Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also, PC cheats can be fun once you've completed the game. I wouldn't mind infinite flamethrower ammo. I wonder how much of the world I could set on fire at the same time :D

Ever consider taking up a career as a evil overlord. I think you have the aptitude for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ever consider taking up a career as a evil overlord. I think you have the aptitude for it.

Moowahahaha!!! Its begun :pac:

65983.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Did anybody get this briefcase ? how did you do it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Confab wrote: »
    Anybody know of any cheats for FC2 so far? Can't find anything that works on the web.

I've uploaded the Game Guide, Pm me if You want the link.
    Might help You along if You know whats coming

MooseJam wrote: »

You try pulling a jeep up alongside and using it to climb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

oh i remember getting that..either use a jeep or try jumping off where you are...or check if theres a ladder around.

a jump did it, took about 10 tries though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hop onto the railing, sprint-jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Hop onto the railing, sprint-jump.

Although jeep alongside also works for a fair few of them.

There's one
    in the lake where you have to blow up the fuel supply, think it's at the NE corner. It in a partly submerged building. It's either underwater or on the roof, but either way
    can't work out how to get it.

MOH wrote: »

Although jeep alongside also works for a fair few of them.

There's one
    in the lake where you have to blow up the fuel supply, think it's at the NE corner. It in a partly submerged building. It's either underwater or on the roof, but either way
    can't work out how to get it.

You have to swim down and through the submerged doorway.

Had one noodler there last night that I must of spent an hour trying to get at. It was on a ledge on the other side of a river with a little embankment beside it. I assumed they wanted you to drive a boat up onto the embankment and then jump up on the ledge from the roof of the boat. I was at it for ages trying to ram a fishing boat (the big ones, not the swamp boats) up onto the ledge but it was never high enough. Eventually I gave up and went to unlock a safehouse nearby. What do I find when I get there... a hanglider :o so I use it, swerve my way through a canyon, fly over a checkpoint and then land on the ledge to get the diamond.

I like that they have put some thought into the placing of some of the diamonds. They make you think laterally and non-conventionally. Most games would never require you to have a car on hand to get up to somewhere.

Also, as a side in regards to the malaria, I think it's set to how much you run or walk. I found when I was traveling mostly by car I didn't get hit with malaria for a good while. But now that I'm using stealth and running/walking to a lot of locations I'm getting hit with malaria a lot more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

tman wrote: »
    Printscreen worked fine for me... It saves the screenshots in my documents > my games > Far Cry 2 > screenshots

Doh, thanks for that, that works. Not listed in the Controls menu for some reason.

In other stupid news, it was only last night after moving on to Act 2 that I copped that the number beside the diamond in the top corner of each map is how many diamonds are on that map. I'd though at the very start it was a count of how many I'd collected so far, then I forgot about it.

Also, assuming most people, like me, jumped in without reading the manual, if you manage to flip your car while driving, you can right it again - walk up to it and push 'E' a few times, you'll rock it back over.

I thought I'd cleared a camp but then some dude starts taking pot shots at me, I checked everywhere but couldn't find him but he kept hitting me, anyway eventually tracked him down - he was inside a mountain lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I thought I'd cleared a camp but then some dude starts taking pot shots at me, I checked everywhere but couldn't find him but he kept hitting me, anyway eventually tracked him down - he was inside a mountain lol

That's f**ked up! :)

Decided to play through the next few missions and see how well the stealth works

I've bought the camo and equipped the Silent Makarov 6P9, Silent MP-5 AK-47 and the Dart Rifle.

I'm actually amazed how different using stealth makes the game feel. Before I would just roll right into an area, get on the mounted gun and just take out everyone in a matter of seconds.

With stealth you have to plan out your route and watch the patrolling patterns of the guards. The camo suit at night is good but it only perfectly conceals you if you are crouched and not moving in the grass, so you still have to watch which ways the guards are looking. The weapons also are absolutely rubbish if you get spotted, I've found its better to just throw down a wall of molotovs and high tail it to a safe distance and pick the rest off with the dart gun.

Currently this game is up to about an 8 in my books. Are many of yous bothering with the side missions or are yous just completeing the main storyline and doing the optional friend missions?

yeah the clipping is pretty bad in this game. In fact this game is pretty buggy in every area.

66120.jpg

The animations on the animals is absolutely rubbish. This buffalo comes over to me and just turns on the spot without moving his feet, like he was on a rotating platform or something

66121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i have noticed a few strange things like this happening. one time i was standing on top of a petrol tank (the big cyinders with the stairs on top) and someone was shooting me through the tank. they were on the ground and their shots were passing through the wall and roof of the tank and coming out at my feet..and leaving marks.....nad no, there was no one above me shooting down.

lots of times i have been shot by guards looking the other way. the bullets a just come out sideways.

anyone else have this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I've a strange glitch (playing FC2 on PS3).
    I'm doing the Warren Clyde rescue in Act 1.
    I've killed the guards, gone into the building and rescued him... but....
    The red objective ring still stays up on the map!

Really wierd, I can't get pass this mission. I hope someone can help....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Decided to play through the next few missions and see how well the stealth works

I've bought the camo and equipped the Silent Makarov 6P9, Silent MP-5 AK-47 and the Dart Rifle.

I'm actually amazed how different using stealth makes the game feel. Before I would just roll right into an area, get on the mounted gun and just take out everyone in a matter of seconds.

With stealth you have to plan out your route and watch the patrolling patterns of the guards. The camo suit at night is good but it only perfectly conceals you if you are crouched and not moving in the grass, so you still have to watch which ways the guards are looking. The weapons also are absolutely rubbish if you get spotted, I've found its better to just throw down a wall of molotovs and high tail it to a safe distance and pick the rest off with the dart gun.

Currently this game is up to about an 8 in my books. Are many of yous bothering with the side missions or are yous just completeing the main storyline and doing the optional friend missions?

Tbh I wnet ninja one one or two assassination missions and it was a good laugh.

I snuk into an enemy airfield, popped the target with a single silenced pistol shot to the head, got delayed by a jeep patrol, hid, the guards spotted the corpse so I ran out to the airfield, sniped the driver and gunner in the patrol jeep with the pipe rifle and high tailed it under heavy fire out into the dessert. Good fun and much better than simply killing all the retard AI guards.

I honestly think if they made the game a tiny bit more realistic i.e. inaccurate enemies, much higher damage on the weapons when shooting the AI, location specific damage to the AI like Golden eye, less enemies but better scripted I think the game would have been much much better.

Technology wise its an 8.5/10 or 9/10 Gfx are good, weapons sound meaty, the tactical use of fire is amazing and you get nade launchers!

But the game is a 7/10 gameplay wise for me. No real soul to the game, stupid respawn, enemies take too many bullets to die and are thick as a brick. Far too repetitive, but then again Ubisoft Montreal did do Assassins Creed so I guess they have a well established history of taking good game ideas, putting good tech behind them but fogetting to actually make a proper game :rolleyes:.

Also where was base rapping the enemy from a Hind hele gun ship in the game? Its Africa, seriously we should have had at least one Blood Diamond-esque mission of total pwnage from the air! Boo hiss. All we get are crashed helecopters!

uglyjohn wrote: »
    lots of times i have been shot by guards looking the other way. the bullets a just come out sideways.
    anyone else have this happen?

Have had this happen a few time alright.

Moon54 wrote: »
    I've a strange glitch (playing FC2 on PS3).
    I'm doing the Warren Clyde rescue in Act 1.
    I've killed the guards, gone into the building and rescued him... but....
    The red objective ring still stays up on the map!

Really wierd, I can't get pass this mission. I hope someone can help....

Had something happen on a rescue mission on the PC, had to reload the mission. Only way around it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

then again Ubisoft Montreal did do Assassins Creed

Aha! It all becomes clear. Assassin's Crud is lovely to look at but the gameplay is awful... horrifying... waaayyy beyond redemption. So they decided to make a game that looks even better and plays a badly (if not worse) than AC.

Blame Canada lads, blame Canada :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Confab wrote: »
    Blame Canada lads, blame Canada :D

South Park classic! :D

I have this for the PS3, i got it delivered on release day but i've played very little of it. Its just not grabbing hold of me or something. I find the AI very off putting. I want to get into it but just can't for some reason.

Hey I was sent to get an attache case of diamonds but the jackal got me, now I'm locked in a prison, how do I get out or what am I supposed to do, I've been sitting in the cell for like 5 minutes so I just turned it off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Patch 1.01 is out, no major changes it seems.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/13229/Far+Cry+2+Retail+1.01+Patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

uberpixie wrote: »
    Had something happen on a rescue mission on the PC, had to reload the mission. Only way around it for me.

Thx, I'll try and go back a few saves and hope the glitch goes away.
    Cheers.. :)

found a way out of the prison

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spear wrote: »
    Patch 1.01 is out, no major changes it seems.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/13229/Far+Cry+2+Retail+1.01+Patch

that the only patch out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So far, though in the forum release notes it's acknowledged that this is only the start. Having said that, in the notes there's no mention to make the multiplayer "not sh*t".

Here is the list of fixes. Will be waiting until the FOV Mod has been updated though (seriously, why the hell didn't they address the FOV issue in this patch :mad:)

The list of fixes can be found here:
    http://snagwiremedia.com/far-cry-2-version-101-patch-released/

Of interest to me:

Singleplayer

- Fixed health not changing with the difficulty level.
    -A buddy will no longer get stuck when healing him while player is receiving damage.
    - Stats of favourite weapon are now properly reset between loaded save games.
    - The mortar will no longer move the player through wall.
    - Mission objectives markers are now show properly after loading a save game.

General

- Fixed glider key remapping.

The Glider issue was really irritating. I use 8456 instead of WASD, but whenever I'd get on a hanglider the keys wheren't remapped so I'd have to quickly switch over to WASD to control it.

They still haven't stated whether they have fixed the issue with crashing to the desktop though. I can usually tell when its going to happen as the screen will start flickering shortly before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

just got the game but it only opens in window mode. i checked all the settings but can't seem to change this. any ideas how to resolve this?

Click in the game and hit Alt-Enter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That's started happeneing to me too, for some reason. Bit annoying, but easily fixed.

Oh, and I saw my first storm last night (in-game, that is). Holy shìt it was fantastic looking. It's the first time I really noticed the wind in the game blowing all the plants and trees about.

I have to say, the more I play this game, the more I'm enjoying it. I actually quite like the checkpoints now. They add an extra element of excitment to the game, especially if you try to out run them through the jungle.

has anybody tried taking out the town