Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good game caller

Options
  • 14-09-2014 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Lads what do ye recommend in a game caller. Needs to have rabbit and corvids mainly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Using electronic callers is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

juice1304 wrote: »
    Using electronic callers is illegal.

Really? I was under the impression it was only illegal for deer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

(d) use an electrical or other instrument or appliance (including recording apparatus) emitting sound, for the purpose of hunting any wild bird or any wild animal.”,
    Well that was the impression i got from reading this.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2000/en/act/pub/0038/sec0043.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Makes me laugh that you can buy these callers in most every shop, yet they are illegal to use on the majority of game.

The law says "any wild Animal" or "any wild bird" which refers to any game with a season and this covers crows, pigeons, pheasants, ducks, deer, etc". I think/believe foxes and rabbits are exempt as they are not classed under the legislation as "wild animal". IOW no season and no protection other basic animal rights.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

Yeah I see them everywhere and on net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

juice1304 wrote: »
    Well that was the impression i got from reading this.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2000/en/act/pub/0038/sec0043.html

Maybe so, never really looked into it as the only caller I use is a handheld fox call.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Lockvogel are a great call

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

agree with jimy1971 have one with a second chip, hard to beat them

Are u callers any good ??

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Are u callers any good ??

Theyre alright,can be a bit crackly though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Varmint Shooter

Lockvogel are very good but are expensive. UCaller are as has been said a bit 'crackly' but not badly priced.

I gave up on them years ago as the sound is too 'artificial' and foxes get educated to them too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭donacarney

The ucaller from sports den

Yeah was looking at u caller on sportsden and mcbrides have a mini colibri bird it's €155 !
    Are they any good does anyone know ??

Advertisement