Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon X and Y announced for 3DS

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

delta36 wrote: »
    I do agree with you though, only really played Diamond and then White, some of the pokemon like the ice cream and the trash bag are pretty atrocious.

yeah, i mean remember the good old days when we had pokemon with really inventive designs, like the cat, the monkey, the rock, the seal, the ghost, the mime, some mud, and the blackface pokemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

yeah, i mean remember the good old days when we had pokemon with really inventive designs, like the cat, the monkey, the rock, the seal, the ghost, the mime, some mud, and the blackface pokemon.

Haha, who are we kidding? They ran out of ideas on day one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i was gonna jump on the black and white series but i may hold out till pokemon x and y are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I thought yous were joking, just googled them

Trubbish his name is ?

I think I'll just go back and play Gold.
    It's also a bit funny, that I'd say most people commenting on this "Pokemon" thread are in their mid 20s :P , and I'd wager none under 18

There were always a few dumb ones though, and with the amount of different pokémon, there's bound to be a few turnips (and possibly even ones that look like turnips) in the bunch. There's no chance of getting 700(ish) cool anythings. Quality will waver from time to time. As mentioned though, there are still plenty of deadly ones in the mix. Personally, I think Zebstrika is class, Durant is pretty cool too, and the little electric spider which I can't recall the name of right now is deadly. Not to mention the big guys like Stoutland, Emboar, Luxray, and lots of the dragon types.

And on the note of most people here being mid-20's or over; it's no different than the Mario threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

deathrider wrote: »
    Personally, I think Zebstrika is class, Durant is pretty cool too, and the little electric spider which I can't recall the name of right now is deadly.

Joltik/Galvantula?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Joltik/Galvantula?

That's the very one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,852 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tumblr_mgbduygLeH1qeablwo1_250.jpg

I'd be in that generalisation as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dnot raed tihs

Seriously dont think i will be able to wait 9 months for this game :)

Anybody got any info on any new pokemon? I cant go on only knowing 5 of the posible 200 new ones !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Seriously dont think i will be able to wait 9 months for this game :)

Anybody got any info on any new pokemon? I cant go on only knowing 5 of the posible 200 new ones !!! :D

200? Wasn't it looking like less 100 this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

200? Wasn't it looking like less 100 this time?

I vaguely recall that the only halfway official estimate was 'over 50'. That, of course, could mean anything.

I've got about 8 months to familiarize myself with the B/W 'mon, as I've only played Black, and to be honest, I couldn't name 90 percent of the new roster if they were in a lineup of one. Apparently, I've gotten old since the release of D/P/Pt, where I'd no such issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Well, I've officially fallen off the wagon as far as this franchise is concerned. I got White when it was released; played it for an hour, then lost interest. Now I've gotten into it properly, spurred on by the announcement of the next generation.

I've played seven minutes of Soul Silver, which I also got on its release day. So that'll be next (quite looking forward to the second gen nostalgia). I picked up Black 2 on sale two weeks ago, so I have that to play too.

Some of the B/W Pokémon suck though. Pidove?! Of course, each generation has its weaker designs.

Advertisement