Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

Is there anywhere in Dublin that gets a Hibs crowd in to watch the matches when they are on?

Revenue HQ? :o :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I very rarely visit the Soccer forum, probably why I've never seen this thread 'til now!

Nice to see a Hibee thread none the less.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that gets a Hibs crowd in to watch the matches when they are on?

Czech Inn near Temple Bar has a supporters group for all games on TV.

Mostly Scottish lads, but also get Irish there.

Not been in while myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Czech Inn near Temple Bar has a supporters group for all games on TV.

Mostly Scottish lads, but also get Irish there.

Not been in while myself though.

Was in there a good while back myself for a match, wasn't sure if they still showed the games. Will need to drag the Old Man out the house for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Was in there a good while back myself for a match, wasn't sure if they still showed the games. Will need to drag the Old Man out the house for the next one.

We havent been watching any games in the Czech Inn for a couple of years now, for various reasons.

There are usually a few of us in Murrays for all live games - top of O'Connell Street (was called Frazers back in the day). Will hopefully get a decent crowd for those of us not managing to make it over for the cup match on the 3rd.

This is the only place with enough TVs to make sure hibs are on when we clash with english matches, and also has all the dodgy italian, arab and serbian channels that show our games suprisingly frequently.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    We havent been watching any games in the Czech Inn for a couple of years now, for various reasons.

There are usually a few of us in Murrays for all live games - top of O'Connell Street (was called Frazers back in the day). Will hopefully get a decent crowd for those of us not managing to make it over for the cup match on the 3rd.

This is the only place with enough TVs to make sure hibs are on when we clash with english matches, and also has all the dodgy italian, arab and serbian channels that show our games suprisingly frequently.

Was in there for both Celtic and Aberdeen cup semi last year and there was Hibs fans there. Not as many as usual, but still a few there so presumed there was still supporters watching them there.

Was in there for both Celtic and Aberdeen cup semi last year and there was Hibs fans there. Not as many as usual, but still a few there so presumed there was still supporters watching them there.

I think there is an advert in the evening herald that might still say the Czech Inn on it, we will need to get that changed. Although its a good sign if there are hibs fans in more than one pub in Dublin!

The Czech Inn puts on the odd big match but it is not reliable if we clash with the premiership. Murrays has been good to us since (apart from a brief stint in the Players Lounge :eek:) It also joins on to the Living Room at the back which sometimes puts the match on in its heated beergarden.

There are not as many around as the John Collins days as a lot of the old regulars have emigrated/had kids/moved to swords etc so would be good to get all hibees in the one place!

I think there is an advert in the evening herald that might still say the Czech Inn on it, we will need to get that changed. Although its a good sign if there are hibs fans in more than one pub in Dublin!

The Czech Inn puts on the odd big match but it is not reliable if we clash with the premiership. Murrays has been good to us since (apart from a brief stint in the Players Lounge :eek:) It also joins on to the Living Room at the back which sometimes puts the match on in its heated beergarden.

There are not as many around as the John Collins days as a lot of the old regulars have emigrated/had kids/moved to swords etc so would be good to get all hibees in the one place!

I would love to join up sometime. Move back to Dublin after Xmas so will be onto you to see where ye will be watching a match sometime.

I still hope we are doing as well then as we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

oh god didnt think the hibees knew about murrays... il have to watch my back now haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

And some of us have never left Waterford :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

We have been linked to just about anybody from the league of ireland since Fenlon took charge.

As much as i hate to take a player from Saints, if Forrester got some porridge down him he could be a quality player in the SPL.

1967 wrote: »
    And some of us have never left Waterford :D

:D

Tryin to get old man Kev to head up from Wexford for the cup game if his missus lets him out. combine it with some xmas shopping in the big smoke!

oh god didnt think the hibees knew about murrays... il have to watch my back now haha

seems to be quite few supporters clubs from teams across europe based in that pub. there are still a good few celts around but many who used to drink in there seem to have moved up the road to summerhill over the last couple of years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Hibs sack PA announcer for taking the mickey out of Hearts.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-sack-pa-announcer-after-taxman-aired-at-easter-road-1-2630101

They surely cannot be serious? He plays a song to give the fans a bit of a laugh at the expense of their derby rivals. OK, maybe the club officialdom didn't approve, but sacking the guy is OTT.

As for the supposed Hearts supporters who took offence, (a) I can't find them and (b) so what?
    Follows on from the Falkirk announcer getting sacked for calling Sevco, Sevco.

There is a certain subsection of Scottish society that react in an aggressive and dangerous manner when they are not placed on a pedestal. I guess Hibs didn't want their staff threatened or attacked.

I guess Hibs didn't want their staff threatened or attacked.

It would appear that Hibs, in this particular instance, wanted their staff sacked. :cool:

As I said already, anyone I know in the Hearts support reckon the guy was only doing what we'd do if the positions were reversed, and reckon that he didn't really do anything wrong.

It was nice while it lasted.

You should never get too confident when you support Hibs. I was today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It was nice while it lasted.

You should never get too confident when you support Hibs. I was today.

Getting to the top is one thing, staying there is quite another!

You would have gotten nice odds for that upset today

Im not too concerned, we are going to get some results like this across the season.

It sounded like the 2nd and 3rd were both rather fortunate - we have been getting most of the breaks so far this year in fairness.

Hopefully we will get a big reaction next week, it has happened after each dodgy performance this season

• Advertisement

seems to be quite few supporters clubs from teams across europe based in that pub. there are still a good few celts around but many who used to drink in there seem to have moved up the road to summerhill over the last couple of years
    yip i like it, its good on european nights in my experience though theres always one set of fans louder than the rest ;) bad day in the office for hibs today bringing the league back to normality hah...

just hope now our form does not go backwards now after last 2 games.

Disappointing.

Sounds like we didnt play too badly, although we will need a positive result tonight going into Sunday. We are going to need a bit of luck with McPake and Deegan still out. I dont think the support can take another derby defeat.

Old Man Brown has some cheek re his pre-match comments on hibs fans putting too much pressure on their own players. Pittodrie has one of the worst atmospheres in the SPL, and everyday is 1983.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭eire4

Good luck to Hibernian this weekend. Hope you get a little pay back for last May.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

1 nil up late. Would be a fantastic win for Nutsy if they hold on.

If Hearts score I will cry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Good stuff well in Hibs

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1305637352_players-crazy-celebrating.gif?w=640

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Great result for Hibs, delighted for Fenlon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Come on FENLON! He annoyed me at times with Bohs but great to see a Irish manager make a name for himself. I remember seeing some snobbish comments coming from the hate everything league of ireland brigade when Hibs were struggling.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well done Hibs. Watched the game, not a classic by any means but I thought Hibs were starting to take control of the game when Griffiths went off injured. When that happened, I thought it might have swung in Hearts' favour but fair play to Hibs, they kept their composure and took their chance well.

Absolutely delighted for Fenlon, you could see how much it meant to him, and you could also see his popularity being cemented with the fans there. Some turnaround from last season, I'm glad Hibs stuck with him as they could have easily got rid and tried to stick a new manager in.

Must feel nice after so long, and at least goes some way to making up for the awful cup final last May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭eire4

Not a beautiful game to watch but well done to Hibernian. A little payback for last May but most importantly gets that derby monkey off the teams back.

By no means a pretty game of football but the result was everything,it doesn't make up for last May but then again its nice to be in the record books as winning the last ever edinburgh derby :D

Thats second 3-0 defeat in last 4-5 games. Not too pleased being honest. Still though I guess ICT is never one of our better places where we go.

Thats second 3-0 defeat in last 4-5 games. Not too pleased being honest. Still though I guess ICT is never one of our better places where we go.
    Aye, we always have a tough game up there.

Haven't seen any highlights or read any reports yet, were we bad all round?

Aye, we always have a tough game up there.

Haven't seen any highlights or read any reports yet, were we bad all round?

Could of taken early lead but heard after that ICT were well on top.

Heard we were 2 up and was happy. Would of been annoyed at a draw from there, but to get beat is sickening.

We might not be able to beat Ross County, but when you can beat a team that can dispatch of the best team in the world.:D:D:D:D

Oh Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibs Style!!!

does that make hibs the best team in the world by default kinda? haha

does that make hibs the best team in the world by default kinda? haha

I think it does yes. No default just fact:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Any of ye going to game Thursday?

Love to be going. For once I think we have a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Oh to be, Oh to be, Oh to be a Hibeeeee!

Any of ye going to game Thursday?

Love to be going. For once I think we have a chance.

Im going, although never confident of getting a result there. We are going to have to score first i think, not sure we can chase a game against them.

Although interestingly we are unbeaten in evening kick offs against hearts since 1997.

Although interestingly we are unbeaten in evening kick offs against hearts since 1997.

That is interesting. Although say there has not been that many of them either.

That is interesting. Although say there has not been that many of them either.

There has been 7 i think.

We have won the last four 7.45 kick offs, and won 2 and drawn 1 of the 6.05 kick offs.

Fairly startling considering how unbelievably ****e our overall record is against them. Hope im not jinxing it now:eek:

Getting more nervous the closer to KO.

Would take a draw now. You just never know what team will show up tonight.

Getting more nervous the closer to KO.

Would take a draw now. You just never know what team will show up tonight.
    True.

I'm stuck in work tonight so will be relying on the beeb website for updates. Might have to take a break around 7.45 mind you!

True.

I'm stuck in work tonight so will be relying on the beeb website for updates. Might have to take a break around 7.45 mind you!

I actually be more confident if we were playing Celtic or Rangers away now.

I hate saying it but Hearts at around 5/4 this morning looked good price.

Fingers crossed anyway.

You can never be over confident in a derby,i just hope they build on saturdays result and turn the yams over, hopefully the cup result will give us even more confidence to push on and instill more misery on the jambos

• Advertisement

Time stood still when with Suttons header in injury time.

We were ok. Hearts were slightly better side, but we were positive and we showed great fight this time.

Much more of that please.

Advertisement