Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

stovelid wrote: »
    Agreed.

But why choose? Just deck both.

What we need is some kind of giant man to dash their heads together and crack their skulls like runny eggs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

ClioV6 wrote: »
    And he didn't clothes line him off the bike?

crap mate.

Ya, he ain't my mate no more. This same fellow once saw Barry "Good friends with celebrity solicitor Gerald Kean" Egan walking down Kildare St, and he didn't do his civic duty by roundhouse kicking the guy in the puss. All bluster, no affirmative action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

IronMan wrote: »
    This same fellow once saw Barry "Good friends with celebrity solicitor Gerald Kean" Egan walking down Kildare St, and he didn't do his civic duty by roundhouse kicking the guy in the puss. All bluster, no affirmative action.

He was probably temporarily blinded by the mere sight of Barry Egan, thus allowing the pathetic sycophant to make good his escape.

That is one butt-ugly mo-fo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Was Degsy chasing him by any chance?

I think Degsy IS McSavage. Let's face it, they both come out with some unmerciful sh1t...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Speer

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I never understand why people hate Dave McSavage.

Haven't seen him in town in ages, but always thought he was a good laugh....
    He's not funny.I'd say he was a bully at school.He fits the profile perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

Speer wrote: »

your right that he isnt funny but i doubt he was a bully at shcool. more like he was bullied at school and he is trying to get revenge. up until now he has just been making jokes at innocent passers-by, but soon he will be running up behind people on grafton street and giving them wedgies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭ShellBell1

Never liked that McSavage bloke.. Pat Kenny has always seemed to feature him on The Late Late Show at varying times as well. He is not even funny.

I think McSavage has a mighty anger management problem. By that scumbag (nice one, bud! ;)) giving McSavage a good leathering, it's as though McSavage finally got a taste of his own medicine. Very bitter medicine to swallow, methinks..

But this incident won't usurp McSavage's crap comedic zeal in the slightest from now on. If anything, it will fire him up even more (as if he isn't enough of a middle-aged, angry bastard already).

Hell, he'll probably even put this in his future stand-up 'material'! Actually, he'll probably be sitting opposite Prat Kenny shortly, capitalising on 'My Scumbag Horror' in the most Machiavellian-esque way possible.

Ironically, he might have the last laugh (or cheque!)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Speer wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to say he was bullied in school, with that cake cutter of a nose he would be a prime target for the bigger boys

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I think Degsy IS McSavage. Let's face it, they both come out with some unmerciful sh1t...

Who the fug is 'Degsy'? Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm tbh, if anyone jumped on him, without him saying anything out of line, id stop it, or stop him from getting milt ( as he is... a whimp )

if he said anything obviously out of line, id be hitting him too

Quite simple Rly. :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i hate that guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Dodge wrote: »
    Than don't post on the thread asking who he is?:rolleyes:

Surely, wouldn't it be logically quicker to just ask instead of reading countless pages?
    CPT. SURF wrote: »
    You have over seven thousand posts! lol

With my amazing 4 posts per day on average, God knows how I found time to do anything else with my days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Nice to see some justice in the world finally...was a long time since the last one happened.

He really irritates the sh|t out of me:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Love the way this topic has almost 10,000 views. The Evening Herald should use the headline "Dave McSavage beaten up" - they'd sell every copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

i remember i had to flip out on him a few years back, i was walking through temple bar on my fone with a mate and dave came legging it up, grabbed the phone outa my hand, whacked it onto loud speaker, started shouting something like... "your coming in loud and clear live in temple bar" over his wee mic. with that he slagged the poor girl on the other end and then handed my phone to a complete random stranger who turned out to be a scumbag that dosent mind aquiring other peoples phones through ill means.. with that he legged it. i flipped out, walked up to dave who then ripped the piss outa me infront of loads of people, i wanted to kick the living f*kk out of him, i waited on and pulled him up on it, of course he denied it, again with me flipping out and then an american tourist came over asking about his cd.. the tourist had a camcorder, he caught the whole thing.. only for that i was going to get the garda down on a conspiricy of dave working with the junkies.. which to be honest wouldnt have suprised me..

i told him he could either pay out for a new phone there and then, take a bating, or ill get the coppers... after much hassling i got him to pay up for a new phone.. in the phone shop i pointed at the n-gage and he argued that it was a 5110 which was a significantly cheaper.. the american guy was still floating around with us.. i t was clear on the camera what type of phone i had.. he bought me a new one wouldnt pay for the game that was in it.. cheap f*"kk.

i hate that man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

ShellBell1 wrote: »

Who the fug is 'Degsy'? Seriously.

The guy who attacked McSavage.

@ mang

Holy **** man, thats awful. That post should get its own thread. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

if i dont know mcsavage then is there something wrong with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

taidghbaby wrote: »
    if i dont know mcsavage then is there something wrong with me?
    Nope, but you're lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

Was there the day it happened.. was walking past just beforehand and he was slagging off an oldish couple of tourists walking past (we don't have sex anymore, we just eat ice-cream).

I kept going & heard his 'joke' to the guy = you're girlfriend is beautiful. Nothing offensive about it, especially compared to some of the ****e he usually comes out with. The guy had a shaved red head, glasses (his girlfriend was fit though!).

Anyway the guy threw his box of tools down and started threatening mc savage. Mc savage started pleading 'i just said yur girlfriend was beautiful, my family is here watching, there are gardai around'. The guy threatened him a bit and then the funniest thing was he had to bend down and spend a full minute on this knees picking all the bits from his tool up while everyone was watching him and thinking what a freak he was (maybe that's what made him even madder).

Eventually the guy started walking away and mc savage said 'sorry about that, i'll carry on now'. they guy came running back and had a swing at him at which point there was a lot of shouting from the crowd to leave him alone and a bunch of people (fair play to one young guy who got him in a headlock) broke it up. Then mcsavage hit the guy a couple of times through the crowd, and the guy said - you're after hitting me with people holding my arms and i'll get you some day on your own. then he walked off past crying children with his girlfriend, who had stayed perfectly calm & silent for the whole thing.

I am no fan of mcsavage, but the crowds reaction said it all - the other guy was a scumbag with too short a fuse and would probably have got a beating himself from 20-30 people if he hadn't backed off.

The gardai prob have it on video since it was in temple bar square.

following on from my last post, and having read parts of this thread then i have come to a conclusion:

you play with fire and your gonna get burnt!

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    The guy who attacked McSavage.

@ mang

Holy **** man, thats awful. That post should get its own thread. :eek:

Oh, is that one of those questions in the Leaving Cert I should have known the answer to?

Damn! :eek:

Shur, this guy 'Degsy' is obviously a celebrity in the same public visibility ranks as Tom Cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

diroche wrote: »
    Was there the day it happened.. was walking past just beforehand and he was slagging off an oldish couple of tourists walking past (we don't have sex anymore, we just eat ice-cream).

I kept going & heard his 'joke' to the guy = you're girlfriend is beautiful. Nothing offensive about it, especially compared to some of the ****e he usually comes out with. The guy had a shaved red head, glasses (his girlfriend was fit though!).

Anyway the guy threw his box of tools down and started threatening mc savage. Mc savage started pleading 'i just said yur girlfriend was beautiful, my family is here watching, there are gardai around'. The guy threatened him a bit and then the funniest thing was he had to bend down and spend a full minute on this knees picking all the bits from his tool up while everyone was watching him and thinking what a freak he was (maybe that's what made him even madder).

Eventually the guy started walking away and mc savage said 'sorry about that, i'll carry on now'. they guy came running back and had a swing at him at which point there was a lot of shouting from the crowd to leave him alone and a bunch of people (fair play to one young guy who got him in a headlock) broke it up. Then mcsavage hit the guy a couple of times through the crowd, and the guy said - you're after hitting me with people holding my arms and i'll get you some day on your own. then he walked off past crying children with his girlfriend, who had stayed perfectly calm & silent for the whole thing.

I am no fan of mcsavage, but the crowds reaction said it all - the other guy was a scumbag with too short a fuse and would probably have got a beating himself from 20-30 people if he hadn't backed off.

The gardai prob have it on video since it was in temple bar square

So hopefully they will be doing McSavage for assualt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh, is that one of those questions in the Leaving Cert I should have known the answer to?

Shur, this guy 'Degsy' is obviously a celebrity in the same public visibility ranks as Tom Cruise.

more in the same vane as George W Bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Completely unfunny. I've seen his "act" in Temple Bar. Note to McSavage: shouting and insulting tourists is not funny. Go home, you are impressing nobody.

What the hell are you on about man? Think you may have misunderstood my post tbh :confused:

And why quote my comment to mang? And change the colour of my text to blue? :confused::confused:

Did you think I was talking to you?

Did you read mangs post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dirty Bastard mcsavage and a coward to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Surely if you go to a Dave McSavage gig, you expect to get the piss taken out of you? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So are the garda pressing charges against you, Degsy? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Degsy wrote: »

How can you possibly type with handcuffs on, Degsy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

How can you possibly type with handcuffs on, Degsy?
    McSavage lets him out of the handcuffs and demands that he type nasty horrible words about him on boards. Then he spanks his bottom till it's red raw. It's all part of the sado-masochistic games they play with each other.

Each to their own, Pighead supposes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Pighead wrote: »
    McSavage lets him out of the handcuffs and demands that he type nasty horrible words about him on boards. Then he spanks his bottom till it's red raw. It's all part of the sado-masochistic games they play with each other.

Each to their own, Pighead supposes.

I kind of meant that Degsy was handcuffed by the police, I sincerely doubt a pussy like McRavaged could detain a superhero like Degsy.

No that's not jealousy you detect. Shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Surely if you go to a Dave McSavage gig, you expect to get the piss taken out of you? No?

Whats a mcsavage gig?

Walking down the fcuking street, being harassed by a random knob end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

The prick was back out in Temple Bar yesterday doing his usual schtick so unfortunately he hasn't been put off after it. Unbelievably there was a huge crowd, many of whom actually gave him money while he pathetically begged them "please do give as much as you can, this is my job". He's a grown man ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

I think we'd all love to see him do his street act in a place away from his usual safe street camera covered spots. I'd thouroughly enjoy it if he announced a tour including street dates in St Mary's Park in Limerick, Knocknaheeny in Cork, Ballymun in Dublin, and other similar spots...

Karma would beat the living sh!te out of him, and quite possibly insert his guitar in a place a guitar should never be inserted :eek:
    (unless your name is Dave McSavage)

Motosam wrote: »
    Whats a mcsavage gig?

like a chicken mcsandwich only filled with sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

taidghbaby wrote: »
    like a chicken mcsandwich only filled with sh1t

So just like a chicken mcsandwich then?

javaboy wrote: »
    So just like a chicken mcsandwich then?
    you make a valid point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

He can be quite funny as long as it's not me he's taking the piss out of, but if you ever go see him as a stand-up he's dire. After seeing his "show" it became quite apparent that his street stuff is incredibly prepared. He's not very good off-the-cuff, and has absolutely no good written material for a show.

What he does is amateur theatrics, not comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Motosam wrote: »
    Whats a mcsavage gig?

Walking down the fcuking street, being harassed by a random knob end.
    Well maybe he should go all Andy Kaufman theres only so many weeks to the Wrestling shows in Dublin.

Chris Jericho is getting an Honory UCD Degree - maybe Dave McSavage can fight him for it.

Good gig- Id go.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »

yay its degsy :P

yay its degsy :P

I keep telling yiz, but yiz don't listen:

Degsy IS McSavage. He's been here all along...!

more in the same vane as George W Bush

Hmmm.. What's a "vane"? :rolleyes:

What the hell are you on about man? Think you may have misunderstood my post tbh :confused:
    Well, it's like The Magic Roundabout in here sometimes.
    And why quote my comment to mang?
    I thought he might be a bit lonely. Sniff, sniff. :(
    And change the colour of my text to blue? :confused::confused:
    Well, blue is soooo this season's colour!
    Did you think I was talking to you?
    Talkin' to me? Well, I don't see anyone else here..! :p
    Did you read mangs post?
    No, my eyeballs fell out. But I'm grand again now. :)

Hmmm.. What's a "vane"? :rolleyes:

Way-hey! You know you've got them when all they've got to go on are the tyops!!

Way-hey! You know you've got them when all they've got to go on are the tyops!!

Got what exactly?

Measles?

• Advertisement

Well, it's like The Magic Roundabout in here sometimes.

etc etc etc

:eek:....:confused:.....:rolleyes:....:D

Ah you must be new to the internet....Welcome :pac:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

F*cken c*nt. The man is not a comedian, his shows are profane, offensive and vile. How he gets a crowd is inexplicible.

I don't condone violence, however good ol' Dave here is quite an exception. I personally hope the rumours are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Aspiration wrote: »
    F*cken c*nt. The man is not a comedian, his shows are profane, offensive and vile. How he gets a crowd is inexplicible.

While I'm not a fan, some people do like profane, offensive and vile in their comedians. Hence the crowd.

Besides most popular comedians nowadays would probably have been considered vile and offensive in years gone by. Maybe Dave McSavage is just ahead of his time? :eek:

With that said, it sounds like he acts like a dick to people outside of his shows who haven't agreed to participate. That's not right. It should be like the Thunderdome rules. If you go to his show, you're fair game but if he goes around insulting people on the street who didn't go looking for it, then he deserves what he gets (from those people).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Tbh as far as McSavage is concerned, when reading about his exploits begging on the street, try and imagine his weedy, fluffy-bearded, manboy exterior exchanged with a shuffling, hardcase junkie's.

Now if some knack was coming over trying to take my phone like another poster said McSavage did I would certainly try and lamp him.

Just because he's a "celebrity" among the lowest form of gutter rag tabloids and thinks his nepotism laced relationship with the RTE scheduling department means he's a somebody, doesn't give him some sort of licence to go round annoying people.

Fukin useless, talentless prick doesn't seem to understand that if you've nothing pleasant to say, say nothing especially when you're talking to an angry builder with his girlfriend in tow.

Got what exactly?

Measles?

Got them to the point where they haven't anything to say in rebuttal. Oh, and if you want to be pedantic, there should be a comma after "what".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement