Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If you have + and have been "getting" the vita freebies or are big into RPGs then I'd say go for it.
    I use mine mostly for indies now but have a nice back catalog of games I download now and again. Wish there were more decent games but it's a nice console.
    Don't use it for remote play anymore - using the vita TV for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have a ps4 and was looking at the vita.

When the vita launched I bought it straight away and the library was imo terrible at the time so sold the console

May be a biased place to ask but thoughts on the vita now? Worth a buy to use with ps4 etc? I'm between buying and not tbh

Unless you are into JRPG's or have Plus and have been keeping all the Vita games that have been offered, it is not really worth it just for remote play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Xenji wrote: »
    Unless you are into JRPG's or have Plus and have been keeping all the Vita games that have been offered, it is not really worth it just for remote play.

I have a few games from plus but not a huge amount

I am just reluctant to spend the cash on it

Although it is 90 euro hardly life or death, I just don't want to be left with an ornament

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I disagree.

I played he bulk of Destiny approx 250hrs worth on the vita remotely.

Works great and if you only have one telly you'll definately get your money's worth from that function alone.

Otherwise there some great titles, ports, and indies.

It's a serious bit of hardware that is seriously under appreciated imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I disagree.

I played he bulk of Destiny approx 250hrs worth on the vita remotely.

Works great and if you only have one telly you'll definately get your money's worth from that function alone.

Otherwise there some great titles, ports, and indies.

It's a serious bit of hardware that is seriously under appreciated imho.
    cheers murphy i bit and paid 84 for a vita original oled screen with 2 4gb memory cards and two full retail games that trade for 25 in cex so i
    basically got the vita and two memory cards for 60 euro delivered :D

not bad considering a second controller would cost that anyways

• Advertisement

cheers murphy i bit and paid 84 for a vita original oled screen with 2 4gb memory cards and two full retail games that trade for 25 in cex so i
    basically got the vita and two memory cards for 60 euro delivered :D

not bad considering a second controller would cost that anyways

Good call on the oled screen.

It's the one I have too and it's just a beautiful display.

Good value you got there too. Enjoy!

I've ordered the L2 R2 attachment on Play Asia. I'll let ya know if it's any good when I get it in a few weeks time.

http://m.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

My l2r2 button case came from play Asia today.

Only had 5 mins with it so far but seems good.

Make no mistake though it is a cheap plastic case with l2r2 buttons but I'd say if you look after it it'll be grand.

I'll give more updates as I go but happy with the purchase so far.

Played 5 mins of metal gear 1 earlier which I downloaded ages ago and never stuck with because of the fiddley touch controls at the back for l2r2 but they worked fine with the new case.

So initial thoughts are its good but I'd wonder about the quality over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Looking to get a Vita as a gift for a friend. Nowhere in Dublin seems to sell them. Gamestop have a Lego bundle for €199 but my mate wouldn't be into Lego. I've tried Smyths, HMV etc but they don't stock them. Argos have a plain Vita (no games) for €249 which is a bit of a joke.

Any ideas? Need to get one first thing tomorrow morning. I'd prefer not to get a used one from Adverts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Looking to get a Vita as a gift for a friend. Nowhere in Dublin seems to sell them. Gamestop have a Lego bundle for €199 but my mate wouldn't be into Lego. I've tried Smyths, HMV etc but they don't stock them. Argos have a plain Vita (no games) for €249 which is a bit of a joke.

Any ideas? Need to get one first thing tomorrow morning. I'd prefer not to get a used one from Adverts too.

Aw your friend is so lucky to have such a generous friend as yourself! :) If you did decide to go the second-hand route, CEX is another option, and they'd give you a year's guarantee with it. Not sure where else besides the other places you mentioned.

shuffles03 wrote: »

Check around the 5 European Amazons and you can now buy games and consoles from Amazon.jp as well, they usually have the best prices and can vary a lot from each store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Check around the 6 Amazons, you can now buy games and consoles from Amazon.jp as well, they usually have the best prices and can vary a lot from each store.

I wanted to get a Japanese-only special edition console actually, would you have to pay added customs upon delivery from amazon.jp do you know?

I wanted to get a Japanese-only special edition console actually, would you have to pay added customs upon delivery from amazon.jp do you know?

No, Vat is included in the price, you can only get it from Amazon itself and not a reseller, they are very quick with delivery as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers for all the replies! Need to get it this morning as friend is going away so GameStop and the Lego bundle appear to be the only option. Thanks again!

Ok so I said I'd give an update on the vita r2l2 button case yolk.

This is more of a mini update but anyway...

I played an hour and a half of metal gear solid there and I must say it worked perfectly well. No issue at all. As I said feels slightly cheap but work perfectly.

The way the r2l2 buttons are on the touch pad makes it pretty much impossible to play this game without the case imo. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

I assume it'll work well with other ps1 titles like this.

I haven't given remote play much of a go but will in time.

Just not getting much time in general to game at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If you have jak and daxter 2, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it with this case? the gun system in that game needed r2 & l2 and i gave up in frustration trying to play it on the vita

RedXIV wrote: »
    If you have jak and daxter 2, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it with this case? the gun system in that game needed r2 & l2 and i gave up in frustration trying to play it on the vita

I could be wrong but I think I might have it.

Did it come free on psn in the past two years? I think it did.

If so I'll check it out for you and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I could be wrong but I think I might have it.

Did it come free on psn in the past two years? I think it did.

If so I'll check it out for you and let you know.

The trilogy was free back roughly mid 2013

van_beano wrote: »
    The trilogy was free back roughly mid 2013

I think I was in psn then and I think I remember downloading it but it was a pain to plays so have up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I think I was in psn then and I think I remember downloading it but it was a pain to plays so have up

They gave the PS3 and PSVita versions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ok so I said I'd give an update on the vita r2l2 button case yolk.

This is more of a mini update but anyway...

I played an hour and a half of metal gear solid there and I must say it worked perfectly well. No issue at all. As I said feels slightly cheap but work perfectly.

The way the r2l2 buttons are on the touch pad makes it pretty much impossible to play this game without the case imo. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

I assume it'll work well with other ps1 titles like this.

I haven't given remote play much of a go but will in time.

Just not getting much time in general to game at the minute.

Where'd you get it, was looking at amazon JP but it was 45 ish and then shipping on top.

Haven't seen it in stock anywhere else.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Where'd you get it, was looking at amazon JP but it was 45 ish and then shipping on top.

Haven't seen it in stock anywhere else.

I got it on playasia. It was out of stock but came back into stock a few weeks back. Haven't looked since so don't know is it in stock now or not.

I'm currently at psycomantis in metal gear. Those of you who have played the game will know how many hours I've put in at this stage so yeah it's going well. Working perfectly.

In other news I talked about my concern over its build quality. Well I dropped it the other day and yes it broke apart BUT it went back together. All the clips just snapped back into place. I'd imagine I was just lucky though. I could see those clips snapping off fairly handy.

Need to get me a new case now that it'll fit into after use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

X-Com is out now on vita, it includes the dlc too. Reports on reddt is that it looks and runs pretty well for a vita port, generally 30 fps with some dips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    X-Com is out now on vita, it includes the dlc too. Reports on reddt is that it looks and runs pretty well for a vita port, generally 30 fps with some dips.
    Including Enemy Within?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Including Enemy Within?

From what iv read it on reddt it does have the enemy within dlc. Sorry cant link from phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Sony don't help the vita with stuff like this dropping by surprise. Not that I'm complaining mind XCOM is a superb game & a nice fit for the Vita too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Do you need a memory card for Physical games? And where's the cheapest place to get a memory card, €20 for 8gb in Argos seems to be the best.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Do you need a memory card for Physical games? And where's the cheapest place to get a memory card, €20 for 8gb in Argos seems to be the best.

?

And are Vita's region locked, Seen someone on adverts selling a Japanese one would there be any problems with it over here?

Yes you need a memory card, Argos is the cheapest unless you go the online route.
    ?

And are Vita's region locked, Seen someone on adverts selling a Japanese one would there be any problems with it over here?

It is region free.

Yes you need a memory card, Argos is the cheapest unless you go the online route.

Where online?

It is region free.

So I'd have no problem with digital/physical games or remote play?

• Advertisement

So I'd have no problem with digital/physical games or remote play?

There will be no issues, just do a factory reset on it if your getting one second hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement