Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Would think the ink would become hard to get for that over time..

Should be possible to refill the toner cartridge. There are various websites that sell bottles of toner and provide instructions on how to do it. Has the potential to be messy but not if you're careful.

I have a Samsung printer I bought seven or eight years ago and have yet had to replace the cartridge itself. Just a few refills over the years.

If you don't need to print in colour, these budget B&W lasers are tremendous value if you are willing to go to the trouble of refilling the cartridge yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There'll be more 75% offs when the plannagrams start back again after xmas.

Marvel alarm clock 2.84 euro.

like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WOLVERINE-ALARM-CLOCK-RETRO-TWIN-BELL-STYLE-NOVELTY-GIFT-X-MEN-MARVEL-FILM-/360632098275

4 left in lisduggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    There'll be more 75% offs when the plannagrams start back again after xmas.

Marvel alarm clock 2.84 euro.

like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WOLVERINE-ALARM-CLOCK-RETRO-TWIN-BELL-STYLE-NOVELTY-GIFT-X-MEN-MARVEL-FILM-/360632098275

4 left in lisduggan

Looks cool, seen a really stupid item I want to pick up, a Marge Simpson dish cleaner for €3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

334539.jpg

Not the greatest bargain , but a cheap 8 GB USB 2 for €4,99

(In Arklow, on an end of aisle display facing checkouts)

Link to Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ59-008G-B35WB-8GB-Cruzer-Drive/dp/B00KWHHU72/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1421014765&sr=8-8&keywords=cruzer+u+usb+flash+drive#customerReviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There was a lot of energy saving lightbulbs reduced in Tesco Athlone yesterday, mostly around the €1.25 mark, in a specials box not far inside the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

There was a lot of energy saving lightbulbs reduced in Tesco Athlone yesterday, mostly around the €1.25 mark, in a specials box not far inside the door

You've enlightened me, with that find ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Microsoft hd-cam 3000 €13, down from €44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Spotted in Tesco Coonagh, Limerick last night. Don't know if all shops. But a Ricoh SP201N Network Black and white laser printer for €39.

334492.jpg

Just checked the reviews, good but not perfect, toner pricey, still not bad for here, shame though as seems they were going for less than ten pounds in Tesco in the UK recently. I might check maynooth all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Maynooth has them, saw them last night
    Also, they have a Nerf Rebelle "diamondista" crossbow for €1.63. There's a big Nerf display with loads of these on it, but no price. Their price is in the toy aisle - there's a white Nerf shotgun ziplined to the shelf - but no stock there.... Anyway, comes with 3 "secrets and spies" darts and the decoder sleeve.

The Angry Birds Star Wars toys are slashed again, €15ish for a set that used to be €30ish. Wasn't interested so didn't pay that much attention, sorry. Oh, and Simon Swipe for €10.87 but there was only one on the shelf and some young lad kept walking off with it and bringing it back, presumably after failing to get his mam to agree to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Also, they have a Nerf Rebelle "diamondista" crossbow for €1.63. Before you get too excited, it's handgun size and purple. You cannot run around pretending to be Daryl Dixon with one of these. I tried. There's a big Nerf display with loads of these on it, but no price. Their price is in the toy aisle - there's a white Nerf shotgun ziplined to the shelf - but no stock there.... Anyway, comes with 3 "secrets and spies" darts and the decoder sleeve.

The Angry Birds Star Wars toys are slashed again, €15ish for a set that used to be €30ish. Wasn't interested so didn't pay that much attention, sorry. Oh, and Simon Swipe for €10.87 but there was only one on the shelf and some young lad kept walking off with it and bringing it back, presumably after failing to get his mam to agree to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭moodswing

Anybody know if they happen to have the Fisher Price stages train reduced to 11.50 in stock in Maynooth? None in Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Teresa kirkham

If anyone wants a samsung tab 2 case i have one .i thoight it might fit the 4 but it doesnt .only 2.50 e white

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

moodswing wrote: »
    Anybody know if they happen to have the Fisher Price stages train reduced to 11.50 in stock in Maynooth? None in Celbridge
    in Maynooth last night and didn't see any this train, I did see them last week for 28 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Banjo wrote: »

Also, they have a Nerf Rebelle "diamondista" crossbow for €1.63. Before you get too excited, it's handgun size and purple. You cannot run around pretending to be Daryl Dixon with one of these. I tried. There's a big Nerf display with loads of these on it, but no price. Their price is in the toy aisle - there's a white Nerf shotgun ziplined to the shelf - but no stock there.... Anyway, comes with 3 "secrets and spies" darts and the decoder sleeve.

just picked one up for my daughter in Douglas for €1.63, there was one more left after me,

this is the one for anyone interested: Nerf Rebelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

t9oiqm.jpg

None in stock in Tullamore, although I got the feeling that there was and he didn't want to give me one haha

Someone might have some luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

lenoude wrote: »
    t9oiqm.jpg

None in stock in Tullamore, although I got the feeling that there was and he didn't want to give me one haha

When somebody posts this type of bargain I immediately think of this:

Its_a_Mad,_Mad,_Mad,_Mad_World_Trailer9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

as HDUK would say, its a complete wild goose chase.

hoping someone somewhere gets one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Angel2013

The Fisher Price seems to be available on the Tesco website for 11.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,547 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Custom Clubcard extra points voucher book came out today - like last time, all stuff I've stopped buying there with a random bag of apples thrown in at the end; but more usefully - a double points voucher for the entire shop. Got some gift cards coming from a survey site and my birthday's up before the vouchers expire (late Feb) so there'll probably be a big shop done.

• Advertisement

Tesco 2200kW steam irons and Technika 5200mAh power banks, both just over €4, at Tesco Tralee Square. Four to six of each in stock.

I bought one of these power banks a few months ago for about the same price in another Tesco and really can't fault it. Very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Quackster wrote: »
    Tesco 2200kW steam irons and Technika 5200mAh power banks, both just over €4, at Tesco Tralee Square. Four to six of each in stock...
    Did you find the power banks with phone accessories or alongside batteries? Haven't noticed any in my local Tesco. I agree with you that they are a very handy thing to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

leck wrote: »
    Did you find the power banks with phone accessories or alongside batteries. Haven't noticed any in my local Tesco. I agree with you that they are a very handy thing to have.

What is a power bank? I googled it there but didn't tell me a whole pile

heldel00 wrote: »
    It's essentially a portable charger - can be used with any USB-powered mobile devices. Great when you are travelling.

29 best power banks 2015 UK: best portable chargers for smartphones and tablets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

heldel00 wrote: »

You charge it up and it stores the power and then you can take it with you and charge your phone on the go off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

t9oiqm.jpg

anyone no if there is any stock anywhere for these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Are these the newish kindles?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

None kindle in Naas :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

cena wrote: »
    Are these the newish kindles?

Seriously? They're less than €14 like.

t9oiqm.jpg

Which model is that? I'm squinting trying to make out the original price on the shelf tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Which model is that? I'm squinting trying to make out the original price on the shelf tag.

Looks like €82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭laros

They are the Wifi version it was available around a year ago... and according to 2 staff members I spoke to they were all snapped up in tullamore very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

6" Wifi edition.

Did you find the power banks with phone accessories or alongside batteries? Haven't noticed any in my local Tesco. I agree with you that they are a very handy thing to have.

They are with the mobile accessories but the store in question is a small one that doesn't carry a whole pile of non-food items so they might be elsewhere in a larger store. Think I found the one I bought in the computer accessories section of Killarney Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Still some of the 24 cent Scotch Pop-Up tape dispenser refills around. I picked up some in Ashbourne and Drogheda in the last week. They are marked on the sel as reduced to €1.50 but bar code 5010027415591 scans at 24 cent. It is stuck on as a white label over the original packaging barcode.

Very handy for next christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Pink 3ft Xmas trees in Claremorris €1.75 - 2 on the shelf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Amethyst : The Block bluetooth speaker .... reduced to clear @ €20 ... spotted 2 in Tesco Celbridge.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

RayCon wrote: »
    Amethyst : The Block bluetooth speaker .... reduced to clear @ €20 ... spotted 2 in Tesco Celbridge.

Not doing the "this isn't a bargain thing" but they were 25 in DID before Christmas. I would imagine you would pick them up for a similar price online. They are decent speakers, nothing special but worth it at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

bren2001 wrote: »
    Not doing the "this isn't a bargain thing" but they were 25 in DID before Christmas. I would imagine you would pick them up for a similar price online. They are decent speakers, nothing special but worth it at that price.

Still far cheaper than Amazon though, both types get fantastic reviews as well.
    I might try pick one up, seems rude not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Maxwell house coffee in mild (red jar) and granules (blue jar) 100g - €2 (usually€3.84)
    They seem to do this reduction a couple of times a year, I watch out for it because the red jar one is the only instant coffee for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jazzy cian

Not sure if this has been spotted by anyone else but Tesco in Clarehall have big bargain bins out with a lot of old stock of wii, ds, ps2, xbox360 and ps3 games for between a euro and 5 euro. A lot of wii games and some good titles for the 360 but not many copies like bioshock and gta 4 and gow 3 for 5 euro. Lots of other bits too. Anyone thinking of heading in for a look would want to hurry up because people are like rabid dogs looking through the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

coffeepls wrote: »
    Maxwell house coffee in mild (red jar) and granules (blue jar) 100g - €2 (usually€3.84)
    They seem to do this reduction a couple of times a year, I watch out for it because the red jar one is the only instant coffee for me.

1.49 in Dealz...
    I notice Tesco doing a complete section of 1.49 stuff probably trying to compete with Dealz..

muincav wrote: »
    1.49 in Dealz...
    I notice Tesco doing a complete section of 1.49 stuff probably trying to compete with Dealz.
    The one at Dealz seems to be just the Maxwell House Classic Roast 95g (brown lid) - not sure how it compares tastewise with the Maxwell House Coffee Powder 100G (red lid) which the previous poster referred to. I'm happy with the Fairtrade coffee granules (100g for 1.99) from Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Belkin 2.1 amp home charger down to €1.10 from €18.26
    There's 2 left on Newbridge.

guil wrote: »
    Belkin 2.1 amp home charger down to €1.10 from €18.26
    There're 2 left in Newbridge.
    Is this the black and green one like this one on Amazon? They started to mark those down about this time last year. I got two about nine months ago but haven't seen any of those in Tesco since then. Packaging is green and white, barcode is 722868930588.

More recently, I've seen a range of Belkin products in Tesco in newer white packaging. They used to be displayed in a free-standing cardboard display, but always seemed to be full price.

What is the barcode on the one you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is this the black and green one like this one on Amazon? They started to mark those down about this time last year. I got two about nine months ago but haven't seen any of those in Tesco since then. Packaging is green and white, barcode is 722868930588.

More recently, I've seen a range of Belkin products in Tesco in newer white packaging. They used to be displayed in a free-standing cardboard display, but always seemed to be full price.

What is the barcode on the one you got?
    Yeah that's it, you added an extra 8 to the barcode though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Bought 1kg of Kerrymaid butter tonight for €2.04 and beside it was 500g for €2.09 in Tesco

Don't sound right . -- why would anyone buy the 500kg for €2.09 when you get double for €2.04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Bought 1kg of Kerrymaid butter tonight for €2.04 and beside it was 500g for €2.09 in Tesco

Don't sound right . -- why would anyone buy the 500kg for €2.09 when you get double for €2.04

Seems like a great deal.. you'd need a big fridge though:)

I've never seen Kerrygold in a 1kg size. Tesco.ie only shows the standard 454g size and the smaller 227g. If you got 1kg of butter for just over €2, that was quite a bargain.

As for why the larger size is cheaper per kilo than the smaller size, that's usually the case across a range of products. However, sometimes it's the reverse as with an example posted earlier today: the Maxwell House Coffee Powder 100g is €2 while Maxwell House Coffee Powder 200g is €7.50 so it would be cheaper to buy two 100g jars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I've never seen Kerrygold in a 1kg size. Tesco.ie only shows the standard 454g size and the smaller 227g. If you got 1kg of butter for just over €2, that was quite a bargain.

As for why the larger size is cheaper per kilo than the smaller size, that's usually the case across a range of products. However, sometimes it's the reverse as with an example posted earlier today: the Maxwell House Coffee Powder 100g is €2 while Maxwell House Coffee Powder 200g is €7.50 so it would be cheaper to buy two 100g jars.

KerryMAID not KerryGOLD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Except the poster referred to Kerrymaid, which is a spread (fake butter) not Kerrygold (actual butter).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement