Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most horrible dream you've ever had?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I had mine last night - I dreamt me and my b/f were walking down henry st and that he was attacked by a group of scumbags...it was AWFUL :(:( I couldn't sleep after that....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Being hugged by an angel. She kind of descended slowly out of the sky then her arms wrapped around me like snakes and she pulled me into the ground. I woke up horse from screaming. It's not even all that scary when you think about it, guess you just had to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

i dreamt my dad died. woke up cryin and had to ring him at 3.30 in the morning to see if he was ok. he thought i had gone mad. i had but yrs b4 having the dream.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i lost my legs in a car crash, i woke up and was afraid to move my legs in case it was really - i had this dream for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead had a horrible horrible dream last night which left him sitting bolt upright with an ice cold sweat and a palpitating heart.

The dream involved getting a lifetime ban from After Hours...................
    from 6th.:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I have a recurring nightmare of being stabbed to death by different people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I had one yesterday involving getting fired with some very nasty parting words. Better get back to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I had a dream once I was being put to death in an electric chair and my dad was the warden guy pulling the lever.

It was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Rec > Sleeping and Dreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your dreams sound really boring. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I had a very vivid dream when I was a kid: I was wearing a white woolen geansai and somehow it got on fire and although I tried to get it off, I died before I could. I could then see scenes of treetops and forests and then I woke up. Doesn't sound that scary but I was freaked out for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ozzyoh wrote: »
    I had mine last night - I dreamt me and my b/f were walking down henry st and that he was attacked by a group of scumbags...it was AWFUL :(:( I couldn't sleep after that....

Thats so weird, I had the exact same dream - seriously. Excelt we were walkin through a scumbag part of Galway, and the bf was the gf... thats messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thats so weird, I had the exact same dream - seriously. Excelt we were walkin through a scumbag part of Galway, and the bf was the gf... thats messed up

Horrible ain't it? He was there screaming at me to help him and I remember dialling for an ambulance....it was soooo awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I once dreamed I was waiting for the train when some junkie asked me for my phone, to which I told him where to go. Next thing you know the guy goes mental and it starts raining(literally raining) syringes. Que me getting pelted with the bloody things and waking up very VERY wigged out, checking my body for puncture marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I've had 2-
    One where I was in a car with my dad, him driving and me in the passenger seat. We were on a road we typically 'go for a drive' on and as we turned a bend everything went dark. I didn't see us crash but knew we had - up into a ditch. Still everything was black but I could feel a pressure on my back telling me i was pressed up against the windscreen and facing back into the car and all I could hear was my dad screaming. Woke up with my heart pounding. Bleedin horrible.

Another when I was only about 10 or 11. I was in a log cabin in a forest tied to a chair with nothing else in the room. Everyday a man would come in and circle me. I could never see his face,despite not being blindfolded, just his legs from the knee down. Then he'd hammer a small wooden peg about the width of your thumb into a body part and leave. The next day he'd come back to cut it off. The part that woke me was when he returned having stuck a peg in my arm. He stood behind me, grabbed my wrist and pulled my arm over my head and behind me so that my elbow was pointing towards the ceiling. He then took a knife and started to cut across my arm from inside to out just below the shoulder. Ever bend an eraser when you were in school and eventually it starts to tear but slowly in that rubbery fashion? Well that's how my arm went. That wasn't enjoyable being ten

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I was on the planning committee to get the luas up the park, through castleknock on the way to blanch when some members of the green party killed me and everyone I knew with garden tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead had a horrible horrible dream last night which left him sitting bolt upright with an ice cold sweat and a palpitating heart.

The dream involved getting a lifetime ban from After Hours...................
    from 6th.:eek:

Careful what you say now Pighead, looks like I am being replaced after all my years of service. :mad: No stopping him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I've had 2-
    One where I was in a car with my dad, him driving and me in the passenger seat. We were on a road we typically 'go for a drive' on and as we turned a bend everything went dark. I didn't see us crash but knew we had - up into a ditch. Still everything was black but I could feel a pressure on my back telling me i was pressed up against the windscreen and facing back into the car and all I could hear was my dad screaming. Woke up with my heart pounding. Bleedin horrible.

Another when I was only about 10 or 11. I was in a log cabin in a forest tied to a chair with nothing else in the room. Everyday a man would come in and circle me. I could never see his face,despite not being blindfolded, just his legs from the knee down. Then he'd hammer a small wooden peg about the width of your thumb into a body part and leave. The next day he'd come back to cut it off. The part that woke me was when he returned having stuck a peg in my arm. He stood behind me, grabbed my wrist and pulled my arm over my head and behind me so that my elbow was pointing towards the ceiling. He then took a knife and started to cut across my arm from inside to out just below the shoulder. Ever bend an eraser when you were in school and eventually it starts to tear but slowly in that rubbery fashion? Well that's how my arm went. That wasn't enjoyable being ten

That second dream is pretty f**ked up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

The dreams that freak me out are the ones where I am running from someone.

At first I am sprinting as fast as I can, then that turns into a quick jog, then a jog, fast walk (at this time my back is starting to stoop over), slow walk (back pretty bent), crawl, monkey crawl, stop.

This is all getting progressively slower, so when it hits the crawl it's in slow motion. All the while the lunatic that is chasing me is sprinter faster and faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

I had this dream a few months ago that all my teeth slowly crumbled and fell out! :eek: (I love my teeth)
    It was terrible, I woke up crying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Naos wrote: »
    The dreams that freak me out are the ones where I am running from someone.

At first I am sprinting as fast as I can, then that turns into a quick jog, then a jog, fast walk (at this time my back is starting to stoop over), slow walk (back pretty bent), crawl, monkey crawl, stop.

This is all getting progressively slower, so when it hits the crawl it's in slow motion. All the while the lunatic that is chasing me is sprinter faster and faster.
    Same here, except its The Terminator chasing me in a boat along a canal in Venice shooting at me....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Bad dreams usually involve me falling very slowly but inevitably over the edge of a cliff, and just continuing to fall endlessly ...
    Ruu wrote: »
    Careful what you say now Pighead, looks like I am being replaced after all my years of service. :mad: No stopping him now.
    Lol ... wrong position on the list for 6th, otherwise good job!
    Alt:Biko ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

went to bed sober one night and had some really fcuked up dreams - never doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

All the dreams referred to thus far have the dreamer either the victim or a witness in something horrible. I had one where I was the perpetrator of something horrendous. I'm not going to say what, but it was terrible.

I woke actually hating myself. I'll take any dream mentioned thus far over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

One dream I had a few years back that stuck with me for a while was that I was fighting two people with a large metal pole, I started sticking the pole into them, into the head and neck and what not. Once they were dead, I put the pole up vertically, and drove my head straight through it. I woke up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Shark dog. Still think about that one. Freaked me right out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i had a recurring dream once a month for a year that vampires were attacking and killing everyone and me and a guy who i used to be friends with had to try kill them all and save the world. doesnt sound scary but it was bleeding terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Is there any way to actually make yourself have bad dreams?

About 3 or 4 years ago at least once a week for a few months I'd have a dream where I'd die. I'd wake suddenly at the exact moment of death. They stopped all of a sudden and ever since I've just had usual boring dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Being stabbed in the neck. Having the knife slowly inserted into my neck, feeling the blade glide between my muscles. I awoke, too scared to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dreamt a few weeks ago that i slept with my male friend damien, it was horrible. Havent spoken to him since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Probably the one where I was being chased by four steroetypical goths (got nothing against goths, am friends with some so I'm surprised they took this role in my dream) were chasing me to try to rape and kill me. Parts of it were kind of exhilirating because some of it was like resident evil where I had to kill them to survive. But parts of it were utterly terrifying.....

Advertisement