Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

clareames wrote: »
    I am dreading baby being born for one reason I'll be crying so much with happiness im afraid it will be mistaken for the baby blues!!

Oh you won't just cry with happiness...you'll just cry. For no reason. Sometimes without any warning. You will sometimes also cry with relief that you're not pregnant any more. Then sometimes you'll cry with exhaustion. On a daily basis you will have a little cry and only half of the time it will be happiness. But don't worry, it would be more of a concern if you didn't cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

no more washing my face so once bubba is born!! ha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

After my daughter was born 20 months ago. i was in a pharmacy utterly exhausted and the lady helping me was so nice i started to cry. Im still mortified when i go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I cried yesterday because the bathroom floor was dusty. My husband found me with a hoover in one hand and the other dramatically resting against my head as I sobbed uncontrollably. He laughed. He's a brave, brave man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It doesn't get any better once you have the baby. Hubby gave me a hug, I bawled. Had a bit of a sob watching Hayley in corrie. Cried in the shower for no actual reason (although I think that one may have been caused by exhaustion rather than hormones! ). Truth be known I don't have to wash the twins hair cos on a daily basis my tears give it a wash when I cuddle them! The sooner my hormones have me weepy only 2 days later month the better! Feel like such a big wuss!

This is my fourth so I'm an old hand at this stage ;)

It gets better :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I was never much of a crier before but since becoming pregnant I've had a few bizzare episodes of near hysterical crying and laughing at the same time :o I start crying over something really silly, then I'll start laughing at how ridiculous it is that I'm crying and before I know it, I'm a big ball of sobbing guffawing snotting mania :rolleyes: Luckily, it has only been witnessed by my OH who got an awful fright the first time it happened but now he just hugs me and laughs (which usually sets me off twice as bad). It's the strangest feeling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

For those with indigestion who think gaviscon is rank.... Husband just brought me home some Strawberry gaviscon tablets. I think they are new. Waaaaaay nicer than the other stuff....

I am buying them tomorrow.

Little bit chalky as the tablets usually are... And small bit of funny after taste... But for me a million times better than the other 2 flavours... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They're the ones I use too. They used to have a lemon version too, which was even better, but these strawberry ones are alright.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My acupunture person told me to stay away from Gaviscon, as it contains high levels of aluminium which has been linked to autism.

Not sure whether to believe it or not but i have been living on milk and rennie :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I've always heard Gaviscon is absolutely fine, but to avoid Rennie unless doctor advises it. :confused: I never heard Gaviscon should be avoided.

I'm lucky that a glass of milk seems to do the job for me, so I haven't taken either so far.

Gaviscon is fine. It even states on the back of the box that it is fine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.... Something which most of OTC products will not state.

John Mason wrote: »
    My acupunture person told me to stay away from Gaviscon, as it contains high levels of aluminium which has been linked to autism.

Not sure whether to believe it or not but i have been living on milk and rennie :(:(

Gaviscon doesn't contain any aluminium. List of actives and excipients here:
    http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/1263/SPC/Gaviscon+Suspension/

Also... What the heck is an acupuncturist doing giving drug advice to a pregnant person. Not qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Gaviscon is fine. It even states on the back of the box that it is fine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.... Something which most of OTC products will not state.

Gaviscon is definately safe. I have asked so many doctors and midwives at this stage. They told me there is no limit you can take. Midwife yesterday even was telling me a story about how they give it on the wards. I was limiting myself to spoons a day and they told me to take it as often as needed. I even know a newborn baby who was getting gaviscon I think it is for reflux? As for the autism link I would take all that with a pinch of salt sure the amount of things they say are linked to autism eg vaccinations etc

Your acupuncture person has no medical qualifications to state this. Scare mongering is all they are doing.

January wrote: »
    Your acupuncture person has no medical qualifications to state this. Scare mongering is all they are doing.

"Cue gaviscon debate".... Lol

"Cue gaviscon debate".... Lol

You can even get tablets on perscription I think they begin with a "z" (can't remember the name). They are safe. And I was told if I didn't like the tast of gaviscon to get another one called "maalox".

Millem wrote: »
    You can even get tablets on perscription I think they begin with a "z" (can't remember the name). They are safe. And I was told if I didn't like the tast of gaviscon to get another one called "maalox".

We won't steer into medical advice... but if you're suffering bad do speak to your doctor as there are prescription medications that can be taken.

Millem wrote: »

That would probably be zoton... But as you said these aren't OTC and doc would need to prescribe these

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    Gaviscon doesn't contain any aluminium. List of actives and excipients here:
    http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/1263/SPC/Gaviscon+Suspension/

Also... What the heck is an acupuncturist doing giving drug advice to a pregnant person. Not qualified.

well, she got me pregnant - so that to me would make her more qualified than my doctor :P

well, she got me pregnant - so that to me would make her more qualified than my doctor :P

She? Huh??... How did that work??!!... sorry im only joking :)

That would probably be zoton... But as you said these aren't OTC and doc would need to prescribe these

Could be zantac too...

The girl on girl pregnancy story sounds nsfw! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Headaches, headaches, headaches :(
    Every morning it's the same - quick! Two panadol, a bowl of cereal and knock some caffeine back at neckbreaking speed to avoid the vomiting!
    I've an exam tomorrow and I don't need this!! :mad:

pwurple wrote: »
    Could be zantac too...

The girl on girl pregnancy story sounds nsfw! :D

Yes that's them! Sorry wasn't giving medical advice was just making the point the gaviscon is safe and that you can even get doc to prescribe tablets if you need them. Apologies for any confusion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ugh the getting sick is back :/ I thought I'd managed to leave that bit behind, but two days out of the last trimester (eek!) and its back with a vengeance...

Couldn't find strawberry gaviscon in any of the local pharmacies :( got extra strength chewable tablets though... they seem to work better than the liquid for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it is all I can get,no lemon anywhere:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Could slap my self in the face the whole day today.
    Thought I clear up the Christmas decoration and tripped over a box. I didnt fell but my spd is now soooooooooo bad I am kind of worried I broke something there. Went to bed to lie down for a while but cant turn around anymore at all. Like a beetle on the back grrrrrrr. Even sitting on the couch is painful and walking nearly impossible.
    Was thinking the whole time why I tripped over the box. Now I know I cant see my feet anymore so cant see whats in front of them.

• Advertisement

Siipina wrote: »
    Could slap my self in the face the whole day today.
    Thought I clear up the Christmas decoration and tripped over a box. I didnt fell but my spd is now soooooooooo bad I am kind of worried I broke something there. Went to bed to lie down for a while but cant turn around anymore at all. Like a beetle on the back grrrrrrr. Even sitting on the couch is painful and walking nearly impossible.
    Was thinking the whole time why I tripped over the box. Now I know I cant see my feet anymore so cant see whats in front of them.

O poor you! Maybe see how you are feeling tomorrow and go get checked out? :(

Have to go to the gp in the morning anyway see what she ll say. 11 more weeks to go hope it doesn't stay like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Stupid restless legs. Also second babies move much more than first babies (well I feel it more!). So can't get comfie to sleep despite being exhausted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Couldn't find strawberry gaviscon in any of the local pharmacies :( got extra strength chewable tablets though... they seem to work better than the liquid for me.

The strawberry are tablets, not liquid

Re Gaviscon - yes they do give it freely on the ward. I was on the pre natal ward for three weeks and think I may have achieved a record for Gaviscon consumption!! It got to the stage that they left a large plastic beaker full of Gaviscon with me to sip through the day and another one for night.

There is a different Gaviscon for babies which you can get on prescription for reflux or colic symptoms

As mentioned, Zantac is the other medication that is safe for indigestion in pregnancy but it needs to be prescribed. I was on it twice a day plus gallons of Gaviscon.

Yay, its a bit better already :-) There is hope :-).
    Went to the GP, baby is fine and everything else as well. Only downturn as she could not find the heartbeat she said its because I put on so much weight :-( But it was more cause baby was turning all over the place. And of cause I put on some weight I can move and c exercise and then on top of it we just had Christmas. And I am not thaaaaaaaat big now. grummel.
    Ah well everything else is fine so nothing really to complain :-D

3 dislocated ribs :(

on the plus side, i cant load or unload the dishwasher/washing machine :D:D

• Advertisement

3 dislocated ribs :(

on the plus side, i cant load or unload the dishwasher/washing machine :D:D

Ouch, how'd you do that?

The strawberry are tablets, not liquid

Re Gaviscon - yes they do give it freely on the ward. I was on the pre natal ward for three weeks and think I may have achieved a record for Gaviscon consumption!! It got to the stage that they left a large plastic beaker full of Gaviscon with me to sip through the day and another one for night.

There is a different Gaviscon for babies which you can get on prescription for reflux or colic symptoms

As mentioned, Zantac is the other medication that is safe for indigestion in pregnancy but it needs to be prescribed. I was on it twice a day plus gallons of Gaviscon.

Still couldn't find them... will check in the city centre on Monday when I'm at the hospital.

Sinus pain, christ. Never had this before. It's like my eyeballs want to explode. Ended up 6 hours in the hospital today. Midwife clinic referred me all over the place with irregular heartbeat. I'm like apincushion from the blood tests. Three batches taken. Furst one was the worst, she stabbed me three times and did that thing with wiggling the needle under the skin to get into a vein sideways. Second was ok, but into right arm. Third one found an awesome vein, which but it bled all over the place. I've 4 inches if bruising. Ecg was on the blink, so had to find another one.

End diagnosis...what the GP said in last checkup. baby head is v high up, putting pressure on heart and lungs, and I've a headcold making me abit breathless as well.

It's great that they are so thorough, but i just want to be in bed. Hanging around a packed hospital with no food or water for hours is ****.

Also, q for the loo was so massive i threw up in the bin. Not myfinest hour.

Now im just beginning to wonder what have I let myself in for??!!

Husband went back to work today after 2 weeks off. So first day in a while I've had my one year old to myself. At 7.5 months pregnant I found today soooo hard going. LO is a great sleeper and didnt wake till 9am. But over the past couple weeks has decide he doesn't want to nap during the day anymore. He's not yet walking and always wants up. I can't get anything done coz he won't take his nap. He's so demanding and wants constant attention. And I mean CONSTANT! I adore him and he's the cutest most beautiful thing in the world but I'm just exhausted and my back is in a heap from having to carry him.

If I'm finding it this hard when im pregnant how on earth am I gonna do it when I have a newborn???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So the boiler totally packed in Sunday night, and we've been without heat ever since. Landlord announced tonight its going to cost 2k to fix and he doesnt have it - and has no idea what he's going to do. Disaster central, no suitable accomodation in our area at the minute, except for one apartment that doesn't mention pets :(

• Advertisement

Ouch, how'd you do that?

It wasn't me, it was the fecking baby. Apparently it is quite common in first pregnancies.

Something to do with expanding ribcage and babies moving.

It wasn't me, it was the fecking baby. Apparently it is quite common in first pregnancies.

O my gosh! Poor you!!!!

The physiotherapist strapped me up last night, and gave me some exercises to do.

She thinks I should be okay in a w eek

:eek: I'm glad that never happened to me!!!

The physiotherapist strapped me up last night, and gave me some exercises to do.

She thinks I should be okay in a w eek

Christ. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thats one strong baby!

Christ. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thats one strong baby!

25 weeks and I don't even look pregnant, in my normal jeans. I think the baby is squashed up and is trying to break out through my ribs

Jeez john mason thats mad. Hope your feeling better soon.
    Pwurple hope your feeling better after that ordeal.
    Sligo how about waking him earlier in the morning. My lo is a great sleeper and over xmas as we didnt have go get up she was lyin on until 9.30 or 10 then wouldnt nap and would get very cranky in the late afternoon.
    We got back in to the habbit of gettin up early so shes back to taking her hr and a half nap. I NEEEED that nap.

Suucee wrote: »
    Sligo how about waking him earlier in the morning. My lo is a great sleeper and over xmas as we didnt have go get up she was lyin on until 9.30 or 10 then wouldnt nap and would get very cranky in the late afternoon.
    We got back in to the habbit of gettin up early so shes back to taking her hr and a half nap. I NEEEED that nap.

Yea I was wondering about this... I thought maybe wake him at 8. But then people tell me not to wake a sleeping baby....

Then a couple mornings he wakes at 8 and just plays in in his cot for half hour and still doesn't take his nap. He always used to wake around 7.50-8am and take 2 good 1-1.5 hour naps per day. And just over the last 3 weeks its all changed and would be lucky to get 30minutes,..... I dunno... But it's driving me mad....

Yea I was wondering about this... I thought maybe wake him at 8. But then people tell me not to wake a sleeping baby....

Then a couple mornings he wakes at 8 and just plays in in his cot for half hour and still doesn't take his nap. He always used to wake around 7.50-8am and take 2 good 1-1.5 hour naps per day. And just over the last 3 weeks its all changed and would be lucky to get 30minutes,..... I dunno... But it's driving me mad....

You wont know what works till you try. My lo generally sleeps 7.30pm-8am. Over xmas she didnt wake until 9.30 or 10 as no alarms were going off. her bed tine was still 7.30 . So we decided to wake her at 9 for about 2 mornings and now most mornings she wakes at 8.30
    Naps at approx 11.30-1.00 and bed at 7.30 . Shes still getting the same amount of sleep but with the nap shes not as cranky (and neither am i).

Suucee wrote: »
    You wont know what works till you try. My lo generally sleeps 7.30pm-8am. Over xmas she didnt wake until 9.30 or 10 as no alarms were going off. her bed tine was still 7.30 . So we decided to wake her at 9 for about 2 mornings and now most mornings she wakes at 8.30
    Naps at approx 11.30-1.00 and bed at 7.30 . Shes still getting the same amount of sleep but with the nap shes not as cranky (and neither am i).

Yea I think I'm gonna try this in the morning! Thing is... He was always our alarm!! Haha... So I'm gonna have to set one for 8. Fingers crossed it makes him nap :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement