Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Few decisions to be made with chasing price rises.

Have
    Gomis (=.1 rise got already)
    Defoe (68% to a rise, but high ownership)
    Zarate (91% to a rise but lower ownership than Defoe)

For the timebeing, Am I right in thinking I should hold Zarate for a few days, as he'll need less Net transfers for a double rise (whoever is buying him boggles me). In order to get Aguero in tonight.
    Defoe will be in my team for the next GW so I can't miss his potential rise at any cost later in the week.

Gomis will be dumped, too expensive for a Swansea player long term.

Have similar issues in MF (with players having rose .1 and waiting for a second rise to bank)
    but can anyone tell me is my Thinking right on my strikers. dump Defoe for now and hope for a Gomis or Zarate double.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dahat wrote: »
    Silva-Sanchez- Aguero combo has been landed. Looks strong as well.

McCarthy/Myhill
    Bellrin,Darmian,Kolarov,4.5,4.0
    Payet,Silva,Sanchez,Mahrez,4.5
    Gomis,Aguero,Sakho

West Ham double up for 1 GW only, left with £7.8 to replace Sakho then.

Opinions?

Good team. I'd get Ighalo for 5.0 and then get another 7mill midfielder -Shaquiri or Ayew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Good team. I'd get Ighalo for 5.0 and then get another 7mill midfielder -Shaquiri or Ayew.

That's a plan though Shaquiri or Ayew wouldn't be top if my list, already have Gomis from Swansea.

Barkley is interesting if Martinez holds current formation.

Igahlo was my ft this week so not against getting him back in after City match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

This is my team for gameweek 3, im plan on silva in for hazard in a few weeks but Chelseas fixtures and form don't warrant it at present, also doing all out attack next week with shaw and darmian my 2 defenders, opinions?

xIydLJc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Wildcard activated

To make money on price rises alone whats the best team.

I'm thinking.....

romero mccarthy (cant have hart as have 3 city)
    kompany richards shaw ((darmian gomez)) had already with both rising
    mahrez payet barkely yaya montero
    gomis lukaku aguero

have I left anyone out?

For my real wildcard team I will be having Sanchez and Silva is it risky not picking them tonight incase they rise by tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

This is my team for gameweek 3, im plan on silva in for hazard in a few weeks but Chelseas fixtures and form don't warrant it at present, also doing all out attack next week with shaw and darmian my 2 defenders, opinions?

xIydLJc.jpg

Considering you're in the Wildcard thread, you can't use the all out attack when it's employed.

As for the team, I like it a lot. Mane's end product appears to be poor however, and I'm not sure Kone will continue his current form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Considering you're in the Wildcard thread, you can't use the all out attack when it's employed.

As for the team, I like it a lot. Mane's end product appears to be poor however, and I'm not sure Kone will continue his current form.

Kone will be benched after this game week and will prob be sold for a 4.5m bench fodder striker in a few weeks so I can do silva to hazard,I'd like to keep silva but since Aguero is a must have and I really should have Chelsea coverage it seems like the logical things to do, anyone with Aguero, Hazard, and A Sanchez all in one team should do well at the end, there's no must haves in the united midfield or forwards at present put ill be monitoring depay and mata and see if I can squeeze 0.5 from somewhere to do mane to one of them if needs be , I'm keeping mane for now since Southampton have very good fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Too early for drafts IMO. See what kind of value you can drum up first and see how the week goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    I don't think you need it is much as most of us because you already have Aguero.
    Shoulda posted this here not price changes........my defence is poo, but not urgent apart from Coates dropping.

My team is in good shape otherwise with Aguero, Payet, Gomis, Mahrez, Gomez already aboard.

But I've just worked out that I'll be approx 0.9m worse off if i wait.
    • Rooney/Coates drops -0.3
    • I make it 4 fairly good 0.2 risers I don't have and could profit on (Richards, Yaya/Kompany*, Barkley, Lukaku) *will only have enough City spaces to profit on one of these. 0.4 missed out on.
    • Players like Shaw/Darmian and Barkley (I know he's counted above but only for 0.1 potential profit) who I may want when I do wildcard and will cost more is another 0.2 cost.

Is it worth pulling the trigger now for that team value gain, or would there be a similar team value gain most weeks? I'd prefer to keep it but 0.9m is a big number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Shoulda posted this here not price changes........my defence is poo, but not urgent apart from Coates dropping.

My team is in good shape otherwise with Aguero, Payet, Gomis, Mahrez, Gomez already aboard.

• I make it 4 fairly good 0.2 risers I don't have and could profit on (Richards, Yaya/Kompany*, Barkley, Lukaku) *will only have enough City spaces to profit on one of these. 0.4 missed out on.
    • Players like Shaw/Darmian and Barkley (I know he's counted above but only for 0.1 potential profit) who I may want when I do wildcard and will cost more is another 0.2 cost.

Is it worth pulling the trigger now for that team value gain, or would there be a similar team value gain most weeks? I'd prefer to keep it but 0.9m is a big number.

I did a -4 for Coates to Shaw and Rooney to Aguero. I figure that should cover a good bit of the above and allow me to keep my wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You look well enough covered with risers. Maybe you could avoid some fallers.

CSF wrote: »
    You look well enough covered with risers. Maybe you could avoid some fallers.

I've done Kane to Gomis. Want to keep Rooney for Newcastle but that would mean losing 0.2 probably. I want to get Silva before he rises this week and that would be -4.

Coates is annoying but not worth another hit.

Its pretty much as i outlined above or else wildcard.

Anyone who didn't have a couple of Aguero or Payet or Mahrez, and maybe had a couple of fallers pending it's a no brainer, would be 1.3m+ better off if playing wildcard right.

I've done Kane to Gomis. Want to keep Rooney for Newcastle but that would mean losing 0.2 probably. I want to get Silva before he rises this week and that would be -4.

Anyone who didn't have a couple of Aguero or Payet or Mahrez, and maybe had a couple of fallers pending it's a no brainer, would be 1.3m+ better off if playing wildcard right.

Or would Coates to Shaw for -8 be worth it and suck up Rooney and hope he only drops once?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

-8 or wildcard half an hour to decide.

-8 or wildcard half an hour to decide.

Likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You guys can take the -8 and spend tomorrow thinking about hitting WC if needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Praying my main cash league rivals don't WC tonight, alot of players rising and certain combos will be beyond their reach hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Stupid question, I think I know the answer but just checking incase the rules have changed: if I play my wildcard now and bring in say, Aguero. Will I profit the .1 if he rises by .2 this week if I ship him out before I confirm my final wildcard team (if I chopped him on Thursday let's say)

In a nutshell can you still profit on players rising throughout the wildcard week?

PARlance wrote: »
    You guys can take the -8 and spend tomorrow thinking about hitting WC if needed?

No if im wildcarding it needs to be tonight as there are 5 or 6 other lads I want rising and 1 or 2 I dont want falling.

PARlance wrote: »

Would miss out on maybe 3 potential 0.2 risers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Myhil Schmeichel
    Richards Huth Targett Saylor Ward
    Hazard Sterling Henderson Cabaye Westwood
    Aguero Rooney Sakho

FT already used, 1 mil in the bank. Can't decide on whether to use the wildcard or not to bring in the likes of payet, mahrez, sanchez.. any advice?

No if im wildcarding it needs to be tonight as there are 5 or 6 other lads I want rising and 1 or 2 I dont want falling.

Well? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Or would Coates to Shaw for -8 be worth it and suck up Rooney and hope he only drops once?

Am in the same boat regarding Coates and Rooney/Agüero. Also got Gomis for Kane yesterday.

As I said in the price changes thread I feel I don't need to WC, especially after my good start so far.

A couple of adjustments at the back. Agüero. Sanchez. That's about it. Of course I could chase the value on some players and make a couple of nice £0.1m profits (will actually check how many I realistically could make).

I wanted to keep Rooney up to the Newcastle game. Also Agüero away to Everton, not his best team. Got injured in the first leg last year and came on late (recovering from the injury suffered in the first leg?) in the second. The year before he scored in both games but before that failed to score in 3 games against Everton (source: http://www.footyplace.com/features/manchester-city-v-everton-stats-aguero-and-lukaku-to-battle-1206305627 - (*)).
    But, by the looks of things, if I don't get Agüero this week and let my confidence to Rooney for one final game, chances are I'll get Agüero for £0.4m more (since I can see him rising next Saturday at this rate and it would not be reasonable to get him in before he gets to touch a ball in GW3).

(*) Anyone knows if there's a website where we can find the players stats against each team home and away?

So again as I said here I'm actually eyeing a 4 to 12 (max) pts hit to make a mini-WC and keep the real one for later (ideally Christmas).

One idea is to get a United def & Agüero for -8, ditching Bellerin and swallowing Coates price drop.

Wild idea is to rearrange my whole defense with Kolarov & a United def, take advantage of Richards rise and get Sanchez for Fab... Aaaaaaah stop it iroced! Plan was not to WC that early!

Well? :)

I pulled the trigger its wildcard time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

https://youtu.be/M2dhD9zR6hk

Edit: Balls, can't post on mobile, it's the countdown clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

iroced wrote: »
    (*) Anyone knows if there's a website where we can find the players stats against each team home and away?

FFS do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

can ya no longer see if a person has activated their wildcard ?

km79 wrote: »

It's pretty easy to tell by looking at their bank value if you have a baseline value for them

zarquon wrote: »
    FFS do this.
    For free?
    Don't think so.

• Advertisement

you will know in the morning by the team value

https://youtu.be/vD94dVu8lqQ

Am in the same boat regarding Coates and Rooney/Agüero. Also got Gomis for Kane yesterday.

As I said in the price changes thread I feel I don't need to WC, especially after my good start so far.

A couple of adjustments at the back. Agüero. Sanchez. That's about it. Of course I could chase the value on some players and make a couple of nice £0.1m profits (will actually check how many I realistically could make).

I wanted to keep Rooney up to the Newcastle game. Also Agüero away to Everton, not his best team. Got injured in the first leg last year and came on late (recovering from the injury sustained in the first leg?) in the second. The year before he score din both games but before that failed to score in 3 games against Everton (source: http://www.footyplace.com/features/manchester-city-v-everton-stats-aguero-and-lukaku-to-battle-1206305627 - (*)).
    But, by the looks of things, if I don't get Agüero this week and let my confidence to Rooney for one final game, chances are I'll get Agüero for £0.4m more (since I can see him rising next Saturday at this rate and it would not be reasonible to get him in before he gets to touch a ball in GW3).

So again as I said here I'm actually eyeing a 4 to 12 (max) pts hit to make a mini-WC and keep the real one for later (ideally Christmas).

One idea is to get a United def & Agüero for -8, ditching Bellerin and swallowing Coates price drop.

Similarly I feel had some bit of advantage in having a lot of the right players in my team already. And wildcarding same time as everybody will level it all out. However do we go from slight advantage to behind the times by sitting still?

In your case don't forget that rooney will probably fall by 0.2 while Aguero will rise 0.3 to 0.4 if you wait till Sunday. That 0.6 of a swing on that move alone. If you wildcard you can ship Rooney and get him back next Sat morning for 10.3 and have both him and Aguero for next week.

Not selling it to you, pretty torn myself. Starting to think sometimes you have to be fluid and take an opportunity to improve even if plan a was doing ok.

For free?

No, member stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is there anyone who isn't wildcarding? :(

I'm feeling left out and kinda worried that I might become very cash poor soon! Although everything might calm down after tonight or it might not :eek:

I think it was fairly certainly the right call in your shoes. Expected you to given your itchy trigger finger anyway.

Would you go for it in my case as a matterof interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm feeling left out and kinda worried that I might become very cash poor soon! Although everything might calm down after tonight or it might not :eek:

I'm not. Wouldn't have the time for it this week as I'm away from Wednesday.

I also think there's a good advantage to be had holding it until nearer Xmas.

I think it was fairly certainly the right call in your shoes. Expected you to given your itchy trigger finger anyway.

Would you go for it in my case as a matterof interest?

Id probably take the hit in ur shoes. I can't really afford to take the hit due to my miserable points total. The thing is I still like my team for next week the likes of mane and rooney could score quite high looking at fixtures and I've a feeling rambo will come good. It wouldn't surprise me if my current team out scores my wildcard team next week. However I've so many players that are going to drop and I know I want both sanchez and Aguero.

Everyone's circumstances are different I made a great start last year and wildcarded at this time to give me an added edge ended up destroying my team and fell from 60k to 1 million in the space of a few weeks. If you have made a good start and are relatively happy with your team I'd be considering a few hits. I think it's best to wait till the window closes. All my picks have flopped bar kolorav so I feel I have to reluctantly wildcard as my value would drop a lot or alternatively I'd be taking a 12 pt hit which I can't afford.

Similarly I feel had some bit of advantage in having a lot of the right players in my team already. And wildcarding same time as everybody will level it all out. However do we go from slight advantage to behind the times by sitting still?

In your case don't forget that rooney will probably fall by 0.2 while Aguero will rise 0.3 to 0.4 if you wait till Sunday. That 0.6 of a swing on that move alone. If you wildcard you can ship Rooney and get him back next Sat morning for 10.3 and have both him and Aguero for next week.

Not selling it to you, pretty torn myself. Starting to think sometimes you have to be fluid and take an opportunity to improve even if plan a was doing ok.

Yeah you're absolutely right regarding Rooney/Agüero.

Re WC I'm absolutely torn.

On one hand, WC transfers being included this week could be a carnage in terms of team value. If a huge proportion of people are WCing (which looks like it), then a later WC won't have the same advantage team value wise.

On the other hand, with the transfer window still opened and with the possibility to use the WC for Christmas, it sounds sensible to hold it for now. I feel it's also too early to select your defense. United & City are on fire. OK. That's the 2 premium. But Chelsea can't be ignored. Then the cheap 3-way rotation to go alonside is not very clear to define right now (Villa, Swansea, Pulis?).

So the big question is whether I go for the hits and get Agüero now. And could actually play WC later if same amount of players are reaching the 150% every night. I'd miss a couple of £0.1m but some of them could make £0.3m so no bother... Or if I pull the trigger...
    zarquon wrote: »
    No, member stats.
    Any free site then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm not. Wouldn't have the time for it this week as I'm away from Wednesday.

I also think there's a good advantage to be had holding it until nearer Xmas.

I think it was fairly common knowledge that I kept my WC for a good while into last season :P (only mentioned it about twice a week heh) and played it during midweek fixtures in that end of Nov/ early Dec and it ruined me. Killed any momentum I had and then started going backwards after threading water so I'll be using mine sooner rather than later I'd imagine.

Obviously most mightn't feck it up and be onto a winner. I'd like the traditional first or 2nd international break or at least get past GW4 and see.

I think I have to do Henderbus -> Mahrez tonight. I can worry about Mings, PVA and Rooney then.

I picked the skeleton of a team I was content with for the first 3/4 weeks and damnit I can be stubborn enough to see it through with the right transfer here and there :)

It's just I've never seen do many people so spooked this early on before and the only issue to my mind is that we got these 2 low scoring weeks at the start of the season and not mid March.

• Advertisement

If Wildcard transfers are included don't forget there will be loads of wildcards international week and the week after. There will be better profit to be made than last year even in an average week.

Say there might be 0.5 to 0.7 profit from wheeling and dealing this week, maybe 0.3 or 0.4 another week.

Rooney potentially losing 0.2 if it keeps going like this is my toughest pill to swallow. If I didn't have Aguero I'd be long gone to wildcard town.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In the process of wildcarding. Only 3 players in my team are not heading towards price drops. My keeper and the two players I brought in for my 2FT.

Need to stop the rot immediately.

I think it was fairly common knowledge that I kept my WC for a good while into last season :P (only mentioned it about twice a week heh) and played it during midweek fixtures in that end of Nov/ early Dec and it ruined me. Killed any momentum I had and then started going backwards after threading water so I'll be using mine sooner rather than later I'd imagine.

Obviously most mightn't feck it up and be onto a winner. I'd like the traditional first or 2nd international break or at least get past GW4 and see.

I think I have to do Henderbus -> Mahrez tonight. I can worry about Mings, PVA and Rooney then.

I picked the skeleton of a team I was content with for the first 3/4 weeks and damnit I can be stubborn enough to see it through with the right transfer here and there :)

It's just I've never seen do many people so spooked this early on before and the only issue to my mind is that we got these 2 low scoring weeks at the start of the season and not mid March.

I certainly won't keep mine past GW 6 to 8. I have Mahrez, Aguero, Payet, Gomis. Would be mad to wildcard surely!!??

And no. There aren't tow different fhfcs posting tonight. I am actually making all these opposite points in alternate posts.

FPL personality disorder I think it's called!

Wildcard activated.

Bring it fcuking on bitches.

It's actually immensely comforting that many of the lads whose opinion I respect are either Wildcarding or strongly considering it on the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I certainly won't keep mine past GW 6 to 8. I have Mahrez, Aguero, Payet, Gomis. Would be mad to wildcard surely!!??

And no. There aren't tow different fhfcs posting tonight. I am actually making all these opposite points in alternate posts.

FPL personality disorder I think it's called!

Use it when you need to use it. You're covered well for risers (personally I wouldn't do it for team value anyway, that comes naturally).

2 weeks of blanks for the form players and everyone will lose their minds again. You can't expect consistent returns from payet, mahrez etc. because their clubs won't smash goals in every week.

Rooney will probably drop this week and he has Newcastle at old Trafford. That is mental. 2 bizarre weeks admittedly but thats a small sample size. Rooney > aguero this week IMO, goodison is a tough place to go and while city do look good they haven't become barca overnight; flattered by an out of sorts chelsea today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hope Wildcard transfers are counted in the price increases. Otherwise no one will go up as we're all wildcarding

titan18 wrote: »
    Hope Wildcard transfers are counted in the price increases. Otherwise no one will go up as we're all wildcarding

There are lots of WCs being used and it seems the rises are going to happens. Regardless, its the price falls I'm trying to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hoping for Kompany, Albrighton, Kone, Romero, Smalling, Barkley, Richards and Gomez to rise by 0.2 this week for profit. Don't intend keeping any of them that are in my team tonight. Yaya Toure is debatable on whether I keep him or go for Silva or Hazard

If Wildcard transfers are included don't forget there will be loads of wildcards international week and the week after. There will be better profit to be made than last year even in an average week.

Say there might be 0.5 to 0.7 profit from wheeling and dealing this week, maybe 0.3 or 0.4 another week.

Rooney potentially losing 0.2 if it keeps going like this is my toughest pill to swallow. If I didn't have Aguero I'd be long gone to wildcard town.

So you'd actually be WCing to sell and buy back Rooney cheaper and avoid Coates price drop. You'd also rearrange your midfield (Fab & Mirallas to go I presume) and defense (get a United and/or City def).

I don't know what I'd be doing in your position since I still don't know what to do in mine. Sensible things to do is to wait and swallow maybe a couple of £0.1m and/or take up to a -8 pts hit.

But with transfers going crazy tonight, could go crazier tomorrow if Liverpool put on a performance and Tuesday the same with people who missed out on Monday eve rises/falls then it can slow down Wednesday but Thursday it should start to boil again (some people may anticipate another Friday night football) and finally Friday could hit Big bang level before deadline day. So this week can mathematically be the perfect WC week.

But it's fécking too early ! Damn that City performance and those 3m+ people playing :p :pac:!

---

It may not be a popular opinion here but I found last year with WC transfers out of the price changes calculation much much much better. We were playing more fantasy football and less fantasy team value (myself included :rolleyes:).

So you'd actually be WCing to sell and buy back Rooney cheaper and avoid Coates price drop. You'd also rearrange your midfield (Fab & Mirallas to go I presume) and defense (get a United and/or City def

Pretty much. Defence is a bit of a mess and Speroni could be back for gw4 or 5 so keepers need sorted. I'd start next week with my current forwards and probably only Fab and Mirallas changed in midfield. But I'd potentially have a million quid extra!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement