners will protect you (something that Pats fans have to accept our own owner has done in the past).

Brady today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It's hard to say that Brady actually deserved a match ban. In one sense, you have to argue that the lack of cooperation initially was probably a result of knowing how incompetent the NFL are at investigating internal matters. However, the ruling does nothing to clear his name and only makes a mockery of NFL as opposed to saying that Brady was innocent in all this, which he wasn't IMO.

The Wells report is such a mess that you can't really take anything from it. You can't ban someone on the basis of a flawed investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If I'm reading nfl.com right, goodell will appeal but won't stop Brady playing the games

If I'm reading nfl.com right, goodell will appeal but won't stop Brady playing the games
    He really has no choice, I'd imagine his job is on the line at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Someone needs to get it into his head that when to stop digging, its ridiculous at this point, well beyond this point in fact. He has been made a show of and is only going to make it worse by dragging this on any further.

How I wish Mr Kraft had fought the unjust draconian punishments also, that first rounder is still leaving a sting but today is a day for celebration overall :)

Delighted an impartial observer stuck it to the NFL for their witch hunt and a hell of a lot of dopes in the media and a fair few posters on here should take a long hard look at themselves and if they had sense of decency would retract statements made on the back of a bull**** investigation and apologise to Brady (the ones in the media obviously) his name has been dragged through the mud and he was found guilty in trial by media with a huge furore, you can guarantee there wont be a similar level of coverage and hype around the judge making a mockery of the NFL's process.

They have carried themselves disgracefully, Goodell should go, but he probably wont.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

If Goodell got to rule on Brady's appeal, I think it would be quite appropriate that Judge Berman gets to rule on the NFL's appeal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

eagle eye wrote: »
    Apparently, for making Goodell look like the idiot he is!

Lying.

Lying.
    What did he lie about?

Apparently, for making Goodell look like the idiot he is!

Goodell is, was, and forever will be far better and far more consistent at that than Brady could ever hope to be, in fairness. I really would like to know what it would take for him to get the sacking he deserves, because these record profits for me are more a case of right place, right time than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Goodell won't attend season opener in Foxboro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I believe that Brady was "generally aware" of attempts by saff to deflate balls below the min required pressure, and I believe he did not discourage it.

As a result he and or the team should have been fined for an equipment violation, 20k or whatever it is.

But this has gone way beyond that.

This has turned into a power struggle between Goodell, (and the NFL as a whole) and the players association over who is in charge and who can get the most out of this CBA and future CBAs.

Brady just happened to be the high profile player that Goodell used for the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

me89 wrote: »
    Goodell won't attend season opener in Foxboro.

Goodell in common sense shocker

Lying.
    Lying is what Goodell did.

I believe that Brady was "generally aware" of attempts by saff to deflate balls below the min required pressure, and I believe he did not discourage it.

As a result he and or the team should have been fined for an equipment violation, 20k or whatever it is.

But this has gone way beyond that.

This has turned into a power struggle between Goodell, (and the NFL as a whole) and the players association over who is in charge and who can get the most out of this CBA and future CBAs.

Brady just happened to be the high profile player that Goodell used for the fight.
    Let's delve a little into this.

Put yourself in the shoes of the supposed deflator. They said all this happened while he was in a toilet for 1 minute 40 seconds. So he has two bags of balls and you are telling me that in 100 seconds he was able to deflate the balls.
    If you answer yes, then I'd ask you to get two bags of balls, soccer balls, rugby balls, American footballs and go see if you can enter a room and exit it with half the balls deflated in 100 seconds. If I can be there as a witness, I'll bet any amount of money up to 1k with you that you cannot do it.

Lying is what Goodell did.

Exactly, the only person who has been proven lying is Goodell and on multiple occasions.

Brady is the only one who went under oath to prove his innocence.

What did Brady lie about?

Billy86 must be off researching what he can come up with about Brady lying. He was here and posted after I posted so there is no reason for it to take so long other than he really hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Spare a thought for Jimmy though.

Chance... gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lying.

Surprised to see a post like that coming from you and it does suggest you haven't been keeping abreast of matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

As a sports fan with no dog in the fight, it's good to see such a travesty of justice overturned.

The whole NFL investigation and arbitration system is clearly completely unfit for purpose, many of those involved seemed to be either corrupt or incompetent.

Been up to my eyes all day and literally just heard about the ruling 20 minutes ago. From the first court appearance, when judge Berman said to the NFL - "Why would Brady need balls deflated, when statistically, he has played brilliantly with properly inflated balls?" That gave me hope of a positive outcome, when a man of high intelligence like judge Berman, could clearly see what those with agenda's couldn't. The CBA was my one area of concern though. But such was the farcical nonsense coming from the NFL, that judge Berman decided to hit them where it hurts.

Everything about the NFL's treatment of Brady has been completely unprecedented. Wife beaters, woman abusers, murderers and junkies have been treated with kid gloves in comparison. Brady has borne the brunt of a clique of Nazi's from the NFL's front offices. Guys who lied and mislead the media from day one, guys who would not release the correct data despite repeated requests to do so. One can only hope that a few of incompetence scumbags at the heart of this debacle will be turfed after the next CBA is resolved. So the next CBA will be a joy to watch, because a lot of players eyes have been opened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I got a breaking news notification this afternoon when news was breaking, and to be honest, it was like a weight lifted. I have followed damn all of the off season, it was just sickening to watch while all this crap was going on. I'm delighted this sham has turned as it has. What I cant understand though is why did the NFL push this so much? It really makes no sense for them to do what they did, and especially in the manner that they did. It was a stitch up from the word go, and despite all their negative press and absolute ridicule, they had an opportunity today to finish it, but no, they chose to appeal and once again keep the circus going. I see no reason for them to appeal if the judge, who they pretty much cherry picked and brought this case to court themselves, ruled against them. I cant see how another appeal would go in their favour.

• Advertisement

What makes this case and ruling extra sweet is that this was the court that the NFL handpicked for the case, they rushed to get it there rather then where Brady wanted the appeal held. They used every trick in the book and yet common sense still prevailed and showed Goodell and the rest of the witchhunting members of the league office for what they are.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Billy86 must be off researching what he can come up with about Brady lying. He was here and posted after I posted so there is no reason for it to take so long other than he really hasn't a clue what he is talking about.
    Working, more like. Don't be too busy rushing to paranoid conclusions, though.
    Surprised to see a post like that coming from you and it does suggest you haven't been keeping abreast of matters.
    Yeah, I'll admit I have not been following it as closely as some here since I'm not a Pats fan and they're not in the NFC either, but he was not found innocent here. The case was essentially thrown out because of failing to disclose information to both parties equally, the fact proper notification of punishment was never given, and the appointment of Pash without Brady being allowed to examine him first. But it did also accept the factual findings of the arbitrator in the case, and was not challenging them.

Like I said though, I don't have a dog in this fight either way, if anything I'm just happy to see Goodell made a fool of... again. What does that idiot seriously have to do to get fired?

The judge openly mocked the Wells report so I wouldn't be so quick to state he accepted the findings of it. If anything on closer examination the Wells report actually becomes worse and worse for Goodell and co, it really was just one big piece of very expensive trash.

bruschi wrote: »
    I got a breaking news notification this afternoon when news was breaking, and to be honest, it was like a weight lifted. I have followed damn all of the off season, it was just sickening to watch while all this crap was going on. I'm delighted this sham has turned as it has. What I cant understand though is why did the NFL push this so much? It really makes no sense for them to do what they did, and especially in the manner that they did. It was a stitch up from the word go, and despite all their negative press and absolute ridicule, they had an opportunity today to finish it, but no, they chose to appeal and once again keep the circus going. I see no reason for them to appeal if the judge, who they pretty much cherry picked and brought this case to court themselves, ruled against them. I cant see how another appeal would go in their favour.
    I've had this hanging over my head every day, just couldn't concentrate on the NFL at all. The most popular search term on all my devices is Tom Brady just checking up every single day on this.

I was seriously considering walking away from football if Brady had to serve a ban over this ridiculous nonsense. I'm so glad I don't have to do that now.

Really looking forward to the season opener now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well no matter what we believe there was a lack of evidence to prove it and also the NFL handled the report poorly.

I was stupid enough to hope that the judges decision would be the end of this and just saw the NFL appealing...when will it end :P

Working, more like. Don't be too busy rushing to paranoid conclusions, though.

Yeah, I'll admit I have not been following it as closely as some here since I'm not a Pats fan and they're not in the NFC either, but he was not found innocent here. The case was essentially thrown out because of failing to disclose information to both parties equally, the fact proper notification of punishment was never given, and the appointment of Pash without Brady being allowed to examine him first. But it did also accept the factual findings of the arbitrator in the case, and was not challenging them.

Like I said though, I don't have a dog in this fight either way, if anything I'm just happy to see Goodell made a fool of... again. What does that idiot seriously have to do to get fired?
    FYI this was brought to court by the NFL, they got their lawyers into court immediately after Goodell made his decision. They went after getting the ban upheld even if there was an appeal.

This case was all about the process and nothing else. Brady might be happy with this or he might decide to fight on further with this if he doesn't feel that it sufficiently clears his name.

but he was not found innocent here.
    And he most certainly was not found guilty by anyone who can be trusted.

I went along with the innocent until proven guilty mantra (something we'd all wish to receive), and given the lack of any evidence I don't plan to change my mind.

Rodger lied. His office failed to show integrity. Rodger condemned Brady due to lack of co-operation; yet he failed to co-operate when asked that Pash (the same guy who refused to correct the 11 of 12 balls report) testify, and also failed to co-operate when asked for the witness notes. Rodger's ego got in the way of the process when he headed the appeal, despite it being a clear conflict of interest.

How can anyone believe a single word he or his office has to say on this matter?

At least Wells can count his $5m to keep himself happy.

The whole process stinks. There shouldn't be an appeal taking place, there should be a full investigation of Rodger (co-operate and hand over your phone), his office and the NFL's conduct in all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I think this quote from a Bills fan on Reddit sums it up for me:
    While a lot of us wanted to see Brady and the Patriots get screwed, this is actually a big win for everyone. It is, and always has, been absurd that Goodell acts as his own arbitrator and this is a first step towards rectifying that. So as much as I wanted to face JimmyG in Week 2, in the long run, this is the best result for the long term integrity of the league and the next time a player on your favorite team has to face Goodell.

Goodell has to appeal. Whether right or wrong, if he doesn't appeal he leaves himself in all sorts of trouble any time he hands out another suspension. From a Jets perspective it is great and terrible at the same time.
    I wanted to see the Pats suffer, but with Richardson due to face Goodell in the near future, it is good to see him knocked off his high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

What this case shows is a blueprint for anyone that wants to break the rules in future and get away with it. Whether Brady knew or not, or whether he had any other involvement in what went on, this case shows what you can now do in terms of cooperation and non-cooperation and avoid any sanction. Whether someone with a less high profile name or on a less successful team, would have received the same outsome is open to debate, but as a Raiders fan, I'm not too surprised at the Patriots receiving a favourable interpretation of the rules(or in this case, law). I'm just not sure that if the quarterback facing the suspension had been playing for Oakland or Jacksonville, that the case would have ended up the same way.

Now, how are the NFL, players union and their sizeable teams of lawyers going to come up with a disciplinary regime that can investigate alleged wrongdoing, can force the parties involved to fully cooperate(with sanctions for non-compliance) and can produce a verdict and sanctions that don't continually end up in the courts(thereby delaying any final resolution and incurring huge legal fees) ?

heyjude wrote: »
    What this case shows is a blueprint for anyone that wants to break the rules in future and get away with it. Whether Brady knew or not, or whether he had any other involvement in what went on, this case shows what you can now do in terms of cooperation and non-cooperation and avoid any sanction. Whether someone with a less high profile name or on a less successful team, would have received the same outsome is open to debate, but as a Raiders fan, I'm not too surprised at the Patriots receiving a favourable interpretation of the rules(or in this case, law). I'm just not sure that if the quarterback facing the suspension had been playing for Oakland or Jacksonville, that the case would have ended up the same way.

Now, how are the NFL, players union and their sizeable teams of lawyers going to come up with a disciplinary regime that can investigate alleged wrongdoing, can force the parties involved to fully cooperate(with sanctions for non-compliance) and can produce a verdict and sanctions that don't continually end up in the courts(thereby delaying any final resolution and incurring huge legal fees) ?
    Well to be fair, everyone knows that Belichick is a stubborn and arrogant prick - Patriots fans embrace it completely, a bit like Man Utd fans did with Alex Ferguson. This is a situation where it paid off for them, because the man is nothing if not ballsy and I am sure had heavy involvement with this. Good on him I say.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'll admit I have not been following it

So therefore it was unnecessary and quite provocative to call Brady a liar then earlier. Especially when you admitted that you haven't been following matters closely.
    but he was not found innocent here. The case was essentially thrown out because of failing to disclose information to both parties equally, the fact proper notification of punishment was never given, and the appointment of Pash without Brady being allowed to examine him first. But it did also accept the factual findings of the arbitrator in the case, and was not challenging them.

The judge didn't accept any factual findings that were made by the NFL. The CBA also limited what judge Berman could rule on. The points of argument submitted by the NFLPA also directed the judge on what he should rule on. The judge was never expected to rule specifically on the Wells report and any of its extremely dodgy findings. Regarding arbitration, the judge also never accepted the independence of arbitration and he ridiculed the quantum leap Goodell made as an independent arbitrator during the trial. The only thing the judge accepted, was the limitations imposed upon his possible rulings by the CBA. So today, the judge was thus restricted to ruling only on the process, precedent and lack of notice. Essentially the specific points the case was being fought on.

Yet despite the fact that he couldn't rule on the Wells report and wasn't supposed to examine it during the case. The judge still felt the need during the process, to completely savage and ridicule the Wells report. No wonder the NFL then desperately hid Pash away from the second hearing. Pash the man who edited the 'independent' report before its release. The NFL kept him out of the courtroom to protect him from the judge and the judge not being a stupid man, was vocal about that in his courtroom. With Pash not there, judge Berman said cases have been thrown out of court for a failure to present a key witness to court. So the NFL escaped sanction and I thought that was a bad omen.

And even though the judge wasn't even supposed to examine or consider the science behind the whole debacle. His in court commentary were interpreted as a big slap down to the NFL, when he acknowledged what physics has told us all along. Properly inflated balls increased accuracy and a QB's performance. The judge even went as far as to point out the effect this had on Brady's in game performance....

“Turns out Mr. Brady did better with higher inflated balls than underinflated balls,” according to Brown. “You might say he got no competitive advantage.”

This was pretty unprecedented behaviour from a judge who basically mocked the NFL over the stupidity of their claims. And again it shocked legal analysts because the judge wasn't even supposed to even go there. Most analysts thought that even if the judge thought Brady was innocent and the Wells report & disciplinary process was a farce. The CBA would compel the judge to still rule for the NFL. They believed the best Brady could therefore hope for, was for a verbal rebuke of the NFL while still ruling in the NFL's favour. But it turns out judge Berman is a very smart man and was completely unimpressed by the bullshít case the NFL presented and its kangaroo court treatment of Brady.

Well to be fair, everyone knows that Belichick is a stubborn and arrogant prick - Patriots fans embrace it completely, a bit like Man Utd fans did with Alex Ferguson. This is a situation where it paid off for them, because the man is nothing if not ballsy and I am sure had heavy involvement with this. Good on him I say.
    So here you go again accusing somebody of being involved in something that probably never happened in the first place.

You are buying into the rubbish that the NFL gave the media if you believe any of this.

As I've said only a couple of hours ago, if you believe that it's possible to go into a room with two bags of balls and deflate all these footballs to a suitable level in 100 seconds then I'm willing to bet that you can't do it.

I'll get back to the rest in a bit, but care you explain why you quoted...
    Yeah, I'll admit I have not been following it as closely as some here since I'm not a Pats fan and they're not in the NFC either, but he was not found innocent here.

...as...
    Yeah, I'll admit I have not been following it

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

heyjude wrote: »
    What this case shows is a blueprint for anyone that wants to break the rules in future and get away with it. Whether Brady knew or not, or whether he had any other involvement in what went on, this case shows what you can now do in terms of cooperation and non-cooperation and avoid any sanction.

Come off it, don't be ridiculous.

If someone breaks a rule that has been defined and has disciplinary actions laid out already they cant fight it.
    What this case shows is that Goodel cant make up rule without telling players and hand out unprecedented punishment for something that had no defined disciplinary actions.

The punishment for non-cooperation is a fine, Brady was willing to pay a record fine for non-cooperation, he wasn't willing to take a 4 game suspension though as that's totally outside of the structure currently in place. The league wouldn't budge on fine vs suspension and the judge ruled against them for those reasons.

It would be like going to work where your contract states stealing a pen is an infraction worth a warning, you're suspected of stealing a pen and get fired on the spot.
    Now regardless of what you believe happened to the pen, your employer has overstepped his power and defined disciplinary procedures in the punishment, it wouldn't get held up in court.
    That doesn't mean that the next guy caught stealing a pen can get away with it, as long as the employer issues the correct punishment, a warning, it will stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

As a Steelers fan, I'm glad that justice was done and the judge exposed the biased, embarrassing nonsense for what it was. Brady is the best in the business and I'm glad we'll be facing him on opening night. Anything less than that would have been a disgrace to the game.

When people say well the results of Judge Berman's ruling don't prove that Brady is innocent they just prove the NFL didn't give due process to Brady, well keep this in mind, Brady has never had the chance to prove his innocence in deflating footballs at all. The investigation and appeal were obvious shams.

The investigation was full of wild assumptions and paid off science where anybody with half a brain who reads it would call it a farce. The appeal was clearly a farce when Goodell was the "independent" arbitrator and he threw out all of NFLPA's evidence with actual science that tried to prove Brady's evidence. Brady has never had a fair trail in terms of his innocence although in Judge Berman openly mocked the Well's report before giving his ruling on a labor agreement, its still not the same.

The NFL was never interested in finding the truth and having fair justice, they were only interested in appeasing the mob and media just like the Ray Rice case. Again if this was the Arizona Cardinals who were accused of deflating footballs would the NFL ban Carson Palmer 4 games, fine them $1,000,000 and take 2 draft picks? The NFL's actions are directly correlated to the amount of outrage of the mob and nothing to do with if somebody is guilty or not.

Also, the NFL appealing Judge Berman's decision is insane when you take a step back for a moment.

For a minor equipment violation that nobody cared about before the AFC Championship game, they have already fined the Patriots $1,000,000 and 2 draft picks.

On top of the harshest punishment ever given to a team, they are now fighting super hard wanting to go to the Supreme Court to give a 4 game suspension to one of the faces of the game Tom Brady while in the process dragging the NFL, the Patriots and Brady through the mud for maybe another year...for what?

There is something seriously corrupt going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Full report. If you are bothered about the reason...
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/03/sports/football/document-judge-dismisses-tom-bradys-four-game-suspension.html

The Court finds that Brady had no notice that he could receive a four-game suspension for general awareness of ball deflation by others or participation in any scheme to deflate footballs, and non-cooperation with the ensuing Investigation. Brady also had no notice that his discipline would be the equivalent of the discipline imposed upon a player who used performance enhancing drugs.

The Court finds that no player alleged or found to have had a general awareness of the inappropriate ball deflation activities of others or who allegedly schemed with others to let air out of footballs in a championship game and also had not cooperated in an ensuing investigation, reasonably could be on notice that their discipline would (or should) be the same as applied to a player who violated the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances.

52000897.jpg?w=420&h=266

Well to be fair, everyone knows that Belichick is a stubborn and arrogant prick - Patriots fans embrace it completely, a bit like Man Utd fans did with Alex Ferguson.
    A stubborn and arrogant prick? I hate it when people compare Bill to Ferguson.

Bill was asked about Deflategate, and he could have gone on an arrogant tirade against the NFL and could have been a prick about it. But instead he's onto the Steelers. Plenty of coaches (would have been like Ferguson) and could have stuck the knife in. Not Bill; and that's why we embrace him.

• Advertisement

Bill is one of a kind tbh

Advertisement