Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suarez with 52% of the total vote, Steven Gerrard (!) and Yaya Toure runners up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is there any update on whether sturridge is available for tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I don't think he'd need to justify it - same as you don't need to justify Liverpool supportes who did it

But

Any evidence?

I was talking about that poster, not Everton fans in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Last Sunday has really knocked me for six! My weekends (and especially Sundays) were all about watching as much football as possible but since the Chelsea game all I've watched is the Atletí semi final, 10 mins of the Everton - City game and the last half hour of Real Madrid last night!

The Premier League has broken my heart, I'm 99.9% certain we won't win the League since the Chelsea game and my interest in football has almost gone completely. I'm heartbroken, it's gonna be so cruel to possibly lose the title again on goal difference. Obviously I will watch Liverpool's last two games but I can't bear to turn on Sky Sports News/Sky Sports/BT Sports cos I don't want to know anything about the EPL at this moment in time. Even looking in on this thread is hard to take, the feeling of deflation has overcome me!

Having said that the season as a whole has been amazing, none of us could have imagined the joy and excitement we'd get out of it. This team is really beginning to take shape, we play some fantastic football and we can only hope that our great club is stirring again and we take this form into next season. So many positives but yet each and every one of us is gonna feel a sense of 'what if' next Sunday and it hurts.....deep down it really hurts!

Don't know whether to be happy or sad! The glass is definitely half full, I just need to get my head round that and maybe when the season is officially over I can do it!

kfallon wrote: »
    Last Sunday has really knocked me for six! My weekends (and especially Sundays) were all about watching as much football as possible but since the Chelsea game all I've watched is the Atletí semi final, 10 mins of the Everton - City game and the last half hour of Real Madrid last night!

The Premier League has broken my heart, I'm 99.9% certain we won't win the League since the Chelsea game and my interest in football has almost gone completely. I'm heartbroken, it's gonna be so cruel to possibly lose the title again on goal difference. Obviously I will watch Liverpool's last two games but I can't bear to turn on Sky Sports News/Sky Sports/BT Sports cos I don't want to know anything about the EPL at this moment in time. Even looking in on this thread is hard to take, the feeling of deflation has overcome me!

Having said that the season as a whole has been amazing, none of us could have imagined the joy and excitement we'd get out of it. This team is really beginning to take shape, we play some fantastic football and we can only hope that our great club is stirring again and we take this form into next season. So many positives but yet each and every one of us is gonna feel a sense of 'what if' next Sunday and it hurts.....deep down it really hurts!

Don't know whether to be happy or sad! The glass is definitely half full, I just need to get my head round that and maybe when the season is officially over I can do it!

Jaysus man, chin up!

Go for a walk, fresh air is always good. If that fails, a bottle of jameson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jaysus man, chin up!

I am taking more of an interest in the World Cup this past week, trying to work out a few bets to occupy my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Is there any update on whether sturridge is available for tonight?

He was in the training pictures anyway......which he wasn't the week of the Chelsea game.

kfallon wrote: »
    I am taking more of an interest in the World Cup this past week, trying to work out a few bets to occupy my time!

Yeah, mad to think the world cup is next month.

Then back into pre season friendlies and off we go again. Tis great !

Sturridge is badly needed tbh.

The team hasn't looked or played the same without him and Henderson in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

The team hasn't looked or played the same without him and Henderson in it.

When you think about it, you're not wrong, big loss, who would have thought it for a man who can't run properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Jaysus man, chin up!

Party at Rarnes1 gaff and he has loads of Jameson.

YAY!!

What time will we head over, rarnes?

:D

5live wrote: »

YAY!!

If he has any Linden Village, then I am in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The team hasnt looked or played the same without him and Henderson in it.

We could have donevwith a player like Ibe in the squad the last few games. He'd be a bit more at home in an attack than Lucas is. Lucas is too slow on the ball far up the pitch. I'd hope that maybe Alberto will start tonight, team would be more balanced with him in it.

YAY!!

tumblr_lnje8ptPTA1qa4d9o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There'll be no amount of Jameson that's enough if we lose tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Armin Kodzic compilation for the season, some pretty dreadful pitches for a ball playing striker to cope with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sprang out of bed today was like aw yis match day didn't realise its not on until 8pm **** sake. That's almost Tuesday.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Sprang out of bed today was like aw yis match day didn't realise its not on until 8pm **** sake. That's almost Tuesday.
    Only 6 days until the next game though:)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we lose tonight, City win on Wednesday, and Sunderland get a point in midweek then there is nothing whatsoever that will be decided on the last day of the season which is mad.

Hopefully we can get a decent win in tonight though to keep hope alive. A Crystal Palace player to get a red card while conceding a penalty in the first minute would be nice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully we can get a decent win in tonight though to keep hope alive. A Crystal Palace player to get a red card while conceding a penalty in the first minute would be nice :pac:

Speroni hopefully. Then Hennessy comes on and follows him down the tunnel a minute later. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysus man, chin up!

I went out to Bray for a walk today. Walked by Katie Taylor on the street. She has a cracking arse, lads!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I went out to Bray for a walk today. Walked by Katie Taylor on the street. She has a cracking arse, lads!!

Wouldn't be looking at her arse shed crack the skull of ya. If you must, treat it like its the sun - be aware it's there but don't look directly at it. Ah Seinfeld.

If we lose tonight, City win on Wednesday, and Sunderland get a point in midweek then there is nothing whatsoever that will be decided on the last day of the season which is mad.

Sky would still try and hype it to the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd let her bash her way around my ring anyway.

Well...gently does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Erm...no.

Apparently he has won nothing, according to a poster in the last thread.

Which reminds me, Dixiefly, any screenshots of that bet yet?:D

I am not posting it here but if you are that desperate you can PM me your email address and (assuming that City win the league) I will email you a screen shot of the bets (2 bets, 1 was a €200 win and the other was a €100 win).

If ye win the league then it doesn't really matter.

When he PM's you the screenshots, 5live, be a champ and post them into the thread after, will ya? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I got the kids the pannini world cup sticker album each this morning, it was something i loved collecting when i was young, my little lad (3) has no interest, bit young yet i suppose, but my littl girl (6) loves it, they got 6 packs of stickers each, the bloody things are 70 cents each which is crazy, she keeps asking me what team are they and whats his name, is he better then him, i think ive created a monster with her:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I got the kids the pannini world cup sticker album each this morning, it was something i loved collecting when i was young, my little lad (3) has no interest, bit young yet i suppose, but my littl girl (6) loves it, they got 6 packs of stickers each, the bloody things are 70 cents each which is crazy, she keeps asking me what team are they and whats his name, is he better then him, i think ive created a monster with her:D

70 Cent?! Rip off. I remember they used to be 20P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Talking of the Sunderland game. A draw is 21/10. That's a big price considering a draw will make both teams safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Whats the story with that hodzic chap anyways? His name dosent come up on the lfc website when you search, do the club have him under contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

First

Knex. wrote: »
    When he PM's you the screenshots, 5live, be a champ and post them into the thread after, will ya? :pac:

There was a lad using mock photoshopped screesnhots of bets a few years back in the gambling forum for months claiming he won this bet and that bet.

Someone caught him out and posted all the proof on the thread. One of the best things I've ever seen on boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hi

Our Year wrote: »
    hi

ho

hi
    ho

Lets go!

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd let her bash her way around my ring anyway.

Well...gently does it.

Jebus, nearly chocked on my hang sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Stevie G at 9/2 for MOTM could be nice considering last week with him trying to make a mends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    Lets go!

Even I am embarrassed at this one.

ramones.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Is it going to be SaS or just S from the start tonight does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There was a lad using mock photoshopped screesnhots of bets a few years back in the gambling forum for months claiming he won this bet and that bet.

Someone caught him out and posted all the proof on the thread. One of the best things I've ever seen on boards!

Hmmm.... 5 days til the end of the season gives him plenty of time to learn photoshop basics.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

monkey9 wrote: »

Saw Jessica Ennis is Hyde Park during the Olympics. Man, she's a cracking arse.

micar wrote: »
    Saw Jessica Ennis is Hyde Park during the Olympics. Man, she's a cracking arse.

Yer man on the right has taken a knee in awe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Even if it does happen that way, it will still be mathematically possible for us to win the title, however unlikely.
    3 points behind and a minimum of +11 GD in City's favour.
    10-0 win over Newcastle required if so, and of course city would need to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,878 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it going to be SaS or just S from the start tonight does anyone know?

It could be SaSaS or it could be SaS or it could be SaSaS or it could be SaSaSaS

So many S's to choose from:P

2040611476.jpg
    509455-10.jpg

We need to get that Yarmolenko lad, to have that Sassy line-up.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Grayditch wrote: »
    We need to get that Yarmolenko lad, to have that Sassy line-up.

Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka.

<insert jiztastic gif here>

SASSKY?, haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

hi

Best Username on Boards :D

Rodgers should put the word out he's on the lookout for the type of defenders that can keep a clean sheet against City in the latter stage of the season. Big contract, type job. :pac:

dixiefly wrote: »
    I am not posting it here but if you are that desperate you can PM me your email address and (assuming that City win the league) I will email you a screen shot of the bets (2 bets, 1 was a €200 win and the other was a €100 win).

If ye win the league then it doesn't really matter.
    Oh but it does.

You swan in, dick swinging, telling us that Gerrard, probably the best players in our club in the last 20, winner of multiple trophies has won nothing.

Then you prattle on about this majestic bet you laid on Man City winning you E700 if they win the league but you can't show it online coz you don't know how to show the proof. Cue 2 posters showing you how to post the bet and you disappear.

As i said before, i couldn't give a fiddlers about betting but you made the claim on thread so you can post the bet on thread. If you made the claim by PM or e-mail then that's where it would stay.

It goes to credibility. Is there a bet or not?

If there is then fair play, all you have to do is post it, withdraw the silly remark about Gerrard and i will apologise for busting your balls about the whole affair and forget it, no harm done.

If there isn't a bet then say so and be done with this lark, we put it down to a moment of madness and move on.

But to remain claiming to have a bet that doesn't exist is just stupid and pointless and childish. 'Fess up and be done with it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement