Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I would find that difficult to believe tbh, probably "info" intentionally leaked to make Punk appear in the worst light possible.

I wouldnt. Punk was expecting to face Triple H and now it looks like Bryan is getting that match. Punk now ends up with Kane. That's a mid card match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'd be utterly shocked that he'd walk over Bryan been given a programme over him, especially one with Hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wouldnt. Punk was expecting to face Triple H and now it looks like Bryan is getting that match. Punk now ends up with Kane. That's a mid card match.

There's nothing to suggest (either in terms of reports or what we see every week) that they were going in the direction of Trips/Bryan until last Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

mikey13 wrote: »
    That was last year hes spent months fighting the shield with no real purpose they obviously not trying to keep him past July so fair play to him for going on his own terms

He could at least leave with some dignity. He's not the first wrestler to be mishandled. I'm pretty sure his last PPV is meant to be in Chicago so he could have left with a great sendoff. I'm sure the door is still open for that to happen but who knows.

Fwiw I expected him to be gone in the summer(pretty sure I posted as much, and this was months ago), his attitude and demeanor are someone who's done with wrestling.

He leaves with money saved and a very comfortable life ahead of him. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rovert wrote: »
    Working the internet
    ???
    Profit

work internet too much
    people get annoyed
    ?????
    probably still profit

Ah who knows anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Getting annoyed with Batsita getting blame for this from people, Punk was interviewed last week and said he has no problems with Batsita being signed 'cause he is in it for the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

ProWrestling.net
    I was at Punk's Portland Comic Con and I didn't feel the need to relay the information until he departed from WWE. There are two key parts of his Q&A that stand out in retrospect.

1. He was very upset about Batista getting the WrestleMania main event, which pretty much spoiled the Royal Rumble. He clarified he was friends with "Dave" and that "they" would not be happy, but he wanted to be honest and it was Daniel Bryan's year. Actually, he said Bryan Danielson but corrected quickly.

2. He was very disinterested in the current product. Asked about promos he defeatedly made comments like "I show up. Someone tells me what to do and I just go out do it and leave." He implied his recent work was not good and was down to only using two moves a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

It's a shame Raw wasn't going to be in Chicago this Monday coming. That could have been fantastic to watch for crowd atmosphere alone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't think Bryan getting Punk's spot is the reason he walked out, there's plenty of other problems with the WWE and Punk at the moment.

I think Bryan is now in Punk's spot because of the walk out.

Garseys wrote: »
    I'd be utterly shocked that he'd walk over Bryan been given a programme over him, especially one with Hunter.

Yeah, you'd think Bryan would be one of the types of guys Punk would want elevated to work with, sure Punk was laughing his ass off the time a load of them were in the ring and the entire crowd was chanting for Bryan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Picture of CM Punk and Triple H on Sunday:

Couldn`t imagine Teddy Hart kicking Keano`s ass. :pac: :pac: :pac:

On a side note, this whole thing is far more interesting than anything creative have come up with in years!

anyone else think that wrestling booking is going to veer more into this sort of stuff in the future, you can't fool fans anymore with angles, so meet them on their own turf and blur the lines of reality and fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You'd wonder where Triple H stands on the whole thing. Vince seems like a guy that has been totally understanding towards people that have tried him over the years.

I'm totally picking this out of my backside but Trips has always come across as bullish and a man that would stand his ground. He is a Vince/WWE man through and through. Would he be a man to tell CM Punk to take his ball and F off.

I must add I'm imagine Hunter had much to do with Tista's return which Punk is ragging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I like Punk and get the impression his in-ring persona isn't a million miles away from the man outside the ring.

I can't imagine anyone would pull a strop about not getting to wrestle (and lose to) Triple f*cking H. It has to be about Batista and I think that is a legitimate gripe.

As an aside, the YES Movement or whatever you want to call it, aren't actually going to accept a match against HHH as a suitable payoff to pacify the Batista disgrace...are they?

krudler wrote: »
    On a side note, this whole thing is far more interesting than anything creative have come up with in years!

anyone else think that wrestling booking is going to veer more into this sort of stuff in the future, you can't fool fans anymore with angles, so meet them on their own turf and blur the lines of reality and fantasy.
    Great in theory, but Batista has been stripped of any credibility by it. He has movies to promote. Unless this genius plan was done without his knowledge I don't see it.

There's nothing to suggest (either in terms of reports or what we see every week) that they were going in the direction of Trips/Bryan until last Monday.

He was at the Rumble with no issues on Sunday then suddenly walks out on Monday morning? I reckon he was told that Bryan was facing Triple H instead now which caused the walk out. Bryan is getting the match due to the Rumble fall out.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was too much for Punk. He was likely expecting main event since Rock wasnt going to be around but instead ends up in the mid card.

He was at the Rumble with no issues on Sunday then suddenly walks out on Monday morning? I reckon he was told that Bryan was facing Triple H instead now which caused the walk out. Bryan is getting the match due to the Rumble fall out.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was too much for Punk. He was likely expecting main event since Rock wasnt going to be around but instead ends up in the mid card.

I don't see it. Pulling out of the Rumble at that notice wouldn't be something most would do. I don't get the impression Punk has any gripe with Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CM Punk got screwed in regards to WRESTLEMANIA XXX

CSF wrote: »
    I like Punk and get the impression his in-ring persona isn't a million miles away from the man outside the ring.

I can't imagine anyone would pull a strop about not getting to wrestle (and lose to) Triple f*cking H. It has to be about Batista and I think that is a legitimate gripe.

As an aside, the YES Movement or whatever you want to call it, aren't actually going to accept a match against HHH as a suitable payoff to pacify the Batista disgrace...are they?

Then why now? Why not five or six weeks ago when it was announced he was coming back? Surely Punk is connected enough to know in advance he was winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

As long as Bryan wins and the reward is a title match at Payback(whatever's next) I'd be happy

• Advertisement

I don't see it. Pulling out of the Rumble at that notice wouldn't be something most would do. I don't get the impression Punk has any gripe with Bryan.

I dont think he has a gripe with Bryan either. More so the fact that it means Punk is reduced to a mid card feud now.

Then why now? Why not five or six weeks ago when it was announced he was coming back? Surely Punk is connected enough to know in advance he was winning.

There could be any number of reasons why Punk fulfilled his obligations. I won't claim to know them. How could I? There was a grumbling going on for a while now about his discontent. Entirely possible being bumped further down the card has pushed him over the edge but I don't think that is the main gripe. Punk is a wrestling man who would appreciate a guy like Bryan.

I dont think he has a gripe with Bryan either. More so the fact that it means Punk is reduced to a mid card feud now.

Yeah I think that might have pushed him over the edge alright. Which is reasonable enough.

mikey13 wrote: »
    As long as Bryan wins and the reward is a title match at Payback(whatever's next) I'd be happy

Extreme Rules.

And guess where it is?

Seattle, Washington.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Extreme Rules.

And guess where it is?

Seattle, Washington.

Batista's home town :D:D:D

And guess where the PPV after WM is?

Seattle, Washington.

Serious amount of work to do to make any payoff there a fraction of the size of a WM title win though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I'd look at it a bit differently. He was at the rumble with no issues because he was booked to be, it was part of the storyline that had been building. Also, to no show at that event after having been advertised as entrant No.1 would be seriously unprofessional and bridge burning.

Now on Monday night he gets there and finds out that he's being written out of the storyline that he has just spent a few months building and that now he's going to be put towards facing Kane at what is possibly his last wrestlemania. I can well imagine him saying 'sorry but fcuk that' and just heading home pissed based on how expendable they find him.

Hey may be miffed at Bryan getting his match with Trips but i'd say it's more likely he'd be pissed at the fact that they would shoehorn Bryan into his storyline role instead of capitalising on how popular Bryan is and finding ways to insert him into the Wrestlemania main event.

And a stones throw away from DBs hometown.
    Serious amount of work to do to make any payoff there a fraction of the size of a WM title win though

I agree with you but him beating HHH at WM and setting up a title match at ERs would be fine with me.

I agree with you but him beating HHH at WM and setting up a title match at ERs would be fine with me.

Fine enough to stop the IWC from taking a steamy **** on the Batista/Orton main event? I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Batista is from Washington DC which is on the opposite coast. He's not from Seattle Washington

Advertisement