Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bexabbie

Hi
    angel 5 wrote: »
    My renewal date was 12th of september and i rang today to be told my claim will not be processed before christmas. I rang two weeks ago and was told it would be about two to three weeks that they were processing august renewals at the time. It seems they are telling everybody different things.

Hi my renewal was 12th sept too hope I hear before Xmas last year was the same and it was about the second week in December before it came through. I've tried to get through to them but ur left holding for over 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

Rang them there and after 15 mins on hold they said they were processing August ATM... fingers still crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

midlands1 wrote: »

there saying all the renewals will be done before christmas
    Which renewals I just sent mine in doubt it will be done. Would be fantastic if it was think I'll be waiting till feb

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

channaigh wrote: »
    Which renewals I just sent mine in doubt it will be done. Would be fantastic if it was think I'll be waiting till feb
    Depends on the end date of your current claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Depends on the end date of your current claim.
    Mine was the 15th nov that it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ctepbo3a

kuggles wrote: »
    Rang them there and after 15 mins on hold they said they were processing August ATM... fingers still crossed
    Hope they will. Do September by Christmas, I count on these money though...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Do all renewels go to a deciding officer or just 1s that were sent for inspection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JONKMAR

whats the best number to try and contact them on 043 3340053 or 7043000

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

kuggles wrote: »
    I'm sure new claims that are received between June and Nov 5th wont be processed until after Christmas. :(

Seriously!? Holy crap, that's an awful wait, what are they up to this ridiculous government of ours? Give them a taster of what life is like reduced to a single income and kids in the house!

• Advertisement

channaigh wrote: »
    Mine was the 15th nov that it ended.
    Should be done within a few days of you recieving the acknowledgement letter.

Ctepbo3a wrote: »
    Hope they will. Do September by Christmas, I count on these money though...
    Hope so

Hi do all renewels go to a deciding officer or just renewels that were sent for inspection??

Bexabbie wrote: »
    Hope so
    Hi got through today and the lady said that mine was sent off site to be done ( a renewal 12 th sept) and I should hear in a couple of weeks does anyone know where to ring to follow this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Hi, can anyone tell me if my renewal is the first week in January , why did the letter that arrived say the form needs to be in mid December and that my payment will stop in 4 weeks?
    4weeks will be end of November....does anyone know why this is?

Hi got through today and the lady said that mine was sent off site to be done ( a renewal 12 th sept) and I should hear in a couple of weeks does anyone know where to ring to follow this up?

They are processing August claims atm so I reckon it will be about 2 weeks before thats processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 foxlyn1234

Hi, I've been following this thread closely for the past couple of weeks and this is our first renewal with FIS. FIS are painfully slow and the wait is so very difficult. There seems to be huge conflict in relation to dates and renewal information. Our date is the 7th of September and if Bexabie's has been sent off site where does that leave our renewal. I will ring the office but with the wait time so long I am concerned about using up my precious credit. I will ring them over the next couple of days as our renewal date should be dealt with soon pls God.

collegeme wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me if my renewal is the first week in January , why did the letter that arrived say the form needs to be in mid December and that my payment will stop in 4 weeks?
    4weeks will be end of November....does anyone know why this is?
    They are now sending renewals applications out 6 weeks in advance,if you get your form returned before the end date you wont go out of payment and your FIS will continue without a break.Your FIS wont stop until the end date is up,its a 52 week payment.
    Are you sure you have the correct end date?

foxlyn1234 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been following this thread closely for the past couple of weeks and this is our first renewal with FIS. FIS are painfully slow and the wait is so very difficult. There seems to be huge conflict in relation to dates and renewal information. Our date is the 7th of September and if Bexabie's has been sent off site where does that leave our renewal. I will ring the office but with the wait time so long I am concerned about using up my precious credit. I will ring them over the next couple of days as our renewal date should be dealt with soon pls God.
    If you read back throught the thread,all the backlog renewals are gone offsite to speed up the process.Anything between August and November will be processed in offsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

They are now sending renewals applications out 6 weeks in advance,if you get your form returned before the end date you wont go out of payment and your FIS will continue without a break.Your FIS wont stop until the end date is up,its a 52 week payment.
    Are you sure you have the correct end date?

Yes the form has a box on top that says "renew 080113" but it has to be back by 17th December (which is 4weeks before renewal)
    The letter is dated 12th November (which is 6weeks prior to when the form needs to be back and 10 weeks prior to renewal)

It states "your fis is now due for renewal and payment will cease within the next four weeks" :confused:

So my payment will cease 10th December ???? Something's not right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Fluffyhead85

Hi my renewal date is 24th August does anyone know if this date is being done soon?

collegeme wrote: »
    Yes the form has a box on top that says "renew 080113" but it has to be back by 17th December (which is 4weeks before renewal)
    The letter is dated 12th November (which is 6weeks prior to when the form needs to be back and 10 weeks prior to renewal)

It states "your fis is now due for renewal and payment will cease within the next four weeks" :confused:

So my payment will cease 10th December ???? Something's not right
    They cant stop your payment before the 52 weeks are up ,so I wouldnt worry about that.I would just send it it when once you have it filled out and you should have no problems.All going well you wont have a break in your payment.
    Hi my renewal date is 24th August does anyone know if this date is being done soon?

they are supposed to be working on the end of August claim now so you should be hearing soon.

If you read back throught the thread,all the backlog renewals are gone offsite to speed up the process.Anything between August and November will be processed in offsite.
    Yes hopefully yours should be the week before mine keep me posted if you hear anything then I will know mine will be soon thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skintascanbe

rang as well and told renewal was sent off site and they could not even see my details, renewal 12 september, and that all renewals will be sorted by December, really nice lady but couldnt help much at all

Every year have always had it before now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lisab236

Just rang there my renewal was due from 6th sept. I was told that my claim was gone off site due to the high volume of applications and extra staff were looking after these. She informed me that she does not have my file but she is aware that the current renewals being dealt with are at the end of aug so I should hear from them over the next few weeks but didn't commit to how many!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellbell

No-one waiting for weeks is going to like this; My renewal due 17th November. I sent the renewal off on 14th November and on Monday a back payment for last week was in my account and today is my FIS payment. So they must be processing renewals from November as well as new claims. I thought I was in for a long wait. I really feel for those who have been waiting for weeks.:((

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lady m

after spending 25mins on the phone a lovely man told me tat they are dealing with the last week in august and i will hear from them soon..my renewal date is the 05/09.he said it will def be back before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

I think there are after sending renewals up to November offsite along with new applications received before November to be dealt with off site. The renewals are going to be sorted first before they touch the older new applications.

Any post received after Nov 5th, renewals and new applications are being dealt with in the current office straight away.....

At least there are getting a move on but I do feel sorry for all those new applications who are being left till after Christmas.

I suppose by our next renewals everything should be running smoothly

My renewel was the 17th of may but was sent for inspection.was sent back a couple of days ago to fis.would anyone have any idea how long more I might be waiting??have sent them emails but no word back from them:-(

• Advertisement

broke1234 wrote: »
    My renewel was the 17th of may but was sent for inspection.was sent back a couple of days ago to fis.would anyone have any idea how long more I might be waiting??have sent them emails but no word back from them:-(
    If it has gone back into FIS ,it goes to a deciding officer and it would normally be sorted out within a few days , no more than a week.

Advertisement