Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The New JFK

I have a couple of questions about my renewal.

My renewal date is 23 Feb.This year I got in by been only 2 euro under the limit so it was a close call.I have read on here in the last week or so that the renewal's are done using your P6O and not the 4 weeks average pay.The company I work for are introducing big cut backs on Jan 1st and this will have a big impact on my wages,is there any way they take this into account and take my 4 week average instead as this will be alot lower in 2013..?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

I have a couple of questions about my renewal.

My renewal date is 23 Feb.This year I got in by been only 2 euro under the limit so it was a close call.I have read on here in the last week or so that the renewal's are done using your P6O and not the 4 weeks average pay.The company I work for are introducing big cut backs on Jan 1st and this will have a big impact on my wages,is there any way they take this into account and take my 4 week average instead as this will be alot lower in 2013..?
    get a letter from your employer and send it with your re application outlining the paycuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yummymummy1979

on the new apps forum people are saying no new applications will be processed before xmas, anyone know if that applies to renewals aswell?

on the new apps forum people are saying no new applications will be processed before xmas, anyone know if that applies to renewals aswell?
    Doesn't apply for renewals.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gmcevoy

No renewals are still being processed... thats why new applications are on hold, so the backlog on renewals can be sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 yummymummy1979

gmcevoy wrote: »

No renewals are still being processed... thats why new applications are on hold, so the backlog on renewals can be sorted
    so we may get sorted quicker. fingers crossed. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

hi all just thought i would share this with all my gf claim was up for renewal 3 weeks ago and we sent in all the documentation soon after she just received a letter there saying it was awarded and her first payment will be there in the bank next week. so to all the people awaiting a renewal i hope it gets done as quick as our claim did especially this close to xmas. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Honeymummy2

Does anyone know what date they are on?im the 25th of July and still haven't recived payment yeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Honeymummy2

Just to let everyone know my renewal is the 25th of July and I just got payment today it was a long wait.good luck to everyone waiting hope use get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Love Sunny days

Hey everyone! I have had a few Pms asking me what my Pps no starts with but I can't seem to reply!! So just to let you know my Pps starts with 7 & then 3. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

First time applications are being sent to Letterkenny and renewals will continue to be processed in Longford in an attempt to clear the backlog. I'm assuming that all applications/renewals should still be sent to Longford, where they will be separated according to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Hi does any1 know if der is an email address for fis.waitin since may 17th nd inspector is holdin up my claim.wonderin is der anything dey can do 2 speed things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

broke1234 wrote: »
    Hi does any1 know if der is an email address for fis.waitin since may 17th nd inspector is holdin up my claim.wonderin is der anything dey can do 2 speed things up

The best they can do for you is give you the inspectors name and number so you can contact them to enquire about your claim.

Eden3 wrote: »
    [EMAIL="fissection@welfare.ie"]fissection@welfare.ie[/EMAIL]
    Thanks very much.i've been 2 my td nd d inspector still hasnt bothered to sort things out so just hoping maybe fis can help

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

broke1234 please do not use text speak on this forum. It makes your posts harder to read for other posters.

cee_jay wrote: »
    broke1234 please do not use text speak on this forum. It makes your posts harder to read for other posters.
    Sorry.i have been ringing and ringing her but it makes no difference and my local t.d office told me the inspector is known for been slow

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hippy_hi

midlands1 wrote: »
    How could they average It over 8 w eeks if its monthly pay.

They average it out over the two months pay slips - 4 weeks in a month (mostly). If its two months pay (8 weeks) then they divide the total by 8 weeks (or in the case of a 9 month pay, divide it by 9 weeks).

As a previous poster stated, they generally take the total earned so far as earnings or use the P60 from the previous year. However in my case, as I stated in my renewal applications my previous two months pay, and did the calculations on a latter accompanying it, that may have highlighted the two monthly period for myself.

Iv been receiving FIS for years, and iv always highlighted my pay via an accompanying letter to them and have always received the amount I thought I was going to receive also.

My advice would be, if you want them to calculate your pay monthly add a letter to them stating the average weekly pay over the two month period, adding your two months pay slips.

Hope this helps

Is anyone else waiting for there local inspector to inspect there fis,mine has my file since august and I already talked to her about my claim but she hasnt done anything else about it,with christmas just round the corner just wondering what the average length people were waiting to hear about there claims when it has been sent to be inspected?

Hi all, my renewal date was the 19th of July and we received our letter last wednesday to say that it had been awarded. The letter was dated the 1st of November, but we still have not received any payment, does anyone have any idea how long more we will have to wait for payment? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 whiskers77

Hi everyone. Our renewal date was the 19th of July and we received a letter last wednesday to say our fis had been awarded. The letter was dated the 1st of November, thing is we still have not received any payment. Does anyone have any idea how long more we will be waiting for payment and back money? Thank you.

whiskers77 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Our renewal date was the 19th of July and we received a letter last wednesday to say our fis had been awarded. The letter was dated the 1st of November, thing is we still have not received any payment. Does anyone have any idea how long more we will be waiting for payment and back money? Thank you.
    You will have payment this Thursday. Claims need to be processed before close of business on a tuesday for the payment to issue the Thursday of the same week, if it isn't it goes in the following Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 whiskers77

You will have payment this Thursday. Claims need to be processed before close of business on a tuesday for the payment to issue the Thursday of the same week, if it isn't it goes in the following Thursday.
    Thank you so much for your reply Francescoli, still nothing in the bank today, i am going crazy now was sure it would be there today :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 angel 5

My renewal date was 12th of september and i rang today to be told my claim will not be processed before christmas. I rang two weeks ago and was told it would be about two to three weeks that they were processing august renewals at the time. It seems they are telling everybody different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

I was just on another forum there and there was someone posted that she recieved her FIS yesterday and her renewal was 15th August.

Hi does anybody know once an inspector sends back your file to fis how long it takes them to let ya know if your going to be awarded fis or not?

broke1234 wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know once an inspector sends back your file to fis how long it takes them to let ya know if your going to be awarded fis or not?

mine took 5 weeks from time inspector sent it back and i live in longford!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

there saying all the renewals will be done before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

Just saw a post on another forum saying that she rang FIS and they are processing the last week in August atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 angel 5

kuggles wrote: »
    Just saw a post on another forum saying that she rang FIS and they are processing the last week in August atm

hopefully they are. then theres a chance i might have mine back by christmas.

Advertisement