Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Xenji wrote: »
    There will be no issues, just do a factory reset on it if your getting one second hand.

Cheers man!

Anybody got a Japanese console? Is the X & O being switched around annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody got a Japanese console? Is the X & O being switched around annoying?

I have one, but it doesn't annoy me at all really. Got the white model when I was in Tokyo a few years ago, there might have been some getting used to using x to affirm actions but I must have gotten used to it pretty quickly.

I have one, but it doesn't annoy me at all really. Got the white model when I was in Tokyo a few years ago, there might have been some getting used to using x to affirm actions but I must have gotten used to it pretty quickly.

That's the one I want to get, it's by far the nicest looking one imo. I know I can remap buttons but read it could make things very confusing and I doubt I'd like using O to confirm even if it is only for the main menu, prob just get a black Eu model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    That's the one I want to get, it's by far the nicest looking one imo. I know I can remap buttons but read it could make things very confusing and I doubt I'd like using O to confirm even if it is only for the main menu, prob just get a black Eu model.

Ah yeah it's up to personal preference, but I Love my white vita, it looks and plays great 3 years on, the inconvenience and momentarily forgetting the button mapping is worth it in my opinion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A new firmware version is out, just some tweaks to quality of the system performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Anyone looking to get Severed next week? €15 with 10% off for PS+ subscribers in the first week of sale.

I'll definitely be looking to pick it up, Guacamelee! was terrific, great to see DrinkBox's continuous support for the Vita as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'll definitely be buying it. Pity it wasn't a weekend earlier as I've a flight this weekend. Would have been perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be buying it. Pity it wasn't a weekend earlier as I've a flight this weekend. Would have been perfect.
    That's a pitty alright, I have 2 hour flight and a 5 hour bus journey the weekend afterwards so I'll be delighted to have something to play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Digimon Cyber Sleuth is down to €20 in the spring sale.

I remember hearing lots of good things about this when it was released, anyone here pick it up?

Does it hold up well?

• Advertisement

I'm tempted to get it along with Volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just picked up €10 PS Store credit. Any Vita recommendations?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth is down to €20 in the spring sale.

I remember hearing lots of good things about this when it was released, anyone here pick it up?

Does it hold up well?

Excellent game.
    shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just picked up €10 PS Store credit. Any Vita recommendations?

If you could extend it to 15 I would recommend severed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Am I crazy to be considering picking up a Vita at this stage, or is there a few years left in it? I'd like to pick up a proper handheld for my commute (I hate Android games) but I'm a little uncertain about it.

Also, am I right in thinking that a lot of PS4 indie games like The Birth of Isaac and Limbo will be downloadable onto the Vita from my PS account? Surely I don't have to purchase them again? That would be a huge bonus if it worked because I'd have a mini-library of games right from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Am I crazy to be considering picking up a Vita at this stage, or is there a few years left in it? I'd like to pick up a proper handheld for my commute (I hate Android games) but I'm a little uncertain about it.

Also, am I right in thinking that a lot of PS4 indie games like The Birth of Isaac and Limbo will be downloadable onto the Vita from my PS account? Surely I don't have to purchase them again? That would be a huge bonus if it worked because I'd have a mini-library of games right from the start.

No your absolutely not crazy, great handheld console which I am playing as we speak (just completed one of my favourite games ever Duke nukem 3d which was free on the vita a while back). The sheer amount of indie and free games on psn make this worth the purchase alone. Throw in all the physical copies games such as uncharted, killzone and rayman and you have a great little console with hours worth of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, any point holding on to PS vita? Is there still something good for it coming out? I got the Original one since launch. It havent been played in ages since Persona. All my handheld gaming is done on 3ds and I want to get 3DS XL now. Cex giving me for 16gb memory card and ps vita about 100eu cash. It would go nicely towards new 3DS XL.

Guys, any point holding on to PS vita? Is there still something good for it coming out? I got the Original one since launch. It havent been played in ages since Persona. All my handheld gaming is done on 3ds and I want to get 3DS XL now. Cex giving me for 16gb memory card and ps vita about 100eu cash. It would go nicely towards new 3DS XL.

I'm looking to get rid aswell. 100 cash is not bad.

I genuinely don't see the point in selling hardware unless it's an upgrade but each to their own.

Next main game I'd be looking forward to on Vita is Zero Time Dilemma but I guess you could play that on a 3DS even though it will look pretty average on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

tok9 wrote:
    I genuinely don't see the point in selling hardware unless it's an upgrade but each to their own.

I seriously regret not holding onto all my old consoles. Ps 1/2 all broke but I'm talking Atari 800 Atari 2600/7800 megadrive, original game boy. Sad. So sad :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm looking to get rid aswell. 100 cash is not bad.

Unless you need the cash I wouldn't, you may regret it, have a look at the backlog of games and see if theres anything that interest ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Vita still gets a lot of play time for me, I still have Severed and Skull Girls 2 to start and Darkest Dungeon, Zero Time Dilemma, Root Double: Before Crime * After Days and World End Economica to get later this year.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects, Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, God Eater Resurrection, Attack on Titan, Exist Archive, Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness and World Of Final Fantasy are all getting a Vita and PS4 release this year as well.

Xenji wrote: »
    The Vita still gets a lot of play time for me, I still have Severed and Skull Girls 2 to start and Darkest Dungeon, Zero Time Dilemma, Root Double: Before Crime * After Days and World End Economica to get later this year.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects, Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, God Eater Resurrection, Attack on Titan, Exist Archive, Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness and World Of Final Fantasy are all getting a Vita and PS4 release this year as well.

Looking forward to most of them myself, about time God eater came over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Isn't God eater something like monster hunter? If yes, them I am all in.

And wait a second, is darkest dungeon on vita now?! I love it on pc, but itself like a good hand held game or even tablet game! That alone might put me off selling it so.

cheers lads!

Isn't God eater something like monster hunter? If yes, them I am all in.

And wait a second, is darkest dungeon on vita now?! I love it on pc, but itself like a good hand held game or even tablet game! That alone might put me off selling it so.

cheers lads!

DD is coming sometime this year to vita.

Give freedom wars a go if you haven't.

Another playstation sale, some nice bargains in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Hey guys,

So looking to pick up one of these, travelling a lot lately so would prefer to have a handheld console as smartphone gaming isn't for me.

Is there any issues with these to look out for? Thinking about picking it up 2nd hand but Dont want to walk myself into a problem!

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So looking to pick up one of these, travelling a lot lately so would prefer to have a handheld console as smartphone gaming isn't for me.

Is there any issues with these to look out for? Thinking about picking it up 2nd hand but Dont want to walk myself into a problem!

The newer, 'slim' model didn't review as well as the original model. Apparently the screen isn't as good. So go for the older version.

I suspect most of the ones being sold new in shops will now be the slim version, although Argos are still selling the original in a Lego bundle box.

I bought my one new a few weeks ago, and while I don't regret it, I probably should have bought a second hand one. You'll get an unboxed one from CeX for 130 quid which is a bargain. Just be sure to check it first for scratches, etc, just in case.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The newer, 'slim' model didn't review as well as the original model. Apparently the screen isn't as good. So go for the older version.

I suspect most of the ones being sold new in shops will now be the slim version, although Argos are still selling the original in a Lego bundle box.

I bought my one new a few weeks ago, and while I don't regret it, I probably should have bought a second hand one. You'll get an unboxed one from CeX for 130 quid which is a bargain. Just be sure to check it first for scratches, etc, just in case.

Cheers buddy, I'll head down to cex and also have a look online, much appreciated

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Cheers buddy, I'll head down to cex and also have a look online, much appreciated

No worries at all. :)

You'll also have to purchase an SD card separately. A good sized card is essential if you plan on downloading games.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the heads up, have a good few knocking around here so can use them.

Tempted by the argos bundle but not sure how much use I would get out of the games. Will see what pops up online!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement